It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something has changed, timeline?

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStandingMan

- Can't Buy Me Love (1987)

I found three changes of which I want to mention one which shocked me. There is a scene where Ronald Miller is sitting outside at lunch by the tree and hurries to help his friend who is in trouble as some guy is going to beat him up. I remember clearly that Ronald picked up the baseball bat and hit the nearest table with the bat before he went to talk to this guy. Well, in the current version he picks up the bat but he won't hit the table. He just goes to talk to this guy with the bat (but he doesn't do anything with that bat).

Hi guys, I had to come back to this thread after a long time since I encountered an incredible timeline change and I want to share it with you. I wrote to this thread on 21-4-2009 about different timeline changes I have noticed in movies, especially in the one called "Can't Buy Me Love". At that time I had just finished watching that movie on YouTube and as I reported to you I was shocked by many changes I found in this movie. Especially, I couldn't believe that the "hitting the table with a bat" scene didn't happen (Ronald just takes the bat, walks to the guys and handles the situation by talking).

But now I'm in shock again. I JUST WATCHED THE SAME SCENE ON YOUTUBE AND THIS TIME RONALD HITS THE TABLE WITH THE BAT. A TIMELINE CHANGE WITHIN A YEAR???

See the scene on YouTube (from 6:36 on):
www.youtube.com...

What the F**K is going in our reality???? I don't know about you guys but I feel that our reality scares the hell of out me day by day.

[edit on 11-2-2010 by LastStandingMan]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aron1138

HAHA You're RIGHT! that's incredible why the hell is is so far up north. I remember it being MUCH MUCH further to the south. and also I don't remember that spike at the top of Aussie either.

Originally posted by Thill
ok that thing with Australia is very spooky
After catching up on the thread I went and checked the location of Australia on goggle earth , now this is very spooky , I can swear Australia is not supposed to be so close to any other land mass . It is supposed to be in the middle of the ocean surrounded just by water!

I know this as I had a huge argument with a friend once about if a lone boat could get to Australia on its own (me saying it could not as it has way to much water to cross) . Now from the looks of it I could get to Australia with a darn kayak !

OK now I don't know what to think ... either goggle earth has a major glitch , or the earth is shrinking or that continent decided to swim north to have some company with other land masses.

Originally posted by Jomina

You are not alone in thinking that NZ was located there. I've ALWAYS remembered it being there, and until i saw it mentioned in this thread as being to the SE of Aus, I STILL thought so. I even had to look at a world map to verify it.

But I remember being in school, looking at the huge map we had on the wall, and right there was NZ, to the NW of australia.

I paid close attention to it because australia and NZ have always fascinated me (I even wrote a novel BASED in NZ and researched it a LOT). Now explain that to me, seriously, how I could have researched a book, looked at maps constantly of the country, watched films, etc of it to research, and have always KNOWN it was to the NW of australia... and yet now it's to the right?

This is just dumbfounding me. Seriously. What the hell.

Yes, looking at the current location of New Zealand and Australia is like living some kind of nightmare in disbelief. Something weird has definitely happend to those land masses as they have shifted and changed their places on the map. But I don't understand why only few of us can see what has happend to NZ and Australia. Shouldn't this be breaking news in the media? If yesterday NZ was to the NW of Australia and today on the opposite side, sure there are a lot of other people who have noticed the same thing?

My own memory of NZ is now very vivid. I remember the time when I was exploring the map of NZ on a computer. It happend probably in 2005 and I was using Google Earth to explore the places in the world where I would like to travel to.

I had a funny plan to travel through the Australia and NZ from right to left. First starting from the right coast of Australia and ending up to the left coast of Australia from where I would continue to Auckland in NZ (located to the NW of Australia).

I remember myself finding information about catamarans which would operate from the left coast of Australia to Auckland in the north-west. And then there is one thing I remember, there wasn't Stewart Island below the south island of NZ like there is now, just blue water.

