It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Image: Building (Pics)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
If you look at the image, right click and save it, you should be able to open in a picture viewing program and zoom in all you want. I happened to look at the larger image, and theres a few things that seem out of place. !st off, the light come from the right, cause it sets a shadow on the left of the mountains, so that means those small round things are sticking up, and not down like a crater, so who built the round structure? And theres a long rectangular building to the left of the bottom left mountain. very strange images. Though then again, i think i believe Wiiliam Cooper, so im not suprised.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by super70

Fake...I looked at this in PS and the pixilation doesnt match the rest of the photo, this was dropped in from a smaller resolution. Nice try.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Did anybody ever see the images of the 4 rectangular objects at the south pole? Each object was said to be hundreds of feet high and each had equal distances from eachother. I have searched endlessly for this image and can't find it. I hate when these images disappear suddenly. Same happened with the strange object on the horizon from the Phoenix mission. JPL took down that photo in a hurry. I have emailed them twice about the image being taken off their site and obviuosly have had no response.
Why am I not surprised?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Just my Monopoly hotel, sorry.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by stinkhorn

Not sure what you are talking about stinkhorn, the image is from NASA's site, I suggest you download the IAS viewer software and examine the image yourself. These are the coordinates to the "building"...

X: 8979 Y: 15327

Thanks everyone for the great debate on this find, Its really satisfying to find something interesting after hours and hours of pouring over these HR images with a fine toothed comb.

One thing I would like to point out about the image, which in my opinion is stone (whether it is intelligently designed or natural) either way is amazing.
If the the stone was carved by wind, it would in all likelihood be rounded on the edges, but it clearly is not rounded. If it is natural, then it would make sense there would be like rocks nearby, which there clearly is not. Extreme wind mixed with sand creates a sandblasting effect over millions of years. These winds tend to alter direction from time to time, thus rounding ythe corners on every side. This has not occurred on this structure.

One guess I would make is that perhaps it was recently unearthed (or unmarsed I guess would be the correct term lol) and therefor has not been exposed to the elements in the last few hundred years.

If it were in fact carved by liquid water, then this in itself would be a huge discovery, as the debate of liquid water on mars is ongoing.

Or of course it could be the capstone of an enormous buried pyramid.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Not to pick holes, but the picture of the original image is hosted by Flikr. Do you have a link to the original image from the Nasa site? It's all too easy to doctor an image and upload it somewhere else.

I'm not exactly skeptical since I've seen a lot of weird anomalies on the pictures hosted on the Nasa site, none quite as clear as this though. I just like to get my sources straight before I pass this information along to others.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
Its easy to get pi**ed off looking at photo's like that.. stuff like that doesn't form naturally! Why wont they just give some information about it!!

Actually stuff like that *Does* form naturally Have you ever looked at crystal formations? They are almost perfectly geometric. Whether they be hexagonal or rectangular, these shapes most certainly *do* occur in nature.

I agree it is an interesting photograph, and one that should be investigated for sure. However to blindly assume that this couldn't happen in nature just shows your ignorance. Now go get angry about that.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by super70

Thanks for finding the post, but you would have done well to include natural crystal formations as a possible answer.

It's much more plausible than "A Building"

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Looks as though I'm gunna have to journey over to Mars and have a peek see for myself

Mod Note: Looks like you're "gunna" have to learn not to type in all caps while you're there, as I dislike retyping for people.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
looks a lot like my old mobile home. I always wondered where that tornado took it too...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by unnamedninja
Not to pick holes, but the picture of the original image is hosted by Flikr. Do you have a link to the original image from the Nasa site? It's all too easy to doctor an image and upload it somewhere else.

I'm not exactly skeptical since I've seen a lot of weird anomalies on the pictures hosted on the Nasa site, none quite as clear as this though. I just like to get my sources straight before I pass this information along to others.

This is the image ninja (from NASA)....NASA IMAGE

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

Your talking about earth, not mars.
Not everything is like earth.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I would like to point that the image, as all images from HiRISE, is on a site from the University of Arizona, they are the responsible for the HiRISE mission, part of Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Yes, you understood it right.

At 27.4 centimetres per pixel, we just have to count the pixels.

[edit on 8/7/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
As with all the images of this sort, I always feel the need to ask just one, simple question: Is this all we have, just the image?

Because if this is all we have, then we don't really have much of anything. Maybe a solitary building could be left out in the middle of nowhere. Maybe it's too symmetrical to be a natural formation. Maybe.

Maybe. Maybe. Maybe.

But do we have anything to back up any of the maybes? Nope.
So what do know for sure? A few pixels on an image kind of looks like something.

I guess that blows the lid off the whole alien conspiracy, huh?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

Totally agree with you. I've got some of these crystal formations at home. But check all these images out. These are naturally forming rocks.

Iron Pyrite Cube

Odd naturally formed causeway

Naturally formed Octahedral Diamond

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I wonder about all of the geometric formations found here on earth that people believe to be natural, could these formations have been constructed by our highly intelligent ancestors millions of years ago and we only now are unearthing these formations.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by prionace glauca]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
As with all the images of this sort, I always feel the need to ask just one, simple question: Is this all we have, just the image?

Because if this is all we have, then we don't really have much of anything. Maybe a solitary building could be left out in the middle of nowhere. Maybe it's too symmetrical to be a natural formation. Maybe.

Maybe. Maybe. Maybe.

But do we have anything to back up any of the maybes? Nope.
So what do know for sure? A few pixels on an image kind of looks like something.

I guess that blows the lid off the whole alien conspiracy, huh?

Nope... all it does is demonstrate your kink for picking up goalposts and running with them.

Your team's tactic's... lol
A story ... Where's the photo?

A story and photo... It's too blurry, no good... too clear, obviously photoshopped

A story and photo with witness... Just a story with a photo, where's the physical evidence

A story, photo, witness, physical evidence, film, book, TV series... Nohup's team pick up the goalposts and run right over the edge of the cliff

Sorry, couldn't resist!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
Thanks for finding the post, but you would have done well to include natural crystal formations as a possible answer.
It's much more plausible than "A Building"

So you are stating that a 'crystal' of that size forming on Mars with no others like it on Mars is a 'plausible' answer?

Now since minerals of known types crystalize in known patterns can you please show me an example on Earth that would match a rectangular "crystal" of that size? And I assume you ARE aware that rock cannot form crystals only the mineral itself? And to make a crystal of that size, with no others near it you call THAT plausible?

It may not be a building... but it's certainly not a crystal either
A lone block of Granite maybe... but you would have to explain how it got there when there is no other blocks around... as rectangular blocks of granite form when granites breaks apart

Now maybe its a totally unknown Martian Giant Crystal

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

It depends on who believes that they are natural.

If the ones who believe that they are natural are people that study rocks and the natural processes involved then I think it more likely that they are really natural than if the ones believing are people that know nothing about rocks.

And that is the problem (well, one of the problems) with the Internet, the fact that all data is available does not make us experts.

PS: I have been looking at that photo and I saw that there are more angular stones on that area, a little to the left and a little down from the place of the "building".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join