It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Iran PhotoShop This Photo?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Saturday, March 19, 2005

The Loneliness of the Long Distance Thinker
Current mood: Non-Existant

Reality…time. What was I running away from, a past I knew I had to play out. I knew everything had to be done perfectly for me to finally understand the riddle of sleep. If you knew you whole life has been nothing but a dream with you at center stage. How could you free yourself how can you free your mind. I knew things…ideas mostly gathering round my mind. Then a thought…how do you save a soul…how do you trap a soul? What is saving…I knew of states…off and on. Light and Dark, the known…and the known unknown. Where was the soul then…where is the soul? I knew then that we existed somewhere in between…in a nonexistent place…somewhere within the half-light of the universe…somewhere where reality and fantasy intermingles to create the cosmic dance of destruction and creation. I suppose only in dreams can one imagine these things and see them play out before you. I knew I was living in a dream, too many good things happening to me. I could have lived the rest of my life in comfort and have had everything handed to me. But these are just dreams, to make dreams happen you must first live in the real world. You have to be awake, wide-awake and aware. But to awaken…I must suppose from my own experience…you have to risk everything. You have to risk everything…everything…yesterday…today…and all of your tomorrows. I never feared death, never have and never will. I was an astronaut…far away sleeping a silent sleep…and at least my mind…at least my mind would be free. I knew of the “pathways” that they had to exist, if mankind goes forward with the technology, they will not invent…but converge upon an ancient technology left behind by another race. The human mind is complex…more complex than…well they will eventually decipher the “NETWORK” and realize that they are part of something grander than even they could ever imagine. Those humans who have broken through will become the first to understand what it means to live…live for real. And I think im beginning to understand. I altered my path, took chance tears and bend…if what I know to be true turns out to be true in time. Oh…the stars shine so bright for those who can see the beyond…the “SYSTEM” in which this is all connected…it is madness…it is insanity…There is a light at the end of the tunnel…it feels…nice. Someday…hundreds of years after this incarnation has died…I will wake up from my cold sleep chamber…and wonder…and know who I was in that dream world…that I had live and died by my own will. Even then I would have found my writing …true…from archives from long ago. I will watch out into world far away and distant…and I will be who I am now…now and then…here and after…I smile when I think of this…to have closed the door to one world…a very small world…a closed world…and opened the next…and walked through. Strange now are the constant days…I relish each day…and with this new found…no…reawakened sense of awareness I always knew I had but never used…where there is a will there is a way…I know now what those words mean.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kalki Maitreya

Um, ok...
I think you posted this in the wrong section, if you didn't, then can you please stay on topic, what you just said has nothing to do with anything other than a phylisophical viewpoint, not the photo, it's origins or anything remotly close to what the subject is about.

(Sorry to be so snappy, I'm just a little tired and cranky, I have an inner-ear infection).

-Jimmy

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the image was photoshopped. Back in the day, propaganda films would be shown to show hatred for the country's enemy, or hatred for the Jews and how "filthy" they were during Nazi Germany in ww2.

Could we possibly see a new form of propaganda through...photoshop and editing images & videos?

I think so.

Also, (maybe someone already mentioned this) it is possible for the United States or Israel to edit the images to clearly show how much of a "threat" Iran is. Of course when simple minded American see the material, they'll freak and want us to wipe the enemy out.

Thoughts? EH? meh..

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Denied

Without having read the rest of this thread (I want to avoid political perspectives), yeah it is clearly a photoshop...

Good eye

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Yep it is Photoshoped but definately not by Iran, obviousely by the media because Iran has released videos and there is no need to photoshop an image from a video, I don't think they are that dum.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
At first I thought the reason they added extra smoke and another missile was just for affect. I mean does one more missile make the picture seem more sinister to us Americans? When i see the picture i say to myself "ok Iran is testing new missiles.... should i be concerned ?" Adding one more missile doesn't change my perspective .

