It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Ignores Ron Paul March For Liberty

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

I agree... there was a lack of newsworthy purpose to the march.

Although, a march about Ron Paul not getting media coverage, and it gets no media coverage.. is about the most Ironic thing I have read in a while! lol...

No, seriously, it was a dumb march. All the topics before him ... he should have marched for economic reform .. media would have been all over it.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I agree... there was a lack of newsworthy purpose to the march.

Although, a march about Ron Paul not getting media coverage, and it gets no media coverage.. is about the most Ironic thing I have read in a while! lol...

No, seriously, it was a dumb march. All the topics before him ... he should have marched for economic reform .. media would have been all over it.

I think Ive proven in my earlier posts with several stories that way less newsworthy rallies made the news. Some rallies that only had a few dozen people. The fact is he did march for economic reform. Also government reform & foreign policy reform. These other tools dont want reform. Paul wants the 16th Amendment out of here. He wants the FED gone. Dont listen to light you can throw all the proof at tis guy in the world he never checks the links or looks at the videos posted he just wants to argue and after awhile it gets annoying.

The fact is this was newsworthy even if it was a back of the newspaper news story it was still newsworthy at least somewhere. Wont happen though. Ill even be surprised if the Ron Paul rally in MN gets any news also.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
This is why I asked before this happened. What does he hope to accomplish? It's a great thing that these people got together and sang songs and got inspired, but then what?

It's frustrating to me because I love Ron Paul and think we need his ideas and would LOVE to have him as the next president, but things like this make me wonder if he really is a great LEADER.

There should have been something happening to make this a "media event".

Sadly, people spent their time and gas money to get there and I'm not sure what for. They are already going to vote for him... Anything that was said at this event could have been said on the Internet. Unless the message gets OUT, it's really a wash.

That's how I see it anyway.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Revolution does not occur through spoken word. Those are the dreams of the ignorant.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Revolution does not occur through spoken word. Those are the dreams of the ignorant.

Well not the kind of revolution we need no. Smaller ones like the civil rights movement didnt need it but we are talking about money now. The people who control that money Im sure wont want to give it up easy. We need an armed revolution no doubt. It will probably never happen though.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Please stay on topic.

No snipping at other members, reminding them of the ignore button, calling names, etc.

Thank You.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
See, this would be the perfect thing for the news to broadcast. It's easy to record, has to do with current events, plenty of great captions of speeches made you could use...

It's a no brainer. Any media company that is free to do so, jumps at the opportunity to report about marches and protests, it makes them money!

Which forms a clear indicator...

... the media is under absolute supervision now. There is no free press.

How did they manage to get the noose on the media so soon?

I mean, other countries managed to do the same in their transition to fascism. But they did it out in the open. Physically took over printing presses etc.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Our corporate ruled media do not gave the march any time because is not good fot the big fat rats in Washington to show that American can become dissenters, that is not good for the corporate run elections.

They can not have Americans turning insurgents right now, too dangerous for their agenda.

This is why the media needs to be controlled, can you imagine if people starts to see others raising up against our own government?

No, that can never be allowed.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I think one of Ron Paul's big problems, was the people he had in charge of running his campaign. He gained millions of dollars. He could have made commercials that appeared on TV for more people to at least hear about him.

He should have had better planners. Sounds like YOU would have done a much better job of getting him seen, than whatever idiot he had in charge. His campaign disappointed me, even though I truly feel he was America's only hope.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
"The Media" is a business. Any business with competent management is going to try to appeal to the largest group of customers possible. Media picks its stories based on the size of audience it appeals too.

Had this happened on a slow news day, it would have gotten coverage. All this means is that there were others things happening of interest to more people, so it got sent to the back of the line, so to speak.

Ron Paul's chances of getting attention were pretty much destroyed when the 9/11 Truthers attached themselves to him. He kept trying to get the message out he was not connected, nor did he believe what they believe, but the 9/11 Truthers kept pretending he was involved with them. They guaranteed his failure. If there was a true conspiracy against Mr. Paul, that was it. Blame them.

You combine his involvement with those old patently racist newsletters with his name on them, the 9/11 Truthers sullying his reputation and his lack of skill at public speaking and debate; it's not hard to understand why he got so little attention.

He would have never had a chance running against Obama considering his name was all over those newsletters, so it does not much matter. Even if he could get people to buy the fact he signed off on newsletters he did not read, he would look most incompetent for allowing it to happen.

To me, he seemed to be brilliant about economics, but brought nothing else to the table. His following was tiny and after all those years in the Beltway he never became a power in Congress. Not the resume' of a President of the most powerful nation on Earth, I'm afraid.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Perhaps but I think the media decided that Angelina Jolie twin babies were more appealing to the American viewer.

Even up to today she and her two twins are making the news.

