It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am an American Ask me a question

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I have seen many threads like this one across a variety of websites but never one from an American. So I figure maybe people from other nations might wanna ask an American something. I am not an ET or a time traveler or a vampire or anything extraordinary. I am just an honest to god average American willing to answer anyone with a curious question.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
How do you feel about Europe ?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
As an American, I think Europe is a fine country.

Jon

EDIT: Make the sarcasm a bit more obvious.

[edit on 7.10.2008 by Voxel]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Rigel

As a continent I feel it is a complex and interesting place. I would like to visit it but I would not like to live there.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voxel
As an American, I think Europe is a fine country.

Jon

Perhaps I should of mentioned that I am a semi-educated American.

[edit on 10/18/2007 by titorite]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel

How do you feel about Europe ?

if you exclude france its a great place.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

How do you feel about the war in Iraq?

What is your religion?

What is your favorite restaurant in the US?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
LOL nice....I like this thread...ok i got a question.do americans all like bush?Whats your view on Iraq?The current upcoming election 2?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Oh yeah and you think America should police the world and steal everyones oil?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malevolent_Aliens
reply to post by titorite

How do you feel about the war in Iraq?

What is your religion?

What is your favorite restaurant in the US?

I feel the war in Iraq is POINTLESS! I despise it. I Have watched many of my friends join the military go to Iraq and come back maimed. Some thought they would go to Germany others were told they would be selected as honor guard... and I tell them all YOUR GOING TO IRAQ! .... They just don't listen.

My religion... I believe in God and that is about the end of my conviction. Some would call me a deist some would call me pantheistic. I was baptized Roman Catholic, went to Sunday school, was encouraged by my parents to attend other churches as a teenager and as an adult I have come to observe the truth of the universe... As best as I can put it as it was told to me: The laws of God are written on mans heart.

My favorite restaurant currently is a spot called Montana Mikes. You can get fish, chicken, or steak there. Good prices and good service too.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
*scratches head*

if im in a car traveling at the speed of light and i turn my headlights on will they do anything?

do you feel your country men have lost too many freedoms or any under bush?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Who would win a war between the us and china?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
LOL nice....I like this thread...ok i got a question.do americans all like bush?Whats your view on Iraq?The current upcoming election 2?

Oh yeah and you think America should police the world and steal everyones oil?

No all Americans do not like bush. In fact he has the lowest American approval rating of any president ever.

I think Iraq is being fought over oil and power to make rich, powerful, old. white men Richer and more powerful.

The upcoming election.... I would say our leaders are not elected but selected.
Many Americans would disagree but many Americans do not understand the Electoral college process. To put it this way, Obama will win. Bush will not remain in power because that is not how a rotating dictatorship works. I suspect he will take Clinton as a running mate but that waits to be seen.

And no, I do not feel that the US should steal other nations resources and police the world. That only makes the world hate us and gets our soldiers killed.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Demandred
*scratches head*

if im in a car traveling at the speed of light and i turn my headlights on will they do anything?

do you feel your country men have lost too many freedoms or any under bush?

If you are in a car traveling at the speed of light how in the heck are your neurons firing? I have no idea.

As for losing freedoms.... That has always been a problem since this nation started. Things got worse under president Abraham Lincoln. Under Bush.... I think we have lost enough freedoms to set up this nation for the next civil war.

We are a young nation built on good intentions and misdeeds. I pray that one day our personal sense of responsibility will catch up to our good intention.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
If you could live anywhere in the world, would you take peanut butter with you?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Hey paisan, I'm American too, and I have a question for you.
When you say American, do you mean North, Central or South American?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
I am just an honest to god average American willing to answer anyone with a curious question.

OK I'm curious...

What is just an honest to God average American?
How does that make you any different than say, just an honest to God average Englishman? Or just an average honest to God average lamb.

Why do you think you're just average?
Does it make you feel more comfortable believing you are the same as most other people?

Do you try to be average?
Do you except what the average person believes, and if so why would you do that?

Do you respect God enough to believe His name should be capitalised? Do you believe America is above God? Or anyone else?

Thanx...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
Who would win a war between the us and china?

In all honesty I do not believe their are any winners in war. Everybody loses. Leaders do not fight wars. They send in the common man to dine in their place while they dine a crab and roast duck.

If it were ONLY China versus US I would put my money on the US for a variety of reasons. Our systems may be infiltrated by chinas hardware , China may have the bigger standing army, but alone China could not defeat the US militarily speaking. After we won said hypothetical war we would become a third world country because we rely on China for the majority of our consumer products. That is why they of "Most favored trading partner" status with us.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954
If you could live anywhere in the world, would you take peanut butter with you?

This is a yes or no question. My answer is yes. Packed with protein, fills you up, peanut butter is awesome. Invented by a black man if I remember correctly.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Hey paisan, I'm American too, and I have a question for you.
When you say American, do you mean North, Central or South American?

North actually. I was born in Las Vegas, Nevada Clark County.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join