It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Says Drill, Drill, Drill — and Oil Drops $9!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I have pulled some data and found that the US refineries are running at an average of 86%. So if there is drilling done, where will this product go to be refined? You can toss in some with the facilities that are available, but it will not take anywhere near what is projected to be pumped.

Here is the data on refineries.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
A couple more things...Or actually to expound on them:
1) I DO know for a fact that there are "Extra" floating rigs available...these are held in reserve in case a rig breaks or is lost...therefore loss of production is reduced to only a few days VS a few months while the rig is drydocked or what ever for needed repairs.

2) Yes...I KNOW for a FACT that there are contengency plans for drilling in these areas (Call it a plan of attack...places they'd drill first, etc)...

3) And yes...the only way to find out IF there is really as much oil in ANWAR is to get in there and drill. The geologists say that it looks REALLLLY good...they've been doing this for a LONG time...and it's not like the old days of "Close your eyes and lets drillllll....HERE!!!"...there's ALOT of satelite imagery, ground mapping and geologic survey that goes on LONG before any drilling occurs...don't you see...if they Don't start drilling within a month of getting permission, then all the oil companies are doing is keeping the prices inflated for better margin...What we really need to do is go and switch completely to either CNG or Hydrogen power...it wouldn't take that long and as for the argument that "There's not enought hydrogen stations"...well, do ya think there were that many gas stations at first????
Thoughts, ladies and gentlemen?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero

Originally posted by jtma508
Anyone knows that there won't be any effect on oil supplies for 10yrs if we started work tomorrow.

In my opinion, this is the kind of [snip]thought that we need to stop.

10 years! Ten years to get a drop of oil out of the ground... that is a made up number, and most people bought it, bought it right from the mouth of the Major Media...

People that say it will take 10 years HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.

Can you clarify this a bit? I am sure 10 years is a made up number but please tell me and show some examples of how exploration, refining and finally sales of oil/gasoline can be done in 2 months as you elude to in your statement.

We have everything in place to get oil from places like ANWAR... we have pipelines built, platforms built... everything is in place... we just wait for congress to allow American COmpanies to drill...

In ANWR? As far as I know and can find on the net this also is untrue.

No offense but it seems to me that you do not know exactly what you are talking about either.

This isnt ground breaking, this is basic highschool Economics...

And so is the fact that you are using a FINITE resource that is goingf to MAX out and then drop off. So why the crazed desire for more oil when we are on a dead end street? What did they teach you about these situations in your high school economics class?

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Animal]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The bottom line, PlaneIP, is that additional drilling is not going to impact oil/gas prices. Google it. There is a huge concensus from just about every corner. Floating platforms or not it won't make a difference. I honestly believe your minimizing the complexity and an earlier post by someone who actually works in the industry currently underscored my point.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

The oil companies are very SAFE, they don't pollute like everyone wants them too. When Hurricane Katrina came thru the Gulf, not ONE DROP of oil was spilled.

Wow in almost every post just in the first two pages the crap you are spewing has really been quite amazing this one takes the cake, Let me suggest you find new sources of information because this one is plain and simple stupid.

Let me educate you...

MMS Updates Hurricanes Katrina and Rita Damage\

According to the US Minerals Management Service Press Release in 2006

113 platforms totally destroyed, and - more importantly - 457 pipelines damaged, 101 of those major lines with 10" or larger diameter. At least 741,000 gallons were spilled from 124 reported sources (the Coast Guard calls anything over 100,000 gallons a "major" spill). link

741,000 gallons of oil is A LOT more than 'not a drop'. Besides the 114 destroyed platforms and underground pipes think of the costs....

My point? That you are WRONG.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
So far it is down another $5 today.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Fed confirmed the US is slowing down - it means the biggest consumer of oil will be cutting back. Demand is going to drop in the United States so oil will drop much, much further.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by infinite]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Fantastic....I just saw this post....

ALL HAIL THE FUTURE KING OF AMERICA....

GEORGE W. BUSH...

