It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am an American Ask me a question

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
In all honesty I do not believe their are any winners in war.

Very well said, and so true.

I don't think the average person believes that?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

I am just an honest to god average American willing to answer anyone with a curious question.

OK I'm curious...

What is just an honest to God average American?
How does that make you any different than say, just an honest to God average Englishman? Or just an average honest to God average lamb.

Why do you think you're just average?
Does it make you feel more comfortable believing you are the same as most other people?

Do you try to be average?
Do you except what the average person believes, and if so why would you do that?

Do you respect God enough to believe His name should be capitalised? Do you believe America is above God? Or anyone else?

Thanx...

I suppose an honest to god American could be considered anyone born into the "new world" but mostly us US citizens refer to ourselves as American.

What makes us different from englishmen is that we are not Kiwi, Aussie, or UK. We are the melting pot of the world. We accept all for better or worse regardless of color, creed or ideology.

I don not consider myself a lamb. A child of God perhaps.

Average is a general term. I am not so very different from my fellow American. For better or worse.

"Does it make you feel more comfortable believing you are the same as most other people?".... I suppose. .. I am comfortable with myself. Are you uncomfortable with yourself?

I do not try to be average but I see nothing wrong with it.

"Do you except what the average person believes, and if so why would you do that?"

What do YOU believe and why?

"Do you respect God enough to believe His name should be capitalised? Do you believe America is above God? Or anyone else?"

I respect my God of MY understanding. Sometimes I capitolise god and sometimes I do not. BUt I tell you this much, I will not name GOD. I do not dare. I both love and fear god. I do not know Gods name. I refer to God as god and I think that is good enough for both God and me. But I do not dare name god lest I get Gods name wrong and piss off god. And no one is above God.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   

In all honesty I do not believe their are any winners in war.

Very well said, and so true.

I don't think the average person believes that?

Define average on a scale of 1 out of 300 million out of 6 billion.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Good catch my friend! And an interesting fact as well. George Washington Carver discovered 300 uses for peanuts, held three patents, and spoke before the House of Representatives. Quite unusual for an Afro American in those days.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   

LOL well you didn't really answer my questions, but that's OK.

300,000,000 average Americans. Scary thought!

So you've bought into the 'melting pot' BS. Do you really think America is the only country people emigrate to?

Someone needs to turn the heat up or stir that pot.

I know it feels comfortable to be average, and pretend that everyone is average, and we all get along and love each other in racial harmony.

...This shift, according to social historians, demographers and others studying the trends, will severely test the premise of the fabled melting pot, the idea, so central to national identity, that this country can transform people of every color and background into "one America."

Just as possible, they say, is that the nation will continue to fracture into many separate, disconnected communities with no shared sense of commonality or purpose. Or perhaps it will evolve into something in between, a pluralistic society that will hold on to some core ideas about citizenship and capitalism, but with little meaningful interaction among groups.

Source

I think it's already pretty much fractured.

Not everyone wants to be just an average American, they want to be themselves.

[edit on 10/7/2008 by ANOK]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Do you think Britney Spears should try to make a comeback in music or move on to acting?

Do you like Elvis Presley?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Define average on a scale of 1 out of 300 million out of 6 billion.

Slow down bud I was giving you a compliment...

The average person wouldn't come up with the conclusion that wars are not won, at least in my experience.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I think Iraq is being fought over oil and power to make rich, powerful, old. white men Richer and more powerful.

The upcoming election.... I would say our leaders are not elected but selected. Many Americans would disagree but many Americans do not understand the Electoral college process.

And no, I do not feel that the US should steal other nations resources and police the world. That only makes the world hate us and gets our soldiers killed.

omG!!! (capital G) As a (below average) American I thought I was the only 1 that had this take on American Politics. Well put!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   

LOL well you didn't really answer my questions, but that's OK.

So you've bought into the 'melting pot' BS. Do you really think America is the only country people emigrate to?

[edit on 10/7/2008 by ANOK]

If there is any question you would like me to elaborate on please let me know.

As for buying into the BS of the melting pot ...No this is not the only country people emigrate to but more people come here than anywhere else... and when in doubt the US government seems more than willing to goto other countries and force people to emigrate here.

Thing is we have the most diversity. People from every continent have been pulled into this thing. We got red people, white people,brown people, black people, yellow people, blue people, we got so many different kinds of peoples if you can find green peoples don't let us know cause we will grab them and throw them in the stew too.

For better or worse one thing is true above all about us, We are a diverse culture of every people the world can offer.

[edit on 10/18/2007 by titorite]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
Do you think Britney Spears should try to make a comeback in music or move on to acting?

Do you like Elvis Presley?

Britney is an over hyped loser who should try to make a comeback to soberity before she attempts anything else.

I like some of Elvis Presley's music but I never knew the man personally.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
how many amendments are in the Constitution?

no google!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   

I got in to your thread quite late.
I watched last night “little miss sunshine” .
I have enjoyed very much this peace of American pop culture. As you know, we human like to stereo type nations and give them attribute which are most of the time very false. In this movie you grasp the fresh air of refunding one true identity which is in my view very universal. The identity of been who you are and accepting other. What a great message that this movie is giving to every one that watch it.
My question is, as this is a movie; tell me if you know many people that resemble the character of the family that is portrayed in the movie?
kacou

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by damagemouse
how many amendments are in the Constitution?

no google!

I wanna say 27... Now let me double check. No google no problem. I said something about semi-educated earlier right? I own books. BRB

Ok my book says 26.

No google.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kacou

As you did not make any specifics I can only assume you mean the family as a whole and to that I would say yes.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Hey titorite

This is really a nice thread.
I am german, my sister is married to an american an got her citizenship for a few years now. I really like the states, I think Bush is dumb as fu... Now my question. If i wanted to get my green card to live and work in the states, would you say: OK come on over OR Stay away from this country cause of all the problems you guys "should" have. I as Not-american reading all the threads here how bad it is in the states and NWO and shi... it is really disturbing. YOu think this is true or is it overrated!?

Greetz from Nuernberg!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Devilnitro28
Hey titorite

This is really a nice thread.
I am german, my sister is married to an american an got her citizenship for a few years now. I really like the states, I think Bush is dumb as fu... Now my question. If i wanted to get my green card to live and work in the states, would you say: OK come on over OR Stay away from this country cause of all the problems you guys "should" have. I as Not-american reading all the threads here how bad it is in the states and NWO and shi... it is really disturbing. YOu think this is true or is it overrated!?

Greetz from Nuernberg!

If you wanted to come over to the US in this day and age I would say WHATS WRONG WITH YOU!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?!

Joking aside, emigration is what what this nation is built on and if you wanted to came here in all sincerity I'd say "more power to you".

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I sometimes read statements like the following and would like to know if they're generally agreed upon by the average American?

"The Superbowl is the biggest televised event in the world with the highest worldwide viewership"

and

"The US is the best country on Earth in all aspects."

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   

why are you circumsized?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
ok i got a question.do americans all like bush?

Hahaha
, Sorry couldn't help it..

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Symer
I sometimes read statements like the following and would like to know if they're generally agreed upon by the average American?

"The Superbowl is the biggest televised event in the world with the highest worldwide viewership"

and

"The US is the best country on Earth in all aspects."

To the average American.... Yes probably... Of course I have no idea what China watchs...

The US...noooo Not the best but on this I think the majority of my fellow Americans would disagree with me.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join