[edit on 11-2-2010 by LastStandingMan]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Finally joined the site just for this topic.
Honestly, this New Zealand thing absolutely made my jaw drop. I vividly remember New Zealand being to the Northwest of Australia, and NOWHERE near where the maps show it being now.
I seriously don't know what is going on. Looking at a world map now, that whole area of the world looks completely different to me. Everything seems to have completely changed over there.
Assuming that we're not crazy, why are we remembering this when apparently nobody else is?
I am generally not one to buy into this stuff, but this is just flat-out spooky.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

www.amazon.com...

It is a widely known but insufficiently appreciated fact that Albert Einstein and Kurt Gödel were best friends for the last decade and a half of Einstein's life. They walked home together from Princeton's Institute for Advanced Study every day; they shared ideas about physics, philosophy, politics, and the lost world of German-Austrian science in which they had grown up. What is not widely known is that in 1949 Gödel made a remarkable discovery: there exist possible worlds described by the theory of relativity in which time, as we ordinarily understand it, does not exist. He added a philosophical argument that demonstrates, by Gödel's lights, that as a consequence, time does not exist in our world either. If Gödel is right, Einstein has not just explained time; he has explained it away.

Without committing himself to Gödel's philosophical interpretation of his discovery, Einstein acknowledged that his friend had made an important contribution to the theory of relativity, a contribution that he admitted raised new and disturbing questions about what remains of time in his own theory. Physicists since Einstein have tried without success to find an error in Gödel's physics or a missing element in relativity itself that would rule out the applicability of Gödel's results. Philosophers, for the most part, have been silent.

To be more accurate, when he says "time does not exist" he actually means "time as we perceive it does not exist." That is, the arrow of time is merely a figment of our imagination, or a result of a kind of temporal amnesia. We only have records (written, mental or otherwise) of movement forward in time. The famous two-slit light experiment where believers in quantum mechanics assert particles magically split into "virtual" pairs might therefore actually be the same particle traveling back and forth in time and going through both slits. Rather than faster-than-light communication of information, particles that exhibit spooky interactions at a distance are entangled with one another because they're actually the same particle at different points in (space)time. No magic quantum phenomena are required. You don't need dark matter to explain the discrepancy in mass in the Universe. You just have to admit that human perceptions do not define reality.

[edit on 12-2-2010 by Crito]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
What are you guys talking about regarding Australia & New Zealand? I looked at maps, google earth and it seems as it always has to me. Look at this map from 1820 - all is as it should be and still is. I don't get it - are you people from a different timeline as me?

www.lib.utexas.edu...

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crito

You just have to admit that human perceptions do not define reality.

[edit on 12-2-2010 by Crito]

Mentally challenging stuff i guess. But unfortunately, human perceptions DO define reality, because our 5 senses -see, hear, taste, touch, smell - tells us so. The only difference may lies in its terms of defination.

For example, Westerners define the term salt. Perhaps some African will call it by another name. But it tastes the same - saltish. That is reality.

Look at the sky with clouds and then close your eyes, then a while later, open them up and look again. The clouds had moved. What caused the clouds to move? It was the wind, over a period, defined as TIME, and defined using a mathematical formula to calculate wind speed and force of acceleration to move a massed object. This is Reality.

Unless maths and science is disproved, then time does not exist. But to date, maths had been the cornerstone of our evolution of perceptions and reality.

Quantum mechanics deals with energy particles, but we are biological beings. Unless we can be reduced to energy particles, then perhaps in a quatum mechanical world, we will be able to travel through time and space. Till then, for humanity, time exists.

I am by no means claiming I am right. I am just another nick on the net, and insignificant, just sharing an insight, just as i welcome your insight. Good luck and may you find more convincing data to show that perhaps time do not exist and is only a perception not grounded on reality.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
What are you guys talking about regarding Australia & New Zealand? I looked at maps, google earth and it seems as it always has to me. Look at this map from 1820 - all is as it should be and still is. I don't get it - are you people from a different timeline as me?

www.lib.utexas.edu...

I don't know. I really have no clue WHAT is going on, but I am 100% that New Zealand...for me at least...was NOT always where it is now. It used to be Northwest of Australia. I can picture exactly where it was in maps I have looked at. And Australia was not always as far north as it is now. Like I said, that whole area looks different to me.
I don't know if I buy the whole timeline-change theory or what, or if I have always just been mistaken (which is *very* possible) as to where New Zealand was, but this whole thing just doesn't feel right to me.

