It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Image: Building (Pics)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
No just confuddled the matter...

THIS is a monolith

Does that mean that only a black, vertical, parallelepiped is a monolith?

Is the colour one of the defining characteristics of a monolith?
Is the position (vertical on your example) one of the defining characteristics of a monolith?
Is the shape one of the defining characteristics of a monolith?
Is the material one of the defining characteristics of a monolith?

Seeing that my dictionary explanation was not correct, can you, as a geologist, explain what is the definition of the word "monolith"?

Its not the crown its the heat You ever try wearing one in 120 degree desert?
You're forgiven!!

But I am a real geologist and I already showed you that granite fractures into fairly regular blocks... but I searched for days trying to find a sample on Earth that was THAT smooth and rectangular... with no luck
I know you are a real geologist, I was just teasing you to see if you would post that.

I think most people do not know about it.

Are there any other types of rock that can break like this?

What is your opinion on how those rock were created?

So Castle on the Hill works better for me....
Fine by me, I like castles.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaPDoes that mean that only a black, vertical, parallelepiped is a monolith?

Well see the defining factor is what the purpose of your monolith is...

See if your looking for 'just rocks' and large tall stone by itself in the open would qualify as would any tall mountain...

However since we are here on a conspiracy site seeking evidence of Alien life on Mars et al... then my picture of that Monolith is what people have in their mind as to what a monolith is and represents... namely an alien edifice placed there for some unknown purpose...

Perhaps we need a new word to separate the two...

Now I also have it on good authority that the actual monolith found on the moon in that crater was not a black 'monolith' but a crystal pyramid that used to sit on top of the Great Pyramid in the days of Atlantis... But they didn't want to put that into the movie so they changed it...

Since Arthur was secretly a CIA operative... he had to comply...

What it did was use the pyramid energy that is known to emanate from the top of the pyramid and disperse it around the countryside... this is a healing energy... However by Homer's time it was already gone... and it is hard to track it for obvious reasons...

The energy from the pyramid's is real... there is even a hospital that uses this design for that purpose...

The story of Arthur and the Pyramid version and change is real...

Here in Vegas you can see this being used on a daily basis, even the Clark County office is a pyramid

But of course that is off topic

So what shall we call a rock that LOOKS like a monolith fitting the Alien construct theory?

Oh and while looking up some stuff on Inanna/Isis/Lilith I came across this...

I think she is your type...

very dark..

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
What you guys fail to realize is that it is not the formation that you see. On the left is a shadow which makes the edges look defined.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
What is your opinion on how those rock were created?

Well the only thing that fractures in nice big blocks is granite... but granite is feldspar mica and quartz mainly. Feldspar is soft and erodes quicky as does mica, especially with water and leaves the quartz as sand

Here is one I did find... (it used to be easier now there are too many blogs to get past to find good stuff
)

As you can see there are a few pieces that are fresh breaks that are very rectangular... but as this picture also shows the erosion is fast looking at the rounded surfaces...

Mars has no rain so we will have to assume the difference in temp between night and day is causing the fracturing... or there is water in the rock

Here is another one..

The cliff that you showed above the Martian rocks looks like a granite face to me... though Mars is an Alien world and we have seen some weird things... a rock still is a rock and unless there are undiscovered elements on Mars I don't see them acting much different...

So I would conclude that MOST LIKELY this is a rock... however it is an extremely unusual and abnormally smooth and square specimen on all visible sides...

I would certainly add it to my must see list

When dynamite cracks granite cliffs it breaks into blocks along the natural fracture lines

Here is one such block

You will notice it IS rectangular... and looks like several of the others you showed on Mars but it is no where near as smooth as the one in question...

Even Castle blocks would not look so smooth...

[edit on 18-7-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
OH and just so I am officially on record on this and can point to this post to save future digging...

Anyone using the hexagon cleavage of a rare form of basalt as proof that rocks do weird things...

Yes a certain type of basalt lava flow upon cooling will fracture into hexagonal long columns... but you better be prepared to show where it likely came from if you want to try that one

I always like this old picture

[edit on 18-7-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Language subtleties is not my strong point, so I like to follow the original meaning of the words, regardless of the language I am speaking at the moment.

