It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with my dog

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Zezima

My money is on a mouse, insect, or perhaps frog.

If none of the above I think he might want more attention off you than you give your computer perhaps?

Love

Z

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
ears pulled back & down is more of a submission gesture. mine does that whenever she sees me again & then she'd lick me to death.

i would think if a dog sees or hears something she doesn't like, her ears might be more pricked & forward in an alert stance.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I have 3 dogs and they have been acting odd the past month or so as well. I wonder if they are sensing something that we need to be concerned about.

In my case, I am having trouble getting my dogs to go out in the backyard. They used to love to run around back there and I would have a tough time getting them IN! One of my dogs actually had an 'accident' in the house for the first time just because she didnt want to go out there and couldnt hold it any longer.... now I have gotten to the point where I have to ocassionally walk them just to make sure they take care of business. For some reason, going out the front door doesnt bother them, its just going out the back. Now I have noticed that there is a variety of odd smells I pick up at different times when I go out in the back yard and if I am smelling it... they are hound dogs lol. Anyways, one of the smells is a very sweet smell and sometimes I pick up a sort of burning type of smell.

Then I wonder if they are merely picking up my concerns about the backyard?? just thought of that. Last night they were laying on the bed with me (all lights out, late) and without moving, while laying down, the one closest to me started growling... didnt pick up his head or anything... just layed there and emitted a low growl.... weird stuff in my book.

I would love to hear if anyone elses pets are acting oddly lately. Thanks for the post! Will keep an eye on this thread.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SleeplessInUS

I would be sleeplessinUS if that happened to me! Dogs can smell and hear things before we can. If your dog growled, I think it knew something was getting closer and knew exactly what is was. Dogs are intelligent animals. I use to have a dog that could smell the scent of one person she didn't like a half mile down the road before they got here. She would growl and start looking towards the driveway! If I were you, I would take the growling seriously and assume something is outside close enough for your dogs to pick up their scent. You said they don't like going out back anymore, so there is something going on back there. Are you in the country or in a neighborhood?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by imysbbad

... I would take the growling seriously and assume something is outside close enough for your dogs to pick up their scent. You said they don't like going out back anymore, so there is something going on back there. Are you in the country or in a neighborhood?

I suppose in some people's terms I would be living in the country although I live in a subdivision. My house backs up to a large piece of propery (woods) that I'm sure someone owns but im not sure anyone lives on it actually. My bedrooms is against the front of the house though and I thought that was the focus of the growl but like I said, he didnt even raise his head so I really dont know... that was only an impression of direction. He is extremely protective of me so I particularly pay attention to him when it comes to these things.

I definately dont want to 'hijack' the thread from the OP
would like to hear about more pets acting odd currently. Also any updates from the OP on his occurances!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
reply to post by Zezima

My money is on a mouse, insect, or perhaps frog.

If none of the above I think he might want more attention off you than you give your computer perhaps?

Love

Z

We have a frog that lives in our pond, but thats on the other side of the house. Also we might have mice, but they are under the porch. And I thought about insects also, but the problem with that is we have a huge window in our kitchen that the blinds are always left up, so all the insects fly into the window trying to get out, and you can hear them really loudly. As to the attention issue, it happens even when I'm not on the computer (which is a minimal amount of time anyway). A couples of times I've been playing with him and he suddenly does it. You are probably right though and it might not be anything to get worried about.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I just got home from work so I haven't had the chance to see if he is still doing it. Last night I was in the kitchen by myself and he started staring at the corner of the room, so I took some pictures but I didn't see anything.
I'll post if he does it any tonight.

Sleepless: My dog has been doing the opposite: He's been going outside more than usual lately. I don't know if it's because he's aging and he has prostate issues, but it's still pretty odd.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I realize this thread has long since died, but yesterday, I was on the couch watching basketball. I looked up and saw my dog standing half in the kitchen entry-way. I waited for around 15 seconds to see if he would stop, but he didn't. So I grabbed my video camera, and recorded. Midway through, there is a dog barking in a neigbhor's yard, but it wasn't before when I first noticed my dog staring. Warning: Our laundry room is a mess

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I have one hallway and a bathroom my dog absolutely refuses to go into unless forced. He has no reason to fear these areas... but he'll go so far down that hall way and just refuse to go further... as if there is some invisible line he will not cross. There are only two things that'll keep my pup away from my side while in the house... if he's eating... in which case nothing else exists besides food... or I venture down that hallway further than he is willing to go. I just don't get it.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Zezima

Aww he's a beautiful old boy. OK this is interesting, I went and saw a vibrational Therapist (which is an amazing experience btw) about a year ago, and decided to go back for a check to make sure everything was still good (it is
) ...

