It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain joke: Kill Iranians with ciggies

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Quick question, you seem to be quick to point out when other people are believing propaganda, so I would like to know as someone who easily spots propaganda, where do you get your information from? Is it the Main Stream Media in the US, whom the Pentagon just released thousands of pages indicating that they shadily placed paid pundits into to be passed of as independent. These same documents also show that the MSM intentionally went along with it (theres a link all about it here on ATS, which by the way no one has refuted).

Or do you get your info somewhere else? Please post these sources so that the rest of us can get non propaganda news. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Grambler

I realize the question wasn't posed to me, but I'm in a sharing is caring mood today so I'll give my answer. Personally, I get my news from the mainstream media and from numerous online sources. I frequently see links on here to very liberal agenda driven "new" sites where it almost looks like they pulled said "news" straight from their ass, yet it is eaten up with silver spoons by many here.

There is NO independent press and there never was. With the rise of the internet the far left liberals simply went from the television and print mainstream to the information superhighway mainstream, while the success of FOX news in the ratings caused the other major TV news outlets to gradually shift to a cosmetically conservative spin. Find me a news site that is completely and totally independent and has a staff of reporters who do not bring their own political identity into the stories with them and I'll proclaim it the most amazing find in history... you can't do it. You'd have better luck looking for a diamond in a pile of glass or a needle in a haystack.

The only real difference is located in how you percieve your own political identity, because that's what dictates what message you'll take away from any story you recieve.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6Real classy. He suffered major facial muscle & nerve injuries thanks to daily beatings while in a POW camp.

Well repeated blows to the head can also cause brain damage.

I am shocked by that joke, the guy is too out there (and I am not an Obama fan). But it seems he lacks common sense.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azurus
what I don't understand is that you can't provide me any evidence or arguments backing up your accusations about the guy. You just keep going around in loops stating what you think is propaganda without anything backing it up.

Sorry, but you need to 'come on dude'.
What about when he called for the destruction of America?
Source 1

Look, there are loads of similar talk and I never known anyone who disputes that Ahmed... dislikes America, its government or its citizens.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I agree with you. I don't think you can find an unbiased news source (which is why I prefer Gonzo journalism, but thats another thread). The question then becomes how can Whattheory set up here and shout that everyone that opposes her/his opinions is a victim of propaganda, when all media is biased? And how can you refuse to listen to "leftwing" new sources when you yourself get news from the MSM? Surely you can see they are biased, so shouldn't you at least listen to both with equal skepticism?

On a side note, I couldn't help but notice that you didn't respond to my previous post about just how wrong your idea of, "The US should do whatever we want and screw what everyone else thinks" really is. I suppose I can assume that you agree with me, and will stop suggesting such nonsense.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheoryWhat about when he called for the destruction of America?

I believe the "destruction of America" comments were specifically addressing what would happen if America attacked Iran. If he has ever implied that Iran would attack and destroy America without military provokation please post the exact quotes.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Are you referring to the hostage crisis in 1980? Where in history did he ever get accused of being a kidnapper in that? Was he even a student at the time? I'm just curious.

Yes, that is what I was refering to.
Here are some links:

Source 1

Source 2

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Want to know the best way to kill Iranians?

Elect McCain!

Just listening to this man, you MUST realize that if he's elected we're heading for a war with Iran!

[edit on 7/10/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Sorry, but you need to 'come on dude'.
What about when he called for the destruction of America?
Source 1

Look, there are loads of similar talk and I never known anyone who disputes that Ahmed... dislikes America, its government or its citizens.

And this news source is non-biased? It's completely laughable. It looks like an administration pundit implanted in Pakistan to me. Kenneth R Timmerman is executive director of the Foundation for Democracy in Iran and author of ‘Countdown to Crisis: The Coming Nuclear Showdown with Iran’ . Hmmm, I wonder what he has to gain by spreading info like this.....cha-ching!

Here are some of my own criticisms of your source. Do with them what you will.

After all, this is the same man who recently pledged to use Iran’s newfound power to “wipe Israel off the map” and to “destroy America”.

Quotes to prove points? The whole "wipe Israel off the map" quote has already been proven as a mis-translation that did not indicate that at all. I'm not sure what the "destroy America" quote is pointing to, but it could be something similar given the context.

“pave the path for the glorious reappearance of Imam Mahdi (may God hasten his reappearance).” The mystical 12th Imam of Shia Islam disappeared as a child in 941 CE, and Shia Muslims have awaited his reappearance ever since, believing that when he returns, he will reign on earth for seven years, before bringing about the Last Judgment and the end of the world.

This sounds very reminscient of a story of the returning savior of Jesus Christ and the completion of Revelations and the Tribulation, to whom George Bush is making "faith-based initiatives" and wars based on. It's just a different side of the pond.

According to one rumour, as mayor of Tehran, Ahmadinejad drew up a new city plan for the Imam’s return.

In recent weeks, Ahmadinejad’s aides have denied another rumour...

