It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chat refugees,

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
i could u2u you the pass if ya want it.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

Yeah Givenmay, I did stay a day longer... My boss phoned and asked if I wanted an extra day off this week, since he knew I was in BC visiting Family. Such a sweetie...yet an *** all at once. Haha. So i took the extra day off and drove home yesterday.

But darn if I wasn't going through MAJOR ATS withdrawls. I was just itching to get into the library (which of course in a town of 1000 was closed).

I gotta catch up on the Gossip!! Any news for me?

- Carrot
NPO Spokeswoman

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordInfamous
NPO wipes. what raven uses when she's not feeling so fresh.

you prolly buy a box a week don't ya?

[edit on 30-7-2008 by LordInfamous]

That and NPO toe fungus remover
A girl has to stay fresh

[edit on 31-7-2008 by raven bombshell]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by raven bombshell

The Numbskull Pirate Organization is watching you.

[edit on 31.7.2008 by Shugo]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Is chat still down?

Can I get a U2U when it's back up? How am I supposed to stay on top of this?!:w:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
This is getting crazy...

What the (BLANK) is going on here...

Why can't ATS get thier heads out of their (BLANKS) and fix this...

SHouldnt be hard... they probaly could have fixed this in 20 mins if they wanted...

Its been Weeks now...

WTH is wroung with ATS...

Freaking slackers...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
SO said it was a java issue, and if you aren't handy with the java, then it's not happening in 20 minutes for sure, and 9/10 chance if you ARE, it's still not happening in 20 minutes.

I've dealt with server upgrades before, and software that doesn't support, it's not easy to break open and fix.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Shugo

So it takes weeks to do???

Or is it just not a big enough issue...

After all, only a handful of us lowly members use the Chat... Why waste Resources...

ATS is all bottom-line now...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Well lets think here.
What's better?

A few of us using chat at the expense of security, and one day logging on to find the entire site has been attacked and crashed? OR...

No chat until a new system is found, and we all keep our wonderful discussion place?

Which do you want?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
This is getting crazy...

What the (BLANK) is going on here...

Why can't ATS get thier heads out of their (BLANKS) and fix this...

SHouldnt be hard... they probaly could have fixed this in 20 mins if they wanted...

Its been Weeks now...

WTH is wroung with ATS...

Freaking slackers...

Well them kind of comments will help eh?

Im sure that will motivate SO to really get it up and running, Let me remind you chat is a perk,

Be a little more respectfull, ATS does not owe you a chat room, Its simply a little Extra,

[edit on 31-7-2008 by asala]

[edit on 31-7-2008 by asala]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo
Well lets think here.
What's better?

A few of us using chat at the expense of security, and one day logging on to find the entire site has been attacked and crashed? OR...

No chat until a new system is found, and we all keep our wonderful discussion place?

Which do you want?

Speaking here as a member who used chat frequently, the above statement is very well put and a great perspective to have while we're having to do without chat. Anyone who uses chat know that there are staff members who use it just as much, if not more.. so everyone involved is pulling to get it back.

It'll happen when it happens. I think the Overlord knows a thing or two about what he's doing and if the past is any indication (which it is) I'm fairly comfortable he's probably working his ass off to provide our members with everything he possibly can.

I think he's earned the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

I know I know...I have been slacdking hard core...I posted a pic over in the pic thread, read some gossip, spread some threads, had crickets again...sniffles...rotf.....otherwise its been uneventful.

Oh and a chat isn't back so I kind of been uh slackin!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

OH Slacker!!! Come on 200 posts! You are almost there!!

Chat will come back, when it comes back. It's a perk for us - it's not something they NEED to provide for us. We have a temp chat we can use, hosted by Bodrul if the need strikes for pleasant conversation. If you have 200+ posts you can U2U someone for the password. I believe the same Rules, T&C still apply though - so be good.

I'm sure that SO is doing all he can - in trying to find us a replacement for Chat. We deserve the best right?
If we have in fact LOST Chat for good, I'm sure it would be posted for us to read. Just give it time guys!

Kick back, have a beer, and stay a while

- Carrot
NPO Spokeswoman

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

kick back have a beer and stay awhile!!!!! I like the sounds of that~!!!

Besides I have a healthy

:w::w::w::w::w::w::w::w::w::w:

beer drinking habit...
!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

LOL, me too. I am known to hold my own bottle of Vodka for most of the evening - rarely do I share it. Well, and I guess no one is really as much of a fan of Apple Vodka as I am...

You'll have to have a beer for me dear, Its far too early for me right now. Perhaps after work Ill have myself a brew...

- Carrot

PS. Whats your post count at now sweetcheeks?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

dude 34 posts to go
you could easily do that in one day
the pass to chat is in your sights post away

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

34? That is NOTHING! Get Postin buddy, lets see ya tonight in Chat!

*Hello Turtle

- Carrot

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

....uhh as I stand right now I have 33 left to go!!! sheesh I slacked hard core this week.....

So what would you been doing for work? anything fun and exciting?...

I don't drink this early either and its like 104 outside today....

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Yeah, its only about 25* here today....104F? What is that in C?

I work Front Desk at a Hotel, pretty forgiving Job - but its just for the summer. The other 8 months of the year I go to University in BC, for a degree in Psychology. Perhaps law after that. We shall see.

What do you do?

- Carrot

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
here in Salt Lake City we got up to 96 degrees.......

I wanted to share with the chat buds about my day with my son, cuz it was pretty fun.

I took Dash to an all you can eat sushi bar and we stayed more than an hour...he was LOVING this place as it was so techno Japanese, with a revolving counter bringing the food round and round to everyone to pick and choose from. He got a melon flavor Japanese soda and is saving the bottle, it had a marble in it.

I have been to places like that in California but my kid had NEVER seen that kind of place and he was thrilled.....he is a PRO everything Japanese......I think he is this way because of POKEMON, and he has been OBSESSED with all things Pokemon ever since he was 5.
Ive thought he would grow out of this in time (hope hope hope)......but back 3 years ago there was a traveling Pokemon nationwide gaming contest and I took him to the mall to give it a go....and the guy that won was close to age 30
Dash did good enough to win a T-shirt.
This makes me think he will never outgrow this love of strange squeaky cartoon critters

bummer.

Gosh.....its NO FUN to just do a rant..........I prefer the back and forth of chat....where the other fun peeps tell me about THEIR day.....and might try and help me understand my kids obsession........and say EWWWWW to eating sushi.
"sigh"

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join