It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Iran PhotoShop This Photo?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Denied

Yes, no. 5 is confirmed by this. Both images came from Sepah yes. Sepah works for the Iranian guard. BUT >> one image is retouched, one is not. And both came from Sepah, BUT

>> the touched image passed through the ranks of AFP before hitting the media

>> the unretouched image went through AP before hitting the media

Please all, read my posts carefully. It's beginning to seem like you're all focusing more on the fact of where the photos came from rather than who they went through and how they ended up looking.

Here's another way of saying it:

Photo 1: Sepah takes the shots> Chooses a batch of favourites, hence the different times of exposure in the two images > Hands it to AFP > AFP does their magic and the poor news agents who use them print a photoshopped image

Photo 2: Sepah takes the shots > Chooses a batch of favourites, hence the different times of exposure in the two images > Hands it to AP > AP doesn't do anything other than crop it as they wish > the lucky news agents buy this image and end up with the real deal

Photo 1: Was sent out yesterday

Photo 2: Was sent out today

EDIT:

To say it short. We're not being dragged around by the Iranians but by AFP. The MSM isn't building this story that they are reporting themselves, they are reporting it as AFP was the first to do. AFP had no choice than to be the first to point the finger as it was them who crashed and burned here.
But since we're all "westerners" here it's more fitting to support the westernes and their lies than go in and say, "Hey AFP... we're not buying that crap. We know you did this!" In the end, not only AFP is looking bad here, but every single news agent that put their shopped image is looking bad for not seeing this themselves before buying.

[edit on 10/7/08 by flice]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
CNN seems a little slow. I just saw them talk about this for the first time a few minutes ago.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Curious_Agnostic

I just wrote them, asking if they would care to rethink all this mess that AFP has created before digging in too deep.
They'll probably bury it along with the other ramblers :S

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
It seems in this other thread regarding the launch that never happened in Iran today, also has been photoshopped from a photo taken two years earlier.

Page two it gets picked up.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Denied]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Denied

Haha, ok, now it's getting fun... the spin on this is awesome! xD

That shot from the other angle, I totally agree that it's a reprint. But reprint is not the same as photoshopping. Reprinting is done a lot to serve as a description accompanying a text. It's common to reuse images if they are good. That's why if you have seen a evil looking picture of Bush it might appear again later on because the text it accompanies is about him being evil.
Apart from that... AP already bought that image from the other angle in 2007. They already had that image in their image bank. So it's not like they are gonna go to Sepah and say "can we have more images?" They can just pull it out and print it as they wish...

Good, on to the next point. That story about them lying about how many missiles were fired is spin spin spin. Unlike images, you can say that someone said whatever and get away with it... how are you going to prove that the Iranians actually told the media that they were firing more than they were? How can you prove they didn't?
Comfortable...

So they post a statement about Iran lying, and then they move on to chain it together with the AFP retouched photos making the lie even bigger.

The following is BS:

The U.S. official, who has access to U.S. intelligence, says one version of a news agency photo appears to show one of the smaller missiles -- an older SA-2 that either failed to launch or was not fired for some other reason -- still on its launcher as three other missiles streak into the Iranian sky. But in another version of the picture released by the official Iranian news agency, the launcher is obscured by a fourth missile and a cloud of dust, which appears to be a digital composite of two other missiles in the picture.

Source

and why is it BS? Because they way they write it: "one version of a news agency photo appears to show one of the smaller missiles........But in another version of the picture released by the official Iranian news agency"

They simply refuse to realise that both images were from "the official Iranian news agency" BOTH
not just one... BOTH.

So we're back to: Why only photoshop one image and not photoshop the other image when you know they are both being sold to the western media?

In other words, I was too late at writing CNN. They already agreed to follow the lie.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Time for a recap again... the two threads are fighting each other.

- The images originally posted by Denied are a case of photoshop vs. the real deal

- The images from the other thread goes under the category "reprint".

When a news agency buys up images they buy the rights for them, ie. they stuff them in their little image bank and there they sit till needed.
The images from the other thread are shown to have been used at least in 2007. BUT you can't blame Sepah for those images being printed again... unfortunately I though AP was clean, but they are the ones to blame for the reprint. They already had the pictures. No need and no reason to buy them again from Sepah.

The way it's being spun now is you state a lie that Sepah sold you the same image 1-2 years apart. Sepah can't disprove it, who's going to believe them?
So that's lie number 1.
Lie number 2 was more or less forced upon AFP because they couldn't resist enhancing the photos. But hey... let's point at Iran AND now refer to lie number 1 which through other agencies refer back to lie number 2...

Around around we go. They are spinning our heads like crazy and if you hadn't picked this up as soon as you did Denied AFP would have succeed in living and selling this lie.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

The tests -- or Tehran's effort to convince the world it was testing -- represent Iran's response to what it perceives as threats from the United States and Israel. They also dramatize the ongoing saber-rattling between Israel and Iran.

Source

This is laughable too xD

Again, if they wanted to deceive the west, they would had done right and only have sold retouched images, not some retouched and some not.
And then even if they did, there would be no drama, since the drama does NOT occur till we have something to compare the photoshopped image too.

