It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist Believes Aliens Are Real!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
That's according to Dr Michio Kaku. Who is he?

Pic Courtesy: Whipnet

Place of birth: United States.
Japanese American theoretical physicist, turned professor.
Co-founder of ‘string field theory’, a branch of the ‘super-string theory’.
New book to be published: Physics of the Impossible: A Scientific Exploration of the World of Phasers, Force Fields, Teleportation, and Time Travel, (set to release January 22, 2008).
Received a Ph.D. in 1972. In 1973, he held a lectureship at Princeton University.
Presently, engaged in working on Einstein's "Theory of Everything," seeking to unify the four fundamental forces of the universe
Visiting professor at the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, as well as at New York University.

So then, with his credentials, he couldn’t be talking through his hat when he discusses the physics of extra terrestrial civilizations!

While it is the belief by many that mainstream scientists reject any notions of extraterrestrial civilizations or aliens, Kaku is very unique. Not only does he believe in ETs, he also lays down a framework for their existence in his numerous books.

Kaku in his book Hyperspace compares humans as fish in a pond, only aware of the environment around them, not realizing there is a huge world outside the pond.

So the question most debunkers ask is that if they exist, then why don’t they announce their presence? That’s because as Carl Sagan says, “An advanced civilization millions of years old is as much beyond us as we are beyond a bush baby or a macaque.” (Carl Sagan). Would you want to communicate with a macaque?

And then our methods of communication using the electromagnetic spectrum may be vastly different to theirs. Why do we expect them to follow the same ‘scientific principles’? They could very well be using esoteric means or even telepathy as a matter of course!

Dr Kaku’s Civilization Ladder

A Type 1 Civililization is one that is truly a planetary society, which has mastered all forms of terrestrial energy.

A Type 2 civilization is a civilization who have an energy output of a small star. They would be so advanced that they could build a sphere around their planet to maximize their energy output.

A Type 3 civilization is so advanced that they have begun colonizing other star systems. Their energy output is massive compared to ours. A civilization this advanced would be able to bend space and time at will. They would probably be capable of interdimensional travel and even time travel.

So where are we here on planet Earth? Well, we are Type 0.

Probably, there’s even a Type 4 civilization, so advanced that it could be indulging in space engineering, terraforming planets by changing their orbits around their parent suns. What of the Quasars and Pulsars that we’ve discovered? Could they have something to do with this space engineering?

Cheers! We may not be alone after all!

Refs:
ufo.whipnet.org...
www.mkaku.org...
www.mkaku.org...

[edit on 19-8-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Wouldn't it make sense that ET's would be advanced enough to communicate to us via our existing technology in combination with our human brain physiology too. I know this is sci.fi stuff but it's worth pondering over.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I work in the scientific community. I work with chemists, physicists, and engineers from a vast array of cultural upbringings, religions and philosophies on life. You would not believe the number of people, that if the topic is just slightly referenced (even in a humorous way), will make a statement that lets you know they believe life is out there.

Apparently the only people who do not believe it are the U.S. government, and in particular the DOD.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I like Michio Maku alot he is one of the few scientists I really look up to and respect. Everything he says is easy for me to understand, no matter how complexe it is, any other scientist their words seem to go into one ear and out the other as if my a.d.d. is in full affect. I agree if a man like Maku says alien civilization's are possible odds are pretty high that he is correct. We need more men like him in this world, not because he believes in aliens but because he has such and open mind, thinks outside the box,has an imagination and is not afraid to discuss certain subjects or theories openly.
If any of you can, check out the video "Alien Planet" it appeared on the discovery channel Hi Def a few months ago, there are reruns but I am not sure of the exact times. He and a slew of other scientists provide commentary to a theorized expedition to another planet capable of supporting life. Very good show. Also I remember he was on a UFO files episode called "Alien Engineering" this was also very good. Anyways peace guys gota mow the lawn.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
How could a true scientist NOT??

Especially in the realms of mathematics and probability.

Who knows how many ..
dimensions x universes x galaxies x solar systems x planets =
US???

No chance no way we are alone.
It's just that the really smart ones wouldn't call in for a cuppa

edit.. why do they put the 'm' so close to the 'n'??

[edit on 19-8-2007 by AGENT_T]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Michio Kaku is awesome. The guy is one heck of a speaker. A brilliant mind, and more importantly an OPEN brilliant mind. The guy has no problem tackling issues and areas most scientists scoff and ridicule. We need more open-minded geniuses like this guy in today's world.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
i watched this guy a few times and i enjoyed his theories allot. their are allt of scientists who believe in alien life but not as many who believe we are visited by them. If they want to contact us it may not be as easy as you think. If you wanted to talk to a lightning bug it would be very difficult, even though you know they communicate with their glowing butts. it would take a long time to learn the language. and try to interpret your own if possible into theres but it probably wouldn't. Just like us and them. there communication could be just as different as us and bugs. if they are visiting us they are on a much higher evolutionary scale then we are.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mrRviewer

not necessarily

bugs aren't sentient beings..

in my opinion it would be much easier for two sentient life forms to figure out some sort of communication technique then it would be for a sentient life form and and insect

[edit on 19-8-2007 by The Phantom]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Kaku is a celebrity among scientists (perhaps because he appears a lot on TV and documentaries
). He is my fav. He is becoming a second Carl Sagan, although I should not compare them. They both are great.