I have to remember that other people may just be imaginative instead of ignorant of the true meanings of the words.

I think she is your type...

very dark..
Not dark enough, I like dark hair.

reply to post by zorgon

Thanks for the geology class, I think it was needed, and I also think that you should make a post explaining things from a geological point of view in most of the threads concerning geological (or possible geological) features, in that way you would be helping other ATS members to better understand the way things are, geologically speaking.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Not dark enough, I like dark hair.

OK, so how 'bout this?

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I read this article with interest. Some viewers commented about natural, but peculiar shape of objects occurred in our world. I wonder if anyone has discussed another peculiar feature in Peru, called "Band of Holes". You can type "band of holes" in google, or one of the links is www.world-mysteries.com...
You can see it in Google earth or Google map by yourself. Unfortunately, I never see any photos of close up view of these holes, with a person next to it. And this is just a place on earth and wonder why no-one seems to be interested to go there and took photos?
Has this peculiar feature been discussed in ATS?

Going back to Mars photo with the square box. It is amazing that more photos like this started to come out. Someone suggested that it may be added by NASA using photoshop. Another person indicated that why NASA did that (rather than deleting it). Well, could it be possible that NASA is slowly manipulated all of us so that we can slowly become familiar with the actual conditions of Mars? If NASA has been doctoring the photos for a long time by erasing some "peculiar" or "alien" objects, perhaps now NASA started to give away to public so that the public will not get shock? Or perhaps this is a pressure from ESA, in which they also started to snoop around Mars. Next time the chinese will send their photos, and I wonder if the chinese, US, Russia, and ESA all sit down together and come up with an agreement on what needs to be erased in photos for public viewing? With the advance technology, NASA starts to realize that they do not have the monopoly to take such photos any longer. I found that it is interesting that NASA seems to start opening up their door since ESA started to get involved on their own. NASA started to change the view that Mars is a "red, dead planet", and since ESA started to show photos with possible water flows on Mars, then NASA started to tell us that there was evidence of water in past history of Mars.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

It's better, but I don't like those eyes either.

Originally posted by rhw007
The rover's track go OVER this but it amazed me that there were NO PanCam images in various filters so that a COLOR and also a minerological study of this object was taken. Since the merb site search produced the above image while searching for just nav and pan cam images it appears that no such pancam images were put into the PDS...IF...any were taken. I remain puzzled why this "anomalous" object was not imaged by the PanCam camea suite. That is a question you cannot answer and it is far to late to go back to the site to re-image the object in question for scientific definitive evidence as to WHAT it may be. Certainly is an "odd rock".

To keep the off-topic post count to a minimum I will answer in this post also.

There were more photos taken, as you can see below (although not on the same Sol or even in the same site, the NavCam photos are from site 27, these are from site 28), there are even from several filters, in a total of 29 panoramas made with many photos each. Unfortunately, the filters available are the L2, L5 and L6, so the image is not close to true colour.

After some light adjustments, but without data loss.

So, there is no doubt that they took many more photos than those we usualy see, I wonder why they do not published them as the other photos...

Now, if you promise not to make off-topic posts in other people's threads I will tell you where I got the original images that I used to make this colour image.

I almost forgot, this is a larger image from where I cropped the image above. The original panoramas are 22780x3049.

In the bigger image, those slab-like rocks are also visible.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Unfortunately, the filters available are the L2, L5 and L6, so the image is not close to true colour.

Filters Smilters... of course its not even CLOSE to 'true color...

:shk:

The first clue is the BRIGHT reflection of the sunlight on the Rover at the lower left and more important the reflection off the THING in the background... the reflection from the shiny metal way back in the distance is STILL so bright that it over powers the camera..

So why are we looking at this picture in the dark?

I can see NASA wants us to keep thinking its dull and dreary and dark up there...

And I know ArMaP prefers dark things (dark mood, dark hair in girls, dark Mars photos)

But lets stop hiding behind rose colored glasses...