Wait Miss America contest got the center news, yes, with the one participant that fell on her butt.

Yes those are great news and by god they need to be covered and the public aware of them.

How dare Miss America pageant have a participant fall on her butt, that is outrageous.

The media in America is full of BS just like the people that controlled it.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

We decide what they show us. It is our fault the media is what it is. Viewers means ad dollars and it's as simple as that.

Of course a Beauty Queen falling on her butt is pretty newsworthy

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
"The Media" is a business. Any business with competent management is going to try to appeal to the largest group of customers possible. Media picks its stories based on the size of audience it appeals too.

Had this happened on a slow news day, it would have gotten coverage. All this means is that there were others things happening of interest to more people, so it got sent to the back of the line, so to speak.

Ron Paul's chances of getting attention were pretty much destroyed when the 9/11 Truthers attached themselves to him. He kept trying to get the message out he was not connected, nor did he believe what they believe, but the 9/11 Truthers kept pretending he was involved with them. They guaranteed his failure. If there was a true conspiracy against Mr. Paul, that was it. Blame them.

You combine his involvement with those old patently racist newsletters with his name on them, the 9/11 Truthers sullying his reputation and his lack of skill at public speaking and debate; it's not hard to understand why he got so little attention.

He would have never had a chance running against Obama considering his name was all over those newsletters, so it does not much matter. Even if he could get people to buy the fact he signed off on newsletters he did not read, he would look most incompetent for allowing it to happen.

To me, he seemed to be brilliant about economics, but brought nothing else to the table. His following was tiny and after all those years in the Beltway he never became a power in Congress. Not the resume' of a President of the most powerful nation on Earth, I'm afraid.

The media is entertainment now is the word you should use. It shouldnt be though. The news should report the news plain and simple as this. As far as being pushed to the back the story wasnt even pushed to the back it was not shown at all. It wasnt even on the bus.

The big stories were Angelinas babies, Madonna and A-Rod, and some other bull crap story that pasted the front pages. So the slow news day excuse does not apply. I showed plenty of much smaller rallies on page one that made the news where only 12 to 20 people did the rally.

The 9/11 truthers Ok maybe they didnt help him but think of all the corrupt institutions attached to the other candidates. Im sorry the 9/11 truthers are trying to prevent wars while these other scum like AIPAC or whatever the hell it is is trying to start wars.

Ron Paul brought nothing to the table be good economics? How about freedom? How about the government not getting in your daily lives and telling you how to live and eat. How about getting rid of the taxes that the government uses for all their pet projects. Im sorry if freedom isnt much to bring to the table in your opinion then I dont know what to say.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

You are looking for a whipping post and I'm the wrong one. I don't like any of the candidates. We had no choices this go around.

The Truthers bring it on themselves with childish antics and behavior. Children get treated like children in this world no matter how old they are. Disrupting other peoples events and stomping all over other peoples rights is not protest. It's a temper tantrum and their parents should have raised them better. No meaningful change ever evolved from that behavior and yes, it did hurt Paul badly. People like Jones knew they were destroying Paul and they don't give a crap as long as they got attention.

As to Paul, how was he qualified? Did you ever read the newsletters he put his name on? Ron Paul was like a rock star. He had some groupies, mostly kids and radicals who could not even see what they did to his chances by their behavior. Nor did they realize that he really did not ever exhibit any leadership abilities. He was an Internet flash in the pan.

He is probably a good man and clearly knows lots about economics but you have to be a Superstar to be President of the United States. You also have to have the attention of the mainstream as the radicals have no real power unless they can buy it through campaign donations to the extreme far-left of the Party he did not even belong too.

If you think he ever thought he could win, I've got a bridge to sell you. These guys run for other reasons altogether. Power, money, fame and a career after politics. They are good for the system, so I have nothing against it, but to think they can win is foolhardy at best. Someday the real deal will come along, but not this election cycle.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Hmm... There is going to be a revolution and Dr. Paul will probably be the leader. I support peace, I hope that when the revolution happens nobody gets hurt. Violence nevers solves problems, it only makes them worse, but then agian, how do you peacfully over throw a government?

I love Dr. Paul, he is an inspiration to thousands obviously. This is further proof of the anti-Paul conspiracy the media is a part of.

-Jimmy

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

You know it was funny, I was doing my morning cardio at my local base gym, they love to play FOX news I guess because of government sponsorship (just joking), the Fox channel kept playing the poor girl falling on her butt over and over again, incredible.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

The Truthers bring it on themselves with childish antics and behavior. Children get treated like children in this world no matter how old they are. Disrupting other peoples events and stomping all over other peoples rights is not protest. It's a temper tantrum and their parents should have raised them better. No meaningful change ever evolved from that behavior and yes, it did hurt Paul badly. People like Jones knew they were destroying Paul and they don't give a crap as long as they got attention.