Anyway this time I asked if they did dogs, to which they said sure. I thought this may be interesting and beneficial to my old girl who also seems to be sitting in a certain place, at a certain time, and well, the only way I can describe it is she is in some council meeting, and looks like she is conversing with other dogs or people (?!) that aint there.

So after the therapist did her readings and levels, I asked him about this. He replied that my dog is seeing parallel universes, explaining her actions. And it made sense to me, perhaps as they get older and into the transition of passing on, they start to pick up the frequency of that 'next stage'.

As seeing your beautiful mate is getting on, perhaps this is what he is seeing, and it's kind of comforting to know that if they go... they go to the next plane of existence, eventually we will meet them there again!

wZn

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Zezima

Grab your Silver Sickle(b) - operate it - and see if a ghast pops out!

I had to say it!

All kidding aside, how about checking your dogs ears? Maybe he's loosing a bit of his hearing?

That or something is making a really high pitched sound only dogs can hear?

Good Luck with him!

*P*E*A*C*E

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I think animals sense and see things we can not. I had one cat that would play with absolutely nothing that we could see, but she could. There is alot of spirit activity in our house and I'm so used to it, it doesn't even bother me. My dog will do the same sort of thing as well. For the last month or so she doesn't want to go out either. I know that was posted months ago, but this is something she started 5 or 6 weeks ago. We have lived here for years and nothing has changed, but you either have to force her out the door or go with her.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Ah, another RS player?
Well, Chewie turned 9 in July, so I wouldn't be suprised if his hearing is starting to go. However, he went to the vet for a full check-up a couple of months ago, and the vets said he was in really good condition for a dog his age. I really don't know about the whole situation.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Zezima

Ok this is a good time of year to try this then.
get some tinsel and some scotch tape.
Tape loads of this to the ceiling 5-6 inches apart in the two rooms you (or your dog) has questions about.
Then you can sit back and watch the air currents moving through the tinsel and see if it corresponds with your dogs attention in that area.
But the best part is - is it a draft, or *something else*?
Good Luck

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'll get right on that. Luckily we have 2 unused packs on tinsel sitting in our closet

[edit on 15-12-2008 by Zezima]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zezima

The ghasts keep eating my monkfish on the way to the barrows.

Well i guess i should add something. One time our dog was starring pretty hard in our grandmas basement. This was not too long after she had died. She never did like the dogs being over at her house, but she was amusing in her Italian ways about the dogs being there. Not that she was ever mean to them, just kind of an "Eek! Get off my furniture!"

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

vets said he was in really good condition for a dog his age
reply to post by Zezima

Normal dogs like Chewy do have changes in behavior later in life. Things to consider are the normal aging changes. Old dogs think and act different, sometimes they become more paranoid, hesitant, reactive, nervous, human dependant. I have a 14 plus year old and he has been changing since he was 11 and the changes haven't been positive. Sometimes it's enough to know and expect that there will be changes.

Low levels of epilepsy will make a dog act strange. There's no way of knowing if he has epilepsy till he has a full blown seizure. Even then it isn't real serious and can be controled.

Dogs hear, feal and sense things we don't or can't. They can probably smell and hear a hundred times better than we can when young.

Just enjoy your dog. He's and interesting one!

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I found this post by googling my dogs issues. Started last Sunday 1/4. I have a 3 1/2 year old Bichon who all of a sudden got extremely spooked. It happend at the park where he has played for years. He stopped, looked up in the sky and started shaking in complete fear. We took him to the vet because the fear kept coming and going even inside the house, he kept staring out the window up at the sky and shaking. The vet checked his ears, full eye exam, and blood work all came back excellent. They are baffled, don't think it's seizures because he is so alert. I had to get him a dose Rescue Remedy because he is so aggitated, again staring up at the sky and barking, running over to me like I should do something about it (kinda like Lassie, when Timmy fell into the well). I can't pinpoint the cause, it's kind of scary. I guess it could be a Neurological issue, but it came on so fast and he really seems like he's seeing, feeling or hearing something. It's just weird.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Well this is the biggest post gravedigging I've ever done
. I've been preoccupied with other stuff for a while (massive school workload being high on the list); nevertheless, I have been keeping an eye on Chewie. His behavior has remained the same. I will be watching tv and look up to notice him standing in the doorway with perked ears staring down our kitchen. There's never anything out of the ordinary when I check. Spring break is coming up, so the teachers are being lenient with homework, so I will be making an effort to keep this thread up-to-date.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join