It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Iran PhotoShop This Photo?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Here's one explanation, of course MSM.

Mark Fitzpatrick, Senior Fellow at the International Institute of Strategic Studies, thinks they are. "It's ironic - Iran launches these missile tests to demonstrate might, and instead what they demonstrate is foolishness."

While responsibility for altered version remains unclear, Mr Fitzpatrick believes it is less likely to be a high-level government conspiracy than a case of an overzealous official trying to hide mistakes on the ground. "They got orders to show the world their strength, something went wrong and they tried to cover it up."

So no one is blaming the news agency's at all, not even a whisper, apart from some on this site.(Flice) Thanks for all your input.

Source.

Also dont know if anyone noticed, but this is from another thread, regarding the supposed 2nd day of missile test's, which the US Government said never happened.

Again more lies.

The picture below was released 2 years ago!
The 2nd photo, supposedly of the launch on thurs, they are from the same event, just used again 2 years later????

Originally posted by Denied

Originally posted by sos37
reply to post by Keyhole

Here are the similarities you are referring to:

The clouds match too, different shading but im pretty sure they match.

From this thread, credit goes to the posters on that thread.

And mainly Keyhole who spotted this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here is the original article with old photo.

vwt.d2g.com:8081...

[edit on 11-7-2008 by Denied]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

Originally posted by flice
reply to post by jsobecky

I repeat... WHY did Sepah sell an touched image to AFP but an untouched image to AP. The answer is that they didn't.... they only sold untouched images.
AP did NOT use the photoshopped image at any time or website affiliated with them UNTIL the trick was discovered.

All we're left with is statements from those who want to cover this up saying that the photoshopped image was on the Sepah website, but is now gone... how convinient. They can prove that what they are saying is true and we can't prove that they are lying.... apart from the fact, that AP had an untouched image and AFP had a retouched.
[edit on 10/7/08 by flice]

What possible motive could AFP or AP have for altering the photos?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I already explained that... god, why does noone read.

First of all... AP did NOT retouch the photo... nor did they print the retouched photo.

The only time that a retouched print showed up, was after it had been through AFP.
It doesn't matter that state department or AFP says that the print was on the Sepah site and that it was retouched there. That's like me saying
" I saw images of jsobecky jerking off a giraf on some website... but, #, I can't prove it, since they took the images down. But I swear!! I saw it!!!"

Please go back to my earlier posts as I in detail describe why AFP would do this.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Please go back to my earlier posts as I in detail describe why AFP would do this.

For aesthetic reasons right?

Surely that was a dumb idea, as a very poor job done, and what about all the 3 missile photos out, did they think noone would notice, why would anyone whoever did this be so dumb as to make such a poor job of it, and not realize people would notice, unless we are ment to?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Denied

About that set of photos. Yep, they sure are the same, I can agree to that.

But I also explained this earlier. Have none of you ever seen reusage of photos for the purpose of illustration?
Just look at the reprints of funny or unfortunate Bush photos. If they fit the article they get printed again.
If you're writing an article about vans and you already have a nice image of a van from 2 years ago, you're probably going to reuse that instead of spending the money buying a new one.
News agencies have a stock library, and why wouldn't they do a reprint of that missile shot to save money? Again... prove that Sepah sold that image to them again and that they didn't just dig it out of their own library themselves.

Reprints saves money, and if noone notices then all is good.
Unfortunately someone did and where does the finger go? Iran....

Again... you don't go out and buy a shot that you already have in your image library, except if you're a freaking retard.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
why would anyone whoever did this be so dumb as to make such a poor job of it, and not realize people would notice, unless we are ment to?

Exactly... that's another good way to view it. That can boil back to making Iran look like idiots for the sake of propaganda, or it could be to enjoy that double benefit I spoke of earlier... selling the same uninteresting story just a bit more interesting.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
This made the national news here in Australia, if only briefly.
They said Iran fudged the images. Not sure of their source.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

hehe, yeah, same thing in Denmark.

And their source... eachother / themselves. None of them have presented proof other than the good old "the more that believes the lie the merrier and the more true it becomes".
Not a single one of them have tangible evidence.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
This whole affair if it was for a "See all of our missles fired" or a "Lets scare the public into thinking that there is a threat" is just way to funny...As far as going to the lengths of photoshopping this type of photo...A bad job at that to..