If you only saw the image with 3 missiles, you would probably think "oh... 3 missiles".
If you only saw the image with 4 missiles, you would probably think "oh... 4 missiles" not "Oh my go! 4 missiles!!"
It simply does not matter till you have something to compare it to.

So who is dramatizing here.... Iran... or the MSM?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack
Ok, I just saw that some news agencies are say there's some Iranian news agency called "Sepah News" that released the tampered photo, however I cannot find this news agency why would that be?
However Fox News says that the photo came from AFP, but I cannot find it on AFP's site, did they take it down?

-Jimmy

Sepah News is the media wing of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard. They are the ones who released the photos to the press.

There is no motive for anyone but Iran to photoshop the photos. They had a misfire and because of their paranoid personality, needed to save face.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Check this out. Props to the original poster:

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Denied

maybe the title of the topic should be did someone photoshop it. could have been iran. could also have been foxnews, the see-eye-a, or the whitehouse.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
On the iranian photo there is only 3 missiles.. obviously someone in USA is anxious to go get public approval to start another war

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Check this out. Props to the original poster:

news.yahoo.com...

Wow, I should have waited and looked closer. Enhanced news it appears. Thanks for the link to the real story.

The source of the enhanced version should not be trusted in the future.

That answers all the questions. Sepah altered the photo before release.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenflt

You really should read the article a couple of posts above yours.

I don't think the US Gov. has any influence over the AP or what the Iranians release

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Denied

You need to get out more! There have been several videos of the launches, try faking them?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

hehe... ok, why isn't yahoo at least linking to the Sepah site? Did any of you see the photoshopped image on the Sepah site?
Previous statements accompanying photos from AP stated that they didn't get any images till thursday, and the one they got was the untouched one.

When state department and MSM claims that the shopped image appeared on the Sepah site first and then was changed they better show some bloody proof. Simply stating that it is so is not enough. Especially not when previous links have all shown AP producing an untouched photo BEFORE it was discovered and AFP produced only a photoshopped image.

What this is, is MSM cleaning up their own mess.

Again... WHY would Sepah sell a touched image wednesday to AFP and then an untouched image to AP the next???

What more is, regardless of what that link states... AP did NOT use the photoshopped image anywhere on any of the news sites that brought the story via them BEFORE the trick was discovered.
AFP was......

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I repeat... WHY did Sepah sell an touched image to AFP but an untouched image to AP. The answer is that they didn't.... they only sold untouched images.
AP did NOT use the photoshopped image at any time or website affiliated with them UNTIL the trick was discovered.

All we're left with is statements from those who want to cover this up saying that the photoshopped image was on the Sepah website, but is now gone... how convinient. They can prove that what they are saying is true and we can't prove that they are lying.... apart from the fact, that AP had an untouched image and AFP had a retouched.

Again... statements... no proof.

The tail is wagging the dog.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
BS-the photoshopped images came from Irans official news agency. WHy did they submit photoshopped images? Because some of their missles are DUDS thats why LOL.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Yes... BOTH images, the untouched and the retouched image came from their news agency, Sepah. But the two different images went through different news stock agencies before hitting the streets.

Can you prove that the retouched image was retouched when AFP bought it?

Also, why deliver 1 image retouched and the other unretouched? It defeats the point.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This seems to be the best info we will probably see-

Source AP Article

The image, posted Wednesday on a Web site owned by Iran's Revolutionary Guards, showed four missiles moments after launch, leaving trails of glowing exhaust and clouds of billowing brown dust...

...The photo on the Sepah News site was replaced Thursday with an image showing three missiles — which appear to be the same as the earlier photo. In place of the fourth missile, however, the photo showed one still on the ground in its launch position and what appears to be a vehicle nearby.

That photo was used by the AP Thursday, and later the apparently altered photo was added for purposes of comparison. The image with four launches was taken off the Sepah site's main news page, but both photos were on its archive Thursday.

Since the doctored photo was posted by the Revolutionary Guard on their site first, it would seem the dastardly deed was done by the Iranians at some point? They would have had immediate access.

I think its just a screw up by an Iranian that was supposed to file 19 the real photo and fouled up?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Can ya show me the freakin' site? Please, can anyone show me this magical site?
What's that? You can't find it? The only place you can even get any info on it is in the news blog?

Hmm... Wonder why that is...

Oh wait, I know, it's cause IT DOES'NT FREAKIN' EXIST!!!

Seriously guys, I'd love to see a link to this mysterious/magical Sepah News site, not some MSM site talking about it, but the actual site. Where the flip is it guys? Can ya give me a link?

I can garrauntee you.

Even if it did, can you PROVE (not quote some BS MSM news source) that they had the doctored photo on there? No, you can't, the MSM makes sure of that.

Back up your claims of his site, give me a link to the Sepah News site, not some BS news group talking about it, but the ACTUAL SITE!

Drink your Kool-Aid, go back to sleep, nothing to see here.

-Jimmy

[edit on 10-7-2008 by jimmyjackblack]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join