Btw, why is it so surprising that scientists believe in aliens?
The so called 'ET experts' have made you brain dead by feeding too much disinfo about scientists.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Lots of scientists believe that aliens must exist out there somewhere. There are just not that many that believe that they are actually visiting earth, abducting people, etc. There's a big difference in assuming extraterrestrial life is there somewhere based on the vast numbers, versus thinking we are in direct contact with them.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
why are species of extra terrestrials limited to a planet only?

i always thought and still do to this day that there are life forms in open space. things that simply cannot thrive in planetary atmospheres.... for whatever reason...

is it possible(plausible) to think that there is intelligent life that is not restricted to living within a planet?

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by instrumentality

You'll find this article pretty interesting I think...

blog.wired.com...

Scientists are just now starting to find inorganic "lifeforms". They can't prove that they are alive yet, but they are exhibiting "lifelike characteristics."

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
thank you very much for the link.
my wife reminded me recently of the sts tether video saying she believes that the things shown were intelligent (be it organic,a machine, or otherwise) and may be space organisms (for lack of a better term)

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
wow......

exerpt from link:
They can, for instance, divide, or bifurcate, to form two copies of the original structure. These new structures can also interact to induce changes in their neighbours and they can even evolve into yet more structures as less stable ones break down, leaving behind only the fittest structures in the plasma. [...]

"These complex, self-organized plasma structures exhibit all the necessary properties to qualify them as candidates for inorganic living matter," says Tsytovich, "they are autonomous, they reproduce and they evolve."

now THAT is a marvel ..... these particles of non organic matter combine and evolve and only the strongest of said particles survive the process of becoming an INORGANIC AUTONOMOUS SELF REPRODUCING BEING

im a grown adult .....but that is SO BEYOND AWESOME

again, thanks for the link yarcofin

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwatcher
If any of you can, check out the video "Alien Planet" it appeared on the discovery channel Hi Def a few months ago, there are reruns but I am not sure of the exact times. He and a slew of other scientists provide commentary to a theorized expedition to another planet capable of supporting life. Very good show. Also I remember he was on a UFO files episode called "Alien Engineering" this was also very good.

The D.C one is very nice.I might have this somewhere
His theory is very interesting indeeed but to prove it that'll be some task.
That's him who also declared it's (nearly) impossible to travel the time back because it would require far too much energy to handle that task, smtg like half of the whole universe's energy.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Dr Michio Kaku does not think we are being visited by ETs. So i dont know why hes a poster boy for you.

lots of scientists belive there are other civs in the universe. whether we will be able to contact them or detect them is another matter

[edit on 19-8-2007 by yeti101]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Great post mikesingh:up
r Michio Kaku is one of my favorite scientists to watch and listen to. I hope alot of the other scientists ect... can conjure up the bravery to follow his lead in being outspoken about the possibilities of ET life.

I wonder if Dr Greere has asked him to be apart of the disclosure project?

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
why would he want to be involved with the disclosure project? he doesnt belive in flying saucers visiting earth.

[edit on 19-8-2007 by yeti101]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Why do I have the paranoid feeling that this topic is an organized group effort.

This guy has been talked about before. "Scientist believes in aliens!" is not something so out-of-the-ordinary and new--we just never hear about the scientists that do believe on the mainstream media.

Isn't there already a topic out there about this guy? If so, perhaps somebody should post a link in here.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by The Phantom

Well you could say that, but at the same time, we may be like bugs compared to them. We don't even know the full extent of other earthly organisms abilities to communicate with each other, let alone understand what they are communicating to each other. For all we know, some animals may have complex philosophical conversations with each other (lol). Dolphins for example are known to be extremely intelligent, but we can't understand what they say to each other, so we don't know how intelligent they are. I often hear people ignorantly say "if they are that intelligent why haven't they built underwater civilisations." Clearly physiology is also a massive factor to the use of intelligence, dolphins could possibly be more intelligent than humans, but they live underwater and are biologically adapted to do so, therefore they may well have ideas for creating things, but they do not have the required digits to create them.

Im not seriously saying that dolphins are more intelligent than us, but my point is that some organisms may have a lot of potential for development, but are hampered by their physiological and biological design, but we cannot know one way or the other. Perhaps aliens could see us in this manner. If they communicate via telepathy for example and our brains arent developed enough to be able to intepret and understand it, why would they even bother trying to communicate with us? Perhaps they don't have ears to hear or mouths to speak, and don't use any written language or body signing, if this was the case, communication would be pretty much impossible to any meaningful degree. Do we try to communicate with pigs or cows? What benefit would aliens even gain from communicating with us? Clearly if they can get to earth they are far more advanced, so we couldn't offer them anything in terms of technology or knowledge.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join