It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[WATCH] The Video that Brought the World Together.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
"Whatever you shine your light on, you will see." - Me

Thanks for all your comments and video submissions in this thread. I am glad most of you felt 'it' .

EDIT to add:

Imagine the whole world perpetually feeling 'this' always. This is the world that is waiting for us. Envision a world celebrating togther, laughing, dancing and playing in the streets. This day will come.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
these are some cool vids from the transformation team...

www.transformationteam.net...

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skipper1975
these are some cool vids from the transformation team...

Hey cool webpage... awesome.

This one was a little tough (in a good way) www.transformationteam.net...

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Brilliant posts, the videos are touching and its always nice to see humane acts being carried out.

Really lightened me up

Thanks

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

good to see you buddy

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel
reply to post by wrathchild

Are you upset because this man has managed to convey to us all what you would like to?

We are all the same...
Stop seeing the bad in things and start seeing them for what they are , without jealousy or hate.

QS, I dig many of your posts...but why are you telling someone else what to do? You've attempted to command [what we assume is] another human being to do what you want him/her to do. Are you going to Bohemian Grove this month?

I, for one, enjoyed the video tremendously. Even though, as a previous poster mentioned, it was sponsored by a chewing gum company, which shall remain nameless. Far be it from me to shill during the off-season.

i do apologise to wrathchild for such a direct comment. it was not a command more of a 'request to view things in a different light' although my original post was blunt.

The video still makes me smile, seeing other humans smile does that to me.
after watching it a few times i do take on board many points of the cost of this venture and the real state of the world. also i had no idea this was sponsored by a company, sorta puts a different light on the video.

and no i have never heard of bohemian grove, will read the thread though

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I have to say, that the negativity towards this thread has really opened my eyes.

I cannot believe so many would not just appreciate it for the most simple and Basic of messages "we are all one".

As has already been said, people don't get along because of governments/religion/money et al., but the point is that none of that is relevant here

I can see why humanity is the way it is, in micrcosm, in this forum....and it's sad.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I watched this video and loved it, brought a tear to my eye, and by no way am I a heart on my sleeve type of guy.

And reading the responses was telling, almost a little microcosm of where we are today. Most of the people got the point, saw the happiness, realised mankind is one and we all seek happiness and can do it together. And then there is a small group of people who quite honestly are fubared. They come here, trash the video and all it stands for, trash the author and have the audacity to talk about shooting guns as if it were the right way. These people are closed minded, destroyed by the soulless economy, by the monotony of their day to day, by their own coldness and lack of love. And they don't see it. All they have is ego, telling them to superimpose their will and lack of values on everyone else, to be superior, despite the irreducible fact that their empty, black and void, inside, lost in their own lack of empathy, compassion, love. I honestly pity you guys, I really do, not so long ago I was in the same frame of mind and it took all my strength to drag myself out of it. You guys should try too, because that frame of mind will only atract crap into your lives, like it did to mine.

When the sun shines you take in the warmth and smile. Starred and flagged and more people need to seek happiness together and ignore the negativity evil souls are trying to unload on mankind.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
"Stream of Life"

The same stream of life that runs through my veins night and day
runs through the world and dances in rhythmic measures.

It is the same life that shoots in joy through the dust of the earth
in numberless blades of grass
and breaks into tumultuous waves of leaves and flowers.

It is the same life that is rocked in the ocean-cradle of birth
and of death, in ebb and in flow.

I feel my limbs are made glorious by the touch of this world of life.
And my pride is from the life-throb of ages dancing in my blood this moment.

---

These are the lyrics of praan, the music played in the video, and they really say it all.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

Thank you for a very well said comment Zep. You definitely got it and it's a wonderful feeling. If we all could put away our petty differences and the hate and come together like Matt did with the people he met then everyone would have a smile on their face. I see more frowns and "what are you looking at" faces today and it's sad. It's a wonderful video and Matt is a lucky man to be able to smile & dance along with other smiles from all over this world. Star for you Zep and I hope you get praised by some mods.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Maybe it should be sent to Congress,and the President, heck send it to every world leader out there and let them know we are still human beings.Maybe it just might hit one or two in a place they haven't felt in years.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
whilst we are on the topic of warm and fuzzy videos, here is my personal favourite. its not exactly warm or fuzzy but it has a similar message in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

absolutely fantastic video, thankyou for posting.

JFK wanted to bring people of the world together, was way ahad of his time regards climate change.

No wonder the PTB arranged his assasination, his offering the russians a place on the first US moon misson woldn't have exactly fit into their grand scheme.

Divide and conquer I suppose

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

I said a prayer when i watched this video , I hope we can all learn to live together .

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Also watch this older video of Matt, the song there is GREAT!

youtube link

(Sorry if it was posted before here, i didnt read all the thread)

Great videos anyways!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
We had a few ATSers on the latest one in the clip from London (my Bro has also signed up for next one, if Matt's back in the UK again).

