It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Shuttle Challenger blew up WHEN???

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curious_Agnostic
1986 sounds about right to me. I was born in 1980 and I remember it happening sometime around when I was in kindergarten or first grade.

Me too

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
January 28th, 1986. Period, guys, I know this for a fact..without going into detail, my cousin was onboard..a cousin I didn't meet until 1985, so 1983 is out of the question, because, he was alive when I met him, believe me

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I too thought it happened earlier than it did. I dismissed it, till I stumbled upon this thread.
not sure what to think?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

I was in the 9th grade when this happened, in 1986

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
here's an interesting idea! Lets go with the time line theory here. That time is river and each choice we make splits it into smaller rivers, all moving in the same direction. maybe even in the same space. Now imagine that there were multiple timelines differentiated only by a single person memories. In other words each choice we make splits the time river but some choices are larger than others. In one timeline "You" are differentiated by the current "You" only by the difference of a few memories. Is it possible that if the difference between timelines is SO small that small errors can occur between them. Like a shuffling of identities. Maybe the "You" are not the same "You" that wa meant to be in THIS timeline and the one "You" that is is now in the other timeline. Switching places. So in that timeline the shuttle accident happened in 83 or 89, but in this one it happened in 86. Hmmm...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well this is really freaky. I specifically remember being at Central Junior High School and watching it in the school cafeteria.

The freaky part is I graduated from junior high in 78.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

Someone needs to update the guys list from earlier in the thread listing peoples recollection years.

Also: It's been 8 years since some of us participated in this thread, it still happened in 1983 for me So I never "slid" back. Also: someone mentioned Fidel Castro, it's hard to explain but he's noth alive and dead in my head. I remember him dying but I saw a pic and article about him like last year so he "must" still be alive. it makes my brain hurt....
edit on 11-2-2014 by Zenagain because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2014 by Zenagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I know this thread is quite a few years old, but since it has been bumped up, I would like to add my two cents.

I remember this happening in 1989 as well. I remember it vividly, as I was in third grade. It was a special day, as we were getting to watch the rocket launch instead of learning our multiplication tables. I was excited as we were learning the 7s table, and it was giving me fits.

We watched it take off, and shortly afterwards it exploded. At the time I wondered why explosion left behind such weird clouds.

A week later our Weekly Reader arrived, and the whole thing was dedicated to the explosion. I wish I still had it, as they were dated.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by tebyen

Was my point in bumping as I'm sure ATS has many new members since however long ago we participated in this thread and from my personal standpoint is is THE proof of something supernatural/otherwordly etc to me. Long before I ran across this thread I recognized the difference between "this" world's Challenger disaster and my own. Seeing this thread just proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that alternate worldlines exist and I'm not the only one somehow sitting in the wrong one....
edit on 14-2-2014 by Zenagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
It was definitely 1986. I remember it well and I remember 1986 very well. It was a memorable year for me.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I remember I was sad about the teacher on board.

I can't remember where I was when this happened or when Kennedy died, or when Morgan Freeman died.
edit on 14-2-2014 by imd12c4funn because: right a wrong post

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

imd12c4funn

I can't remember where I was when this happened

I was at my grandmother's house. I can't remember why but I was out of school that day and was watching TV with my grandmother. And of course, they interrupted what we were watching. My grandmother (being old and experienced) knew right away something was wrong before they said anything. I can remember exactly what she said "Uh oh! Something has happened!"

When I was back to school, my teacher was very into the story and he took time out to read the latest news to us every day for several weeks. It was my 5th Grade year. It was one of my better memories of my school years and of a teacher actually being someone I admired. He wasn't my favorite teacher ever and in fact I have some bad memories of him too but I guess the teacher thing was something that got them more emotionally involved. Naturally.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Curious_Agnostic
1986 sounds about right to me. I was born in 1980 and I remember it happening sometime around when I was in kindergarten or first grade.

Ditto. I was born in '76, and I was home that day for 1/2 that day from school because of a dentist appointment. I watched it in our living room, sitting on the floor in front of that big ol' T.V., and 1986 seems about right. For the OP, you may have it mixed up with something, but I wouldn't rule out a "time slip" incident either.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
It was 1986, that darn thing never did look safe, worlds largest firecracker.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join