THE GREATEST PRESIDENT OF ALL TIME....

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Oil didn't drop because of what Bush did. Oil dropped because consumption dropped because of the high price. Gas and oil supplies showed a sudden surprise increase that nobody expected. Basic supply-and-demand economics.

New drilling isn't going to do a thing. It would be close to a decade before any of that oil actually hit the market, and even oil industry experts admit that, at best, it would only slow the rising prices when it did hit the market.

Our focus should be alternatives, not new drilling. If, for example, we could develop a genetically modified strain of sugar cane that could grow in most of North America, we could get 8 times as much ethanol per acre as we do with corn. And I've read opinions that we could probably do this in less than 2 years if the government would fund such a research program. And there's other research already going on to try to figure out how we could turn entire plants into ethanol -- which would mean that any plant could be used and, as I understand it, even with corn it would yeild a 30-fold increase in the yeild.

I do think we jumped the gun on ethanol. The current technology to produce corn ethanol isn't very efficient. But it has tremendous potential. We cab already produce a gallon of ethanol cheaper than a gallon of gas.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Solo954

i have family that work in the offshore business and they tell me they could have oil out of the gulf of mexico tomorrow i they wanted to i know of one company that has 8000 wells cap and ready for production if they would just let take it. check out this guy lindsey williams on you tube he explains it all. good day

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
In my humble opinion: Bush tried to push to allow for drilling 7 years ago, but it kept getting shot down.

If they do drill we will have more oil, but we need to minimize our demand for oil to keep the price affordable. Plus, a portion of the profits need to go to a third party for exploring alternative energies.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

OK, i guess shell spilled some oil...

But, i belive that Cheveron-Texaco didn't spill a drop... i can garuentee that...

Oil Dropped further today also...

If oil keeps droping, i guess the news can stop reporting on it.. The news coverage today of the further drop is getting no coverage...

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Anyone knows that there won't be any effect on oil supplies for 10yrs if we started work tomorrow. This is all about speculators abandoning ship.

It is not that simple and can be fixed.

ANWR could be drilling this winter with the oil in the market shortly thereafter. The infrastructure is in place now. Pelosi is indeed the problem.

90% of the land that the Democrats are lying about is tied up in litigation from suits brought by environmental groups who give loads of money to Pelosi and her partners in crime.

The delay with new area's is due to 5 year application processes. Congress, meaning Heir Pelosi, could reduce that to weeks simply by writing the Legislation and allowing a vote. I hope everyone is aware they will not allow a vote to even happen because it will pass by a landslide. Many Democrats are ready to say yes and all of the Republicans. She does not care. She is the worst megalomaniac to hold a seat in a long time. She is bought and paid for.

Nearly 80% of Americans now poll as wanting the drilling to commence now. Pelosi and her comrades could care less what we want. They bow to the alter of the Sierra Club. I can't think of another time in history any Party told a super-majority of Americans to take a hike like Pelosi has just done. She is a Dictator by any stretch of the word. She only represents the San Francisco, ultra Liberals and yet she is dictating to all of us that we may not use our own resources for our own good. Her and her ilk will do far more harm than Bush ever thought of doing.

The real fallacy of the time argument is that every day we wait is a day longer before production starts. Believe it or not we will need oil ten years from now also and not starting now will only make it worse.

Another fantasy is alternative sources. What can be done now would do less good than drilling ANWR right now. It may be many decades before the alternatives are in place. Meanwhile our economy tanks, while the green lunatics line Pelosi's accounts. Everything her and her cronies are doing right now benefits the Middle East and hurts us.

On top of all this crap, I see this morning the green nuts are trying to stop a wind farm in Kansas. That proves they are lying about wanting alternative energy. When are people going to wake up. The Far Left Greenies could give a crap less about the environment. Gotta keep those donations coming in from unsuspecting victims who don't seem to know its just lining their leaders pockets. They will fight just as hard to stop alternative energy as they do to stop oil. Without those donations, how are they going to pay for their world trips and private jets. Gore made a cool hundred million off the carbon credits. He is still flying around in his own jet, burning many times the fuel you or I would ever use.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rook1545
I have pulled some data and found that the US refineries are running at an average of 86%. So if there is drilling done, where will this product go to be refined? You can toss in some with the facilities that are available, but it will not take anywhere near what is projected to be pumped.

