It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask a Mason

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I don't need to get down on my knees to pray, so I can get a kid something to eat who I know didn't eat the whole day.

And it's more than kids, because they are just one group of people.

Basically I can have my agnostic beliefs and still help other people out.

Also, if the Washington monument is connected then the Mason's are connected to everything in that list in one way or another.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1

Originally posted by luckycuban
In saying that and you still felt the need to reinforce that you were telling the truth tells me something also, but don't worry nothing I could prove to be true through psychology or the detection of lies or anything...

To quote the great american philosopher of the 20th century, Alfred E. Neuman:

"What? Me worry?"
As well you shouldn't be.

If proper breakthroughs of Psychology would be more well known common people would be able to tell if figureheads on TV were lying or not.

This is the reason why I'll leave this alone, because when it will get to the point in that argument to cite proof, you and I both know publicly, it's a very primitive science.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

This is the reason why I'll leave this alone, because when it will get to the point in that argument to cite proof, you and I both know publicly, it's a very primitive science.

On this I agree wholeheartedly!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Matrix1111

Again--as I clarified yesterday. You and Rune Spider are WAY off of what I said and my point. I said WHITE Masons---meaning Scottish and York Rite---do not allow African-Americans to join THEIR ranks. You both replied about Prince Hall allowing anyone to join thiers. Yes---no one said they didn't. They were the Men excluded, so they petitioned for their OWN lodge. Trust me, Iknow the history. As for Runes comments yesterday (and yours)---Wikpedia??? Are you serious?? I woulnd't look how to make lemonade on Wikpedia. Do you seriously believe anything worth knowing about Freemasonry--other than what they feed the deaf, dumb, and blind---is going to be found on Wikpedia??? My friend, I have done more study and reserach than probably many 33rd Degrees have on their own craft. Definitely more than any 3rd Degree. The only reason I didn't pursue being a member is because I know, have sat and intellectualized with, far more intelligent Men--and got--for free-- what many pay money for in these degrees. Besides---why rise or revolve to a mere 33 degress when I'm capable of a full 360??

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

On this I agree wholeheartedly!

Yeah I'm sure you do.

Anyways, whether you're truly ignorant to the higher dealings of your organization and you aren't doing any kind of damage control, or not, the only thing a person at your level could possibly truly answer is how many different religious books would be honored at a lodge?

Seeing as how I don't see myself ever walking in and seeking membership, I really don't care to know the answer.

But we can just leave it at your level and I'll tell you that I believe there's too many holes for me to look at you people in a different light.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by 360Degrees
reply to post by Matrix1111

Again--as I clarified yesterday. You and Rune Spider are WAY off of what I said and my point. I said WHITE Masons---meaning Scottish and York Rite---do not allow African-Americans to join THEIR ranks. You both replied about Prince Hall allowing anyone to join thiers. Yes---no one said they didn't. They were the Men excluded, so they petitioned for their OWN lodge. Trust me, Iknow the history. As for Runes comments yesterday (and yours)---Wikpedia??? Are you serious?? I woulnd't look how to make lemonade on Wikpedia. Do you seriously believe anything worth knowing about Freemasonry--other than what they feed the deaf, dumb, and blind---is going to be found on Wikpedia??? My friend, I have done more study and reserach than probably many 33rd Degrees have on their own craft. Definitely more than any 3rd Degree. The only reason I didn't pursue being a member is because I know, have sat and intellectualized with, far more intelligent Men--and got--for free-- what many pay money for in these degrees. Besides---why rise or revolve to a mere 33 degress when I'm capable of a full 360??

Buddy you make the Mason's sound like some kind of better organized, Transcendental Meditation scam, how proposterous!

=P

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 360Degrees

I would challenge you to offer proof of the racism you claim in masonry.

I suspect that you have none or you would have provided it.

Just because you say masonry is racist doesn't make it so, just as me saying it's not doesn't make it so. But, we can discover the truth together if you can offer proof or evidence of your position.

I am trying to be polite and civil, but the time has come that you need to offer evidence of what you are saying because it is offensive to be called a liar and/or a racist.

I don't think I am alone in this feeling. I believe those that oppose masonry would want you to present a strong case also to lend validity to your claim.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Anyways, whether you're truly ignorant to the higher dealings of your organization and you aren't doing any kind of damage control, or not, the only thing a person at your level could possibly truly answer is how many different religious books would be honored at a lodge?

The three that I have heard most often used are the Holy Bible, the Qu'ran and the Torah.

It's also my understanding that masonic lodges in other countries may keep a different holy book in the lodge for meetings as well, but I don't have any proof of that other than what I have read in books and on the 'intertubes'.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

reply to post by 360Degrees

I would challenge you to offer proof of the racism you claim in masonry.

I suspect that you have none or you would have provided it.

Just because you say masonry is racist doesn't make it so, just as me saying it's not doesn't make it so. But, we can discover the truth together if you can offer proof or evidence of your position.