The question is why? Its kind of stupid when you think about it. Are they trying to scare us ? "OH man 4 missiles!? thats outrageous... i wish it was only three." It doesn't scare me .

Maybe there trying to cover up the vehicle or device that is launching the missiles by adding more smoke. Knowing what launched the missile is just as important as the missile itself. But i doubt that.

This is interesting. It makes you wonder about the quality of the info we receive .

[edit on 11-7-2008 by Cgags10]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
This came directly from their official news agency. Apparently, they are that dumb LOL. Not surprising at all.

Originally posted by Ownification
Yep it is Photoshoped but definately not by Iran, obviousely by the media because Iran has released videos and there is no need to photoshop an image from a video, I don't think they are that dum.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
The photograph is photoshoped, I'm just curious who photoshoped it

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

The Sepah News site can be found at, er, sepahnews.com

www.sepahnews.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
has anyone taken a good look at those trucks on the ground? maybe there not iranian missile launchers, maybe everyone is looking at this from the wrong angle, such as something were not ment to see on the groud that has been blurred out.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
OP was 100 percent dead on.

Even MSNBC is saying it's photoshopped, now. Apparently, it was the Iranians that photoshopped it as it appeared in an Iranian Revolutionary Guard publication.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Like I wrote... thats a statement that helps the MSM wash their hands.
It's not proof... it's a statement, one they have to make. I haven't seen anyone either show that it is true that the image was on the Sepah doctored and I haven't heard anyone give a reasonable explanation to why Iran would put out one image one day and then another image the next day.... expect that you all can agree that you hate Iran.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Actually you're dumb Prince.... the picture came from their agency, yes. BUT like we've said soo many times now. The image went through various independent news agencies before going on websites and in newspapers.

Again it didn't go directly from Sepah to website... it went Sepah > AFP > Website.

Now show me proof that the image was doctored by Sepah. And no, you can't just qoute some text saying it is so, when that text doesn't prove anything, doesn't even have a link or whatever, AND is a text made by those who actually made the photoshopping > MSM

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MahNameABorat

And your proof of that is?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Sorry... I don't mean to be disrespectful. But it seems like a lot of people didn't read the entire thread.
There's continous rambling about the Iranians when I think that it's much more plausible that AFP were the ones to # around in the cake.

Time for people to go back and read the entire thread.
If not here's a recap, I don't expect you to read it as it seems you prefer believing in something that is easier to believe:

I previously put in some different links. They were for news stories that carried the photos as presented by the agency AP and there were links as carried by the agency AFP.... mind you, two different agencies:

- AFP
- AP

Every single AFP news story I read, before I was stupid enough to write to them and ask if it was common for them to photoshop their images, had 4 missiles in it.
Every single AP news story I found, had 3 missiles in it.
That brings up 1st question:
- Why only bother giving photoshop images to one agency?

The two images vary but not much. Go back, check my animated gif. It might be a bit fast (1 sec loop). I aligned the images so that the static environment is the same. This not only shows that it was the same camera for the two shots, but also lets us know that the two shots were taken ½ sec apart. Nothing interesting there to be honest. It's normal for news suppliers to release more photos of the same to give you a choice to select the one you like the most.

Then, why was the image photoshopped and by who? Several ideas come to mind. I'll start with the ones that are in my oppinion less likely and end with what I think was the silly deal.

1. They (read Iran) added the missile because the launch failed and didn't wanna look like a-holes.
A. No... why bother shopping that one image, which ONLY AFP got, and then don't care about, the other images, the live footage and then let AP use an untouched photo the day after. No... this is not the answer.

2. They added the 4th after having seen the photos and found that 4 looks more convincing and more evil and powerful than 3 missiles
A. That's a given no... Because no one would care. The whole "more convincing and more evil" only exists because of comparison. You always need a "than" when you have a "more" and if you only saw the photo with 4 missiles, then you wouldn't have anything to compare with, hence you wouldn't be more scared or care more.

