It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time For Texas To Be Kicked Out: Good Riddance!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I've read all of the post here and for the most part, both sides pro or con about Texas are right. The one undeniable truth is that, "Professional Texans" are an embarrassment to regular Texans regardless of what state that they were born in. Any place that can produce free thinking artist like Buddy Holly, Roy Orbison, Waylon Jennings, Mickey Newbury, Kris Kristopherson, B. W. Stephenson, Ray Wiley Hubbard, Jimmie & Stevie Ray Vaughn, T-Bone Walker, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Clarence "Gate Mouth"Brown, Lightening Hopkins, Johnny Winter, Will Smith, Rip Torn, Tommy Lee Jones, Steve Earl, Janis Joplin, Michael Martin Murphey, Doug Sahm, Little Joe, Rodney Crowell, Robert Earl Keen, Lyle Lovett, Anson Funderburgh, and of course Willy Nelson ,obviously enjoys some kind of acceptance of individuality that is stifled elsewhere in this country.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The KKK hates Blacks. The Nazi's hate Jew's. You hate Texans. The similarity is obvious.

Hate is a real burden to carry around and destroys those who let it dominate their lives. Good luck, you will need it. If you are delusional enough to think an entire class of people is bad, perhaps you are the one that has the problem?

Interesting way to sucker in points however

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Buck Division

Be careful what you wish for...

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Buck Division

Hahaha, too bad bush isn't a REAL Texan.

I am sure a lot of Texans wouldn't mind if we left the US. However I think YOU might, you think oil prices are high now? LMAO@URFACE

Let see, we have all these oil refineries here, how many are up there in yankee land?

Infact we have some refineries they were shut down due to eco-nazis now if they were to open it could lower the cost of gas.

Now if Texas wasn't part of the US and we had to export the oil to you guys well...

How much more are you willing to pay, youre rant is quite funny really and sounds highly uneducated to me, sparked by jealousy.

But I will admit to being a Texan before being an American

Although if Texas did succeed it wouldn't be benefiting either side imho.

STATE Number of Refineries Capacity, barrels per day, 2005
Texas 23 4,628,000
Louisiana 17 2,773,000
California 21 2,005,000
Illinois 4 896,000
Pennsylvania 5 770,000
Washington 5 616,150
New Jersey 4 615,000
Ohio 4 551,400
Oklahoma 5 484,961
10. Indiana 2 433,000
Alaska 6 373,000
Mississippi 4 364,800
Minnesota 2 335,000
Kansas 3 296,200
Kentucky 2 227,500
Montana 4 181,200
Tennessee 1 180,000
Delaware 1 175,000
Utah 5 167,350
20. Wyoming 5 152,000
Hawaii 2 147,500
Alabama 2 113,500
New Mexico 3 112,600
Colorado 2 87,000
Arkansas 2 76,800
Michigan 1 74,000
Virginia 1 58,600
North Dakota 1 58,000
Wisconsin 1 33,000
30. West Virginia 1 19,400
Nevada 1 1,707
www.gravmag.com...

Me thinks it's not in YOUR best interest if Texas was to leave specially if you want to whine about gas prices, your post was fueled by ignorance and so be it.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by Lysergic]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

educate yourself as to why our flag gets to fly higher...the US wanted us to join JUST THAT BAD. Texas was independant, yet was suffering financially after the war with Mexico (yeah, we kicked the crap out of them, too). So we made a treaty. Part of that treaty says that we are a republic, not a state. Our flag flies, while in Texas, above the US flag because of this.

also another interesting tid bit about our flag most ppl not from here don't know is that the tx flag is the ONLY flag flown during the day at some tx ntl guard posts.

also the color representation of our flag is:

blue stands for loyalty

white for purity

and red for bravery

the american flag color representations are:

Red - Hardiness and valor

White - Purity and innocence

Blue - Vigilance, perseverance, and justice

i like that we are simple and to the point here in tx
. also, i love what the blue in our flag represents as opposed to what the blue in our country's flag stands for.

sad thing is, one of those adjectives in the color blue of US flag isn't so true right now
even sadder, the other two are.

txns however are VERY loyal...... to the ppl in our state and in our country; but don't be mistaken, we'll cut the rest of america off (as citizens) in order to protect our own from tyranny.

that is why i won't run and hide. i will stand my ground as did the fathers of tx and the fathers of america and i KNOW w/out a doubt most of the true txns here (and even some who understand and respect what this state is about though they are not native) won't be running, but standing as well.

i feel more safe here than i would anywhere else in this country bc of the understanding we (as a majority in this state) have about not relying on others to protect us and tell us what to do. it is always about the individual taking responsibility for themself. when ppl have this rooted deep into their heart, they can walk through hell and back w/ courage.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Yea.. Kick out Texas... Woo flippin Hoo

Hell.. Lets kick out New Mexico... Its really just "Old Mexico". It can be annexed back to the mothership. Same thing with Arizona. Its too hot.

While we are at it and deciding how to make the US a broken land of unwanted enclaves of tarnished territories because the most unpopular president of US history claims that area to be his home, lets just carve out parts of Iowa.

Reason being... it floods too much. I think my tax dollars can go to wiser pursuits such as the war in Iraq.

I've lurked here way too long and have become frustrated with members at ATS who should have been given snow mittens as finger restraining devices to keep their closed little minds completely that.... TO THEMSELVES.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Can ya'all Texans take Arizona with you when you go?

The United States of Texas kinda has a nice ring to it....

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
How can you hate:

The Gulf Coast

The Hill Country

The Panhandle Plains

The Big Bend

The Prairies and Lakes

The Piney Woods

The South Texas Plains

or

Dallas

Houston

San Antonio

El Paso

Austin

Lubbock

The Rio Grande Valley

I will leave you with this:

Remember the Alamo!

