It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you ask Dr. Michio Kaku? ATS MIX Shows 91 & 92!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
An Honor to be able to ask a question of you directly.
Thank You.
If one were to take, say a bicycle wheel, spin it to 99.999...% of the speed of light as measured by the perimeter of the tire, have previously installed a mechanism to extend out of said tire, say a rod, to whatever length needed, would it then exceed the speed of light? As measured by the distance the outer tip of the rod must now travel?
If you would be so kind as to ignore the physical aspects, such as material problems, I am asking about the theoretical possibility of such an exercise.
Pardon me if this sounds ignorant, (it is), but I think of how putting different size tires affects the speedometer.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
As I understand the Copenhagen interpretation of Quantum Mechanics, new universes are instantiated continuously. How can a physicist both believe this and the conservation of energy?

Where does the new mass/energy come from?

How can you not throw out the second law of thermodynamics if you buy that interpretation?

Why does modern physics appear to be illogical and inconsistant from the street level and yet extremely logical practitioners of the science do not seem to notice these inconsistancys?

Is it some kind of breach of etiquitte to point out the inconsistancy within your own field, or do you just see it very differently from the inside?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Its an honour Mr Kaku, you single handedly peaked my interest in theoretical physics and i am a massive fan.

I have two questions if i may:

In your honest opinion do you think we as a race with all of the negative forces at work on our planet ever reach stage 2 of civilisation?

In your opinion and with your knowledge of theoretical physics do you think we as a race will ever be able to travel to the stars?

Thank you i look forward to your interview. And keep up the great work if you managed to sway me into wanting to learn more about physics then you must be opening up minds in infinite numbers

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Hello, I am a very big fan. AdAstra pretty much took the words out of my mouth but I'd like to add to it.

I would like to know how you feal about the current state of physics. Are laws being rewritten or are they being kept secrete by governmental agencies, then released to the public years later, for example invisibility. Also with teleportation, as our computers become more advanced, could it be possible to teleport a small mammel sooner than we may think.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

MOD EDIT:

Off topic question.

[edit on 7/7/2008 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
"Tempus, edax rerum."

What would be the first thing you would do, Michio, with

an actual working time machine?

Would you design such a machine with a tipler cylinder in mind...one

that say, allowed quantum gravity to be manipulated?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
A confrontation for you, Dr. Kaku,

In all seriousness, please prove randomness exists.
I do not worship God but I do not worship science either.
Randomness seems to have an unquestionable status, as if it is a given.
The dictionary says 'random' means there is a set of possibilities where each possibility has an equal opportunity to occur.
How does randomness establish a set?
How does randomness create a possibility?
How does randomness provide a possibility with an opportunity?
How does randomness endow a possibility with the ability to occur?

If you do not have scientific answers to these questions then the use of the word "randomness" is the same as using the word "magic". Also, any "scientific theory" which includes "randomness" is pseudo science until you explain how randomness does what it allegedly does.

I think the concept of randomness is self-referentially incoherent (randomness does not exist) and I can prove it. Should I explain my proof or is my question going to get overlooked or evaded/obfuscated?
Given the history of scientific denial and arrogance I expect I am wasting my time here.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Dr. Kaku

Thank you for sharing your time with the members of ATS.

1. Are you aware of the Electric Universe Theory presented by David Talbott and Wallace Thornhill (of www.Thunderbolts.info) and if so, what is your opinion of their work?

[alternate question]
2. As you are aware, the world at large seems presently to be in a downward spiral. It would seem that the very survival of the human race may be at stake. In your opinion, what is the largest obstacle standing in our way to becoming a Type I civilization and how might we overcome it?

[edit on 7-7-2008 by SystemiK]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Dr. Kaku,

I have been a huge fan of yours for many many years and appreciate so dearly your perspective on our existence. So I am going to ask you a question with great difficulty.

What laws of physics were violated by the official explanation of the collapse of the 3 WTC towers. Please take some time to look into this difficult subject and help our nation!!

Thank you Dr. Kaku!!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Dr.Kaku, Oh man, all ive got to say is ive read 3 of your books so far, and the last one i got just happened to be a physics textbook, lets just say i didnt get very far.

The question im going to ask you is on dimensions and dimensional beings. There is a discussion going on now on this site about an extremely powerful hallucinagen called '___'. My question refers to the studies showing that people under the influence seem to be transported effortlessly to another dimension and usually have encounters with alien-like beings.

My question is this, do you believe that a substance such as this, which is found naturally in the human body and throughout nature, can actually affect ones ability to perceive these different dimensions, and the beings who populate or use them. To expand on the question, what are your feelings on other-dimensional beings contacting humans? Do you believe that with enough meditation and training a person could be able to contact these beings on a regular basis, and even interact with them in our dimension? Well, i say our dimension, but i know that really its just the unperceivable information to humans that makes up these dimensions.

I feel greatly honored to be able to ask these questions, and after reading your books i am trying to re-educate myself in math to, hopefully, pursue a career in the theoretical physics world.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by SilentBob86]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Do you believe that technological advancement will be able to aide Earth in supporting the existence of billions of human beings?

An alternative question could be:

Do you predict that humans will get over their differences and unite under a single banner in the near future? If so when could you see this happening? (example: 2025 or 3052)

A president, whose name eludes me at the present moment, once said something like this: 'humans will only unite under the banner of human kind if some threat came from someone or something other than humans'

Thank you for joining us here at ATS.
You're time is greatly appreciated, the Crab with the biggest claw, Crabmeat.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by Crabmeat]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
1) I would ask him why he has such strong views about the paranormal.

