It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Says Drill, Drill, Drill — and Oil Drops $9!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

That's just a liberal talking point.
Ignore it.
If we drill off shore we will have a lot more oil.
Anybody with common sense can see that.
Don't delay the inevitable. Drill - Drill - Drill........today!

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by ClintK

I do think we jumped the gun on ethanol. The current technology to produce corn ethanol isn't very efficient. But it has tremendous potential. We cab already produce a gallon of ethanol cheaper than a gallon of gas.

People will die this year due to food crops being replaced by ethanol crops. Either that or the UN and all the news reports are wrong. You would rather stop producing food than drill? Drilling won't kill anyone and it will help our economy. We can't have it both ways you know.

You also failed to mention how inefficient ethanol is and that it takes far more than a gallon to equal a gallon of gas. So even though it costs slightly less it actually costs more to use.

Natural Gas vehicles are very efficient and cheap to run. You can put a filling station in your own driveway. They have done it for decades in Rock Springs, Wyoming. There are two huge gas fields in the US now tied up in lawsuits, so they can't be drilled. The cleanest fuel we know that is ready to be put in use now. We have plenty and the Environmentalists are against it why???????????????? Pelosi is against it why???????????? Only their bankers know for sure

Your view is fanatical. Drilling WILL NOT help our economy. I have yet to see any economic model that says so. If you want to believe it (and it's clear you do), by all means go ahead. I like to believe utopian views of the world too, and I can understand why you want to believe this will somehow solve our problems. Simple. Easy to understand. But it will take YEARS before any of that oil reaches us, and at best (by all expert accounts) it won't REDUCE the price of gas, it will only slow the rise.

Gasoline is old technology. It might have a nice spurt or two left in the market, but this is old school stuff.

It's over. Let's move ahead. And F OPEC.

CK

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Can someone give me answer to this:

Why when oil goes up $5 dollars a barrel, do i see my gas prices go from $3.85 to $4.15

and when it drops... $9 dollars a barrel, i see my gas prices go from $4.15 to $4.19

over the last several months, i've been keeping periodic track of gas prices compared to barrel prices.

its a sham.

you can refer to This post for factual references

47% gasoline for use in automobiles
23% heating oil and diesel fuel

so why is it that these two (very essential to our way of life) are the ONLY two biproducts of a barrel of oil that see sharp price spikes?

If they weren't lying to us, why wouldn't a box of crayons cost $20.00 and trash bags go for $1.00 a piece.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Yes it’s the liberal congress that was elected 2years ago who’s at fault here right! It’s the damn liberal media! (Lets just forget about fox news and their buddies), it’s those damn democrats responsible for the oil crises! Is this right? utter BS from the righties I tell ya.... but with a forum infested with em its no wonder.

Drilling in Alaska will not amount to anything other that temporary relief and even at that the cost of getting to that fuel alone will take a large chunk out of the cost being paid by this fuel, this along with the years of this reaching the pump, so all in all this is psychological, like some adolescent kid wanting to draw out his $50 to waste instead of saving for that special bike he always wanted. You know this oil crisis was primarily caused by Bush and this republican administered white house for the last 8years. They lied about Iraq, they wasted trillions of this nations money for going in there and completely lied about their intentions, the economy is in thus state and all I hear is "blame the congress", its "the libs" on here. The republican party has no fault, lets just conveniently leave them out. Bush waited so damn long to lift this ban.. not to mention that this oil crises was for the most part due to Iraq and his poor decision making in the middle east. You know there’s always some scapegoat out there and now this man and his cronies are getting away with their lies all but assisted by a few in denial righties who choose not go after him.

Its election year folks, we hear this from Bush, and now I all I hear is "oh his a hero". Honestly now, are people really that willing to live in such ignorance?

We have been consumers of oil for so damn long... the US has been the largest consumer of the fuel in history and for years fuel was among their cheapest in the US, we have been spoilt and we have neglected the consequences to come of such greed. Its disappointing that people have lowered themselves to such political pandering... all this in order to continue their addiction to oil! they choose not to instead question why the hell oil is the only option in the entire world. So long as people continue to play into the political agenda of the corrupt, purely to satisfy their mindset, we will be slaves of the corrupt.

If you end your oil addiction! and your ignorance to political pandering! and your desperation! you will end these lies and those making a profit off of you. Maybe not all, but rest assured it will have impact. There are over 6 billion people in this world, 300 million of em live here... surely there must be somebody who knows of an alternative to this.

SG.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

You should really get your facts straight before you preach; China is not currently drilling for oil off Cuba's coast.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Title: How Oil Leases work...

1: You start the bidding process! ( 18,000 acres on one plot cost Getty oil 6.5 mil, this permit only allowed them to..... moveon to No. 2
2: The Company then files for a permit to locate a 'POSSIBLE' place to spud in!

