It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Shuttle Challenger blew up WHEN???

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enigma Publius
the year 1980 does come up a lot. Now, that was the year i was born, is this relevant

Irrelevant, I'm old, and I remember things different as well, so does the wife.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
Wow, dude.... this is getting too common to just be some sort of coincidence of crazy people.

I remember Ozzy Osbourne died when I was in Rehab back in 2003 (only because I was arrested for weed 3 times in a row at school).

I thought he was dead until I got out of rehab.

He's not dead?
What the...?!

I thought Ozzy passed away too.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit
reply to post by Enigma Publius
That's the first I've heard of remembering two lines. Interesting!
Which sparked a new ponder in me .......... the next time someone that has both posted in this thread and experienced these line differences, and they remember this thread to come back and check it, what would it then be?

Example:
I remember, wholly, Billy Graham dying.
But he is in fact alive.
If the line changes later, and I then remember him as being alive, but in that next line he DID in fact die, would this very post still be here reflecting that I previously swore he was dead? Or would it then reflect that I remember him as being alive, when he would in fact be dead.

That one is for Neon Haze for throwing out the bit about the rapture and making me say "whoa!!", lolol.

Yes, that is weird to think about, for me personally, i cannot put my finger on it but something about my reply seems different, i may be going in circles, but it sure is strange. I like this thread.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze

Originally posted by kneebiter42
Well I'm interested now! Please tell.

This may sound very ethereal but there is math to back my theory up. I assure you.

The universe as you know it is one potential out of literally an infinite number of other potential realities.

The so called flow of time is not what most think and relate to. The concept of time as we have come to know it is an illusion.

Let me quantify...

If there are an infinite number of potential outcomes then each potential exist at the same point.

So there is for example a reality where the challenger accident occurred in 1983 and others where it occurred in 1986.

Movement from one potential to another is what we have become accustomed to think of as time.

But what happens when we die?? The potential for our existence reaches zero within this Reality but what about all the other potential realities??

What I am getting at is that when you cease to be in one reality you don't know it but your consciousness just goes on in a different reality...

We are eternal..

So...

Been in a car crash and came out of it without hardly a scratch?

Slipped while rock climbing but managed to hold on somehow??

Your consciousness moves into the nearest reality that has the potential for your existence at higher than zero...

So we remember the challenger accident as 1986... Jean Michelle-Jarre missed his Jazz peace......

But...

Somewhere between 1983 and now the OP actually shifted potential realities... They died..

Does any of that make any sense to anyone??

Power to the People!!

NeoN HaZe

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Neon Haze]

lot's to think about, but if u could clrify on the math to back it up it would be better. Intresting though u mention death, i would not have been born if my brother had not died, he died in 79 and i was born in 80, i was dubbed "Miracle Baby" by the local papers becaus i was born from a reverse vasectomy,, my parents had two kids already and didn't want anymore, then their son died, and they decided to try again. also, I have totaled 8 cars (not drinking or anything, i'm just a horrible driver) and never got hurt once, besides scratches. It's very improbable, all my existance seems inprobale to me when i think about it.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
this topic became fascinating once quantum mechanics were mentioned.. the possibilities are mind blowing.. i think this is something worth pursuing..

someone should start an online survey of tragic and memorable events and see the dates people list - and whether they can be proven with logic such as "it must have happened such year because i was" etc

if people can be so certain of different dates with this event, there could be others?

If this was true, it would bring sense to the contactees/hoaxers whatever you wanna call them which claim aliens have no concept of time like us..

[edit on 18-8-2008 by FlySwat]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
another strange split, has nothing to do with famous people, just personal experience. I was sittin in the passenger seat of my best friends car when a white pickup lost control and crossed the lane and was about to impact the left front tire area of the car, we were both making a general sound of negation, not quite a scream because we didn't have enough time.....i remember us both just going "Nnnnnnnnnn-" then the truck was in the rearview and my hands became almost transparent looking, fake. It leveled out and i asked him what the hell that was all about-He had no idea what i was talking about! UNTIL 3 days later, he was riding by himself on a different road, but a white truck crossed the lane and hurt him badly, but he lived. What's interesting about this is that he clearly remembers looking into the passenger seat immeadiately after the wreck, asking me if i was okay...i wasn't there of course. so we each have a different memory, but it melts into a definate one at some point that we can't identify, because we each remember something different. so ihave lived through a split that never resolved itself, and one that did...i wonder if the other must catch up eventually to resolve itself...

