It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Ignores Ron Paul March For Liberty

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

" Did you ever read the newsletters he put his name on? Ron Paul was like a rock star. He had some groupies, mostly kids and radicals who could not even see what they did to his chances by their behavior "

I'm sorry but you seem to be missing something quite obvious here, like that claim is completely INCONSISTENT with his known behavior and or comments.

What you just described, sounds exactly like a cointel operation...EXACTLY!!!!!

Perhaps you should read up on that program, which supposedly no longer exists...

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

if the founders, practiced ritual child murder

The founders wrote all should be equal with liberty and justice for all let allowed women to be lesser than men and allowed the enslavement of human beings. The founders are a good example of the hypocrite platform Paul supports.

I don't think you are old enough to yet appreciate this yet...why not ask grandma and grandpa

This is why I dislike Paul supporters so, because I disagree and have a different stance than you (a stance that many older people and politicians have) I must be immature. You all have trouble tackling issues so instead you tear others down personally for not regarding Paul with the same ill-mannered veneration you do. By the way my grandparents think Paul is a joke, another politician who caters to a certain fanatic group in order to cement himself a place in politics. They do not agree with his policies, and unlike me they do not like him as an individual. I often think they confuse his uncouth supports like you with the man himself, as do many.

I'd sure like to know what else you disagree with ron paul about

Why bother when you shoot down anything I say that is not aligned with your own belief system. I disagree with at least 80% of Paul’s policies. Therefore I will not support or vote for him, simple.

If you are an American that cares at all about politics, then you know who Ron Paul is.... BlasteR

I have known about Paul for years, I simply do not support him. I think he is likable, most of his supporters are not and neither are his policies.

If i may ask who are you voting for, while i wait i shall prepare my laugh.. aLinkToThePast

This is the last time I will respond to either of you. Why would I tell you whom I support when you already make a joke of my opinion because I am not aligned with Paul and his failed human rights assessments? For someone who appears to support his take on freedom you are awfully dismissive of others rights. I don’t care if supporters think the policies I support are wrong or misguided or politically correctly driven. I can think the same thing about what you support, and often do. I’m through with discussing a useless topic, you will not change my mind and I have not attempted to change yours.

-Cheers

[edit on 18-7-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Hey everyone, i'm a long time reader and first time poster, and just thought I would put in my two cents!
You're absolutely right though Midnight. I hate to see people talking smack about Ron Paul when he is a modern day saint. Ok maybe that is a slight exaggeration...but only a slight one mind you. I am a Canadian citizen...so alot of people may think that I don't have a say in U.S. politics....but I tend to follow it more closely than even Canadian politics. I love America...or should I say I love America for what it should be, what it once was...and not what it has become. There are times when I even wish that I could be an American citizen just so I can vote! It is very easy for me to see how much some people here love their country, and I can definitely understand why. I have always admired how strong and patriotic U.S. citizens can be. In a way though, its patriotism that has helped their crooked agenda to a degree. People who love their country will not be as quick to question their leaders...many just assume they are doing the right thing. (We all know what assuming things does lol)

From what I have read, and watched....Ron Paul would be an amazing choice for presidency. I certainly believe that he would make changes that would help improve and reinforce the economy, and renew peoples faith in the land of the free and home of the braves! \m/ I think it's terrible how the media ignores and/or demonizes him. Makes him look like a fool when he is one of the few that care about these united states and all who call it home. It just solidifies my believe that the current administration is corrupt, perhaps even moreso than we even know?

I realize there is oftentimes alot of rivalry between Canada and US....but I love america...and it brings a tear to my eye when I think about all the brave men and women are fighting for...for what? Only to line the pockets of Oil Tycoons and other corporate interests.