[edit on 12/7/2008 by xxpigxx]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Whoa, so much hate for Texas and Texans.
Truth is Texas ecomony is booming, and probably carrying your state.
Quit hating and be productive.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Something for the OP

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
www.statesman.com...

are you sure that you dont want to kick texas out because we are doing so much better than everyone else? read the link i provided. texas will have a 10.7 billion surplus. the article also mentions jobs have increased 2.4% here. also, the housing crisis hasnt really effected texas as much as just about every other state. Ok, i was just kidding about being jealous of texas. i think most people misunderstand the texan personality. they see it as texans thinking they are better then everyone else. are we proud of where we come from? YES! do we think we are better then everyone else? NO! Texans love our history. if you dont know about it, you should read up. what makes texas special is that we have basically been under rule of six different countries, Spain, France, Mexico, Republic of Texas, Confederate States, and the United States. read about the battle of san jacinto, the alamo, etc.
heres another link
www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2008/03/27/MNIVVQVFT.DTL

out of all the people who moved to another state in the united states, 16% moved to texas. another article i read said texas grew by 500,000 in 2007.

www.50states.com...

here are a few of the more interesting facts about texas

More wool comes from the state of Texas than any other state in the United States

The state was an independent nation from 1836 to 1845

Austin is considered the live music capital of the world.

Texas is home to Dell and Compaq computers and central Texas is often referred to as the Silicon Valley of the south.

Dr Pepper was invented in Waco in 1885. The Dublin Dr Pepper, 85 miles west of Waco, still uses pure imperial cane sugar in its product

The first suspension bridge in the United States was the Waco Bridge

The capitol in Austin opened May 16, 1888. The dome of the building stands seven feet higher than that of the nation's Capitol in Washington, D.C.

Texas comes from the Hasinai Indian word tejas meaning friends or allies.

Texas includes 267,339 square miles, or 7.4% of the nation's total area.

More land is farmed in Texas than in any other state.

The first word spoken from the moon on July 20, 1969 was Houston.

The Dallas-Fort Worth area has more residents - 5,221,801 - than 31 U.S. states. For example, Arizona has about 5.1 million residents.

Texas' largest county is Brewster with 6,208 square miles. Connecticut (5,544 Sq Mi), Delaware (2,489 Sq Mi) and Rhode Island (1,545 Sq Mi) can fit inside this county.

Texas has 90 mountains a mile or more high, with Guadalupe Peak in West Texas at 8,751 feet being the tallest.

Almost 10% of Texas is covered by forest which includes four national and five state forests.

Possessing enormous natural resources, Texas is a major agricultural state and an industrial giant. Second only to Alaska in land area, it leads all other states in such categories as oil, cattle, sheep, and cotton. Texas ranches and farms also produce poultry and eggs, dairy products, greenhouse and nursery products, wheat, hay, rice, sugar cane, and peanuts, and a variety of fruits and vegetables.

Sulfur, salt, helium, asphalt, graphite, bromine, natural gas, cement, and clays are among the state's valuable resources. Chemicals, oil refining, food processing, machinery, and transportation equipment are among the major Texas manufacturing industries.

Millions of tourists spend well over $44 billion annually visiting more than 100 state parks, recreation areas, and points of interest such as the Gulf Coast resort area, the Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center in Houston, the Alamo in San Antonio, the state capital in Austin, and the Big Bend and Guadalupe Mountains National Park.

Texas produces more fuel, including petroleum and natural gas, than any other state.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
cache.virtualtourist.com... pic of austin! now that's purty!!

www.greenlegacy.net... one of our natural spring holes in the middle of austin AND women can sunbathe their WHOLE upper half!

[edit on 12-7-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
And just for good measure . . .

if you want our resources:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

That was sweet Alxandro the op probably a loser sooner

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
^^

When I lived in Dallas, this was the running joke:

What is the best thing to come out of Oklahoma?

Southbound I-75

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
as a very proud 6th generation texan i beg you, please kick us out.

the republic of texas would prosper beyond belief. 2 of our biggest "exports" would be oil and defense, and nothing is more profitable. many businesses have relocated to texas because of our pro business attitudes, and being relieved of the multitude of problems that drag businesses down in the u.s. would only increase this trend.

the fact that you started this trend indicates to me that even though you appear to have lived in texas, you have no idea the impact texas has on the u.s. economy.

i served my country, and i am a proud american. however, i am more proud to be a texan than an american, and many of my fellow statesmen feel the same way. texans are more proud of their state than anyone else, just meet a few and you will know that. god bless sam houston, the alamo, the lone star, and texas

p.s. the u.s. can keep dallas, the most un-texan city in texas

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zoso28

Actually, they only part that is un-Texan is the northern part (Highland Park area).

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx
reply to post by zoso28

scroll up a bit you two and read what the blue in our flag stands for.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Partner , You speak of Texans loving the history of their state. It is a very colorful history but the people that fought the so called revolution were far from being patriots. Most were swindlers, freebooters and slave traders. If you saw the movies about the battle of the Alamo ,you might have noticed the Mexican flag that was flown by the Norte Americanos. It was the 1821 flag of the Mexican Revolution. Santa Ana was a counter revolutionary General employed by the Spanish government and the whole country of Mexico including Aztlan was at war against him. He was not the ruler of Mexico and didn't have authority to forfeit any land to Sam Houston. Read "DUEL of EAGLES" by Jeff Long it is very enlightening about the early Texicans and the mercenaries that brought about what is now called Texas.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx
reply to post by zoso28

Actually, they only part that is un-Texan is the northern part (Highland Park area).

UGH! I freakin' hate Highland Park kiddies!

To the OP to sum it up, Texas>You

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join