It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time For Texas To Be Kicked Out: Good Riddance!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I lived in Texas for a few years, and one thing I can say about Texans is that they are the least "eco-friendly" state in the union (what is wrong with these folks?). Well, just look at their wonderful product George Bush; He would have us all swimming in a polluted arsenic ladden cesspool with 3 eyes and fins growing out of our backs before he would enforce one environmental law.

Screw the planet (according to Texans)!

[edit on 12-7-2008 by whatsup]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buck Division
Of all the great USA states, I would like to see Texas leave our union. The most.

This state has given us nothing but loser presidents, arrogance, pomposity, racism, religious intolerance, assassinations, and – yeah – high oil prices.

Texas really needs to be its own little country, where they can cultivate their own little idiosyncratic behaviors, before the NAFTA highway gets settled into place.

It's time for Texans pack their bags and move out. They will be fine without us, and I am sure that is completely mutual.

Google Results 1 thru 10 of about 7,500,000 for why I hate Texas.

I'm sure many of my friends here at ATS will agree. Or not. I'm interested in any opinions you may have. Am I being too peevish here?

Edit: Fixed title. I didn't want any ambiguity here.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by Buck Division]

So, now you know how the rest of the world feels about the entire USA

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsup
I lived in Texas for a few years, and one thing I can say about Texans is that they are the least "eco-friendly" state in the union (what is wrong with these folks?). Well, just look at their wonderful product George Bush; He would have us all swimming in a polluted arsenic ladden cesspool with 3 eyes and fins growing out of our backs before he would enforce one environmental law.

Hey man, ever been to Jersey? Dare you to drink the water!

Here's the deal, you people bitch about Texas and Texans but you love the fact the we pump the oil, but wait then you hate us because we pump the oil...and as for the earlier post about Galveston beached smelling like oil? Obviously posted by someone who HAS NEVER BEEN THERE! If you had you would have know the most dangerous thing on Texas beaches are the jelly fish.

There are plenty of well written posts defending our great state, so I won't repeat what's been said. However, instead of complaining about something you know nothing about, why don't you improve the place where you live instead of being a blight.

This probably should be moved to BTS, and by the way, anytime you would like me to hand you your hat on this subject, you're welcome to come on the BTS MIX Show.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsup

you are aware tx is a pretty big state, right?

let's see what other sources say:

www.naturalhomemagazine.com...

www.treehugger.com...

www.environmentalleader.com...

www.associatedcontent.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
After reading about the guy the guy that is on death row in Texas because the new DNA evidence did not meet a deadline by a few hours it made me so angry that my thoughts and my dreams for the next few days was about kicking Texas out of the union for blatant disregard for human life and violation of the right to life clause of the constitution.

Then I log on here and see my thoughts in a thread. I'm glad I read through it because I was reminded that the people of Texas are decent and it's the judicial branch of government that is full of totalitarian pigs that think that rule of law is more important than human life. This is just an extension of the Waco travesty. The NWO must not be happy with Americans not taking up arms against an unresponsive and evil government.

The people of South Korea are willing to go to war with their government over untested beef from the U.S. I think the people of the U.S. are being conditioned to accept any travesty dished out to us. Right now Americans can not match the bravery of Koreans in not taking it any more.

Maybe if we were 57 separate republics with a common constitution and defense treaty we could get more justice and responsiveness from our appointed and elected officials.

"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Pogo

[edit on 12-7-2008 by free-energy to add Greg Wright name]

[edit on 12-7-2008 by free-energy]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
If Texas were to leave the Union, I'd move there.

Enough with our sell out politicians in Washington, I'd rather live with the Texans.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
Partner , You speak of Texans loving the history of their state. It is a very colorful history but the people that fought the so called revolution were far from being patriots. Most were swindlers, freebooters and slave traders. If you saw the movies about the battle of the Alamo ,you might have noticed the Mexican flag that was flown by the Norte Americanos. It was the 1821 flag of the Mexican Revolution. Santa Ana was a counter revolutionary General employed by the Spanish government and the whole country of Mexico including Aztlan was at war against him. He was not the ruler of Mexico and didn't have authority to forfeit any land to Sam Houston. Read "DUEL of EAGLES" by Jeff Long it is very enlightening about the early Texicans and the mercenaries that brought about what is now called Texas.

