It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Iran PhotoShop This Photo?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I cant take credit for spotting these myself, i found this on the net, and apparently it hit the web a few hours ago, but well worth posting on ATS.

I believe there is a video of this event, i cant find it, but the image shown is strange and does look fishy.

Is this just to beef up the photo too look more impressive?
Or just the way it is, would the video show the same? Then no photoshop used....

Source.

Here's another photo of the missile tests by Iran, taken from fox news, the smoke clouds are all completely different.

**Please note this is a different picture, i just used it as an example to look at the smoke trail, the original photo to the above photo is posted further down.

It is the same launch taken from different angle, once again proving the above photo as photoshopped**

Source.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Denied]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I don't know much about missile launches, but this picture does appear to be suspect.

The odds of the debris trails being EXACTLY alike must be astronomical.

Even if the sequence is in unison, there would be too many factors at work to have both missiles leave the same combustion release.

Good find

Incidentally, I think you have way to much time on your hands

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
In this picture it only shows three, but is it the same picture?
Iran Missiles

Never mind you found that picture.

[edit on 7/10/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Are you sure, the two photos are from the same time? I saw the video on the news aswell, and in 1 photo, you have 4 rockets getting set off, but in photo No.2 it is shown that only 3 are getting set off.

Plus both of the photo's look like their from different days

reply to post by Denied

[edit on 24/12/2007 by JDN24]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Well that first picture is proof of some sort of photoshop.

But who photoshopped it? Iran or the media? haha

[edit on 10-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
In this picture it only shows three, but is it the same picture?
Iran Missiles

Well thats the same picture i got from fox news to use as an example, i wondered if the two could be the same, and missiles added after, but it is a completely different photo.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Good eye! I see what you are saying. The similarities you pointed out seem to be exact.

You must love and hate photoshop equally or it will destroy you!!!!!!

Seriously, nice find.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by JDN24
Are you sure, the two photos are from the same time?

[edit on 24/12/2007 by JDN24]

No they may well be not, i only used it as an example of what a missile test looks like, to see if any similarities.

And it is clear some think is not right with the main image i posted.

**Ps, i cant take credit for spotting these myself, i found this on the net, and apparently it hit the web a few hours ago, but well worth posting on ATS.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Ive found the original source for that very first image i posted.

www.daylife.com...

A news website with this written beside the photo.

1 day ago: In a handout picture released on the news website of Iran's Revolutionary Guards, four long and medium range missiles rise into the air after being test-fired at an undisclosed location in the Iranian desert on July 9, 2008. Iran today test-fired a missile it said is capable of reaching Israel, angering the United States amid growing fears that the standoff over the contested Iranian nuclear drive could lead to war.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Very nicely spotted... that photo is severely photoshopped!
Now we need to find out who did it. If it turns out to be a photo journalist then someones carreer is going down the tube.

But I guess with Iran's attitude, it's more likely that it was themselves that did it? I mean in regards to letting western reporters in etc.

EDIT: I tracked down the author and have send them an email inquiring why they would resort to bringing a photoshopped image in a news article.
On their website they hold the copyright to it... so either the bought the image of the Iranian military or they had a freelancer present at the launch, which could be explained by Iran wanted the publicity when flexing muscles.

[edit on 10/7/08 by flice]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I think ive found the original image, untouched.

The far right smoke is identical to the main image posted above, but obviously not everything is the same, is it the original image?

That on The telegraphs website.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

So who photo shopped it????

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Denied

Excellent find! It only thickens the plot a bit more. In your image, which we can agree on is probably the real one, AP holds the ownership.
So what happend along the line?
Clearly it doesn't make sense that the photographer would sell one image unretouched to AP and then one retouched to AFP, so.... maybe, still not pointing fingers, AFP are the culprits.

Haha... just looked at the two different images and I can almost see why they did it. The shot where the fourth missile hasn't been launched is less "beautiful" than the one with 4 missiles in the air. So they did what they thought was supposed to happen... BUT that doesn't make it right!
When reporting news, regardless of anticipation of being subjected to propaganda, reporters should always stick to the boring truth.
If caught they need to crash and burn... imo.
I hold a freelance membership amongst Danish journalists. Am I being too moral?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Denied

Those missiles still don't look right though ?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
reply to post by Denied

Those missiles still don't look right though ?

No but all three smoke trails match colour and are almost a match, im just not sure, im no photo shop expert, but i would think its easy to add a little smoke, not sure about the missiles, do you mean they dont match the first image posted?

I think and im not sure but in the first image posted, under the middle red outline, where the missile truck should be, it looks smudged...??

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Upon closer inspection it becomes more obvious...
The missile truck was probably in an unwanted position, so they took the top of the dirt mount on the right and placed it where the truck was. It's only just visible from the similar lines etc. in the mount.

EDIT: For clarification... the "Real" shot and the first image you posted are shot probably ½ sec from each other. So they are two different shots. Nevertheless is the one with four missiles heavily shopped.

I'm sitting with the images overlapped in PS right now. Another thing is that one of the images was even stretched or squeezed...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Denied

Its just the actual missiles that look wrong not the smoke or anything.....Have they been touched up to look like a new type of missile ?

Also i think the second pic "Denied" posted is the true original event .....Although the other pics are from a different standpoint of that event.

Does anyone else see that ?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
EDIT: For clarification... the "Real" shot and the first image you posted are shot probably ½ sec from each other. So they are two different shots. Nevertheless is the one with four missiles heavily shopped.

I'm sitting with the images overlapped in PS right now. Another thing is that one of the images was even stretched or squeezed...

could be 1/2 a second, meaning two different shots, or just one heavily tampered photo, also yes it seems the original image was larger as its been cropped in the supposed real image from the telegraph.

Strange...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Ok... I'll spell it out, (not meant offensively
)

Here's the deal:

The first image with 4 missiles is shot roughly ½ a sec later.
The image from the Daily Telegraph is shot first.

BUT...

in that ½ sec there's no way that the 3 missiles that already have been fired would travle so much less so the 4th missile could catch up with them. I think the 4th launch truck either didn't fire or fired after the 3 missiles left the view.

You already greatly spotted the retouched parts. They are spot on!

Reading from left to right, missile no. 3 doesn't exist.
It's tail is a smaller version of missile no. 2s tail.
It's dust cloud on the ground is a mix of missile no. 1 and 4.

The launch truck in the "real" image was covered up by baaad retouching (smudged) and then they placed the top of the dirt mount on the right where the truck was to begin with.

Regarding the question if it was two different cameras?
I guarantee... it is not. upon overlapping the images and stretching or squeezing one of them to the side ( ie. screwing the scale), everything in the two images line up perfectly. There's no doubt the two shots are from the same camera.

The composition is "prettier" but a hoax and a bad touch from an "award winning" news supplier.

Thanks for bring this up OP
It proves that we can't trust what news agencies bring us. Let the hunt begin, I doubt this is the first image the fooled around with.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Great find, Here is an animated GIF showing the difference:

-Kdial1

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Try this guys thought it might help

video.aol.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>