3: You then must APPLY for a permit to setup your rig..usualy takes 3-5 years for the permit process in this instance.

4: The government usualy denies this permit the first time. Plus you must fight any and all lawsuits that might arise because you have 'PURCHASED' the permit.

5: you then appeal the denial. this takes another 2-5 years. You've nowspent almost 40 million dollars and you still don't have your rig set up or any real idea theres realy oil in your lease.

6: you then gain your permit to setup and spud in. ONE RIG ONLY!!!!!

7: EUREKA...You've drilled for 12-18 days and gone down 30000 ft and actualy found either natural gas or oil. Drilling costs amount to 2.6 mil.
You all set to pump out what you have found.....guesswhat????? YOU NOW NED A PERMIT TO ACTUALY PUMP OUT WHAT YOU'VE PAYED TO DRILL FOR AND THE PERMIT PROCESS STARTS AGAIN.

8:You have to aply for this permit because you can't pump anything untill the Government ( EPA, DEP, Animal rights folks, Sierra Club and any other tree hugers now fight you for the permit) grants you the right and permit to pump it.

9: Government denies your permit to pump because they just feel like it. The pressure from the anti's and its election time.

10: Apeal time...2-5 years in apeal and another 20 mil in costs!!

11: Hallelujah, you now have your permits to pump your product!!!!!! You've spent 60 -70 mil. on the process and your market is being played with by the government. It costs 68.00 per barrel to get it to market. but actual cost is much more.

YOUR NOW IN THE OIL BUSINESS, YOUR A BASTION OF THE WORLD AND EVERYBODY HATES YOU!!!!

Zindo

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
A recent article from Rawstory:

Officials Spread False 'Not a Drop Spilled After Katrina' Talking Point in Support of Offshore Oil Drilling

Former Senator turned energy lobbyist Trent Lott (R-MS) falsely claimed, during a Tuesday MSNBC appearance in support of drilling for oil offshore and in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, that Hurricane Katrina didn't cause oil spills.

*****SKIP*****

John McCain, told MSNBC's David Schuster that "we withstood Hurricanes Rita and Katrina, and we didn't spill a drop." In the past month, the same talking point has been spread by government officials such as Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal, Senator McCain, and Secretary of the Interior Dirk Kempthorne.

Here's a video of MSM, and McCain spewing out the lie that there was no oil spills after Hurricane Katrina.

Conservative Myth: Hurricanes Didn't Cause Oil Spills

MSNBC was reporting in 2005 contradicts this.

From same source:

MSNBC itself reported in September of 2005, estimated that 7 million gallons of oil, between 44 separate facilities around southeastern Louisiana, had been spilled as a result of the storm.

It's amazing how easy it is for the media and politicians to lie to us!

44 Oil Spills Found in Southeast Louisiana - MSNBC

Last year, Hurricane Ivan was responsible for oil spills in the Gulf, he said.

~ SKIP ~

Skytruth, a group that uses satellite imagery to track environmental damage, says extensive oil slicks are visible in areas of the Gulf raked by hurricane-force winds.

Satellite picture of oil slicks in the Gulf of Mexico in the link below!

Hurricane Katrina Oil Slicks - September 2, 2005

Skytruth - Oil Slicks, August 31st, 2005

Industry says there was no way to prepare for spills

In Louisiana, a new environmental incident was reported nearly every minute days after Rita passed: At 11:21 a.m. on Sept. 26, Chevron reported that crude oil had been released from a platform missing in the Gulf. Six minutes later, the phone rang again.

This time, it was Cytec Industries.

A storage tank at its Jefferson Parish facility was leaking sulfuric acid at 1 gallon every minute.

At 11:33 a.m., 11:37 a.m. and 11:41 a.m., natural gas was reported by people surveying the damage from a helicopter flying over the Gulf, followed by two more oil spills.

I guess they must figure, if the general public doesn't care enough to investigate their claims that "no oil was spilled", it's their own fault!

[edit on 7/17/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
So I had his profound thought.... Stop buying OIL!! people... Aside from the matter, High Oil prices isn't as a result of more expensive Oil, but more so because the Dollar is worth less.. So I say stop buying buying buying, and living outside your means..why cant people just buy what they can afford, and truly need.. I think we desperately need to fall into a recession, raise interest rates, and stop feeding the public with stimulus packages.. its like "here ya go dufus go buy some more junk that you don't need, so we can suck more out of you, and make your currency worth even less.." its such a freaking oxymoronic idea, I don't get it...

I believe that if we don't buy oil, and instead buy into other means of energy, that are renewable and more efficient and environmentally friendly, we might find a way to not only live more peacefully, but more contently.. Just for the record, I don't own a gas powered car, and I don't buy gas to heat my home or cook my food... people need to rid themselves of this addiction to oil. and find other means to live by..

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
How come when he said "mission accomplished" nothing happened then?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join