P.S The first thing I did after seeing where New Zealand shows up on maps now is to go back and look at old maps, and all the old maps show it exactly where it is now. Like I said, I am puzzled beyond belief.

[edit on 12-2-2010 by HeardTheOwl]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeardTheOwl
Finally joined the site just for this topic.
Honestly, this New Zealand thing absolutely made my jaw drop. I vividly remember New Zealand being to the Northwest of Australia, and NOWHERE near where the maps show it being now.
I seriously don't know what is going on. Looking at a world map now, that whole area of the world looks completely different to me. Everything seems to have completely changed over there.
Assuming that we're not crazy, why are we remembering this when apparently nobody else is?
I am generally not one to buy into this stuff, but this is just flat-out spooky.

Originally posted by berkeleygal

www.lib.utexas.edu...

At first I wasn't also interested in stories about timeline changes but after encountering and seeing so many changes and strange things I have started to believe.

I have one theory. There are parallel timelines and a few of us have moved to another timeline which is almost an exact copy of the original, except for some minor and major changes there and here. And, of course, only you, who are from a different timeline, can see these changes as NZ was located in a different place on your original timeline.

Since no one in NZ or Australia is making a big noise about this and since everything looks normal to the majority, I think it leads to only one conclusion: everything has always been like this on this timeline, people in NZ have always lived to the south-east of Australia and rest of the world have always seen NZ located in the south-east, on this timeline. Everything looks normal from their view.

Here is again a quotation of the Project Camelot interview which I posted a long time ago to this thread. It may give some kind of answer to our NZ mystery:

"The situation with time loops is that there are a large number of parallel timelines, lots of branches."

"Basically, it’s just a huge mess. We've opened Pandora’s Box, starting with the Manhattan Project, and we haven't yet found a way to deal with the consequences."

"Things get in. Things that we all know about that are discussed on the net a lot. Beings, and influences, and all kinds of weird stuff, and I can tell you they’ve created big problems."

"The other problem is that if you’re creating rips in spacetime you’re messing with time itself, whether you mean to or not. There have been attempts to fix that, and it all results in a complicated overlay of time loops."

But thank you HeardTheOwl for telling your similar memories of NZ. It made me happy. We are not crazy, but the reality of our world seems to be. I feel that is important to spread the word and make people know about these things so they don't think that they are crazy.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
A friend pointed out that I could possibly be remembering the position of New Zealand on a Risk board as opposed to where it really is, but I don't remember it being NW of Australia on a Risk board. Plus, I hate Risk with a passion.

It's just frustrating. I can see world maps in my head that I looked at *specifically* for NZ and I know exactly where NZ *should* be, and it's not there.
The timeline theory is interesting. I haven't experienced any of these other things, though, like thinking famous people are dead only to find them alive.
I *have* been experiencing a HUGE amount of 11:11s, though, which has also fascinated me and seems to be another weird topic on boards like these.
All I want is to jump to a timeline where I am rich and then stay there. Is that too much to ask?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
UMMMM???? WTF??? I just looked at this thread, then started searching for australia maps- they all are wrong. This is beyond scary. When I started reading I thought ohh, a glitch in google, but no all the maps are wrong. I clearly rememmber new zealand was on top of australia. NW I am sure. I remember reading a lot about it when I was young, I always wanted to go there. And remember when Xena was popular, they filmed it there and I remember looking at it on a map. I also am a sailor- haven't sailed there, but remember searching charts and plotting a course to go there. THIS IS NOT RIGHT. And yes when did AUS move way up under new guinea, it used to be down farther and I have to go look again at where the GBR is now.
I can see how youTube Videos, etc could be from different sources "content edit's, etc" But Continents don't just up and move.
I think we should try to figure when this happened. When is the last time everyone remembered New Zealand being in the right place? I can't for sure remember the latest date, but I know at least up to 2005 it was right and probably up to 07'

I think this needs its own thread!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bryan2006

OK, now I am completely unnerved. I agree the Australia - NZ placement discussion needs its own thread, who is going to start it?

