It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain joke: Kill Iranians with ciggies

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
reply to post by Grambler

You will also find that your statement of "winning the hearts and minds of Arabs" means absolutely nothing to me. I do not think that is the way you win any war. I do, however, believe the way to win a war involves fighting to win it and reaping spoils from it... two things which we, as a country under the Bush administration, have NOT done. Mission of war completely unaccomplished, IMO. War is about instilling the fear of God (euphamism, not intended to be a religious statement. Gotta get that in there before some atheistic opportunist perverts my entire post into a religious rant about imaginary pocket friends and how Jesus was the creation of the Illuminati.) in your enemies and leaving the broken and in ruin... something we apparently no longer have the stomach for... so we might as well just stay home.

You can believe whatever you want, and thats your right. But I will say that your thoughts on how to win this war on terror is one of the dumbest suggestions I have ever heard in my entire life.

You say that we should just kill a country and take their possesions to win this war. Well who do you suggest we attack? Iran? Then who? Or will that be enough in your mind to end all terror. See, the problem is terrorists are not a sovereign nation. They are individuals who supposedly hate our way of life, and are willing to die to destroy it.

So you suggest we put the "fear of God" into them. Ironic choice of words, seeing as how they would use this fear as religious motivation to have further terrorist attacks. These are individuals who supposedly are willing to die for this cause, because they believe the US is evil. Your suggestion would only go further to prove this, and lead to membership in terrorist organizations skyrocketing.

Then who do we attack? Saudia Arabia, where supposed hijackers on 9-11 were from? Soon we will have to fight the whole Muslim world. It will be tough to wage all of these wars though, because they will cripple our economy by not giving us oil. While this is happening, the rest of the world would be appalled at the US attacking whole countries because of the actions of a few people, and would probably come to their aid.

So now we are looking at a world with more terrorists that hate the US, and with what little allies we once had against us. Real smart plan. But Im sure you wouldn't care about the massive amount of troops and civilians that would die, as long as it wasn't you.

Your thinking of how to win a war may have made sense in the old style of country against country war, but now we are facing something completely different. I would be shocked if you could show me one educated military person that would agree with you, that we shouldn't care what anyone thinks in the war on terrorism, and we should just put the fear of god into them and not worry about winning them over.

I know all of this seems to be off topic, but I think its important to understand where the people defending McCain here are coming from. Obviously, they don't care if McCain's comment offends Iranians, and they don't care if it helps lead to a war with them, because that is exactly what they want.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by Maya432
just more harmless jokes?

Yes, exactly!
See, it's not hard to understand.

Yeah, it's easy for those to understand if they can't read between the lines about McCain wanting to kill Iranians.

In private company, with his 'friends', it might be a joke. In public, it's a massive blunder and probably a Freudian slip with regards to his real intentions, if he's elected.

He's just another war pig.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I'm killing myself with ciggies right now, so I'm getting a kick out of these replies.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by theaddj
I'm killing myself with ciggies right now, so I'm getting a kick out of these replies.

At least you're not going to potenially be commander and chief of a massive nuclear arsenal! You can only kill yourself!

(Try quitting if you can. My mate smoked from the age of 15 and he's finally given it away at 36. Health problems, naturally...)

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

You sound really scary, man. What you suggest is like we should have carpet-bombed most of Iraq with fuel-air explosives to instill the fear of God in whatever small fraction of population would miraculously survive. Sheesh. How about we should have never been in that country in the first place? Or are you too much of a simpleton to comprehend that?

As others said, winning the war on terror has little to nothng to do with winning a war on a nation state. For some, this might be difficult to understand.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by buddhasystem]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

thank you for your statement
"some people" seem to be dying for war.... I don`t get it...

laughing and joking about SLAUGHTERING people..
wtf is wrong with this world?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

You kinda typed all that up for nothing thanks to a poorly worded sentence in my previous post. My comments on war were more in regards to the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, not the war on terror. Afghanistan was a special case because the Taliban was harboring bin Laden. Iraq had little to do with the war on terror. Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no beef with Bush for taking out Hussein, regardless the reasoning. It was unfinished business on our part and it needed adressing. My issue was that our ground troops hit foreign soil far too early, our "shock and awe" was toned down, and the only explanation I have for why in the hell we turned around and helped rebuild their country at our expense can only be defined as our leadership losing their minds.