3. You said it yourself, it's two different images!!!
A. Hehe yes, but if they could do a piss poor job on one image, you'd stick around and do it to the whole batch before sending it out for the agencies to choose.

4. The Iranians did this so to make AFP look like fools,
A. We need some motives for that. Again remember, only AFP are the ones to bring the shopped photo. AP didn't get duped.

5. AFP shopoed the image. They did this to make it look better, so it would sell more / simply get the double benefit from a shopped image (I'll explain this last).
A. Bingo! Very plausible explanation. AFP are photo lovers. Amongst having writing reporters the survive on a huge news stockphoto service. They are photographers. They appreciate a good and beautiful image. That's why when they saw what Sepah had to offer them from the show, they just had to fix it up a bit. Why? It's more beautiful... even I can see that. Forget what it's of... look at shapes, numbers of objects, the way they are placed. It's so basic aesthetic photography that it reeks of, wanting to be the best in the top.
The photoshopped image.... looks... nicer. It is more pleasing to the eye. Boring but true.

Now, what did I mean about "double benefit"? Well, from what I just said, AFP believed that the shopped version would be easierly sold as stock if touched up. After having said that, why do a pisspoor job? Photojournalists cannot go near photoshop. It's a nono. No excuses. So they probably had a halfass doing it with lack of experience.
OR... this is where it gets tricky. They did a piss poor job on purpose simply because they knew they would get caught, but fortunately for them, they are able to push the blame further down the line to Sepah, because Sepah isn't really in a position to defend themselves or call AFP liars.
So when AFP got caught, they point at Iran and the # hits the fan, "new" news story... they effectively sell the freaking image twice!! How about that for a sense of business... Suddenly AFP is sitting on a story large than the story itself, and we dig into it.

Recap:

- We have two images, shot ½ a sec apart.
- One image is shopped, clearly.
- Other image is not.
- ONLY AFP images are shopped..............
- AP images are not.
- The shopped imaged was reported to have been handed to AFP wednesday from Sepah
- AP got their image thursday from Sepah
- THEY BOTH GOT THEIR IMAGE FROM SEPAH

Ask yourself again... why hand a photoshopped image the first day, but then turn 180 on yourself and hand an unphotoshopped image the second day to a different agency.
Ask yourself again... why hand a photoshopped image the first day, but then turn 180 on yourself and hand an unphotoshopped image the second day to a different agency.

End comment... It may seem like I'm trying to defend Iran, or making the allied forces look like idiots here. But read again. I'm not making Iran better than they are. Not making someone look worse is not the same as making them look better......
I'm not bashing the allies. I've practically only once mentioned that they could be involved.
I am however questioning the ethics of AFP and how they sell "news". Questioning how they manage to stay on top of the game, where they claim to be award winners.
For the record I had no grudge with AFP till now. I love great news footage, but not when it comes at the consequence of ethics and truth.
You never ever touch up a news photo. Having said that... yes, I know that that happens. I think we were lucky to catch these guys in the act.

Most likely we'll never know the truth in all this. MSM has already bought the idea of Iran doing the touching. In a way that kinda soothes me. Shows they are every bit as blind as most people.

Ignorance is bliss, eh? Especially when it sells news.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   

The Sepah website is here: www.sepahnews.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Mudshark

Thanks... now we just need to see the proof of that image actually having been there photoshopped. Instead of just ramblings that it was...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
If we peel back enough layers in photoshop we get a guy in an old American pickup truck waving a flag and shooting off bottle rockets from July 4th

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

haha xD thanks.... I think that was called for. Thread was getting to tense

What we can't see on the footage of course is that the director of the CIA is dancing around behind camera, drunk as a skunk, waving his guns yelling "yipeee kayeeeh!"

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mudshark

The Sepah website is here: www.sepahnews.com...

Is there any way to translate that page, i highly doubt they would still have that photo up, but worth checking.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join