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LastStandingMan

This has been bugging me all day... Why did I need to look at this? I forgot to mention this fall I was looking at a map of the south pacific and did see NZ in the SE, and thought that's odd the map must be off.
Also I checked wikipedia and NZ and they claim NZ is 1250 miles away from Australia, that is no quick jaunt, I remember it being much closer and like you say being able to take quick boat "catamaran sailing charters back and forth" 1250 miles would take 5-10 days depending on weather. I remember it was a one day trip. (I never actually did the trip, but looked into it deeply)
Also Indonesia isn't right, it looks like it is on a E-W plain and I remember it being more N-S oriented. And also that Australia lied south of the cape of Africa, with the latitude (cape of africa) being about equal to mid continent. (Aus)
I've always noticed a few quirks here and there, but this is the first big shocker for me.
I dunno maybe IM just f'd in the head?

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I'll make a new thread about this subject since I guess I started this whole mess

I'll gather all posts related to this subject and put them on the start page of the new thread.

I think it's very difficult to handle this whole timeline stuff since it depends only on your memory, how good is your memory and it's very easy to say that you remembered it all wrong.

If I'm right and we are, indeed, on a different timeline, there are no proof, not a single paper, image or photo telling that NZ and Australia were located in a different place before. It's only in our head but it's good that they can't erase our memories whoever is behind all of this.

But think about this very carefully. Why New Zealanders aren't making a big noise about this? If I were a New Zealander and lived all my life in NZ, even the time when NZ was located to the NW of Australia, surely I and all of New Zealanders would be in big shock and all hell would be breaking loose. If you go and ask a New Zealander about this I'm pretty sure that they will say they have lived all their life in the SE, and of course, on this timeline.

But where are New Zealanders with their memories of NZ located in the NW? I would bet that you don't find these people on this timeline as they are living their normal life in the NW, on a different timeline.

The change in the location of NZ and Australia is the biggest timeline change I have noticed in my life. But there are a lot of other, minor things I have noticed, like words that have changed their explanations and places in a dictionary, towns that have moved to other locations, missing/altered scenes in movies and the list goes on.

This stuff is so supernatural that you can't talk about it with anyone without being marked as crazy. And that's why I think it's great that there are places like ATS where we can speak freely about these kinds of things with each other and it makes me happy.

[edit on 13-2-2010 by LastStandingMan]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I am not a New Zealander. But I was given a huge National Geographic Atlas of the World for my 9th birthday, which I loved and spend hundreds of hours browsing through it. I remember New Zealand being exactly where it is today.

Of course, this will mean nothing to anyone convinced that it has moved. I understand that.
But honestly... are you saying that you (meaning everyone discussing this New Zealand "mystery") really find it more plausible that the timeline has somehow changed - not that your memory might be defective, for lack of a better term?

Memory - which I happen to believe is actually outside the brain (but the paths and mechanisms of access are located in the brain) - is a very interesting phenomenon which still holds many mysteries. Any self-respecting neurologist will tell you that.

There are, for example, people (not many cases are properly documented, but they DO exist) who recall everything in mirror-images. In other words, if they see a picture with a house on the left they tend to recall the same picture with the house being on the right.
There is nothing wrong with their sight, or with their memory in general (in fact, their memory in general seems to be far better than average), it's just that the images are reversed at the moment of recall. Why? Who knows. (Certainly not neurologists.)
But this phenomenon exists.
And the house in the original picture still is on the LEFT...

I am not saying you may be "suffering" from the same (although you might be) - I am merely trying to illustrate the intricacies of the mind and of the memory. Even most neurologists aren't familiar with most of them - and you are saying that you are? Does that really sound plausible to you?

The mind is endlessly intriguing and fascinating - and certainly well worth investigating. Personally I find it no less interesting - far more, actually - than far-fetched speculations about timeline changes.
(And this comes from someone who is actually open to the idea of a malleable time.)

[edit on 13-2-2010 by Vanitas]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

I am not a New Zealander. But I was given a huge National Geographic Atlas of the World for my 9th birthday, which I loved and spend hundreds of hours browsing through it. I remember New Zealand being exactly where it is today.

