It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Media Ignores Ron Paul March For Liberty

page: 4
39
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555
 


Just to get this out of the way first, did you just call sit ins nonsense? I'm sure the brave people of the Civil Rights Movement would disagree with you.

As for Vietnam, I only mentioned it to show how seeming silly behavior can actually be affective. You say that ultimately people like Kerry did the right thing, and that ended the war. I'm not sure that was the reason, but even if it is true, the so called childishness got the ball rolling, and didn't hurt the movement.

You mention how working within the system solved Vietnam, but there is a huge difference between the Vietnam movement and Ron Paul supporters. You had the media behind you, where they are completely against Ron Paul and his supporters (particularly the truthers you complain about).

How can getting permits and holding rallies change anything if the media refuses to listen? These rallies, like the one mentioned in the OP, get zero coverage, and only people who agree with the message in the first place know of them.

You say the difference between Vietnam protesters and Paul supporters is that you were peaceful. When has a Paul supporter acted with violence. The whole movement preaches nonviolence. Even if you can show one random person being violent (which I haven't heard of) that isn't indicative of the movement, and I'm sure there was at least one violent Nam protester anyways.

You may somehow think that these protesters today are immature and childish, but the protest you were involved in for Vietnam was different, but I got a newsflash for you. The generation above you, all said the exact same things about you (not you personally but the collective you). They thought you were immature, childish, and probably thought you were all crazy from doing drugs. So don't be so quick to praise yourself and condemn others. And if you think all Vietnam protests had permits, your sorely mistaken.

Regardless with what you think of Paul supporters, you can't deny this fact. Whatever they did got all of us that are supporting him on board, and thats a start. In reference with the truth movement you have so many problems with, they have been affective enough to get as many as 30% (according to some polls) of people to question the OS of 9-11, all despite the fact that the media refuses to acknowledge them. I think that this is pretty good. And just like the crazies of the movement in Vietnam helped bring people like Kerry to the table, the truthers are now getting experts and more qualified people behind them. The difference is that where the media treated Kerry with respect, our media calls these experts crazy, or ignores them all together.


[edit on 15-7-2008 by Grambler]

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Grambler]




posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Ron Paul's chances of getting attention were pretty much destroyed when the 9/11 Truthers attached themselves to him. He kept trying to get the message out he was not connected, nor did he believe what they believe, but the 9/11 Truthers kept pretending he was involved with them. They guaranteed his failure. If there was a true conspiracy against Mr. Paul, that was it. Blame them.


Allow me to explain a few things to you

Firstly, regarding 9/11 truthers let me explain you something.
They are americans, they are told they live in a democracy.

So in a democracy the people have a voice, with the amount of people who believe 911 was an inside job the govt. could have allowed an inside investigation. But they did not, they allowed the questioning to continue and evolve into what they call a conspiracy.

Don't hate the people for practicing their democratic rights, they are only asking questions and have received nothing in return but mockery.

How do you expect them to react?

Secondly, regarding their affiliation with RP im sure that 911 conspiracy theorist might like him since he exposes the govt. But the media has largely focused on such a small characteristic of his supporters.

If you followed Ron Paul forums from the beggining to now, there aren't many 911 truthers. Maybe there was 1 in 20,000 and the media focused on that, but I can tell you now it was many at all, they in no way represented more than what.... 9% of his online support.



posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Paul is just a liberal in wolfs clothing.
Only pinky's want to end the war, and thats just what he wanted.
We ain't voting for him here, never ever!
Jon Mccane is sort of liberal to, but at least he doesn't want to give up to the terrorists!
If we give in the terrorist are going to come in by boat and Obama will shows his real color. I think the terrorists are now coming as mexicans, we make um work in the feilds and they report back to Osama on our land.Its just a theory but I seen them talking in a weird tongue that isn't spainish.What does Paul say about this???Nothing because he is the same as Obama, a big fat liberal!



posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
ahahahahhaa

Look at the guy above me


And you call Ron Paul supporters terroists


WOW



posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
ahahahahhaa

Look at the guy above me


And you call Ron Paul supporters terroists


WOW


I ain't said all the Paul supporters are terrorists!
Paul is a fake conservative liberal and every liberal I have met love terrorists! Don't miss qwuot me!



posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grambler
reply to post by Blaine91555
 


Just to get this out of the way first, did you just call sit ins nonsense? I'm sure the brave people of the Civil Rights Movement would disagree with you.