I agree 100% with you on the war on terror... at least from the aspect that it is unlike any war we've ever fought as it is against not a nation, but a global faction. My idea for dealing with that "war" would be to fight fire with fire. They use their religion (whether it is actually based on the true religion of Islam or not is a topic for another time) as a platform from which to conduct murders against us, so we should be using that same religion against them. I'm not a scholar of Islam, though I have read the Qu'ran and have done some limited study on the movement, so I can't proclaim to know exactly what the correct route is. If I understand what I have read and what I believe I know, then the best bet for us would be to start by defiling the bodies of every terrorist we encounter after an attack. Drenching them with pig blood, burial with dog corpses, render the body as unclean according to their beliefs as possible, but do it to EVERY terrorist's body we come across. As hypocracy is a serious sin in Islam, any veering from the stance that these actions would make a body seriously unclean and, thus, negate the dead's place in heaven would further violate Islamic law. It is one of a small handfull of actions which I truly believe would beat them at their own game but, unfortunately, one which I don't believe our leaders have the stomach to do.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

then the best bet for us would be to start by defiling the bodies of every terrorist we encounter after an attack. Drenching them with pig blood, burial with dog corpses, render the body as unclean according to their beliefs as possible, but do it to EVERY terrorist's body we come across.

The thread's title is about McCain telling jokes, where he mentions killing Iranians.

Obviously, McCain must have been the warm-up act, considering what you just typed. I guess you're looking for some work in stand-up comedy, right?

Do you really think that the war on terra is religiously based? No. It's an NWO construct designed to maximise profits.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by tezzajw]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Thanks for your concern, tezzajw - I'm about to progress to gum/patch (maybe both!)..

As for the rest of y'all, don't get too upset by what you hear when you lure the troll out from under the bridge..

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I'm done discussing your views on how to win a war. All I will say is that as long as the people of the world refuse to view each other with respect, and try to work problems out civilly, then the War on Terror will never end. McCains "joke" only serves to show just how little respect many of our leaders have not only for our supposed enemies, but for our own troops that will have to face them.

As the war continues and the people of the world fight each other, the elite just laugh and make jokes and continue to get richer and gain more power.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

You will also find that your statement of "winning the hearts and minds of Arabs" means absolutely nothing to me. I do not think that is the way you win any war. I do, however, believe the way to win a war involves fighting to win it and reaping spoils from it... two things which we, as a country under the Bush administration, have NOT done. Mission of war completely unaccomplished, IMO. War is about instilling the fear of God (euphamism, not intended to be a religious statement. Gotta get that in there before some atheistic opportunist perverts my entire post into a religious rant about imaginary pocket friends and how Jesus was the creation of the Illuminati.) in your enemies and leaving the broken and in ruin... something we apparently no longer have the stomach for... so we might as well just stay home.

You make some really strong points about how we currently are not fighting like in past wars. I understand exactly what you are saying and I agree. Good post!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

wars throughout history have always been fought using religious beliefs as an excuse to kill people. That aspect will NEVER go away.. Therefore wars will ALWAYS be fought on the basis of religious extremism. These kinds of wars will always continue regardless of who sais what and who respects who within the global community and geopolitics. It doesn't really matter what we do at this point or who we respect in the global community. Granted.. economic cooperation, free trade, and respecting other countries are always very important aspects of geopolitics from a leadership standpoint. But at some point it makes no difference how much we get along with a country if that country has citizens that are willing to justify war with religion and do whatever it takes to destroy whoever they label the enemy as.

This is history repeating itself due to the flaws of man. Religion, in my eyes, is an evil man-made creation which will always result in death and war. It is only a matter of time until it occurs again and again.

