It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 4th of July with my flag at Half Mast

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Maudlin...

Is this what we have gotten to as a people... A person with true passion decides to speak up and that's what is said.

I have NOT given up on America. I am sad today... Let me grieve for my country a little first and then a time for renewal will come...

Trust me, it's coming...

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by vertol

Spoken with true eloquence from another member of the ignorant masses.

So sad.

My symbol represents Humility sir. It's a reminder for when I am confronted by ignorance and hate.

It is my shield.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NorthWolfe CND

You are a sad person. I will not give you any amplification. I served in the first Iraqi massacre.

I won't say any more...

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
[SNIP]

Condoning death will never be right, no matter the guise is comes in...

Mod edit: Removed quoted post from other member which were deleted.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I decided to get dressed up, after all, and celebrate that which we have been priviledged to have in the past, and that which i hope i can celebrate in the future.
The present? Its not a celebration- just a day to be with family and share some good food.

If God has his best intentions for us, it could be the nightmare as we are living it today, will go away. Where there is life there is hope

(Did i just say that?)

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

I wish I could feel that you were right. -Just got through reading and interesting piece on hyperinflation at shadowstats.com. It was well written, and if correct the US economy is toast. Have you ever seen a b52 in person? I read somewhere that if the wings are tipped beyond a certain amount, say 30 degrees, not even the greatest pilot in the world can prevent a crash.
It appears that the US is headed to hyperinflationary depression. Even Rush's 400 million contract might turn sour if it costs 5 million dollars for a pack of cigarettes. He should not have negotiated for a multiyear contract, unless he was to be paid in gold or silver.
US unfunded govt. debt is now about 70 trillion dollars. Foreign investors are now buying about 95% of issued govt. bonds. There is only about 200 billion dollars in physical existence in the US. Should a major run on the banks occur depositors would have to accept markers until more money was actually printed.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by son of PC]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

All too true. Thanks for the positive input...

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
If you think this country is a "once great nation" are you relating to the people or the government?I love my country not for its gov. but for its people. americans are still great people.my town that i live in sure theres people you dont like but, your neighbors are helpful friendly and most are happy when it comes down to it!but i feel too that the bush admin.(who i voted in)
has put us in danger.alot of people resent us, but if something goes wrong in there country who's the first people they call?thats right the U.S.A, i dont know but i feel alot of pride and fear for being american

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Tapped In

Wow. I read your post, and it really touched me. What you said is all too true, and it's rather sad that this is what America has become.

I now like to think I represent my city and state, but not my country, because I am ashamed of what we now seem to stand for.

What is this world coming to, when you cant get fresh water and decent food. Our kids can't get a decent education...if they have a little trouble in school, they either get thrown into a special ed class or get pills thrown at them.

If I flew a flag, I would do the same thing. I may not like what we do as a country, but I will ALWAYS support the brave men and women who fight for us. It makes me sad to think that there are people overseas dying for a war that we had no right to start.

God bless you and yours on this day, Tapped.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Originally posted by BlueTriangle

Originally posted by Tapped In

Obviously you've completely lost respect for your country and your flag. Flying your flag at half mast on a day when it's not supposed to be violates flag law, which makes it an act of disrespect.

How can you have respect for the American flag when greedy companies have closed textile plants by the thousands and outsourced it's manufacture to China? Look at the tag on the darn thing and you will understand why for the OP the disrespect you claim warrants a half mask reality.

By doing this, you're degrading the act itself which is only supposed to happen on official holidays (like those honoring the "millions who have died for this country") and thus degrading the very persons you're intending to honor through your actions.

This is your opinion... and you have that right... but it's an ignorant one. What makes you think - YOU - can tell someone how high they can fly their flag??

Remember, this country is about freedom and that means freedom to express. Personally I wouldn't fly a flag at all... let the court houses and libraries fly their Chinese made flags until they fade in the chemtrailed acid rain. And to the millions who died for this country in this century... just like the OP, most are realizing they have been played as fools... just patriotic pawns for the M.I.C.

Today Vets can't even get a generic asprin without being STONEWALLED at the gate!

Vet - "Excuse me... I need help... ah I've been standing in line for 3 days... my mind is crazy from the PTS... I need help quick before I kill my whole family... I can't make love to my wife because of the nightmares... It's real-real bad!!

Vet Administration - " Don't you realize you are just a number... a machine... We don't care about you soldier under the bylaws of article 6 section BS-19004577243... which says according to your cammander and chief... you are just a government issued piece of meat... But... If you need something for your head... I can point you to a cheap liquor store!