The behavior you mention reminds me a lot of how people were acting when they were protesting Vietnam. I could be mistaken, but I think that led to that war ending.

You say this is childish behavior, but then I ask you, what would you suggest doing? The media is obviously a business, and they don't won't to report what truthers have to say. So what, they should just politely be quite. The only way for truthers to get their message out is by protesting events and assembling in public. You have a problem with disrupting events, so I am assuming you are saying they should just hold there own events. But without media exposure, no one that doesn't already know the truthers opinion would hear about it.

The problem with just speaking in public is threefold. First, people get arrested and harrassed anyway. Second, the government has started placing "free speech zones" that are usually located where no one can here you. And third is the fact that there is no media coverage so again people not already interested wouldn't hear the message.

You say that parents should have taught these kids respect, I say parents shouldn't have let the media become an entertainment business.

Also, I can't quite remember where I heard this, but I seem to recall reading about a bunch of childish people that held a protest by dressing up like Indians and dumping tea. Obviously, these peoples parents should have taught them better.

As to Paul, how was he qualified? Did you ever read the newsletters he put his name on? Ron Paul was like a rock star. He had some groupies, mostly kids and radicals who could not even see what they did to his chances by their behavior. Nor did they realize that he really did not ever exhibit any leadership abilities. He was an Internet flash in the pan.

He is probably a good man and clearly knows lots about economics but you have to be a Superstar to be President of the United States. You also have to have the attention of the mainstream as the radicals have no real power unless they can buy it through campaign donations to the extreme far-left of the Party he did not even belong too.

So you prove my point. Only mainstream people have a chance to win, hence if the mainstream media refuses to listen to you, you have to try something else. Was the efforts of his supporters effective, maybe, maybe not. The fact that he is not going to win could be because of his supporters, or because the media refused to cover him whatsoever. They weren't not covering him because of his supporters, they were doing so because his ideas were not in the best interests of their business.

If you truly believe with what you posted here, you would have to admit that there is a serious problem with how are leaders are picked, and you should also not blame people for their efforts to overcome it.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grambler

The behavior you mention reminds me a lot of how people were acting when they were protesting Vietnam. I could be mistaken, but I think that led to that war ending.

I was one of them myself. Been there, done that. Then I grew up.

The right way is to learn to use the system. You can't beat it. Learn to use it and you can make change. I'm not an Obama fan but he is doing it right.

Get a permit. Easy and cheap to do. Follow the rules. Protest peacefully and be respectful of others rights. Don't disrupt other peoples venues. Getting arrested only makes you look like what the mainstream thinks you are; spoiled brats wanting attention.

As far as Vietnam it was Kent State and people like Kerry who made the difference. As credible people started doing things the right way it made a real difference. At first when everyone was doing sit-ins and other nonsense it only gave the enemy more ammunition and made us look like fools. One thing that was different about us is that we were ALWAYS peaceful and non-violent.

Learn to use the system. It's how all powerful people exact change in this world. People who yell on bullhorns, deface property, trespass and act like jerks; just end up on street corners begging for change, instead of creating change.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grambler

If you truly believe with what you posted here, you would have to admit that there is a serious problem with how are leaders are picked, and you should also not blame people for their efforts to overcome it.

No arguments there. The system sucks but it can only be changed from within. Paul actually got fair coverage on FOX but apparently everyone here missed the debates. I never saw FOX cut him out which is quite ironic considering how people think of FOX here. Interestingly enough the most valid criticism of Bush I've ever seen was on the O'Reilly Show. I watch all the major news sources. No Larry King though
He gives me the creeps

None of us are that far apart. We all want change. What we can't seem to get done is learning to work together to use the system to get that change.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness
I love Ron Paul, its just so sad that some of his supporters are so rabid it ruins it for most people.

Washington, D.C. is home to protests just about every single day. Someone is always protesting something, and a few thousand people is nothing. There is a reason the news didn't cover it - its not newsworthy. Get a huge crowd, and then you get on the news. A few thousand protesters? Line up with the 100 other groups who are doing the same.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

that's funny cindy sheehan or whatever her name is had about 30 people outside bush's ranch and it got media for days and weeks 24/7

so, no,,, it's more like they intentionally choose to ignore ron paul,,,,,it was so obvious to anyone paying attention during the primaries.

they would mention guiliani with 3 percewnt on air and on tickers,,yet leave paul off who had from 7 to 13%.

while many supporters do cross a line and he isn't the greatest debater----he is true and honest and has become my hero. he may not be 100% correct on everything but he knows and would do more than any other politician----he is the working mans candidate!!!!!

i only wish he was younger and would run again in 2012,,,,, i bet he'd be a contender then

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join