It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chat refugees,

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

104-32=72/2 = 36

How you convert F to C is simply subtract 32 from the temp, and divide by 2, then you will have the Celcius. To go the other way, converting C to F, multiply the temp by 2 and add 32, then you have it in Farenheit (sp).

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Shugo

Thanks Shugo!! I didn't know that!!! So here, it's currently 13*C, so..

13*2 = 26 + 32 = 58F?

Sweet! Thanks a lot dear

- Carrot

PS. How is everyone doing this fine lovely evening, have you taken a walk into DATS yet? Its a pretty kickin' bar and grill!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Shugo

Lil ole me???? But why? arrrrrrrrrr, shver-me-timbers

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Hmmm, chat is still down eh? Not a problem. it'll give me a opportunity for one of my typical wordy posts where I can freely ramble on.

But what music shall I listen to why posting? Nah, tortured people with the reference to Disco last time.... Got it, nothing too horrible this time. Old Yes!

*Fires up Fragile by Yes*

Good tunes but the only problem is that Visual background hallucinations as I type. You know those mental videos that some people (especially me) have when listening to certain music? Although in certain songs though I have identical ones that I had 20 years ago. Darn it!! I've updated that spacecraft design a long time ago. Gone past the Dreamweaver design and into the Raven about in that time frame. On second thought perhaps a rebuild of the Dreamweaver might be in order to creative with Bryce.

*Sits staring off into space for a couple of minutes. head cradled in right hand. Lyrics being partially repressed as he pays attention to the music more than the words. Shapes are being created on a mental blackboard and fitted together. Wings are being shaped. Fuselage shape built, stretched and fitted with wings. Warp drives being built and added onto ends of wings. Cockpit shape dredged up from memory and figured how to be built in Bryce. Yes, I could do that. Mentally files it away for future work.
The mental video?
*Song title "South side of the sky". *

*A massive blizzard blows somewhere but not on earth. A white landscape is revealed. Snow piled high in drifts. A few seconds after the music starts. A snowbank erupts as if something that has been buried has reared itself and shakes free the snow. A long spacecraft rises out of the snowbank. Mostly white but with stripes of either blue of black. The cockpit a assembly of angles resembling a blunted arrowhead mounted on a long pylon leading to the main body. The main body is curved in areas. A pair of scoops with screens can be seen on the underside. A pair of wings can be seen from the main body along with a pair of vertical stabilizers with a cross connector. 4 thrusters on the underside are firing as the ship rises out of the snowbank slowly and majestically. Power can almost be felt and not just heard. The ship rises and then slowly moves forwards. Shift viewpoint. The ship slowly navigates between a pair of Vertical cliffs with only a few feet to spare. Cross winds cause the ship to twitch but the ship recovers swiftly. Once past the pair of cliffs the ships nose arc up to almost a 45 degree angle and the ship then climbs to parts unknown.*

*Does it really happen?* from Yes's Drama album is now playing as I type this.

That was mental video while listening to "South side of the sky" song.
Hmm, ya know I should really build that design in Bryce (my 3D graphics program) that I worked on back in high school. Animating it would be both easy and a royal pain. Mainly the snow. Animating the snowfall would be a bear. The rest would be easy to do. much thought needs to go into this. I believe I now have the skills needed to resurrect something that dates back from high school. I've been drawing spacecraft since I was about 13 or so. I'm now 47 and have created so many designs that there's no way that I could do them all. I'll have to be selective. Pick designs that can be updated and look good verses the ridiculous designs. Got 3 candidates that I can do. The Dreamweaver (The predecessor to the Raven but independent operation as a separate spacecraft (with FTL) on it's own) in comparison to the Raven which is a landing craft with no FTL drive. The Minerva, (Mothership for the Raven), and a unnamed ship that has some features of both the Dreamweaver and the Raven (FTL drive but with Raven's landing capability).

*Places chin into right hand again*
Yes, good thoughts indeed. I'll need to work on that.

Ya know, that gives me to ask a question of those of you have read through my drivel.

When you listen to music do you (Like me) create mental videos? and if so to what song and what are they?

Take care everyone!

[edit on 1-8-2008 by Deson]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Fix the Chat...

WE are dying here...

DO it...

PLEASE>....

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by The Utopian Penguin

ahh Utopian!!!! are you sure I won't get the BOOT before I get my pass??

ROTF!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

Carrot you must be in Canada to be using metric, no biggy 104F equates to 40C it was freekin sissling outide!!!!! I am at the engineering library again all day, school starts up again in like 20 days!!!

how is work?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
beware of informants, rats, snitches, tattle tellers, and ppl who are wearing wires.

[edit on 1-8-2008 by LordInfamous]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
....*ability rubs hads methodically and says over and over 15 post till i get chat password*....

muuuuaaahhhhhahahahahhahahahhahahhah!!!!

yeah I know overkill but its so darn cool!

[edit on 1-8-2008 by theability]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

hahaha good work man, your almost there.

*growls* I want chat back

Maybe Ill actualy come onto temp chat for a bit later

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
So uh... whats the Chat URL, and Password...

It should be stickied in the 1st post...

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

I can taste your anxiousness, and it's delicious.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
*salutes*

*grabs a cup of coffee from the ATS sludgepot and disappears again*

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo

I can taste your anxiousness, and it's delicious.

I miss chat...

Where i could just jump on and get out what was bugging me in 5 mins...

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Come join us in temp chat!!

www.ldgfx.co.uk...

Did someone U2U the password yet?

- Carrot

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Man,still no chat? What's the deal?

Anyway,if someone would u2u me the password I'd be much obliged.

Thanks,
Doc

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
"Americans, Tradionaly, Love to fight.
All REAL americans, Love the sting of battle"

"Americans Love a WINNER, and WILL NOT TOLERATE A LOSER.
American play to win ALL THE TIME."

"The Very thought of losing, IS HATEFUL, to Americans"

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Yo yo yo crackers.

.. what's the password?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Frankfurt has microchip readers installed in social services centres..

it appears the chips go in your finger.

will try to grab photos of them ..

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
*stumbles in dreary*

Mornin' folks.
What say you all send me one of them there passwords?
I'd be much obliged.

*tips hat and meanders backover to the lonely campfire*

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join