im not quite sure where your going with this? care to elaborate? yes, all of us texans know the story. people came to texas for the land. mexico basically invited immigrants to come. if they were swindlers, freebooters or slave traders is speculation. even if they were, doesnt effect anything. these were people looking for a new start on life. texas provided the perfect opportunity. much like america did when the colonists came here. texas independence and american independance are actually very similar. both had there governoring countries imposing laws that were unliked and taxing was considered outrageous to both. yes, slaves were a big issue to texas, mexico was passing laws forbidding slaves and texicans did not like that, which was one factor, but the mexican government was also imposing taxes on the texicans which in the laws for colonization, stated it wouldnt do. santa anna also rescinded the constitution of 1824.( this is a reason many people fought, to get the constitution back). eventually, these among other things built up and the revolution was born. just like americas. why texans love their history so much is because of the patriotic actions of its people and the amazing feats they were able to pull off against the mexicans. texas did have an army at that time but you could hardly call it that. it was nothing compared to that of mexico. but they had won every major battle in the beginning. things got worse, cultivating at the alamo (an amazing feat to fight off an enemy army outnumbering you 10 to 1 for 13 days while knowing they were going to die) and the massacre at goliad (santa anna had part of the texas are that surrendered executed). after several retreats, the texas army then attacked a resting mexican army, santa anna figured the texans would be playing a defensive role, so he let his men rest and was going to attack the next day, but texas had different plans. while the mexican army rest, the texans attacked. they were roughly outnumbered 1.5 to 1. actually it was about 900 texans to about 1300 mexicans. in 18 minutes the entire mexican army had either surrendered or been killed. santa anna was captured the next day, and signed the treaty to basically save his own life. mexico might not have recognized the treaty but the usa and many european nations did.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
>>>>keep Austin and San Antonio...

I live in San Antonio.

Thanks for not sending us to the gas chamber.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
reply to post by Buck Division

I recognise the legitimacy of your anger, but blaming Texas and Texans makes as much sense as blaming Jews during the Nazi period in Germany.
[edit on 11/7/08 by Pellevoisin]

Thats because jews were the problem with nazi germany,

[edit on 13-7-2008 by Maybach Hanson]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by lt lou360
reply to post by Alxandro

That was sweet Alxandro the op probably a loser sooner

Ha, that'sf funny.
Except I don't think the OP is from Oklahoma because Okies secretly love Texas. I say this because there are tons of Okies already here, so many that they refer to Texas as Baja Oklahoma.

Geez, sometimes I think they put the Border Patrol on the wrong river.

The Op is probably from some super-pacifist state like California.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tdubz

Partner; There is an old Texas saying that can be applied to what is generally considered Texas History, " Don't let the truth stand in the way of a good story." Of course I may not be totally knowledgeable about things that happened almost 15 years before my family moved here 7 generations ago, but I do know that William Travis wore ointment on his hair, cologne, stockings and pumps. He also had a raging case of syphilis that he had spread by having sex with at least 56 women, and was quite delusional due to taking mercurial salts for treatment of his ailment. He was most likely the first fatality during the siege. At San Jacinto 90 % of the Mexicans were unarmed and had surrendered but were killed with out mercy due to Houston's inability to control them. Houston shared the opium that he had been given for his shattered ankle, with Santa Anna which probably altered his judgment. There is a much rumored belief that he was to give Santa Anna freedom due to a Masonic oath they both shared. President Jackson had ordered General Harrison to the Louisiana border to assist Houston's men , which accounts for their north eastern movement. In regards to the countries that recognized the new republic, who do you think was owed the debts that required Texas to accept annexation. The most valuable thing that they had as a state were slaves which could not be traded on an illegal international market. but could so between states. Even so slaves were being smuggled into Texas after annexation. Texas is a colorful state, rich beyond most any other it's share of characters and bad karma. It can't be said that our state hasn't done all it could to prosper from manifest destiny. And the story continues.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Okay, good stuff. Thanks for all the comments. I've read them all and learned a bunch.

It appears to me that there are many people that really identify themselves as Texans first -- it is easy to understand why that is. It is rampant state patriotism, found in no other state I can think of. I guess it isn't entirely bad, but it is very odd to my perspective.

I see two groups of people on this thread: those that are easily provoked by my self-admitted ridiculous premise and OP -- and those that really could care less. I think it boils down to true Texas self-confidence, in the later case, versus something else.

You can take a look at my earlier explanations. Sorry if I offended anyone here. For those that need to hear this: Texas is great! A true asset to the Union! Of course it is! Wasn't that pretty obvious from the first read?

Keep up the good work, my friends. You have to admit that it has been a pretty enlightening session!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Born a Texan and will die a Texan. Without Texas the US would have a smaller military and would pay higher taxes. Guess you could invite Canada to take our place. Now that would be a sight to behold.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Divide and conquer?
You are falling into the hands of the powers that be brother man.

Whatever happened to united we stand?
Divided we fall.
BTW the smilies here are much cooler than on ATS:

[edit on 7/15/2008 by liamoohay]

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join