It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle UFO spotted over Coventry

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This sighting appears to have been reported on today by The Coventry Telegraph.

A YOUNG couple have told how they spotted "a UFO" hovering in the Coventry night sky.

Kieran Smith and girlfriend Sophia Whelan were amazed when they noticed a spooky triangle of lights moving above them in Coundon.

Kieran, aged 17, recorded their close encounter in Barkers Butts Lane using the video on his mobile phone.

They made the discovery on Wednesday, June 11, at about 9.45pm.

The pair have both been sceptical about unidentified flying objects in the past, but that has all changed after that evening's experience.

Kieran, of Clovelly Road, Wyken, said: "I was amazed, completely shocked by what we saw. We just couldn't explain it.

"If anyone had told me that they had seen something which resembled a UFO, I wouldn't have believed them, but now that has changed.

www.coventrytelegraph.net...

[edit on 4-7-2008 by sherpa]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hiyah Sherpa!

Awesome video...definitely can rule out lots of the obvious, "it's the ISS, it's a satellite, it's Jupiter, it's Venus" statements right away.

Looks like Triangle footage but missing the middle light...very interesting against the back drop of the very very dark blue sky.....
Are you keeping your eyes peeled in the UK for us Sherpa??

Starred and flagged!

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Interesting. It appears to be a triangle type.

Maybe closer analysis will show more, those these types of videos don't retain much evidence.

And was that a fowling piece some one let go with? Must have been pretty low if someone thought they could nick it with a long barrel.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
There is another video labeled as UFO spotted over Coundon in Coventry - Part Two.

*Warning* there is swearing in this.

This does not look the same subject so I do not know the story behind this one as yet.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

Hmm...don't know what to make of this one...those kind of wavy line designs with the far out colors kind of UFOs...it's hard for me to think that these sort of UFOs are even craft, man made or otherwise...too strange....looks more like some sort of laser show, or something...anyone else?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

Hi late,

It is a little intriguing is it not.

It bothers me a little bit that there seems to be a bang on the soundtrack thats sounds like a firework, it may be just coincidence of course but I was trying to think if I had seen fireworks that stay in position for that long before.

Well When I am outside I always look up but personally I have not seen anything, I guess if I spent less time at the keyboard and more time outside I might have more chance

edit to add:

I love your new signature it seems so apt, it made me laugh anyway

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Regards the second video, part two, I have read a readers comment on this to the effect:

"Apparently it was Elaine2's Daughter with a torch. ''See Elaine's post''

I have been unable to find "Elaines post" though at the moment.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The first video does not look like a solid object, maybe they were three objects, and three objects not in line will always make a triangle.

The second video could be one of the lights, at the end it looks like a second light appears on the right.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

This does not look the same subject so I do not know the story behind this one as yet.

True, I only listened to them once, but the female voice sounds identical to the one on the first video.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Thanks ArMap there is not a lot more you can say really.

I would have liked to have seen a longer version of the first one but because this video has been posted on youtube by Coventry Telegraph.net and not the videographers there is no contact details for them.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Good ole ArMaP,

Keeps us on the path when we stumble off

Perhaps THAT explains why it doesn't have a middle light like most of the Triangle footage I have seen...it's 3 objects perhaps!

Sherpa: I don't think the 2nd one is fireworks...no clue what it is, but not fireworks, IMO.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa
Regards the second video, part two, I have read a readers comment on this to the effect:

"Apparently it was Elaine2's Daughter with a torch. ''See Elaine's post''

I have been unable to find "Elaines post" though at the moment.

Try here, my friend

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Ah.. yeah I have got it now text below:

I think I saw it as well as the couple in the article sorry no link but my laptop is slow and I'm off out in a few minutes.

I got a surprise when I saw the headline though, because last night, my daughter went down the garden to the summerhouse to get something from the chest freezer for her lunch at work and she took a new halogen light torch with her. This light is really really bright and she was mucking about in the garden with it. When she came in, I said that there would be a headline in the Telegraph about UFOs tomorrow

Thanks internos your a marvel as usual have a star

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

True, I only listened to them once, but the female voice sounds identical to the one on the first video.

You may be right you probably have a better ear for voices than I do.

Since you are familiar with english accents like I am how do you read the emotion in the voices on the first video, I thought they sounded a little false, what do you think ?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
color changing chinese lanterns in a triangle formation anyone ? lol.

but seriously this looks intriguing.

[edit on 4/7/2008 by HatFoilTin]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

Sherpa: I don't think the 2nd one is fireworks...no clue what it is, but not fireworks, IMO.

Yes you are right but I meant the first video, sorry.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I was just trying to find any other sighting reports for Coventry and came across this sighting it is dated 27th June on a BBC website but does not give a year, however since the page has not been updated since 18/04/2008 I am assuming it was last year.

We thought we'd email you our pictures of what we believe to be a UFO.The pictures were captured on 27 June at approximately 9.55pm.We were driving home when we saw 3 long white objects in the sky then the top one flashed a bright light and seemed to shrink into a tiny white ball then dissapeared. Me and my husband were a bit excited so we pulled up at home and I ran in to get the camera.

We chased the remaining two objects but they both did the same thing and vanished within a few seconds so we turned around and headed home .I kept my eyes on the sky and noticed another white light appear so we turned and headed for it but then something quite spectacular happened and the white light seemed to morph into a black shape which was far off but looked big to us like some kind of craft.

I took a photo hanging out of the car window which is the far off shot and then my husband snatched the camera off me and took a close up but then it disappeared into a quarry near Tuttle Hill in Nuneaton. I think its a UFO my husband thinks there must be a rational explanation so we'd love another

It is a shame they are not the original higher res pictures but they seem to be genuinly impressed and I love when she says her husband quickly took the camera off her to take a close up

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit for link

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
The first video does not look like a solid object, maybe they were three objects, and three objects not in line will always make a triangle.

I agree with ArMaP. Take a look at the objects in the image below which has been filtered to see what's in between the lights. There's nothing there. The second image is embossed. If it was a triangular object, this would have shown up in the embossed image.

Therefore I feel these are three separate objects.

But heck! Triangle or not, these ARE UFOs! Now why the dickens do they usually fly in a triangle formation? We should probably ask Billy M to find out from them Pleidian friends of his!!

Cheers!

[edit on 5-7-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
The first video reminds me alot of a UFO enconter I had justa bout a week ago. Except I seen 8 seperate objects. I managed to get it on video, but only the second set of 4 object passing by. I go into alot of detail in my post about how this event occured to us. You might want to check it out.

I Posted my thread here...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you're not interested in reading the thread then you can download the raw footage here...
www....(nolink)/?jmlt3mxeszx

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
The first one is not a triangle as it does not blot out the clouds, it is 3 different objects.
The second one is just well, nothing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join