Ron Paul was not successful in his campaign for presidency thanks to other politicians and the MSM...but I think in another way he was very successful in helping some people realize certain things about the current "regime" and I believe he has also done very well in getting alot of younger people into politics. That, in a way is more important if he can impart his wisdom and knowledge to a younger generation, that just might take his place in years to come. I believe he will go down in history as one of our greatest heroes, if only people remember and discuss his important messages.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

obviously you know nothing , of the bilderberg group, and the members of the trilateral commission. The only 2 probable candidates who will win the election are Mccain and Obama. Read up a little about them.. you'll see what im talking about. I just wanted to see which one of these nwo puppets you supported, and you denounce Ron Paul for his pro life policy... pathetic.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strongheart
You're absolutely right though Midnight. I hate to see people talking smack about Ron Paul when he is a modern day saint. Ok maybe that is a slight exaggeration...but only a slight one mind you.

Yeah, I'd call it an exaggeration too...But if compared to Satan's lesser demons running hogwild in the Halls of Government, Dr. Paul's "sainthood" wouldn't be much of an exaggeration.

Granted, I don't agree with all of his opinions either...For example, his Pro-Life stance, as mentioned here recently. As he's been a practicing doctor for a looong time, I can understand his position. However, even though I agree that life should be held sancrosect, a woman must still have the domain of decision over her own body...That's why I choose Pro-Choice (Even while at the same time, too many people wrongly equate "pro-choice" with "pro-abortion").

Even so, since such a choice must be reserved for the woman who is most affected by such a choice, I also believe that this is not an issue for the government to decide in any way, shape or form. From what I know of the Laws of Nature, any species that overpopulates the environment will be dealt with according to those same Laws. So what's going to happen to the human race if we allow the government to outlaw all choices for the human race to try to stabilize its population? Therefore, by the Laws of Nature the woman must be allowed to choose, not the government.

I'd like to believe that, if discussed in this manner with Ron Paul & considering how Pro-Constitution he really is, he'd see things the same way...in that it's not for the government to decide, regardless of his own opinion. Admittedly, I've never heard of anyone discussing it with him in this way...Any reply of his (in interviews) that I've ever heard about, no one has actually asked him specifically whether or not he thought that his Pro-Life stance was ever intended to be decided by the government.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

" you will not change my mind and I have not attempted to change yours. "

awwww.....SEE that..?!?!

We CAN agree on something..

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightDStroyer

" I can understand his position. However, even though I agree that life should be held sancrosect, a woman must still have the domain of decision over her own body "

the infant, is not her body, it is another human being, carried by her body.

not meaning to drift this off topic, u can u2u.

anyways, ron pauls name has been smeared and omitted by the corporate whores, who not only choose who we will vote for

but frame the arguments/talking points for us, not to mention everything else they do.

It saddens me to see these kids who have the hook, line and sinker that the enemy fed to them,

deep deep deep in their mouths and they'll recite their mantra, oblivious to the aforementioned hook,line and

sinker still in tact, for everyone who has figgerd things out to see, and there's nothing we can say

to get them to escape the rabbit hole [ they don't even know they're in ] to reconsider and take another look ...

if you see what I'm sayin'....

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightDStroyer

I agree and I find it sad that other Paul supports I disagree with simply paint me as ill-informed or brain washed. A true mature discussion needs no personal put downs or attacks, and allows others to form different view points with out cop-out arguments that make everyone who does not agree with you stupid or the bad guy.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
well no matter how good he appears, and I'd vote for him btw, he's still a Freemason...

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

you really should start questioning everything you hear.. unless you just support the suffering of humanity in one way or other, because Ron Paul is CERTAINLY the ONLY candidate that does not! don't worry about how "crazy" his followers are - all true humans know that we're a very emotional species, and should be free to act that way, hence "freedom". stop judging, stop being materialistic, and start loving!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Every one seems to be missing the BIG picture here! It dosen't matter if Ron Paul is pro life or not,what matters is he is pro- choice! He says it should be left up to each state to decide these and other matters,"like" in less government and interfearence in the personal lives and choices! All he did was give his opinon,for crying out loud he's an OBGYN.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

Where did I say I supported ANY candidate?

stop being materialistic, and start loving

How am I being materialistic simply for not supporting your favored candidate? You Paul supporters need to take a step off that pedestal before you risk continuing to scare those who may consider him.