And just why is that Horizon so smooth straight and featureless? Looking at the aerial view of wheer the rover is shows a lot more rugged terrain... does the camera smooth out the background like those smooth hills in Apollo pictures?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Just in case anyone things its Alien

Well I suppose in reality it is truly and Alien artifact on Mars absolutely and undeniably

Here is the same object closer up...

and then they went even closer to have a look...

Yup truly Alien except WE are the Aliens on Mars

www.thelivingmoon.com...

It is NOT dark and red on Mars... the skies are blue, the air has clouds, and the sun is bright...

But does anyone else wonder why the rover stuck around the same area for so long?

Well over a year as it is still taking pictures of its own debris on Sol 340...

And I am going to go with saying that image is VERY close to real color

Thanks to Keith Laney

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Check out www.garytigerman.com for cool pics and info on his book "The Orion Protocol", which is about the government cover up of alien artifacts on moon and mars being found and withheld from the people. Its fiction based on certain facts, and discusses the face and pyriamids on mars. Excellent conspiracy novel. The NSA and the Pentagon have gotten deeply involved in NASA programs because of national security issues, and the star wars program. NASA is a public program and must submit findings to the public. There is speculation that Mars Observer didnt actually lose radio contact with NASA, but that the government took it over in the interest of national security. I actually posted remarks on this subject under "aliens as humans" on ATS. Fascinating read!! The pics are amazing and real, too.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
How do you post pictures and I will put some cool pics I havent seen on this thread yet.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Filters Smilters... of course its not even CLOSE to 'true color...
But I like to explain the things I post to avoid misunderstandings, something I hate.

And I know ArMaP prefers dark things (dark mood, dark hair in girls, dark Mars photos)
You don't know me that well, I like bright sunny days, even on Mars.

The image is dark because it was already like that, and I usually post images as they are, and when I change things I try to keep it the best possible, without any loss of data.

PS: a correction to what I posted before, not all of the 29 images are panoramas, I haven't seen them all (I am having some problems with my network) but I think that some 17 are panoramas, including the three I used to create the colour version.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
ArMap, I would like you to take a look at this one. This looks a lot like bones to me.

PSP .JP2 Link Location

X: 852
Y: 20294

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by super70

Yes, more ribs.

Too bad there is no way of getting a better resolution than this, at least for now.

PS: I don't think that you will have the time to see all of the HiRISE photos (at the moment there are 6166 available), but you sure find small objects in those photos.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by chelbaby NASA is a public program and must submit findings to the public.

Thanks for the link... but if its fiction I may pass...

NASA is NOT a public program... it is officially under the DoD since 1983

Welcome to the NASA/DoD Agreements Archive
Aerospace Technology and Interagency Liaison Division (Code ID)
www.sti.nasa.gov...

However the DoD maintains several databases with public information... only catch is you need to know what to ask for

www.defenselink.mil...

The NASA stuff is found here...
Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC)
www.dtic.mil...

Seeing as you mentioned "star wars' here is the briefing on the Clementine Satellite a DoD spacecraft..

Subject: Discovery of Ice on the Moon
www.defenselink.mil...

Enjoy

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

PS: I don't think that you will have the time to see all of the HiRISE photos

yeah no kidding I am still trying to get through the thousands of Rover images looking for fossils... and I still haven't found Garvin's 'artifact' yet

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I have a question, and please excuse my ignorance of the issue, but why aren't we being given real color photos of mars? Im confused!
They sell 5 dollar color cameras at Walmart! With billions in funding, all NASA can take is these crazy radio pieced together images with false colors? Are we supposed to guess what colors mars is made up of? Or worse, just take their word for it? What are they afraid of that we might see?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Zoom in so you can see each individual pixel. Of course it looks geometric, it's very low resolution. A picture of your foot will look geometric at that resolution. Look at all the details on the image at the pixel level and every detail looks geometric. Squares and rectangles everywhere...this is what happens when you build an image out of little squares(pixels). The image only uses 30 to 40 pixels to draw each edge of the object.

Put the image into a graphics program(windows paint is fine) then expand it till you are looking at pixels and you will see what I'm talking about.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join