The funniest part is that big hill....Whats great is they just took part of another hill and fudged it in.....It may have been pointed out but another flaw in their photo....In this example "B" shows the smoke and the little hill...."A" shows that same smoke and the hill where it has been blended into the sand...The top photo shows the spot where this is in the original...
img151.imageshack.us...

I laughed hard on this photo..

[edit on 11-7-2008 by CFandM]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Ive found some sort of response from AFP.

An editor who transmitted an apparently doctored photo of an Iranian missile test published around the world said Thursday the gaffe shows that news organizations must be careful about using government handouts.

"It's a debate we have to have," said Patrick Baz, Middle East photo editor in Cyprus for AFP, which distributed the photo. "Technology is going so fast, it's 'Who can you trust?' "

But in the same article take a look at this.

Mohammad Mohammadi, spokesman for Iran's United Nations mission in New York, said there was no reason to think the photo was altered. He noted both versions are on Sepah's website. He did not explain why.

"The important thing," Mohammadi said, "was the message of these tests" that shows Iran can defend itself.

A man with an agenda.

Source.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
forgive the poor quality of the photo, but it's a screen grab off the BBC newcast. When they show them throwing down the three IRANIAN newspapers, if you look at the first on, pictured below, you'll notice the photoshop job, again not the best quality, but by now we all know what the fake picture looks like.

So I think this puts to rest that it was someone other than Iran itself who was behind this deception, for whatever means. Whether to instill more fear, or to cover up a failed launch.

sorry for all the edits, it keeps sharing all my photobucket photos, with the link I'm trying to provide

Here this should work better, used a different host.

onfinite.com...

[edit on 11-7-2008 by Nola213]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
with such elite photoshopping skills, its just a matter of time before suddam hussain is reincarnated.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

I already explained that... god, why does noone read.

:

You mean this?

5. AFP shopoed the image. They did this to make it look better, so it would sell more / simply get the double benefit from a shopped image (I'll explain this last).
A. Bingo! Very plausible explanation. AFP are photo lovers. Amongst having writing reporters the survive on a huge news stockphoto service. They are photographers. They appreciate a good and beautiful image. That's why when they saw what Sepah had to offer them from the show, they just had to fix it up a bit. Why? It's more beautiful... even I can see that. Forget what it's of... look at shapes, numbers of objects, the way they are placed. It's so basic aesthetic photography that it reeks of, wanting to be the best in the top.
The photoshopped image.... looks... nicer. It is more pleasing to the eye. Boring but true.

AFP obviously has/had the trust of Sepah in order for Sepah to give them the sole copy of the photos.

AFP is going to jeapordize this relationship, and risk invoking the ire of Iran, because of what....a prettier photo?

You gotta be joking.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Let's enjoy the bad bad photoshopping of the Iranian's. This is a good one.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by observer]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
lmao @ the post above.

Flice hit the nail on the head here I reckon

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by cleggy88

Originally posted by cleggy88
lmao @ the post above.

Flice hit the nail on the head here I reckon

So you agree with him that AFP edited the photo in order to make it "prettier"?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Spurred by reading this thread last nite, I set out to find the Sepah website for myself. I found a bunch of Iranian government websites, but nothing for Sepah. Has anyone else found it? Does it really and truly exits?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Listen... mate... it's not like you brought anything to the table other than repeating what the MSM has said and agreed on amongst themselves.

No proof has been presented by the MSM or the state department other than statements they can't even back up with hard fact.

Other the other side of the table, we have all the websites who posted the first story through AFP showing photoshopped images.
AND all the websites who posted a story through AP has a clean photo.

By the way... you still haven't... none of you have, a reasonable answer as to why Sepah would put out 1 retouched out wednesday, and then present a clean photo thursday...
Keep in mind that this was not only photographed but also filmed at the same time.

So pack all that patriotic bull#e away and look at this case objectively instead. Crist... I wouldn't want you preciding as judge in a courtroom.

"# this mayn... I made up my mind. It's the bad guys that are bad... we can always trust the MSM"

I'm done with this thread... all the questions that you're parroting have already been answered.

Final word: There... is... no... evidence, from neither the MSM or and military cooks that Sepah did this... none.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'm hope the photoshopped one is heading my way!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

Sorry, mate...given Iran's past history of using photoshopped pictures, the questionable chain of custody of the AP photos, Iran's history of using old photos to depict a new event...

add to that their very paranoid nature, and fear of revealing a weakness because of a misfired missile...

it's 99.9% likely that Sepah altered the photos.

All you have, otoh, is some weird theory about AFP wanting pretty pictures.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join