It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Image: Building (Pics)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthChrisious
Where would it be on the original HiRISE image, though? I can't seem to spot it.
Maybe this will help.

Originally posted by snowen20
What if you went there today and discovered it was "just a rock"?
I think that the most probable explanation is that this is a rock, but what I find interesting is the shape of the rock.

Even if it's not a perfect parallelepiped shape (and I think it may not be, the back does not look as perfect as the front), the angles and the flatness of the sides make it almost more interesting if it really is a rock, because of the processes involved in creating a shape like that.

(Yes, I like rocks
)

Originally posted by sty
it would be great to find a higher resolution picture of the same area , or a different angle.
As far as I know, this is the highest resolution available, 27.4 cm/pixel, and that would make the "building" something like 3 metres long by 2 metres wide.

As this "building" is on the central area of the photo, it is also available in false colour.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20

On earth if one sees a symetrical object there is a possability that it was created, Mars is not Earth.
It is a different planet all together with different climate, different size, different elements, different weather, different distance from the Sun.

You have to remember that Mars doesn't always have the same weather, climate, etc. Mars may have had conditions that made life possible. There could be ancient ruins in some places on Mars.

Should we stop looking just because some people might think certain rocks look like something? We may one day find definite proof of ancient life. What do you want us to do, quit looking?

About Venus, yes I do agree. We need to talk about it more. It may once be like Earth millions of years ago. Who knows?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Really? Things like that don't form naturally? Then how do you explain the giants causway?

Some weird things happen in geology.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
a) I've seen blocks of rock with remarkably geometrical shapes, during my mountaineering years

b) if you look at the larger image, and use some zoom and imagination, you can start seing domes and towers. Been there done that.

You made me rethink and do some searching. You might verry well have a point there. I suppose if mars was once an aquatic planet, with large oceans combined with currents, it only takes time and a plateau of soft rock.

But I am not ready, yet, to dismiss the thought that the shape could also be man made. The only way to confirm that, as with so many things, is better images or (boldly) going there.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by 2Faced]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

I think we should continue to scrutinize photographs of Mars and never stop. That is the first step in exploration and while Im aggravated often to see peoples imaginations getting the better of them I would be a hypocrite if I said it never happened to me. I have done my fair share of conclusion jumping and been wrong more than a handfull of times.

So I agree Searching is a positive thing that should be encouraged, and findings should be shared that we may deliberate over them and come to reasonable conclusions.

If said object turned out to be nothing more than a raock it would still be one hell of an interesting rock.

Im still amazed at the geological sites I bore witness to.
When I saw that it was like " WOW this is really an alien planet!" It is things like that feelings alone that make the process worth it.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Yeah, if it is really a rock, it is one hell of a rock lol. Notice that it seems hollowed out. That what makes it more remarkable.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
WOW Buddha, you are back!!!! Long time, no see. Got any pictures to backup what you said?

Yes interesting find and even to have ArMaP say it's interesting has added more credit to this thread.
Nice work, star and flagged.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by crackerjack]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Could that image of the building be superimposed? Meaning, put their on image via photoshop or graphics person/ It does look really interesting, and should be investigated...but at same time, to my eyes, it also kinda looks like it was placed IN the photo, by a pro.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
In my opinion.. it's a rock. Just like all the other skulls, buildings, statues built into the sides of mountains for no good reason, faces that were built facing UP for again, no good reason, etc.

As far as your picture here, you claim it's a PERFECT regtangle. But.. it's not. One side of it is clearly not flat, it is angled. Just zoomed in to 400% or so, and it looks just like a rock to me. Consider: even here on earth, there are many rocks that end up looking just like a face, or a cube, or anything else. There is a rock not 25 miles from my house called Castle Rock. It's quite large, and is, like this picture, quite rectangular. But no one has allusions that it was ever a man-made building. It's not. Nature formed it.

What I find odd is that people find stuff, but don't consider why it would be built there. Why would this "building" by there, all by itself? No signs of any other buildings? That in itself is odd. Why are "statues" found built halfway up the side of a cliff, with no apparant way to do it, and no other structures around. Faces.. built facing up. Why would any civilization do this? Even on this planet, when folks were thinking giant beetles pushed the sun across the sky, and they worshipped the sun, the moon, the stars, they did not build any structures facing UP. It makes no sense. Queen Nefretiti's head engraved into the moon? Just.. WHY? Why would it be there? It's not. It's overreactive imaginations at work.