And it is quite possible that all of this that is going on right now to our economy, geopolitically, and in war is all in an effort to get the people's support for the next step to a one world government which is of coarse the North American Union. They've already picked out the currency! If the political leadership can point at the economic situation as a justification for forming the North American Union, and if the people are desperate enough due to oil prices and economic hardships they will, for the most part, support the NAU which only furthers the agenda of the men behind the curtain.

The people who really decide the fate of the world are not necessarily the political leadership of the world but, at least to a degree, the big decisions are made by secret societies who meet at discreet locations to discuss the next phase of their agenda. People who are powerful voices in the media, the extremely wealthy, and choice politicians from around the globe who all work together toward a common goal.

A thread was recently started here on ATS about an economic downturn in July and it happened. Now there is reason to believe that we could very well be seeing the complete collapse of the American economy by mid-late 2009. We may not exactly have an oil "crisis" going on but it depends on what you call a crisis. The situation is only going to deteriorate until we are paying 10-15 dollars a gallon and then we are in a much worse place economically. Yet, the Bush Administration has done next to NOTHING to prepare this country for these events when pretty much everyone knows it is inevitable right now. Makes you wonder if it is, indeed, being ignored so that they can use it as a tool to further progress the formation of the NAU.

-ChriS

[edit on 11-7-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
The thread's title is about McCain telling jokes, where he mentions killing Iranians.

Obviously, McCain must have been the warm-up act, considering what you just typed. I guess you're looking for some work in stand-up comedy, right?

Do you really think that the war on terra is religiously based? No. It's an NWO construct designed to maximise profits.

I was absolutely dead serious. Somebody a couple of posts up called it fairly right, I am a "scary man." Grambler got it pretty close to right with one of his comments as well... My philosophy on war, justice, power, and life in general is a throwback from the distant past. I recognize this and I have no intention of changing myself nor do I ever expect the world to change back to my philosophies.

The war on terror is one sidedly religiously based. They belong to a religion in which radical clerics have gained a stronghold and have used said religion as a call to arms against us. Like I said, we need to turn it to a religion based war on BOTH sides to win, only instead of using our own religion, we turn theirs against them. These NWO plot theories have become laughable, actually. If this whole war truly was a fabrication, then don't you think they'd have fabricated something between 9/11 and today to support their positions and changes that were supposedly part of this master plan of theirs? Don't you think that maybe, just maybe we'd have actually gotten a number of high profile reports from the government about nefarious terror plots stopped thanks to wiretapping? Don't you think that we'd have suddenly produced some impressive WMDs from the Iraqi desert? After all, I'd guess it would be a hell of a lot easier to scrape together a couple hundred canisters of Sarin nerve gas and a few long range ballistic missles and put them into a secured underground bunker to be "discovered" and pointed to as the smoking gun of Saddam's WMD program than it would be to formulate and carry out the act of slamming 2 planes into the towers, demolition another tower, shoot a rocket into the Pentagon without any of the thousands of people around DC seeing it, and blow up a 4th plane over a Pennsylvanian field without someone spilling the beans. Wouldn't we have the dead body of Osama bin Laden (or one of the assumedly now millions of fake Osamas) long, long ago hanging from the bow of a Navy carrier with the president standing over the swinging corpse telling the people "NOW the mission is accomplished!" After all, it isn't like these NWO gremlins couldn't produce a replacement for all of us to live in fear of within a matter of minutes, right?

It's the freaking Great and Powerfull Oz story that crushes this whole NWO/911 plot nonsense. You're trying to convince people that terrorism is a PTB construct which, as such, poses no threat to us beyond that of the man behind the curtain... all smoke & mirrors... yet at the same time the man behind the curtain is apparently so feeble and weak that they can't manage to come up with a single action, result, or process since 9/11 that satisfies the people? BULLCRAP! Do you really expect people to buy into the idea that the most incredible and vast conspiracy in the history of the world was hatched and carried out (almost) flawlessly by a group of men who had absolutely no contingency plan aside from force feeding us new restrictive laws and half assed wars afterward? This would be like watching a kid pull off a perfect score on a MENSA test and then turn around and spend the rest of the day jamming green beans up his nose and smashing ice cream cones into his forehead because he couldn't find his mouth. Retards don't devise plots like 9/11 and the entire handling of global affairs since 9/11 by virtually around the world has been just as retarded as it ever was.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Interesting rant which, by the way is way of topic. But I'll bite.