I love plenty. I'm surrounded by people that strive to help humanity as a whole and simply unfortunate individuals on a daily basis with out seeking any gain for themselves for these acts. I've been feel'in the love for years. Don't assume you know anything about a person because of who they don't support.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by beammeup

beammeup Paul says he wants to leave these matters to the states so he does not have to deal with them, but he personally supports pro-life positions and I fear will support bills banning abortion such as he as supported not-so constitutional bills in the past. Don't get me started on the Defense Against Marriage Act he was all for...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I find it a bit hypocritical to be offended by some ones opinon when they seem to differ from yours;esp. when you seem to be crying out to others when they do not agree w/you! I do not believe he is passing the buck to the states to decide because he dosen't want to; rather it is because it isn't the job of the government to be our NANNY! FYI: I am pro-choice.I do not believe in abortion being abused as a form of birth control but do believe that a women should have the choice and to do so w/out harrassment,and in a medically safe enviroment.As for the "other" wonderful choices we have,well it all really dosen't matter to a hill of beans,the decision has already been made by the powers that be.BTW,the rally in DC. wasn't for Ron Paul,it was for what he stands for and taking the torch and to continue to restore our constitution.Anyone not supporting the costitution needs to find a new home.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I find it a bit hypocritical to be offended by some ones opinon when they seem to differ from yours

Can you show me where I showed right out offense to an opinion, other than when I was being attacked for mine?

when you seem to be crying out to others when they do not agree w/you!

I never cried, I stated I wouldn't vote for Paul, someone asked why, I told them and the continued to mock my position simply because I disagreed.

I do not believe

You don't have to.

Paul,it was for what he stands

I don't believe in many things Paul stands for, that is what this whole discussion turned into because someone asked. Instead of being upset with my answer but moving on they didn't seek to counter my opinion, just to tell me I was completely wrong and throw personal attacks my way.

Anyone not supporting the costitution needs to find a new home

I support the constitution, as does Paul, which is why I'm certain he would agree with my right to disagree with him and form my own opinions on many issues involving him.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Well you may just have to forgive me;or not lol,I just don't get you! I really don't care one way or the other what you think except that you really don't do anything to really support you view.I think you would do well as a reporter,it seems "spin" is your thing.I can also read between the lines and for manny people there will never be a canadate worthy.I don't agree w/everything RP has to say,but I am not looking for a pipe dream eather. I am Sorry if you feel offended,l just love a good debate and it seems I am not able to with you since you are not willing and seem to have nothing but hot air to blow.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

one cannot have a good debate, if one is only full of new age nonsense, and have yet to discover,

the deception that they think is true.

that young lady is deep in the rabbit hole and don't even know it. she can't come out of a place she doesn't even know she is in! if you follow my thinking here...

she'll have to go thru all the twists and turns and detours that are built in, before she'll finally leave, if ever.

it'll have to be on her terms, not ours.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

nothing but hot air to blow

Because I do not wish to vote for Paul and have told you why that concludes that I have no argument? How so?

You think I should write an essay on every reason why Paul, in my opinion, is not worthy of my support?

If you want to have a debate about why people shouldn’t vote for Paul then you missed the point, that wasn’t what I was referring to. I simply stated why I do not wish to vote for him and no one seems to have trouble comprehending and being okay with my reasoning other than Paul supporters. I’m sorry if my free will bothers you, and if you can not answer my post as a whole. I asked you to show me where I did the things you claimed; seems like you are the one who can not hold up their end of a debate.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I couldn't agree with you any more "Toasted" I can only hope that she may one day challenge her granparent's belief system as it clearly isn't her own.It took me years to connect the dots.Sadly we don't have years to wake people up.So I do what I can and hope I can at least put a chink in their armor.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

her granparent's belief system

Not going to answer my other post?

Where did I say my grandparents belief system is my own, I even stated in my post I disagreed with them.

I do find it amusing that a poster told me to ask my grandparents about such things, people who have lived through decades of war and politics, and they dislike Pauls so. I guess their wise opinions must be completely invalid as well simply because they are not Paul supporters?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join