It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask a Mason

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Posted by emsed1
The only thing that gives me pause, though, is how would the ancient Egyptians know what the pineal gland was or what it did? It seems logical that without some sort of advanced technology or guidance the brain would just seem like a bunch of goo with not much rhyme nor reason.

The Egyptians didn't build the great pyramid. It was built by far more advanced intelligence. The idea being that one could sit within, at the point shown as the 3rd eye in clips above. And during certain times boost your own potency/power and many other interesting things.

I wonder if you have read the Terra Papers by Robert Morning-Sky?
They are listed on this site and discribe the history relating to these events more clearly than I can recount at the present moment.

You may find them interesting as to the extra-terrestrial involvement in history. I believe they have had a hand in your organisation also.

Regards.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I hope this post makes sense!

SPOILER ALERT: I am about to reveal one of the most revered and ancient secrets of Operative Masonry. The master masons guilds of ancient times held this information sacred in order to protect their craft (and by extension their ability to make boatloads of money).

Of course, this is not a secret of freemasonry so nobody get excited. :-)

---

In the Good Old Days (Old Testament-ish through the Middle Ages) the operative masons were among society's elite. Master Masons were one of the only groups of people who could travel from place to place to work, and because they kept their building secrets hidden they were able to command large salaries.

It's been said that masons would carry these secrets to their deaths and guarded them jealously.

One of the problems of building a large structure is that the stones that are used must be perfectly and completely square, plumb and level. Many of these magnificent buildings were created in such a sturdy manner that they are still around for us to enjoy today.

The problem was that tools of that time were very crude. The squares that masons used to 'try' blocks (thus the term try-square) were often crude and made of wood. Wood is susceptible to warping or distortion, especially when trucked around the countryside from job site to job site. (And NO before you even get started, they did not actually drive 'trucks' provided by their alien overlords).

Amazingly the master masons could use these crude wooden tools to inexplicably make large sturdy buildings. I am sure some people even thought they had 'mystical' powers.

So how did they do it? How could they ensure that the square they used to to check the stones was actually square?

Well, it was actually pretty simple but it was beyond the grasp of most people in that day.

When the master mason arrived to check the building stones he had a very simple, but effective, way of ensuring his square was true using nothing more than a simple compass and a string or cord of some kind. A compass can be fashioned out of anything, like two sticks bound together or a string with sticks tied to the ends.

First the master mason would lay out a circle with the compass:

Then, using a string or straight-edge, he would draw a line through the center of the circle.

Now, the magic part.

The mason could choose any point on the circle:

And connect that point to the two points where the line intersects the circle and VOILA, a perfect right angle to check his try-square:

Of course if every person knew this trick then the master masons would be out of a job, so it was incumbent upon them to keep it secret.

How does this apply to modern speculative freemasonry?

Well, the compass is used to describe 'circumscribing' our actions and behavior. In other words, if a brother always keeps his behavior and morals within the circle (IE he learns to 'subdue his passions') then his behavior will always be 'square'.

If a brother allows his behavior to stray outside the circle, then he is no longer square and is not behaving in a very masonlike manner.

One thing I did notice, though, that I hadn't realized before, is that some of this looks strikingly similar to the chakra videos. They were insightful to say the least.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueLight

I have seen the Terra Papers mentioned a lot in several threads lately. I am not sure if it was you or other folks as well.

They sound very interesting and I will check them out!

Do you have a link? I don't mind googling but if you have a good place to read them I'd love to take a look!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Hello,

And Thank You for taking the time to read this post. I appreciate the gesture of answering questions posed to Masons or the Masonic Lodge.

I am very interested in joining the Masonic Lodge. My grandfather was very high in the Masons (I realize that this is a common misconception which people usually quote incorrectly). Should I obtain the proof of family lineage in the Mason organization before attempting to gain membership? I believe he was 32nd degree, but it is possible he was only 31st. How can I gain this information?

I am a 28 year old Army Veteran, who is dedicated to his country. I work full-time while attending school full-time. I am greatly fascinated by the 2012 prophecy and the connections that it might have to Biblical prophecies of Armageddon. There are too many coincidences to disregard what multiple prior civilizations have attempted to warn us about. I also believe that our Christianity is a reborn form of ancient Egyptian sun worship (with changes to apply to our current culture and customs). With my views as a strong believing Christian (and unwilling to rejoin the military), I want to align myself with the side that I think is important. I believe that the Masons need more good Christian men to help make a difference, in any way they can.

Now, this being said, I have been told in the past that in order to be a Mason, one must pay high dues. I unfortunately do not have the extra capital to incur this bill.

If I am willing to commit myself, and perform whatever duties are neccessary, is the financial obligation less of a factor currently?

Also, should I wait until after I receive my degree to attempt to obtain membership?

I just feel that with the way the world is moving today, and the fact that we are in the middle of a religious war, that time is of the essence. Do you have any suggestions? Should I go visit the lodge ASAP, and attempt to gain membership? Or, should I wait for a more opportune time?

Thank You!
Your responses are greatly appreciated.