As for Vietnam, I only mentioned it to show how seeming silly behavior can actually be affective. You say that ultimately people like Kerry did the right thing, and that ended the war. I'm not sure that was the reason, but even if it is true, the so called childishness got the ball rolling, and didn't hurt the movement.

You mention how working within the system solved Vietnam, but there is a huge difference between the Vietnam movement and Ron Paul supporters. You had the media behind you, where they are completely against Ron Paul and his supporters (particularly the truthers you complain about).

How can getting permits and holding rallies change anything if the media refuses to listen? These rallies, like the one mentioned in the OP, get zero coverage, and only people who agree with the message in the first place know of them.

You say the difference between Vietnam protesters and Paul supporters is that you were peaceful. When has a Paul supporter acted with violence. The whole movement preaches nonviolence. Even if you can show one random person being violent (which I haven't heard of) that isn't indicative of the movement, and I'm sure there was at least one violent Nam protester anyways.

You may somehow think that these protesters today are immature and childish, but the protest you were involved in for Vietnam was different, but I got a newsflash for you. The generation above you, all said the exact same things about you (not you personally but the collective you). They thought you were immature, childish, and probably thought you were all crazy from doing drugs. So don't be so quick to praise yourself and condemn others. And if you think all Vietnam protests had permits, your sorely mistaken.

Regardless with what you think of Paul supporters, you can't deny this fact. Whatever they did got all of us that are supporting him on board, and thats a start. In reference with the truth movement you have so many problems with, they have been affective enough to get as many as 30% (according to some polls) of people to question the OS of 9-11, all despite the fact that the media refuses to acknowledge them. I think that this is pretty good. And just like the crazies of the movement in Vietnam helped bring people like Kerry to the table, the truthers are now getting experts and more qualified people behind them. The difference is that where the media treated Kerry with respect, our media calls these experts crazy, or ignores them all together.


[edit on 15-7-2008 by Grambler]

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Grambler]


Are you sayin something LIBERAL - using all these words that meen nothing, you are just defending your liberal Paul.



posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness
 


"" You can't find any, but I can see your desperately trying. ""


And with a phony comment like that, we can see right through your agenda...



posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Not only do they intend to ignore everything that opposes them, they really intend far more. They want you dead. They are working hard to kill the Africans (USA Commerce Dept. has an office in Botswana to monitor how well they are doing killing the Botswanan's through AIDS) So the media may ignore, but they are monitoring, and they intend to kill us all. That's the bottom line.

farm4.static.flickr.com...



posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   



posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Go Ron Paul

Wish I knew how to get you into the office. The way I hear it, the ballot boxes are very much rigged already to select the next president as it has for years.



posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I am amazed that the term "liberal media" is still used. This is proof that the media is controlled by the right wing.



posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck
 



" I agree... there was a lack of newsworthy purpose to the march. "


I suppose you prefer the newsworthiness of paris hilton?..


or any of the other newsworthy hollywood crap that gets shoved down our throats.?!?!?!?!



I'm sorry sir, but I'd say you were a BIG PHONY!!!!!..
..



You're not interested in real news, just spin from the mass media whores...
..
..
..
..
..



posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by winged patriot
Paul is just a liberal in wolfs clothing.
Only pinky's want to end the war, and thats just what he wanted.
We ain't voting for him here, never ever!
Jon Mccane is sort of liberal to, but at least he doesn't want to give up to the terrorists!
If we give in the terrorist are going to come in by boat and Obama will shows his real color. I think the terrorists are now coming as mexicans, we make um work in the feilds and they report back to Osama on our land.Its just a theory but I seen them talking in a weird tongue that isn't spainish.What does Paul say about this???Nothing because he is the same as Obama, a big fat liberal!