I'm afraid so far, I've not seen a single "artifact" presented, that I can say "Well now, THERE is an alien structure, megalith, or monument!"

Just like clouds, if you want to badly enough, you can find just about anything in the odd shapes you see.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
i may sound semi retarded but does anyone know how far up the pictur was taken from. Whats your guy's guess on the size of this "object"? IF there were other similar objects beside it, or around i would believe it more to be simply a rock. I dont know if its a building, but looks very cool, wish they had high resolution up close shot of it to give us some happiness. Always seems that stuff like this is always too far away or out of focus annoying as hell dammit....

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
What I find odd is that people find stuff, but don't consider why it would be built there. Why would this "building" by there, all by itself? No signs of any other buildings? That in itself is odd. Why are "statues" found built halfway up the side of a cliff, with no apparant way to do it, and no other structures around. Faces.. built facing up. Why would any civilization do this? Even on this planet, when folks were thinking giant beetles pushed the sun across the sky, and they worshipped the sun, the moon, the stars, they did not build any structures facing UP. It makes no sense. Queen Nefretiti's head engraved into the moon? Just.. WHY? Why would it be there? It's not. It's overreactive imaginations at work.

You are probably right, but do you really think anything an ancient otherworldy civilization has created and why would really make much sense to you? negative.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Admittedly I jumped on this thread all prepared with a “Not another rock in the shape of David Hasselhoff” type reaction but this one has me very curious.
I am fascinated how this ‘object’ is in the middle of nowhere and is as in tact as it is.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Excellent find. This is definitely one to mark on the map and keep an eye on.

Fact is, no one here knows what that object is. Safest guess is it's a rock, but the safest guess isn't always the right one. There aren't any other objects in that area that are even remotely similar to the shape of this object, so it's not a part of a larger geologic (marslogic?) pattern. Again, uniqueness is not sign of intelligent formations (Ayres Rock in Australia).

What can be concluded is that closer examination by either probe or higher resolution satellite imagery is warranted.

We need more pixels!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

You are probably right, but do you really think anything an ancient otherworldy civilization has created and why would really make much sense to you? negative.

If not, why would we assume a regtangular structure is a building?

If this truly was a perfect rectangle, maybe I'd say "huh..", but it's not. It has a slope on one side. So I'm thinking not only the safe guess, but the correct guess, is that it's just a rock.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
whats your source(to prove they are mars pics) I meen are these pics realiest to the public?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
reply to post by Dermo

Really? Things like that don't form naturally? Then how do you explain the giants causway?

Some weird things happen in geology.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

Its really hard to believe those were formed naturally. Those are really wild looking. I could see smooth planed rocks, where the plains are random but those form geometric shapes, just plain weird.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Sorry to repost but does anyone have an estimation to how big you think this "rectangular" like rock is?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It's a fairy dust factory in the first picture
and the second one is relatively the same as all the other rocks around it
come on now

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Part of an on-going inquiry with the PDS:

Specifically I was
searching for an image linked here:

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

where the object in question "looks like" a petrified piece of a wooden log.
The rover's track go OVER this but it amazed me that there were NO PanCam
images in various filters so that a COLOR and also a minerological study of
this object was taken. Since the merb site search produced the above image
while searching for just nav and pan cam images it appears that no such
pancam images were put into the PDS...IF...any were taken. I remain puzzled
why this "anomalous" object was not imaged by the PanCam camea suite. That
is a question you cannot answer and it is far to late to go back to the site
to re-image the object in question for scientific definitive evidence as to
WHAT it may be. Certainly is an "odd rock".

Bob...

[edit on 7-7-2008 by rhw007]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
great find!

it takes a lot of time to find stuff on these pictures, it it weren't for people like the OP, this would never be known!

I agree, nature can shape the environment in the most peculiar ways, but c'mon people, this is a very clear and regular shaped object!

I've seen those basalt prisms before, and I've seen some odd shaped rock here and there.
but this...

you are on to something! keep it up! and thanks for pointing it out!
i do believe there is more to Mars that what we've been told, time will tell, soon...

Dark secrets look for light as they say!

[edit on 8-7-2008 by TheOneEyedProphet]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join