It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military trained how to deal with encounters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I havent looked to see if this topic has been covered, so forgive me if it has. As well, I am basing this subject solely on the recounting of another, since I never experienced this.
I was just out with a couple of friends and met a guy that just got back from Iraq. We shared a lot of mutual war stories, since I am also a Desert Storm vet. The topics kept evolving in and out of the realistic and conspiracy and eventually he leaned in to tell me tales.
To start, his uncle had banished all of his family from a large section of his land with no reason or explanation. At his death, he finally told them why. He had been clearing some land and was exploding some stumps when a grey, slinder figure dressed in all white jumped out from a bushy area as one of the explosions was apparently too close. The uncle's diary had images of a short, slender figure with a grey bulbous head and frail features, large black eyes and long skinny fingers (a point that was repeated several times) that he had drawn. There was no communication and the figure seemed to be gone as fast as it had appeared. The uncle described this as a "demon" and from then on forbid anyone from entering that section of his land to protect them from harm.
Ok, so that story is not on topic, but I had to tell that to tell this.

He leaned in and recounted to me a story that I have never heard of before. As he told this tale, he was constantly looking over his shoulder and stopping periodically as people came close.
When he went through training, he had to undergo "sensitivity training". This was a training session about how to deal with extra terrestrial encounters. To start, all encounters were to be denied at all cost. Someone else would explain what happened. Next, any items that landed on Earth were to be defended from the general public with any and all levels of necessary force. He was actually told that anyone not deterrable, the use of excess and mortal force was authorized. Last, everything, and anything, that he ever saw that was considered under this policy was to be considered top secret and he could never mention it again.
I mentioned "the dark side of the Moon" and before I could get any further, he said "oh you mean the observation bases there?" as if it was so much common knowledge.
So, they are training military soldiers to use mortal force to protect the fact that aliens are landing, crashing, or moving among us.

I have so many different thoughts about this that I have no idea which way to go. Of all of my skeptical thoughts about this entire subject, I think I have little recourse but to start reviewing everything that I truly believe and look at this with fresh eyes.

I welcome thoughts, counterpoints, or criticisms.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

Interesting. But maybe the uncle had it right. Maybe they are demons. Maybe the government just plants these little lies for people to spread them around to cover up the fact that there are demons. Maybe the truth is much more frightening than what most people believe. The government might be protecting us from the truth with good reason.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

Being a Navy Aviation guy, I get to hear a fair share of stories and what-not through the grape vine. Many of them are something to the tune of "if I were to tell you all I knew about Aliens or UFOs, you and me both would be thrown in jail/put to death/etc"

I've heard of a number of cases of USOs and UFOs approaching carriers and being reported by the guys on watch, but the corresponding videos from the deck cameras cannot be found for those times or are simply unavailable.

Though none of that really gets any closer to answering the questions we all have. Are they aliens? Are they government projects? How much of what - is what?

And I have to say that if I knew the "truth" - I would likely say the same as those before me, and would likely come to the same conclusions they have about nondisclosure.

Though there are a number of contingency plans for dealing with unidentified aircraft and crashes. It's mostly around to deal with any unidentified object that has crashed. The idea is to prevent our technology from falling into the hands of foreign intelligence agents and/or operatives and to prevent their intel agents/operatives from being able to destroy any of their own technology that crashes on our soil.

Though it would apply to ETs, as well - it's intentionally worded to be rather nondescript and vague... mostly because, regardless of whether it is ET or an advanced aircraft of our own design - the same rules apply - you don't want John Doe poking around and taking souvenirs. If you say "ET craft" - then sort of excludes our own craft... and if you say our own craft - then that excludes ETs or foreign craft.

And it wouldn't surprise me if we had observation and research outposts on the moon. Would be the logical place to move a lot of projects to.... if, for no other reason, that it's FAR more secure.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I completely agree that while he might have undergone general training in the protection and recovery of anything deemed sensitive, what struck me was the terminology of it all.
Sensitivity training, aliens, extra terrestrial craft, and the fact that he said that if he was guarding such a site, he could shoot to kill.
It just seems a bit extreme. There was no mention of confinement or relocation, no mention of interrogation or prison, just shoot to kill. Perhaps he could have been going for something a bit more dramatic, but I was taking in the terminology.

Blueracer, every description points to alien observation, rather than actual demons. The sparking event happened in the early 80s, which would mean that ET and alien encounters were left up to Hollywood, the "nut-jobs" and abduction freaks. So perhaps that played a role in his depiction that they were demons rather than aliens. He said he plans to go back there after his duty tour is up and to reclaim the diary so that he can look further into it.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I would say that stories of demons have been around far longer than stories of aliens. Don't rule it out just because it sounds different than what we've been conditioned to believe.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

Or Aliens were simply misinterpreted as 'demons' by simpler folk under the spell of religious doctrine in earlier times. If you read anything on ancient Sumerian's etc, it could be argued that 'Aliens' were 'first' given all of their stories were recorded thousands of years before Noah or Christ... and so on.

Just my 2 cents worth!

IRM

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This forum is starting to read like a late night D-LIST movie. The rank and file of our military, unfortunately, is not that smart and not that trusted in matters as serious as this. I assure you that if there isn't a small unit of eggheads with high security clearances tasked with downed crafts/encounters then there are only soldiers who are called in to secure the perimeter. If you think otherwise then your in fantasy land. This story is nuanced with a lot of BS~! Sorry.

AS-

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
I would say that stories of demons have been around far longer than stories of aliens. Don't rule it out just because it sounds different than what we've been conditioned to believe.

Pagan religions preceding Christianity for example, attributed weather phenomena to figures such as Thor, and we now know that lightning is not made by a Viking in a sky with a hammer.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I was in the military for eleven years and my brother recently retired from the USAF. We have never been trained on how to deal with encounters. However, that does not mean the military does not train a select few on those types of paranormal encounters. Another words, not all military personnel are trained on that sort of thing.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
"Military trained to deal with encounters"

I would hope so, since if they assume there's nothing out there, and don't bother with a response tactic, they wouldn't be doing their job.
If dealing with hostile entities, unknown radioactive or harmful substances, or to capture new technology is at stake, it is the military's job to do it.

[edit on 7/7/08 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

I have to admit that I did not ask him how many people went into this training. As you said, it could have just been a select few. The aspect that made me post this is that it begins to validate things that have only been in the realm of suspicious.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
What branch of the military is your friend in, and what is his rank? This information might give some clues as to why he was trained in the areas you mentioned. I can't imagine aliens and UFO's being a big priority in Iraq right now.

new topics

top topics

join