In a recent commercial I heard on the AM radio, he was on his show talking about the paranormal and pseudoscience. I can't remember his exact phrasing, but he talked about how people investigate the paranormal primarily because the paranormal needs advocating by the very people who do the investigating. In other words they hype up the substance of paranormal phenomenon to make it seem real to other people.

But there is quite a bit of hard evidence that suggests that the paranormal is quite real. With the paranormal, anyone can claim to be an expert, but there ARE groups of people who do investigate the paranormal without advocating their evidence or pushing it on the public. So..

2) What does he feel about the more concrete evidence of a world beyond/paranormal activity?

And finally..

3) If parallel worlds are real (as Kaku talks about in one of his books), would it not be a great example of how much we DON'T know about the universe and how his own theory could very possibly be another explanation as to why paranormal phenomenon exists?

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Dr. Kaku;
Have any of your theories on physics been influenced by personal experience. Anything in your background to make you believe we live in a non- Einstein universe? Or perhaps a post-Einstein one. -------------PC

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Hi Dr. Kaku, is an honor... im not that well versed like other members but at least can understand when ever I see you in a show which makes you my favorite.

Just a simple question regarding alien life, specifically intelligent life, would you agree the premise that if advance alien civilizations existed, we would at least see some of their work through the galaxy in the way of outer space infrastructure of some kind? Space stations, some kind of energy devices or the like?

Thanks

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Is there such a thing as the Grand Unified Field Theory of Physics? Nassim Haramein Talks alot about this. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Hello Dr. Kaku,

I saw your documentary about immortality, I was very intrigued with the relation between time and biology with the experiments that you made at the beginning. What made you explore man's search for immortality and how far are we from this possibility exactly?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Dr Kaku, thank you.
I've been wondering. Since we now know that all of earths electromagentic transmissions fade out at a given distance from the solar system, which if I am not mistaken (and I may well be) is less than the distance to our nearest neghboring star, does this reduce the chances of SETI ever making any contact wiht another species? As a follow up If I may, since any interstallar civilisation would almost have to have faster than light capabilities in order to be interstellar, (assuming that the universal speed limit can, even theoretically be broken) isnt a search based on a medium which only moves at light speed kind of similar to trying to use smoke signals to contact the city college physics faculty?

[edit on 7/8/2008 by Shazam The Unbowed]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Like everyone else has said your work is fantastic.

My question is; personally what do you believe happens when you die?

Is reencarnation in parrellel universes a possibility?

thanks so much!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Shalom Dr. Kaku,

I have two questions:

What is your view on the concept of Synchronicity?

What is your view on the idea that the Initial Singularity still exists as a Naked Singularity somewhere in the cosmos?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Dear Dr Michio Kaku,

I'm a great fan of yours and read much of the very interesting theories you bring out - they're brilliant! Your popularity on ATS can be gauged in a thread I opened here, Scientist Believes Aliens Are Real! I’m intrigued by science which is not 'conventional'. To elucidate, here are a few questions that go against the grain of mainstream science…

1.Scientists Challenge Einstein's Theory! Faster Than Light Travel Possible!

Question:
Have these mathematical errors made by Einstein resulted in a paradigm shift where faster than light travel is concerned?

2.Instantaneous Interstellar Communications And Gravity Shielding For Spacecraft.
This here is really two questions in one. I was going through a LANL archives paper concerning the above topic by Fran De Aquino titled, Gravity Control By Means of Electromagnetic Field Through Gas or Plasma at Ultra-Low Pressure.
This Gravitational Shielding Effect is related to the recent discovery of quantum correlation between gravitational mass and inertial mass and as he contends, it is unprecedented in the literature and can not be understood in the framework of General Relativity.

Question:
Is this correct? If so, will this change the paradigms of energy generation, transportation and telecommunications, where FTL communications and gravity shielding for space craft are concerned?

3. Black Holes Are A Myth!! A Fraud Being Perpetuated By A Coterie Of Scientists?
According to Stephen J. Crothers regarding Black Holes, he claims that the concept has been conjured up by combination of confusion, superstition and ineptitude, and is sustained by widespread suppression of facts, both physical and theoretical. According to him, it has been recently proved that the black hole and the expanding Universe theories are not predicted by General Relativity at all!

And according to Nikias Stavroulakis:

* The given distribution of matter cannot be reduced to a point.
* Black holes never appear in solutions of the Einstein equations.

Question:
How far are these statements true? If they are, then why are we continuing with this false concept of the existance of black Holes? Why aren't we laying more emphasis on the 'Electric Universe' theory?

4. And lastly, this concerns the ‘Alien Civilization Types’ which you have mentioned – from Type I to Type III.

Question:
Do you feel there could be even higher civilization Types, for e.g. Type IV or V Civilizations, so advanced that they could be engineering the cosmos, reorganizing solar systems by moving planets into more viable orbits around parent suns for terraforming them to sustain life? Could these puzzling Quasars and Pulsars that we theorize as being of natural origin, be part of this cosmic engineering by Type IV or higher Civilizations? And don’t you think they would be far more evolved spiritually to even think about wars of domination in the galaxies as is our common perception and part of the human psyche in trying to understanding very advanced civilizations? In other words is war a human concept with which we paint these Civilizations which probably have passed this phase eons ago?

Thank you Dr Michio Kaku for your valuable time.

Regards,

Mike.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join