It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is worse, an Atheist, or a devil worshiper?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
What is worse, an Atheist, or a devil worshiper?

I don't know.....what's worse: a girl or a frog?
What's worse: a tree or an elephant?
A Christian or a Jew?
A blonde or someone missing a leg?
The old testament or ice cream?
Grey aliens or Big Foot?
A rock or a bicycle?
My grandmother or Kentucky Fried Chicken?
Tuesday or Grey's Anatomy?
The number 7 or eggs?
Being naked in public or cigarettes?

I'm glad I am here to resolve this.

1. Girl hands down, frogs just do their own thang.
  2. Elephant, they get too pissy, never seen a pissy tree.
  3. Christian, only because I've never had a jew tell me I'm on the path to hell.
  4. A Blonde, atleast a person with one leg can help me find my keys
  5. OT, cuz Ice Cream is pwn
  6. Greys, no probes for me kthx
  7. A rock, they can cause one to fall off said bike
  8. KFC, hands down, this was discussed in chat, they molest chickens, and its made of dog vomits... Says so on the bucket.
  9. Greys Anatomy; SO BORED.
  10. Eggs, they come from the cloaca just wtf is that all about?
  11. Cigs, if someone wants to pull their hooters out, go for it I say

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Lysergic]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMysticism

Then how can you justify saying ANYTHING, be it posative, or your obvious negative, about "devil worshippers"?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

Because I'm free to write uneducated lame comments just like so many others do on this forum.

Sorry, don't take it personal. Gotta Go!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMysticism
Because I'm free to write uneducated lame comments just like so many others do on this forum.

Well then, at least you are up front about your disposition, which is more than many, lol.

Maybe a sub-signature for you ....... "Not responsible for sarcasm", heh.

Peace

Misfit

EDIT: less=more

[edit on 10/7/08 by Misfit]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Why does having a belief make you a worse person ?

Surely it's the actions of the person that dictates whether they are worse or not ?

You do realise Hitler was a Catholic are you saying that a passive Aethiest is worse than Hitler just for being an Aethiest and not believing in a divine being ?

Likewise for all those idiots who went on the Crusades and slaughtered thousands upon thousands in the name of God, would you say they aren't as worse as Athiest ?

Always amazes me how religious folk consider themselves and their kind perfect just because they choose to believe in mystical cloud pixies

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by gen0cide
By just cracking open a history book, you can read about all the killing and suffering just because of religion, and how they were forced to obey everything that was dictated at them.

Believe, or death to you!

Airbrushing some history are we?

What history book would that be? The one you never opened apparently.

Most of the people who have died as a result of war, have done so in the Twentieth Century and that most of the killing was done in the name of secular ideologies. Who was the worst? Hitler? He is rated #3. Stalin? most scholars place him at #2 with 20 million killed. Almost no one gets #1 who, of course, is Mao who starts with an estimated 40 million. I then point out that the top two were Communists and Hitler was a radical proponent of Social Darwinism/Paganism. All of these ideologies are based on atheistic systems.

Oh the Bible treats satanists and atheists as equivalent. In Romans 1 they are both the "men who suppress the truth".

18The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1)

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMysticism

Won't find any lame comments 'round here mate!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
Hitler was a radical proponent of Social Darwinism/Paganism. All of these ideologies are based on atheistic systems.

Seems your history has been airbrushed somewhat

Professor Guenter Lewy, author of "The Catholic Church and Nazi Germany" quotes Hitler as saying that he "... regard Christianity as the foundation of our national morality and the family as the basis of our national life."

Oh look Hitler wasn't an aethiest afterall

There's plenty more information here on Hitlers religious beliefs that aren't an airbrushed christian version of history

[edit on 10/7/08 by Discotech]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by gen0cide
Religious people, this one is for you. What is worse, an Atheist, who rejects all the aspects of your religion, or a devil worshiper, that follows the ones who are evil in your religion? I have always wondered what the answer to this question could be, so what is your opinion?

[edit on 10-7-2008 by gen0cide]

Fundamentalists are worse then both

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

Your still attempting to airbrush history.

I never said he was an atheist I said he was a social darwinist/pagan. Try to learn to read the actual post you respond to and it will facilitate productive discourse. That quote says nothing of his personal convictions, it is a matter of historical record he used the Catholic church as a political tool to propgandize the German people.

Christianity is a rebellion against natural law, a protest against nature. Taken to its logical extreme, Christianity would mean the systematic cultivation of the human failure.

he best thing is to let Christianity die a natural death.... When understanding of the universe has become widespread... Christian doctrine will be convicted of absurdity.... Christianity has reached the peak of absurdity.... And that's why someday its structure will collapse.... ...the only way to get rid of Christianity is to allow it to die little by little.... Christianity the liar.... We'll see to it that the Churches cannot spread abroad teachings in conflict with the interests of the State.

www.answers.org...

He believed in the pagan German Norse gods and the mastery of the Aryan race. He also killed many many Christians along with Jews. Ignorance denied.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Your still attempting to airbrush history.

I'm not attempting to airbrush anything I'm merely stating facts, Hitler was far from Aethiest

I never said he was an atheist I said he was a social darwinist/pagan.