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
Wow, dude.... this is getting too common to just be some sort of coincidence of crazy people.

I remember Ozzy Osbourne died when I was in Rehab back in 2003 (only because I was arrested for weed 3 times in a row at school).

I thought he was dead until I got out of rehab.

He's not dead?
What the...?!

I thought Ozzy passed away too.

- Lee

He almost died from a quad bike accident, could this be it?
snip]

Thanks.

Mod Edit: Please see Terms and Conditions of Use section 1 e.) Recruitment/Solicitation. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 18/8/08 by JAK]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Damn thats a shame.. I had made a survey looking for correlations between the date people think it happened, and how old they were at the time as well as some other questions.. but it seems like it is against the rules so I apologize.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlySwat
I had made a survey looking for correlations between the date people think it happened, and how old they were at the time as well as some other questions

I can't see that in 1e, unless it had something to do with "some other questions?

I'm definately interested in just the date correlation part!
That does, after all, pertain explicitly to this thread, and not against 1e.

I have been thinking of doing something myself of just that, but I just can't seem to get that far, lol.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
the questions basically were:
what year do you think it happened
if you don't think it was 1986 - when did it become apparent that 1986 was the reported date
what were you doing at the time to confirm your memory of the date
and how old were you at the time

Anyway I won't go on I feel like i'm testing the patience of the moderators if its not allowed - so i'll shut up

i had made a separate thread for it, maybe it seemed like i had an agenda to get info from people.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySwat

Well, to be technical, which I would think on a board this size one must be, the "how old were you" would be seen as personal information.

Ask the mod that edited it if just the date part of the instance would be ok, chances are it would be

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlySwat
the questions basically were:
what year do you think it happened
if you don't think it was 1986 - when did it become apparent that 1986 was the reported date
what were you doing at the time to confirm your memory of the date
and how old were you at the time

Anyway I won't go on I feel like i'm testing the patience of the moderators if its not allowed - so i'll shut up

i don't see anything but good related material from those questions: i'll go first.
1.i know it happened in '86...i think it happened in 89.
2.It was never apparent until someone else brought it up, if either year was "planted" it was the '86 one. i always remembered it being '89 until this post, then it blends together with the other. they both seem true.
3.in my '86 memory i was in the first grade watching it on t.v.
in my '89 memory i brought it up after it happened earlier that year in a book report. I remember it being very recent. i was only 5 when it happened in '86, and i was 8 when it happened in '89.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This thread is nutty, but I'm glad it's here.

I was born in '72, and I remember this happening around (can't quite remember if it was the year I was looking forwards to, or the year I was getting towards the end of) first year at comprehensive school, which would have been when I was around 11.

So, 1983ish. Weird.

Thing is, I've had similar conversations with various friends about this kind of thing, and it always seems to be my memory which is full of holes.

Damn you, resurgence of '___' in the '80s! :p

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Overlapping Time Lines

Expect more in the next few years... Won't do to keep notes because the notes will change with the time line

Only your sub conscious registers it as "I could have sworn it was..." because part of us exists outside of time...

Then our conscious "rational" mind says "Nah I must be going crazy..." and those around us help us to think "We must be going crazy..."

But more and more people are saying "What the..???"

Interesting times ahead... don't let them tell you you are crazy...

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I like how this explains how anyone manages to survive to adulthood. I should have died many times.

Do you have a way to fit birth into this scenario?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

Not in the sense of changing time lines... just that your soul picks the point of entry

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
I like how this explains how anyone manages to survive to adulthood. I should have died many times.

Do you have a way to fit birth into this scenario?

i can sort of fit birth into mine. the idea of parralel universes say that while my father had a vasectomy in this timeline and i would never had been born without him having it reversed as a direct result of my brother drowning, in ANOTHER universe he never had the vasectomy and my brother and i know eachother and i was born sooner, and thus would have experienced the challenger scenario in a different year! amazing! i was so close to realizing this, i almost said it the exact same way, but now it all clicked together! thank you SO much Cyberian!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Neon Haze

PLEASE forgive the delay in this. I found this thread very late and hadn't intended on doing more than reading, but I nearly wet myself when I read this explaination. I've had a couple incidences - the first one I noticed less than 10 minutes after being in a near miss - I avoided what would have certainly been a fatal wreck by INCHES. I totally brushed that one off, thinking I was too shaken up, but this makes way too much sense.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Are there any people in the world that study the affects of timelines? Something like "timeline scientist" or a "timeline secret group of people"? Just wondering.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I thought the other members would give some kind of Information about my other post.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join