If location is needed, I am currently in South Texas, and I will gladly accept any u2u communication from anyone with addition information.

Edit: I just wanted to add that I am one of strong moral fiber. I would be considered "on the level", as the only trouble with law is two speeding tickets when I got my first car. I am also an Eagle Scout, and work with multiple volunteer organizations. I just realize there is much more work to be done in the world, and I want an organization I can fully devote to and focus my energy.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by ThreeDeuce]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I have to step in here again as a Mod. I mean this in the kindest way but
As per the Terms and Conditions of Membership I would hate to have to close this thread
because.

1 e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC site(s) for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not post, use the chat feature or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

Anyone interested should just contact the local lodge in there town, I'm sure they can be found in local phone books.

This thread is a Question and Answer thread, not how do I join thread which is against the T&C.

Thank you,
Sauron ATS Staff

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
Religion and Politics

It is absolutely forbidden to discuss religion or politics in the lodge. A long time ago masons realized these were the two major topics that disrupt and divide people.

We do have opening and closing prayers in lodge that are addressed to the "Supreme Architect of the Universe", but that's about as close as it gets to religion.

So, what's the point?

Masonry exists to teach men about their duty to God, their neighbor and themselves. As you advance through the degrees you will learn about brotherly love, truth and relief.

I love inconsistencies.

I also love belief in one God, represented by pagan monuments in their capital city.

Will the Mason's deny a connection with Aleister Crowley, he was quite the puppet, but he managed to live a hedonistic lifestyle that wouldn't really represent the values of Mason's...

Also, I picked up a pack of Chinese cigarettes the other day. Their company seal is a circle with wings and a tail feather, and the empty space where a head would be for a bird has been replaced by the letter 'G.' Kind of strange position and occurrence for a pack of cigarettes where the rest of the pack is in Chinese...

I'll see if I can get you guys a link for these smokes...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Thanks Sauron! :-)

I hope everyone perceives the masons that are posting here to be fair and polite. I think it has actually gone pretty well so far compared to some of the fiascos of the past.

I feel like the mods have given us quite a bit of leeway and I hope it's because we are trying to remain civil.

If anybody has questions that don't fit in the spirit of this thread you can definitely U2U me and I will help if I can.

Also, thanks to both sides of this debate for presenting yourselves respectfully. I hope that everybody feels like the questions are being answered as fairly and honestly as possible.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

I'm also a veteran...

You don't need this organization to have more direct control over your life, you in your position is exactly what they want.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17/7/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by luckycuban

It's my understanding that Crowley was a mason at some point, or claimed to be a mason. I would agree that his behavior and beliefs are inconsistent with masonry. Did he found OTO or was that somebody else?

As for symbols, I don't worship them and I have never been asked to or guided in that direction. I believe in God, and I believe He loves us and wants us to love each other.

If masonry ever asked me to lay down that belief in exchange for symbols or idols as some have suggested I would walk away. I think that's one of the nice things about masonry. They ask if you believe in God and then leave it at that. No further explanation is necessary and they don't try to influence that belief.

I have to include the caveat that I am only involved with Blue Lodge masonry, IE the first three degrees. I am hopeful there is nothing sinister in the appendant bodies, but I haven't been through those so I can judge them yet.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by luckycuban
I love inconsistencies.

I also love belief in one God, represented by pagan monuments in their capital city.
I sense sarcasm. So out of curiosity, how many gods do you believe in?

Will the Mason's deny a connection with Aleister Crowley, he was quite the puppet, but he managed to live a hedonistic lifestyle that wouldn't really represent the values of Mason's...
Yeah, we'll deny a connection with Crowley. Nice guy and all, but if I recall correctly he was a member of a clandestine lodge, not regular Masonry. Masonic Light is our resident Crowley expert and I'm sure he'll be able to chime in with the specifics. (or you can do an ATS search... he's covered it many times before...)

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Stating that masonry has control over someone's life or that they want control over someone's life is a very strong statement, cuban.

Do you have evidence that the masons are controlling or would like to control this man's life?

I mean that sincerely because in order to get to the truth we need to have all the available evidence from all sides.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

It's my understanding that Crowley was a mason at some point, or claimed to be a mason. I would agree that his behavior and beliefs are inconsistent with masonry. Did he found OTO or was that somebody else?

As for symbols, I don't worship them and I have never been asked to or guided in that direction. I believe in God, and I believe He loves us and wants us to love each other.

If masonry ever asked me to lay down that belief in exchange for symbols or idols as some have suggested I would walk away. I think that's one of the nice things about masonry. They ask if you believe in God and then leave it at that. No further explanation is necessary and they don't try to influence that belief.

I have to include the caveat that I am only involved with Blue Lodge masonry, IE the first three degrees. I am hopeful there is nothing sinister in the appendant bodies, but I haven't been through those so I can judge them yet.

From this post you tell me one of two things, the true answer I'll never truly know.

You're either being genuine about all the information you're putting out about the Mason's and you'll never get to judge these higher tiers that you speak of, or your job is damage control because of people who have already ripped holes in your 'truths.'

