It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Image: Building (Pics)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Mars Image:

This image is of a building, or is it just a VERY big stone, cut by billions of years of erosion into a PERFECT rectangle?

I've removed the "tracks" image as someone has discovered it already.
Thanks for pointing that out!

[edit on 7-7-2008 by super70]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
super70, nice pics thanks for posting them. The "vehicle" tracks were interesting but the one that really got my attention was the rectangular object. It is just so out of place with the rest of the environment. If there were stone formations that broke off in a rectangular formation, you would expect to find more examples in the same location, as you see here on earth.

This should be an interesting thread to watch, I would love to hear the other explanations.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Its easy to get pi**ed off looking at photo's like that.. stuff like that doesn't form naturally! Why wont they just give some information about it!!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Great find dude! Allthough I wonder why I can not see a beginning or and end to the tracks, the second picture is hard to blow away as just a fluke of nature. This picture actualy says more then thousand words. I can't wait to see the explanation for this! One of the best and most convincing images I've ever seen.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by 2Faced]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Are those pictures available on the nasa site? Id like to see the originals. Especialy the one of the rectangle building

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Here's the thread by mikesingh about the mysterious tracks.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I dont know about the second picture though. I dont think I have seen that one before. Worth a good discussion.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Nice pics! Certainly more than just a few odd looking rocks.

I'd say it's pretty obvious there's a coverup at this point. There are way too many anomalous pictures coming from Mars as of late, but all we get from Nasa is "yes, the soil can support life!". Pulleez.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Here is the link to the original image....
ORIGINAL NASA IMAGE

Here is the expanded view of the "building"

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matt.Trakker
Are those pictures available on the nasa site? Id like to see the originals. Especialy the one of the rectangle building

Here it is...hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by super70

A little off topic: have you ever had problems with IAS Viewer? Im trying to view that image up close but it wouldn't download closer view.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
reply to post by super70

A little off topic: have you ever had problems with IAS Viewer? Im trying to view that image up close but it wouldn't download closer view.

Have you had problems with it before? There are some areas on the PS2 image that are strangely out-of-focus compared to the rest of the image. But the building area is clear on my end.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by super70

Yeah I've had problems with it before. It just wouldn't download anything. Im trying to fix the problem right now.

[edit] Ahh never mind. It was the firewall. Okay, Im off to look at that area closer lol. Thanks anyway.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by Deaf Alien]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
That was a great find!

Although I wouldn't call it a building, that is the most out of place thing I have seen so far on Mars photos.

Star and flag!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a) I've seen blocks of rock with remarkably geometrical shapes, during my mountaineering years

b) if you look at the larger image, and use some zoom and imagination, you can start seing domes and towers. Been there done that.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Great pics! Great find!

Where would it be on the original HiRISE image, though? I can't seem to spot it.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Another example of a blurry photograph being transformed magically into an alien artifact, or some other construct build by intelligent hands..

What if you went there today and discovered it was "just a rock"?

sty

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
it would be great to find a higher resolution picture of the same area , or a different angle .If this proved to be true, NASA will have a lot of trouble to explain it ! The "cube" looks quite fresh.
About the tracks - to have one track would be explainable , just an object rolling back and forwards, but you have 2 different tracks - it is at least strange. Yet it could be us - secret missions to Mars.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I dont understand why everything that looks out of place has to be some sign of intelligence.
Why do people allways have to compare what they see on other planets to the probability of what they would find here on earth?

On earth if one sees a symetrical object there is a possability that it was created, Mars is not Earth.
It is a different planet all together with different climate, different size, different elements, different weather, different distance from the Sun.
Looking at some of the Mars lander photos I have seen some amazing rock formations that were extremely high definition and even then I had to do a double take.

Rock formations that stick out striaght like antenna for what has to be atleast 3 to 4 feet horizontally and must be extremely fragile.
A feat that is unheard here on Earth but never the less it is there and quite natural. I have seen people view somthing that is so obviously a natural object that it boggles the mind how they pulled terms like ALIEN CITY, or EGYPTIAN FACES out of their ass. I mean if the average person has to tilt thier head, squint thier eyes or be told in advance what to look for then automatically it can be assumed the scenerio is ruined. Its called "leading people on" and its very easy to do.

Thats how mass paranoia takes effect, it only takes one person to suggest somthing and others follow it under the pretense of having an open mind.
Dont get me wrong I have an open mind, I beleive in ETs, I even beleive that time travel may be possible here on earth. I look at everything with the possability that it may be genuine but also that it may be BS.

I know every one is riding reality on the edge of thier seats waiting and hopeing for some HARD PROOF that ET is real and want to see some more evidence to back it up. But seriously looking at erroneous phtographs of perfectly natural objects and trying by some psychokinetic means to form it into a different object is rediculous.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
In all honesty I am curious about the object and really wish I could go there and see for my self what it is, because my imagination is going 100MPH with fanciful ideas.
Cool photograph though and who is to say that it was just a fly by shot, perhaps it was a intentianl photo to be examined because of the strange object.

Wonder why noone talks about Venus anymore?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Well, I thought that I would, once again, be disappointed when I opened this thread. 9 times out of 10 when someone says "image of such and such on Mars" it turns out to be some blurry pic of nothing.

This is different. I didn't really think that I was going to see something that looks like a building...but it does. I don't know what it is, but a S & F for you for posting this.

Rush

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join