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Kurokage]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by fingapointa

Originally posted by cloakndagger
I must be one of the few who does not understand this. A guy dancing all over the world for what reason? What is the purpose? Someone please explain why this is inspirational?

The purpose is to sell chewing gum. He was sponsored by a chewing gum company.

Actually you have it wrong.

Matt is a 31-year-old deadbeat from Connecticut who used to think that all he ever wanted to do in life was make and play videogames. Matt achieved this goal pretty early and enjoyed it for a while, but eventually realized there might be other stuff he was missing out on. In February of 2003, he quit his job in Brisbane, Australia and used the money he'd saved to wander around Asia until it ran out. He made this site so he could keep his family and friends updated about where he is.

A few months into his trip, a travel buddy gave Matt an idea. They were standing around taking pictures in Hanoi, and his friend said "Hey, why don't you stand over there and do that dance. I'll record it." He was referring to a particular dance Matt does. It's actually the only dance Matt does. He does it badly. Anyway, this turned out to be a very good idea.

A couple years later, someone found the video online and passed it to someone else, who passed it to someone else, and so on. Now Matt is quasi-famous as "That guy who dances on the internet. No, not that guy. The other one. No, not him either. I'll send you the link. It's funny."

The response to the first video brought Matt to the attention of the nice people at Stride gum. They asked Matt if he'd be interested in taking another trip around the world to make a new video. Matt asked if they'd be paying for it. They said yes. Matt thought this sounded like another very good idea.

Learn more about matt and how he accomplished this and why , click here wherethehellismatt.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
this is an awsome video !

very touching and warm !

you can feel the sensation of the people sharing love !

i makes you wonder what went wrong that we gave our control away !

but wait, if you give something away, theres always a chance to get it back !

this video should be emailed as much as possible form friends to friends !

and oh, the people trying to make this look like an ad or just dislike it for whatever reason, you ve lost the sense of feeling what is good for the soul.

GET OUT AND DANCE :-)

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
I watched this video and loved it, brought a tear to my eye, and by no way am I a heart on my sleeve type of guy.

And reading the responses was telling, almost a little microcosm of where we are today. Most of the people got the point, saw the happiness, realised mankind is one and we all seek happiness and can do it together. And then there is a small group of people who quite honestly are fubared. They come here, trash the video and all it stands for, trash the author and have the audacity to talk about shooting guns as if it were the right way. These people are closed minded, destroyed by the soulless economy, by the monotony of their day to day, by their own coldness and lack of love. And they don't see it. All they have is ego, telling them to superimpose their will and lack of values on everyone else, to be superior, despite the irreducible fact that their empty, black and void, inside, lost in their own lack of empathy, compassion, love. I honestly pity you guys, I really do, not so long ago I was in the same frame of mind and it took all my strength to drag myself out of it. You guys should try too, because that frame of mind will only atract crap into your lives, like it did to mine.

When the sun shines you take in the warmth and smile. Starred and flagged and more people need to seek happiness together and ignore the negativity evil souls are trying to unload on mankind.

I admire your gumption of labelling all folk who disliked the video or failed to see the point of it as evil and soulless. Honestly, the amount of do-gooders here really makes me feel warm and fuzzy; as the power of positive thinking knows no bounds here does it? I don't need your pity by the way as I seriously doubt that it's lack of values or ego talking here, but if you think that solving all the world's problems can be solved if we were together seeking "happiness" (an emotion that never lasts long and differs from individual to individual.) then you are more then welcome to commence dancing. Perhaps you can start by having a hoedown at the Gaza strip and invite all the Palestinians and Israelites to work for peace through interpretive dance. I'll cheer you on and everything, waving a little miniature flag with your face on it as you do the good old shuffleshoe.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
It does not matter if this type of video is the result of a chewing gum company, soft drink company, band promotion, etc. And it doesn't really matter that everyone "gets it", as long as some one "gets it", or is inspired to do something better. The thing that attracts us is that it is positive and simple, anyone can do it or join in. Whether it is, a simple dance step, a hug, a simple song with a positive message, two fingers to represent peace held high above the crowd, a sincere smile, a child laughing outloud, a puppy bouncing in the grass, two people leaning in to each other for a simple kiss. An image of something positive. The sound of something positive. We are constantly bombarded with so much pain, fear, anger, suspicion, rage, sadness, etc, that I welcome a few moments of cheer from some goof going around the world doing his silly dance and getting others to join in, a guy hugging little old ladies that no one else care to even see. Give me more of these things, let me read more about the people spreading good will and a positive message, how ever simple and childish it may be, rather than so much focus on how many people I've never met that want to kill me.

Ok, my rant is over, we can go back to the standard BS.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join