Here is the data on refineries.

This is the Real Situation about the Oil Refineries

No new refineries? Here's why

Shell Oil's abrupt cancellation of a huge new refinery in Sarnia, southern Ontario, tells a completely different story. While our members are getting killed at the pump just getting the gas they need to drive to work, the oil industry is swimming in wealth - the greatest financial haul in the history of mankind.

Last year, industry profits totaled more than $155 billion, more than a third of that - over $40 billion in net income - was raked in by ExxonMobil alone.

Oil executives will keep yakking about needing permission to build more refineries if Americans want cheaper gasoline. But when Ontario called Shell's bluff, Shell said "no thanks".

www.oilwatchdog.org...

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClintK

I do think we jumped the gun on ethanol. The current technology to produce corn ethanol isn't very efficient. But it has tremendous potential. We cab already produce a gallon of ethanol cheaper than a gallon of gas.

People will die this year due to food crops being replaced by ethanol crops. Either that or the UN and all the news reports are wrong. You would rather stop producing food than drill? Drilling won't kill anyone and it will help our economy. We can't have it both ways you know.

You also failed to mention how inefficient ethanol is and that it takes far more than a gallon to equal a gallon of gas. So even though it costs slightly less it actually costs more to use.

Natural Gas vehicles are very efficient and cheap to run. You can put a filling station in your own driveway. They have done it for decades in Rock Springs, Wyoming. There are two huge gas fields in the US now tied up in lawsuits, so they can't be drilled. The cleanest fuel we know that is ready to be put in use now. We have plenty and the Environmentalists are against it why???????????????? Pelosi is against it why???????????? Only their bankers know for sure

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Animal

OK, i guess shell spilled some oil...

But, i belive that Cheveron-Texaco didn't spill a drop... i can garuentee that...

First off it is not SOME oil it is 3/4 of a million barrels of oil, that is a lot.

Secondly, how can you 'guarantee' Chevron-Texaco did not spill a drop?

According to the MMS Chevron had 14 platforms destroyed by Katrina and Rita as well as 8 pipelines. I would assume with damage like that some oil was spilled.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
What bush is actually trying to say is.....Start Drilling for Oil in Sudan

Bush with Minnawi, the Sudan Liberation Army leader

The Sudan Civil War

Sudan was a garbage dump that no one cared about until oil was discovered in 1978, then suddenly Zionists had a cause. They backed a Marxist rebel who pitted the black farmers in the south against the Arab Khartoum in the north. Between 1983 and the 2005 peace agreement, Sudan's civil war took nearly two million lives, and six million more displaced.

Suddenly it has become the 'Cause D Celeb' of the New York/Hollywood crowd, another Apartheid, and they decide to start a massive media campaign.

judicial-inc.biz...

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Animal,
Those off shore rigs where shut down two weeks before the storm hit them. The damage to those rigs was structural only. The wells themselves where capped during the storm. No oil was lost from those rigs. The pipelines lost the oil that was in them. They cannot be pumped out till empty. Its wasn't near the amount you are telling us. It was MUCH less.

Zindo

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
As soon as Congress OKs drilling, if they do, oil prices will rise again. It's just another scam to put more money into Oil Barons' pockets. I think I read somewhere that these companies already have leases for almost 68 million acres of land to drill on, and not a drop of oil has been tapped from those leases because they haven't started drilling on them yet. But they got the contracts and the leases, so that puts money in their pockets.
It should be more than obvious to anyone in this country now that nothing these politicians do is for the benefit of the citizens here. That should be painfully obvious now.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Good job president Bush!
The timing is perfect.
Gas is over $4 a gallon.
Relosi and Reed don't have a leg to stand on.
President Bush is checkmating the libs all the time.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join