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

I love inconsistencies.

I sense sarcasm. So out of curiosity, how many gods do you believe in?

Yeah, we'll deny a connection with Crowley. Nice guy and all, but if I recall correctly he was a member of a clandestine lodge, not regular Masonry. Masonic Light is our resident Crowley expert and I'm sure he'll be able to chime in with the specifics. (or you can do an ATS search... he's covered it many times before...)

I believe in myself, I'm also agnostic, but I'm not above seeing that the Roman Catholic church is a very lucrative business and also a continuation of the Roman Empire which supposedly fell, based on Egyptian worship of Amen-Rah.

'Amen,' sound familiar to you boys at the lodge?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

From this post you tell me one of two things, the true answer I'll never truly know.

You're either being genuine about all the information you're putting out about the Mason's and you'll never get to judge these higher tiers that you speak of, or your job is damage control because of people who have already ripped holes in your 'truths.'

It's definitely the first. I am being truthful about my opinions and perceptions.

Do you have an opinion as to who is 'really' in control of masonry? Is it one of the appendant bodies or is it the sort of thing that a 'regular' mason would never find out?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
D.C., London, and Vatican City, all three of these cities operating above law, all three owning a famous Obelisk.

Washington Monument in D.C.

Right on the river Thames in London. (an actual Egyptian piece imported and erected there...)

And here's the big one that really throws me for a loop and makes me wonder where the Mason's sit.

St. Peter's Square, Vatican City, is also the host of an Obelisk.

So logically, why would Christians erect a pagan monument in the middle of city based off of the belief of one-god?

Why would Mason's use the bible and make belief in one-god a prerequisite?

It isn't an elitist organization at the level you are on apparently. Just simply a belief in one DIVINE being makes you ripe and ready to have your perceptions altered.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I believe in myself, I'm also agnostic, but I'm not above seeing that the Roman Catholic church is a very lucrative business and also a continuation of the Roman Empire which supposedly fell, based on Egyptian worship of Amen-Rah.

If you are alluding to a connection between the 'church' and masonry I don't believe there is one. Freemasons are still under an order of excommunication according to canon law.

I do know catholics who are masons, though, but in modern times I think it has become more of a 'don't ask, don't tell' sort of thing with them.

Then again I am not catholic, but I have been treated in a very nasty manner by the so-called catholic 'legal' system. I think the 'church' probably does not fancy masonry much at all.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

It's definitely the first. I am being truthful about my opinions and perceptions.

Do you have an opinion as to who is 'really' in control of masonry? Is it one of the appendant bodies or is it the sort of thing that a 'regular' mason would never find out?

When I said 'I'd never truly know,' that was loaded.

In saying that and you still felt the need to reinforce that you were telling the truth tells me something also, but don't worry nothing I could prove to be true through psychology or the detection of lies or anything...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

If you are alluding to a connection between the 'church' and masonry I don't believe there is one. Freemasons are still under an order of excommunication according to canon law.

I do know catholics who are masons, though, but in modern times I think it has become more of a 'don't ask, don't tell' sort of thing with them.

Then again I am not catholic, but I have been treated in a very nasty manner by the so-called catholic 'legal' system. I think the 'church' probably does not fancy masonry much at all.
As long as your organization condones the bible, then I'll still personally see a connection with the Church.

Also, I could care less if the Catholic Church excommunicated Mason's, they also used to sell tickets to heaven.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

D.C., London, and Vatican City, all three of these cities operating above law, all three owning a famous Obelisk.

Washington Monument in D.C.

Right on the river Thames in London. (an actual Egyptian piece imported and erected there...)

And here's the big one that really throws me for a loop and makes me wonder where the Mason's sit.

St. Peter's Square, Vatican City, is also the host of an Obelisk.

So logically, why would Christians erect a pagan monument in the middle of city based off of the belief of one-god?

Why would Mason's use the bible and make belief in one-god a prerequisite?

It isn't an elitist organization at the level you are on apparently. Just simply a belief in one DIVINE being makes you ripe and ready to have your perceptions altered.

I think you are making a lot of connections where none exist.

Christians, pagans, catholics, egyptians and masons are all different groups. I can see maybe that the Washington Monument has something to do with masonry (not sure how) but I don't see the connection between the Egyptian obelisk in London and whatever is in St. Peter's Square.

As for the bible freemasonry regards it as a 'light' and a source of moral codes of behavior. While most lodges keep a bible in the lodge during meetings a prospective candidate can choose to use a holy book of their choice during initiation.

The importance of the belief in one God is that the lessons of helping out your fellow human beings, charity and truth are meaningless if you think we are just all meat puppets that are destined to become worm dirt.

If someone doesn't believe in God, then the masonic beliefs wouldn't make sense and they would literally get nothing out of masonry. If you didn't believe in God, then there would be no point in joining masonry.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

In saying that and you still felt the need to reinforce that you were telling the truth tells me something also, but don't worry nothing I could prove to be true through psychology or the detection of lies or anything...

To quote the great american philosopher of the 20th century, Alfred E. Neuman:

"What? Me worry?"

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join