To the OP, keep the faith.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by Level X]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Man you think your a true patriot for flying a flag or wearing a lapel pen? A true patriot protects the constitution and the civil liberties of man, not as privileges but as god given rights. America should of bin a beckon of hope for all, a model of what a Utopian society could of bin. As we know ever scene the federal reserve has come into privet hands, this nation has bin used as a test bed for mass population mind control and military imperialism.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by unknownfrost

Thank you for your kind words. I wrote this little piece with honesty. I love our country and hope to see her strong again one day. Strong by the power of the people.

We will have our say again.

God bless you and yours...

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Level X

Thank you brother, I will...

You just inspired me to write a new short story for my fellow vets...

Thank you...

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LeeHawt

Your words are all too true, but I don't think any one society can ever attain an Utopian status.

The rules of sociology dictate otherwise.

If we can try to be kind to each other and try to share similar goals, we will succeed.

One small goal at a time.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tapped In
reply to post by unknownfrost

Thank you for your kind words. I wrote this little piece with honesty. I love our country and hope to see her strong again one day. Strong by the power of the people.

We will have our say again.

For what it is worth, as a Canadian, I support you. I used to love what the US stood for. Now I can't help but feel it is a mere shell of what it used to be. I love the American people and the determination they show in almost everything do, but at the same time harbour some resentment for how complacent they have become. People there seem to be more worried about the Baseball standings, or what Angelina Jolie is wearing, or if Britany is wearing underwear today, than the state of the world and to a greater extent the country around them.

To the people that will get after you for how you fly your flag...some rules are meant to be broken.

After reading your thought out, heartfelt words, if I was a military man I would salute your courage, but since I am not, I offer my hand. It is people like you, that retain the spark of the America I grew up admiring that give me hope that it will flourish again.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I do not understand this sentence:

Now I must fight not for my country, but for my family and their right to eat unpoisoned food and drink clean unadulterated water.

When did you NOT have the responsibility for yourself and your family?

When did you get the notion that it was the gov'ts job to watch out for you?

Too many people sit on their hands, wailing for a hero to come and rescue them from their own frailty. Please, Ron Paul! Please save us!

I don't want to attack you personally, but grow a pair and stop whining! If your children were sick or in danger, would you wait for the politicians to help them? Or would you stand up like a man and be a father and husband?

Then, after your family is secure, apply the same principles to your country. Protect her as you would your family. Do not disrespect her by flying her banner at half-mast.

Until you do that without the gnashing of teeth and rending of garments, don't even speak of patriotism.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Im burning my flag today, half mast isnt enough for me. this country is not for freedom or justice and those are the things i stand for and i do not support facism and terrorism so mine will be burning for all to see

thanks man great post loved it

geo

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Hello from Canada to my American brothers and sisters. I try to see the inherent goodness in all things. I am upset with 9/11 and yes I am upset with the United States for its' foreign policy since WWII. The fact that your government continually supresses the truth in regards to Roswell, underground bases if they exist, bases on the moon/mars, aliens (extraterrestrial biological entities) and anything else they know of. Of course those are not the only things about your country that upsets me. The American people however, I have respect for and consider you no different than I. I do not respect the "sheeple" that allow your constitution to be eroded away. The sheeple are the ones I place the blame on. When I think about that typical ignorant person watching Fox news my blood just boils. Their system has worked so well that when you go against it you are considered a conspiracy theorist or unpatriotic when you question the actions of your own government. Those of us who are aware use our umbrellas to block the constant down pour of lies. Will things ever change for the better, I'm not sure. I realize one cannot have good governance without its opposite bad governance. The solution is very clear. It starts with you, you awaken yourself, then your friends and family, then your community, your country, our world. I believe when a certain amount of us awaken then there will be no hiding the truth. Best of luck and best wishes to all my American brothers and sisters, may we all be free of suffering.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by thedayafterroswell]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I'm sorry you only read what your brain required. Of course I take care of my family and have never required the Gov't to provide my thoughts or safety.

I am a man in my own right and know how to take care of mine. I am preparing for what is coming...

Are you? I hope so, because your bravado will fail soon enough as you see the people you love get hurt by what you cherish the most.

I am a father and a husband and know my responsibilities. I also know my responsibility as an American to try and expound to those who refuse to listen. I can take your abuse. I take no offense from ignorance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join