I am trying to be polite and civil, but the time has come that you need to offer evidence of what you are saying because it is offensive to be called a liar and/or a racist.

I don't think I am alone in this feeling. I believe those that oppose masonry would want you to present a strong case also to lend validity to your claim.

Well my proof will be an actual life experience to the racist side of the Mason's...

I didn't join when I was in the military despite all the favors it would have granted me within the ranks because my white buddies were having problems joining...

The local lodge was predominantly Black and Hispanic.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Again--as I clarified yesterday. You and Rune Spider are WAY off of what I said and my point. I said WHITE Masons---meaning Scottish and York Rite---do not allow African-Americans to join THEIR ranks.

Friend, you seem confused not only on your stance of racism, but also on terminology. To begin with, the York Rite and Scottish Rite exist in Prince Hall Masonry in the same manner as they exist in non-Prince Hall Masonry.

Furthermore, African-Americans *do* join the York and Scottish Rites in white majority bodies. There's no longer such a thing as a group of "white Masons".

My friend, I have done more study and reserach than probably many 33rd Degrees have on their own craft. Definitely more than any 3rd Degree.

It appears your "research" has left you in great error. Personally, I wouldn't brag about it.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

The three that I have heard most often used are the Holy Bible, the Qu'ran and the Torah.

It's also my understanding that masonic lodges in other countries may keep a different holy book in the lodge for meetings as well, but I don't have any proof of that other than what I have read in books and on the 'intertubes'.

And all three of those books to me are either a paperweight or back-up rolling papers.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Really???? Are you serious??? You can't be. Do you really believe I need to prove racism in Freemasonry? This country was built on it. But then, I'm sure you believe the slaves went in to "ride the goat" with their fellow "brothers" (slavemasters) and earn the 3rd Degree and picking cotton in the fields all day. Is this guy serious "provide proof of racism in Masonry"????? That really didn't warrant a response---but I couldn't resist

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

The KEY WORDS being "no longer exist".. Wow, welcome to the 21st century

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Again--as I clarified yesterday. You and Rune Spider are WAY off of what I said and my point. I said WHITE Masons---meaning Scottish and York Rite---do not allow African-Americans to join THEIR ranks.

Friend, you seem confused not only on your stance of racism, but also on terminology. To begin with, the York Rite and Scottish Rite exist in Prince Hall Masonry in the same manner as they exist in non-Prince Hall Masonry.

Furthermore, African-Americans *do* join the York and Scottish Rites in white majority bodies. There's no longer such a thing as a group of "white Masons".

My friend, I have done more study and reserach than probably many 33rd Degrees have on their own craft. Definitely more than any 3rd Degree.

It appears your "research" has left you in great error. Personally, I wouldn't brag about it.

When you reach an impass in an argument you either:

a.) change your stance
b.) try to disprove
c.) upon failure to disprove discredit
d.) all of the above

Just doing any one of these things not only changed your own original argument, but it's only used when you're debating a subject that you know to be true.

Not dissimilar to a proper debate, given the need to promote a controversial subject like communism.

Sounds great, practical application... Eh.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

reply to post by emsed1

Really???? Are you serious??? You can't be. Do you really believe I need to prove racism in Freemasonry? This country was built on it. But then, I'm sure you believe the slaves went in to "ride the goat" with their fellow "brothers" (slavemasters) and earn the 3rd Degree and picking cotton in the fields all day. Is this guy serious "provide proof of racism in Masonry"????? That really didn't warrant a response---but I couldn't resist
I'm assuming 'this' country is the US, please be more specific in the future for international viewers please.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

My research is far more accurate than you would ever admit to--and I wouldn't expect you to. By all means, remain loyal to your oathes and such. But, trust me, I know farrrrrr more than you would ever give credit to a "profane" and "uninitiated" fellow. Just know that. I'm not one of the "hoodwinked"

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

My research is far more accurate than you would ever admit to--and I wouldn't expect you to. By all means, remain loyal to your oathes and such. But, trust me, I know farrrrrr more than you would ever give credit to a "profane" and "uninitiated" fellow. Just know that. I'm not one of the "hoodwinked"
Well that's good.

I always look at new knowledge through my personal logic, most of the time, I stay pretty accurate.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

My research is far more accurate than you would ever admit to--and I wouldn't expect you to.

Since you were not aware that black Masons have held Scottish and York Rite degrees for centuries now, then no, you shouldn't expect me to praise your "research".

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Curious minds would like to know the following:

How could someone tell if a person is a Mason?
What should a person look for besides those weird hand signals – mannerism, clothing, speech, etc…?
Would friends of a Mason be entitled to other Masonic ‘ties’?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
Curious minds would like to know the following:

How could someone tell if a person is a Mason?
What should a person look for besides those weird hand signals – mannerism, clothing, speech, etc…?
Would friends of a Mason be entitled to other Masonic ‘ties’?
Are you a cherry picker in public too?

Like associate people with things before even knowing their name, due to certain distinct actions?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join