It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is worse, an Atheist, or a devil worshiper?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Religious people, this one is for you. What is worse, an Atheist, who rejects all the aspects of your religion, or a devil worshiper, that follows the ones who are evil in your religion? I have always wondered what the answer to this question could be, so what is your opinion?

[edit on 10-7-2008 by gen0cide]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
One person is not better or worse than another person based on their belief system. We all have the freedom of choice to believe whatever we wish.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Devil worshiper is probably worse especially if they have mal intent and plan on hurting others. The lonely arrogant atheist is disconnected and probably has no direct plans of hurting anyone.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Why do christians or any religion really have to judge others?Why do they have to be "worse"?Just as easy to let them do their own thing if they are not hurting anyone.I mean i could ask whose worse christians or muslims?Theres no answer to that and it just causes more conflict.
Live and let live my friend.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gen0cide

Re read your post."Religious people, this one is for you". Shoulda read a little more carefully.However i still feel it just invites a pointless circular debate.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by gen0cide
Religious people, this one is for you. What is worse, an Atheist, who rejects all the aspects of your religion, or a devil worshiper, that follows the ones who are evil in your religion? I have always wondered what the answer to this question could be, so what is your opinion?

GEN-- YOU HAVE "AND ATHEIST" IN THE TITLE SHOULD BE AN -GOOD POST

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Opps. Damn my typo ha.

Oh well, Nothing is certainly perfect, but I fixed it, thanks for the heads up.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by gen0cide]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Neither:

The pure of spirit and virtue, the rightious and noble defenders of the great one's will. They will be the death of us all.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I'm an Atheist and think that devil worshippers are as deluded as most God worshippers. But it's the act which one performs which defines a person, whether you beleive or not.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
When you turn your back on god, he soon will turn his back on you, then its too late. Devil worshipers still belive in god, but blastfeme the holy spirit, which is the unforgivable sin.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChilledVoodoo
When you turn your back on god, he soon will turn his back on you, then its too late. Devil worshipers still belive in god, but blastfeme the holy spirit, which is the unforgivable sin.

it looks like "god" the all mighty one turned his back on all of us!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
A religious zealot is much worse, they will kill in the name of their God, and be forgiven for it for doing Gods work.

The religious try not to sin because of being judged and being sent to hell.

The satanist will kill or sin to goto a higher level of hell and hopefully be given power.

The only thing that keeps a atheist from sinning is their own conscience.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Unsane

Well, as an Agnostic I feel that an Atheist is as deluded as a God worshipper or a Devil worshipper.
No human mind can claim to know for sure.

Apart from that I agree with you.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
The satanist will kill or sin to goto a higher level of hell and hopefully be given power.

Nitpick time. Satanists are not devil worshipers. They are two different things. It's like saying Christians and Muslims are the same.

Satanists are closer to atheists than anything, focusing on the here and now, and an individuals material wants and needs instead of focusing on the spirit and what comes in the after life.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This is to funny. The OP is actually equating Atheists to evil. No bias here. Nope none at all.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Interesting, a conflux of nuerons just gave me a realisation.

Satanism is essentially the western form of Atheism.

I'm surprised i never made that distinction earlier, so i'll have to thank tebyen for pointing out the similarities.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Oh, and "devil worshipping" isn't so bad, so long as you don't practice it.

All you're doing is giving praise to another of God's creations.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Devil worshipers, because they believe in and worship mythical beings. Although evil is such a subjective term, i don't really understand what you mean by this, what constitutes evil in your view?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
What about a fanatical religious manic....I'd say that worse

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gen0cide

gen0cide,

Atheists and Satan worshipers fall into the same category in the sight of God, as oppose to believers, these people belongs to the category of disbelievers, since both of them reject God, the former by denying God's existence and the latter by worshiping instead of God, Satan His enemy.

The Holy Quran has these to say of the fate of the disbelievers on the Day of Judgment.

039.009 Is he who payeth adoration in the watches of the night, prostrate and standing, bewaring of the Hereafter and hoping for the mercy of his Lord, (to be accounted equal with a disbeliever) ? Say (unto them, O Muhammad): Are those who know equal with those who know not ? But only men of understanding will pay heed.

7:179 Already have We urged unto hell many of the jinn and humankind, having hearts wherewith they understand not, and having eyes wherewith they see not, and having ears wherewith they hear not. These are as the cattle nay, but they are worse! These are the neglectful.

13:18 For those who answered Allah's call is bliss; and for those who answered not His call, if they had all that is in the earth, and therewith the like thereof, they would proffer it as ransom. Such will have a woeful reckoning, and their habitation will be hell, a dire abode.

023.117 He who crieth unto any other god along with Allah hath no proof thereof. His reckoning is only with his Lord. Lo! disbelievers will not be successful.

024.057 Think not that the disbelievers can escape in the land. Fire will be their home - a hapless journey's end!

033.064 Lo! Allah hath cursed the disbelievers, and hath prepared for them a flaming fire.

035.039 He it is Who hath made you regents in the earth; so he who disbelieveth, his disbelief be on his own head. Their disbelief increaseth for the disbelievers, in their Lord's sight, naught save abhorrence. Their disbelief increaseth for the disbelievers naught save loss.

19.083 Seest thou not that We have set the devils on the disbelievers to confound them with confusion ?

006.130 O ye assembly of the jinn and humankind! Came there not unto you messengers of your own who recounted unto you My tokens and warned you of the meeting of this your Day ? They will say: We testify against ourselves. And the life of the world beguiled them. And they testify against themselves that they were disbelievers.

009.068 Allah promiseth the hypocrites, both men and women, and the disbelievers fire of hell for their abode. It will suffice them. Allah curseth them, and theirs is lasting torment.

006.122 Is he who was dead and We have raised him unto life, and set for him a light wherein he walketh among men, as him whose similitude is in utter darkness whence he cannot emerge ? Thus is their conduct made fairseeming for the disbelievers.

002.161 Lo! Those who disbelieve, and die while they are disbelievers; on them is the curse of Allah and of angels and of men combined.

003.131 And ward off (from yourselves) the Fire prepared for disbelievers.

004.018 The forgiveness is not for those who do ill-deeds until, when death attendeth upon one of them, he saith: Lo! I repent now; nor yet for those who die while they are disbelievers. For such We have prepared a painful doom.

3:12 Say (O Muhammad) unto those who disbelieve: Ye shall be overcome and gathered unto hell, an evil resting place.

5:10 And they who disbelieve and deny Our revelations, such are rightful owners of hell.

4:97 Lo! as for those whom the angels take (in death) while they wrong themselves, (the angels) will ask: In what were ye engaged? They will say : We were oppressed in the land. (The angels) will say: Was not Allah's earth spacious that ye could have migrated therein? As for such, their habitation will be hell, an evil journey's end;

016.027 Then on the Day of Resurrection He will disgrace them and will say: Where are My partners, for whose sake ye opposed (My guidance) ? Those who have been given knowledge will say: Disgrace this day and evil are upon the disbelievers,

018.029 Say: (It is) the truth from the Lord of you (all). Then whosoever will, let him believe, and whosoever will, let him disbelieve. Lo! We have prepared for disbelievers Fire. Its tent encloseth them. If they ask for showers, they will be showered with water like to molten lead which burneth the faces. Calamitous the drink and ill the resting-place!

These are only a few of what God has detailed in the Holy Quran as the fate of the disbelievers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join