Is this journalism, or neighborhood gossip? Any journalism based on rumors screams: Propaganda! This is as bad as Fox News always saying "People say....".

Look....I'm not saying the guy isn't a lunatic. I just don't think he's much of a threat.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grambler
Or do you get your info somewhere else? Please post these sources so that the rest of us can get non propaganda news. Thanks!

Look, just like most people, I get my news from multiple sources. All news media have some sort of a bias whether it's left or right. You must sort through them and make a educated decision to form your opinions. It's best to give higher credibility to a news organization who quotes or directly relays the information without a lot of opinion thrown in. It's the same for governments as it is for the media.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Those sources are better, but still questionable. The first one seems legit, but also seems like a speculative blog article, and the second one says this:

Abbas Abdi, the man well-known to be the leader of the 1979 hostage-takers, told CNN that Ahmadinejad, the Tehran mayor, "absolutely was not" part of the event that involved the captivity of 52 people.

Iranian officials also deny Ahmadinejad was involved.

So they are basing the proof on a similar blurry-looking 1979 photograph? You know how many Iranians look like that?

But I concede because we are getting way off the topic of McCain's joke....

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Azurus]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Grambler

Couple thoughts... I totally understand WhatTheory's stance on liberal propaganda. That's basically what happens to a man when, anytime he happens to take a viewpoint which agrees with the "official" take, he's immediately bombarded with "You're a sheep that believes the MSM!" or "you don't think for yourself." The fact that far, far fewer people get a bug up their butt over that particular response and just let it roll vs the epic showdowns that occur when you accuse someone of listening to liberally based media propaganda pretty much shows the political tilt of ATS. It also doesn't permit the the chance that anyone just might carefully review any given topic and come to a conclusion opposed to the "everything MUST be a government conspiracy or sham" viewpoint on their own. I don't feel like posting the same thing twice, but look for my views on liberal voter hipocracy (sp?) in the thread about GWB signing the FISA bill posted earlier today.

As for your comments from yesterday, I read them and typed up a large response which I deleted before actually posting because I didn't feeel like debating this yet again in yet another thread which would just get sidetracked while getting maybe a small handfull of responses which were actually discussion worthy mixed in with a number of insults, expressions of false shock, proclaimations of illusions of grandeur, and accusations of barbarism directed towards me. If you look around a bit you'll discover that I am completely at odds with the way the administration has handled the war on terror and with the handling of Iraq. You will also find that your statement of "winning the hearts and minds of Arabs" means absolutely nothing to me. I do not think that is the way you win any war. I do, however, believe the way to win a war involves fighting to win it and reaping spoils from it... two things which we, as a country under the Bush administration, have NOT done. Mission of war completely unaccomplished, IMO. War is about instilling the fear of God (euphamism, not intended to be a religious statement. Gotta get that in there before some atheistic opportunist perverts my entire post into a religious rant about imaginary pocket friends and how Jesus was the creation of the Illuminati.) in your enemies and leaving the broken and in ruin... something we apparently no longer have the stomach for... so we might as well just stay home.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Those sources are better, but still questionable. The first one seems legit, but also seems like a speculative blog article

I know its easy to pick and choose which articles you find credible but those are just the first few articles which popped up on the search. Do a quick google search for yourself and you will find pages and pages of articles from different sources. Perhaps then you might find one which meets your qualifications.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I think he made the right choice, strategically.. The reporter asked a pointed question.

-Killing Iranians appeals to the war-frenzied base.

He has to take a hard line, else he comes off as "weak".

He gets less damage from losing the "participation badge" crowd. It's still a numbers game these days, isn't?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

You're in a fine position to talk considering yesterday you said you hoped a rabbit killer switched over and started killing humans. Your judgement as to a joke by John McCain was rendered completely ignorable by that one comment.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Fair enough. But if thats the case, I would ask you to stop blindly asserting that people are falling for propaganda that are against your opinions. We all agree that we are in the same boat of all media being biased, and we all have to look at multiple sources and look underneath them to develop our opinions, so I don't see how you can sit as judge that all of your opinions are true and people who disagree are spewing propaganda.

If everyone did this, there would be no discussion, it would just be people presenting opinions and claiming that everyone that disagrees is wrong.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by jetxnet

How about google 'right wing american revelations'

Am i right in saying many christians are praying for the rapture and other BS?

Jeez, they're all as bad as each other.

you sure are right there
these main stream religions are just like the main stream media..
they are ALL FULL OF IT................crap that is...

and McCain is an unfeeling uncooth monster
there is a time and place for everything and mcCain
doesn`t have a clue what that means....
man what a puts...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
It was a joke!
Some of you here really need to get a sense of humor. Some of the funniest jokes ever make fun of current events or serious issues. Besides, some of you complaining about the joke are the same people who complain that most politicians seem like robots and wish they were more like 'normal' citizens. So please get over yourself because it was a joke. Big deal.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by WhatTheory]

A joke? about killing ?
and the bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran song?

just more harmless jokes?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maya432
just more harmless jokes?

Yes, exactly!
See, it's not hard to understand.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join