Which terrorists are you referring to? In case you havent noticed the Afghanistan , and Iraq war is not a "war on terrorism". The war on Terrorism is a phoney war.... The threat of Terrorism on the United States is no higher than any other country. Its purpose is to keep you and other easily convinced citizens to continue to support The NWO's Expansion.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by aLinkToThePast]

[edit on 16-7-2008 by aLinkToThePast]



posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness
 


Some people sure are in the "DARK";I was there and darn proud of it! I was also born and raised in DC. There was a good crowd,would like to have seen more but their were other things to consider that wasn't and isn't being covered besides the march for freedom! It was hard to get a good head count since people were in and out all day,the Metro "just" happened to have problems on both tracks at the time people needed to arrive in time for the march.The MSM also announced that the capitol grounds had been closed off due to bird deaths and a mysterious substance.BTW,testing on the dead birds is ongoing.I do not know if this was a scare tactic or in a few weeks I will be one of manny w/the bird flu.Also there were exploding manhole covers and two other protests going on at the same time.So alot wasn't covered by the MSM,are we surprised?



posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Oh as a foot note,I guess I am an expert at protests! lol I faught hard to end a war we had no biz in and couldn't win,just like the one we are in now.History keeps repeating,just like fads,they always come back in vouge.I stuffed and licked envelopes,boycotted ice-burge lettuce and grapes because of the migrant workers and at one time Was a crying liberal "FYI" the other two protests on 7/12/08 were a group in front of the White House to impeach Bush;the other was a group of N.A.Indians.



posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by aLinkToThePast

Originally posted by winged patriot
Paul is just a liberal in wolfs clothing.
Only pinky's want to end the war, and thats just what he wanted.
We ain't voting for him here, never ever!
Jon Mccane is sort of liberal to, but at least he doesn't want to give up to the terrorists!
If we give in the terrorist are going to come in by boat and Obama will shows his real color. I think the terrorists are now coming as mexicans, we make um work in the feilds and they report back to Osama on our land.Its just a theory but I seen them talking in a weird tongue that isn't spainish.What does Paul say about this???Nothing because he is the same as Obama, a big fat liberal!


Which terrorists are you referring to? In case you havent noticed the Afghanistan , and Iraq war is not a "war on terrorism". The war on Terrorism is a phoney war.... The threat of Terrorism on the United States is no higher than any other country. Its purpose is to keep you and other easily convinced citizens to continue to support The NWO's Expansion.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by aLinkToThePast]

[edit on 16-7-2008 by aLinkToThePast]


Its liberal terrrorist lovers like Ron Paul who give conservatives a band name. He is a fake... if he was a real conservative he would want us to stay there as long as it takes!A real conservative would stay there until every late one was dead if you have to! Pansy liberal zoombee!



posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mntruthseeker
 


The way I see it all we are gonna get are liberals so who cares- Ron Paul is the biggest liberal next to that @##$%%@%#%...



posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This is the lowest point and end of the road for Ron Paul fanatics. Protesting for not getting enough attention protesting. This just proves if you ignore something long enough and hard enough, it will go away. Bye bye RonPaulosers. Can't say I'll miss ya because I hardly ever seen ya.



posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I saw a graph on the news that said McCain was expected to get 73% of the vote In the upcoming election.

Ron Paul is still my pick. I'll write him in. My vote goes to a real American. Not one of these globalist puppets.

People need to wake up and see the truth instead of living in dreamland where this is only a temporary bump in the road. This isn't a bump, this is an apocalyptic scenario of epic proportions that requires direct decisive action. Get off your lazy asses and make the world you want to live in. take personal responsibility.



posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by winged patriot
Its liberal terrrorist lovers like Ron Paul who give conservatives a band name. He is a fake... if he was a real conservative he would want us to stay there as long as it takes!A real conservative would stay there until every late one was dead if you have to! Pansy liberal zoombee!

A real conservative is one who seeks to conserve the Constitution, the basis of all real law for America...And that's what Ron Paul does.

The so-called conservatives in government now only seek to conserve their own profit margin from the real bosses in the Big Corps, against the very Law they swear/affirm to uphold. Since you don't even seem to know what a conservative is, I suggest you do some serious research with an open mind instead of wearing MSM blinders & insulting everyone who crosses your viewpoint.



new topics

top topics



 
39
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join