Of course, this will mean nothing to anyone convinced that it has moved. I understand that.
But honestly... are you saying that you (meaning everyone discussing this New Zealand "mystery") really find it more plausible that the timeline has somehow changed - not that your memory might be defective, for lack of a better term?

Memory - which I happen to believe is actually outside the brain (but the paths and mechanisms of access are located in the brain) - is a very interesting phenomenon which still holds many mysteries. Any self-respecting neurologist will tell you that.

There are, for example, people (not many cases are properly documented, but they DO exist) who recall everything in mirror-images. In other words, if they see a picture with a house on the left they tend to recall the same picture with the house being on the right.
There is nothing wrong with their sight, or with their memory in general (in fact, their memory in general seems to be far better than average), it's just that the images are reversed at the moment of recall. Why? Who knows. (Certainly not neurologists.)
But this phenomenon exists.
And the house in the original picture still is on the LEFT...

I am not saying you may be "suffering" from the same (although you might be) - I am merely trying to illustrate the intricacies of the mind and of the memory. Even most neurologists aren't familiar with most of them - and you are saying that you are? Does that really sound plausible to you?

The mind is endlessly intriguing and fascinating - and certainly well worth investigating. Personally I find it no less interesting - far more, actually - than far-fetched speculations about timeline changes.
(And this comes from someone who is actually open to the idea of a malleable time.)

You know I don't think it's about mirror-images or deceptive memory if you consider the following:

- I have known all my life (I'm 30 years old now) deep inside of me that NZ is on the left/to the NW of Australia (the picture is still in my head)

- I remember like yesterday that about 5 years ago I was exploring the map of NZ with Google Earth cm by cm and at that time it was almost exactly side by side with the west coast of Australia. As I was planning to travel to Australia and NZ I even looked at catamaran routes to Auckland from the west coast of Australia as NZ was so close to Australia that it could almost touch it.

- In 2009 when I looked at the map of NZ again I got goose pumps and almost fell of my chair when I saw that NZ wasn't anymore in the NW but in the SE (I think it was the final nail in the coffin of deceptive memory).

- NZ and Australia are part of my BOTHERING memories along with many childhood and youth memories.

- There is a point to which you will think of it just as your deceptive memory but when you start seeing similar changes there and here (e.g. you don't find anymore those thrilling scenes of your favorite tv series or movies you loved as a kid or you will find but you get the feeling that somebody is trying to fool you as, again, you remember it otherwise deep inside of you).

- After reading similar experiences and stories about timeline changes, then you start understanding that it's not because of your bad memory but something is really wrong in this world and you do the math, 1 + 1 = 2.

But like I said, this is going to be a very difficult thing to be proved, if this a wrong timeline and all proof is on a different timeline and in our head.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Just to avoid any shadow of misunderstanding (perhaps for the benefit of others who may be reading this), the "mirror-image" example was just that: an extreme - but nevertheless real - example of the enigmas of the mind (and of how little even science knows about it).

My main point was that there could be MYRIAD of mind (not necessarily brain) related issues that could account for the perceived shift in the location of NZ. Just because they are rare or even unknown they (ot their possibility) shouldn't be ignored. That's all.

And for what it's worth: as I indicated in my previous post, I am actually quite open to the idea of time shifts, slips, whatever one might call them. Very much so.

But it is precisely because I believe (believe, not "know") they are possible that I personally insist on eliminating - insofar it is possible - every other explanation.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
hello, yes i am reporting in that i too remember new zealand being NW of australia - my mom, however, says it is east of australia. she is also acting a little different, i think i may have jumped dimensions again.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Oo now that's just bizzare. I've always thought and remembered NZ being NE of Australia

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

This is now

This is before, I just did a quick edit, did not feel like making it perfect, but you get the idea

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
wow, just looking at that freaked me out; I thought that everyone had gone bizonkers when I first read this, because I do remember NZ in the SE where it is shown, however, never before have I seen australia attached to any other land mass at all, it was totally surrounded by water and not near to land even to appear attached to any land!!!!! WTF IS GOING ON HERE?

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join