This argument is very tiresome. On one hand you'll say that 9-11 truthers are nuts and not that many people believe a conspiracy, but on the other you say if there was a conspiracy, why didn't they do more. Well, the answer would be that most people do by the official story, and despite protests, the administration has been able to pass everything that they wanted. Heck, the FISA bill just passed overwhelmingly. So why stage another false flag incident? All that could happen would be that it would possibly go wrong, thereby exposing them.

Another incident will only happen when public opinion on the matter increases. Now when we look at somewhere like the UK, who had a large portion of the population against the war in Iraq and Tony Blair, we do see that conveniently right before the elections occurred the 7/7 bombings happened. Blair and his party maintained leadership, and more intrusive bills were passed without any problem. Since then, they've had no new attacks.

If you would like to continue this discussion, make a thread on it and I will gladly participate. I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't want to derail the OP.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   

No, Tezzajw and I have gone round and round over this before, so it is somewhat within the topic. No offense to you intended, but I have no desire to start another 9/11 conspiracy because they never equal anything other than a giant circle jerk of one side stroking their own's position and the other side stroking theirs. No minds are ever changed, no progress is gained, and no good ever comes of it.

I will say that I find your thoughts on the UK and Iraq interesting, considering that the Iraq war is probably even more unpopular in AMerica today and despised by a larger number of Americans than it was in the UK when these aleged "false flags" happened there. I also find it amazing how quickly the percentage of people who are "waking up" in America can change to suit the theorist's needs. If they are trying to discuss how the Bush Admin is hated and we're finally "getting it" then that percentage miraculously skyrockets (up to 80% according to one poster who's thread about it unsuprisingly made the ATS home page earlier this week) yet as soon as my idea of why we haven't seen even a hint of anything to defend Bush's unpopular choices is brought up that percentage incredulously dips down into the "small minority of enlightened" range. It's kind of like me posting a poll and saying "100% of Americans love drinking milk, except when they say they don't and then it's zero percent."

There have been no "flase flags" in this country since 9/11 because 9/11 itself wasn't a "false flag." Now, you and yours can say it was an inside job until you are blue in the face, you can call your movement "the truth movement," and you can pat each other on the backs for sticking to your stories, but none of that changes the fact which is that we were attacked by Islamic terrorists on September 11, 2001. Were balls dropped and should heads have been cracked at the highest levels on that day? Absolutely! You won't get any argument from me if you stick within reality and don't try to turn those dropped balls into vast reaching nefarious plots from within our government.

And I'm done discussing the war on terror in this thread and possibly this thread in general unless something that interests me occurs in it, which doesn't seem too likely at this point.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   

The war on terror is one sidedly religiously based.

The war on terra was designed to use religion as a smokescreen to cover for the true motives, which are profit and power. Maybe you're just sucked into the propaganda to believe that it's about religion.

These NWO plot theories have become laughable, actually. If this whole war truly was a fabrication, then don't you think they'd have fabricated something between 9/11 and today to support their positions and changes that were supposedly part of this master plan of theirs?

They don't need to.

Bush has signed another law that lets the state tap into the private lives of people (amongst other things over the years). Oil has gone from $70ish USD per barrel in August 2007, to around $140ish USD per barrel today. It's doubled in under a year.

The NWO hasn't needed to stage anything after 9/11, as the profits are rolling in.

McCain's Freudian Slip about killing Iranians is probably part of the master plan, where he's just playing his part.

I've ignored the rest of your off topic rant. I don't know why you bother to post it.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
I don't know why you bother to post it.

I'm at a loss for the answer to that one myself, dude. You'd think by now I'd have learned that it's like trying to teach advanced physics to a brick wall... it just isn't ever gonna sink in so why do I bother? Enjoy your delusions.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
You might say John McCain has a quick wit. Unfortunately, his mouth is even quicker.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join