Ahhh I see so in a thread about Aethiests and with you saying

All of these ideologies are based on atheistic systems.
Oh the Bible treats satanists and atheists as equivalent

You can say you weren't trying to imply that Hitler was Aethiest and that Aethiests have done more harm than Christians ? You got called out and now you're trying to squirm your way out of it instead of admitting that maybe you were wrong in your assumptions. And he wasn't Pagan nor was he Aethiest!

Try to learn to read the actual post you respond to and it will facilitate productive discourse. That quote says nothing of his personal convictions, it is a matter of historical record he used the Catholic church as a political tool to propgandize the German people.

Oh please, I read the post just fine perhaps you should reread what you actually said and what you were trying to imply from your comments.

Originally posted by BigwhammyHe believed in the pagan German Norse gods and the mastery of the Aryan race.

That's funny I didn't know Christ was the son of a Norse God as Hitler believed Christ to be of Aryan descent

Hitler never directed his attacks on Jesus himself,[21] but viewed traditional Christianity as a corruption of the original ideas of Jesus, whom Hitler regarded as an Aryan opponent of the Jews.[22] In Mein Kampf Hitler writes that Jesus "made no secret of his attitude toward the Jewish people, and when necessary he even took the whip to drive from the temple of the Lord this adversary of all humanity, who then as always saw in religion nothing but an instrument for his business existence. In return, Christ was nailed to the cross." Hitler downplayed the idea of Jesus' redemptive suffering, stating in 1927:

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before in the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows."

Ignorance denied.

Far from it, you have only confirmed your ignorance by not reading the information given to you as that link covers ALL of Hitlers religious beliefs which included the personal comments you have mentioned. I merely pointing out that Hitler was raised a Catholic and generally it's how you are raised which makes you what you are, perhaps you should practice what you preach and Try to learn to read the actual post you respond to and it will facilitate productive discourse.

p.s sorry if I've come across as aggressive towards you I'm not trying to be but it's just how I write

[edit on 11/7/08 by Discotech]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gen0cide

I'm sorry, I guess that I don't get it.

If you're an Atheist, you don't believe in God by definition.

So why would you believe in the Devil??

Need more info on your thought process.

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
IMO fundamentalists are the real devil worshipers. The claimed devil worshipers by the church are just people who recognized the cruel bindings and broke free.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by wolf241e

Atheists don't believe in the devil.....devil worshipers do?
Not really much to get....they are not the same thing.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by eye open doors

IMO fundamentalists are the real devil worshipers.

They are, and do not know it.
I have been told that I will go to Hell if I do not believe in the Devil.
They elevate Satan to a position equal to God and as a rival and hold out the notion that it may be a possibility for God to be overthrown.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

That is pretty well my mode of thought on it.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Well if you go by the KJV bible it would be the Athiest. Because to be a Athiest you have to deny God exists and that Jesus died for our sins. Which in turn according to the KJV bible that would make you an Anti Christ. So I guess the question is which is worse the Anti Christ or Satan.

Well Satan doesn't deny that God exists, so I guess it would be the Anti Christ... so that means the Athiest is worse off.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The atheists I know have strong ethics and usually a conscience. They wouldn't willingly harm anybody.

I have known a few satanists and they would harm people or animals or anyone who got in their way in the name of their chosen deity.

I'm basing this on my own experience.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Being naked in public or cigarettes?

Cigarettes and I'm very firm on that one

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Peeps;

There are many different forms of Satanism. The most popular form is LeVayen Satanism, it's more of a form of Athiesm that follows a more specific set of beleifs (instead of just NOT beleiving in god). They are NOT devil worshippers!!!

www.churchofsatan.com...

Then there are Thiestic Satanist, which may vary to the so called, 'devil worshippers'.

en.wikipedia.org...

So please do NOT label Satanists as 'devil worshippers', many would find that offensive, in fact, many are 'outstanding individuals'.

Now, the actual topic. My answer is neither. And that includes religious people too. Everyones values are based on their own perceptions of so called, 'reality', therefore, each and every person is an individual, and we have fantastic AND terrible people bellonging to each religion. On one hand, we have fantastic people of ALL faiths, like.... members of this website, and on the other hand, we have nutters of ALL faiths like... George Bush, Mao, Hitler, Ahmadinejad. So please, stop this retarded blanketting of people into specific groups, because that feeds HATE, that feeds FEAR, and that feeds WARS.

And to be blunt. Who really gives a # about religion? Good, you beleive in god, you don't. WHY DOES IT MATTER? Isn't there anything more important to discuss? Like how in the past day:

30,273 children died of starvation.

9,300 men, women and children died from AIDS,

4,236 still births,

2,000 people die in car accidents,

1,490 people fall to cancer.

Also...

4000 Americans have DIED in Iraq.

ATLEAST 85000 Iraqis have DIED from violence in Iraq.

We potentially have a FOOD crissis.

The worlds most powerful country is run by a FASCIST regime.

And we have people preaching about RELIGION!?!?!?

GET SOME PERSPECTIVE!!!

[edit on 13/7/2008 by C0bzz]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join