It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 4th of July with my flag at Half Mast

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

Thank you Rook. Fortunately for me, I turned the Boob tube off a long time ago. I don't know any thing about any of the people you talked of. They mean zero to me. The are just actors playing the role of a human. It's all just noise now that I just wash away with logic.

Don't worry about me... I follow the Hemingway view of a writer. I talk soft, but strong and fear no man. I can back my words any day.

Frankly, that's what I'm preparing for...

God Bless...

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Tapped In

I was waiting for this post. I almost posted in the predictions forum yesterday "I predict that on July 4th we will have at least 1 huge thread started by an OP who says that we should not celebrate this country because we are a horrible people." I was right on target - but then I didn't post it because I didn't want to give the Anti-US brigade too many ideas.

This really isn't anything unusual. As long as I can remember, every single 4th of July the media and partisan political hacks have told us how ashamed we should be of this country, and how we should be mourning instead of celebrating. We are told America sucks, that we are the cause of all the worlds problems, and should never celebrate our country.

People can't get away from US bashing even 1 day a year to simply celebrate a great historical event. What a bunch of melodramatic political hacks.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorthWolfe CND

Click here for more information.

How do by posts get removed while the post just above mine is far worst then anything I could write or say???
Guess freedom of speech means nothing to ATS moderators, while freedom of profanation of the flag goes unattended.

I did not write anything near as obscene as the picture, surely adulterated, of the "soldier" with the flag. Looks like Anti-Americanism has reached into the inner-circle of these auto-proclaimed ATS "moderators".

I will be reporting said posts, many of them incur on legal penalties in the USA, to the relevant authorities.

I consider the ATS "moderators" actions, and lack of, in the handling of this topic as ranging on criminal!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NorthWolfe CND

What? I'm sure me predicting an "America Sucks post" was coming and pointing out this is not unusual does not constitute a violation of manners and decorum. Meanwhile, you've taken this off topic.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Level X
This is your opinion... and you have that right... but it's an ignorant one. What makes you think - YOU - can tell someone how high they can fly their flag??

That is my opinion and it's also stated in flag law. An ignorant opinion? I think not. Unless respect for those who have sacrificed so much for our freedoms is ignorant, maybe to you it is but isn't to me.

I already explained in my earlier post why it is disrespectful. It makes complete sense if you look past your hostility and think logically.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I Love My Country...

The United States of America...

I have traveled the world extensively and all over this Great Nation. I can not decide if I was more proud of My Country when I was overseas, or when I am the tourist here and get to just enjoy the majesty I see all around me...

I feel pride when I see new businesses opening and high school graduations, babies being born and big construction equipment. I marvel at the Grand Canyon and the Great Lakes, Florida's Everglades and the Snows in Vermont. California's diversity and the beaches here in South Carolina. Wheat fields in the heartland swell my chest with hope and the desert in New Mexico amazes me...

I am old enough and traveled enough to remember other times when some people felt a loss of hope; I also remember that this Great Nation rose up then, and she will weather whatever you may imagine is happening now.

I look around and see what "we" as a nation call poverty and I remember what poverty really is; what I saw when I traveled Korea and the Philippines.

I see the people "we" say are living in poverty here in the United States, with their cable TV, DVD players and two cars, and I wonder what "we" are thinking. I have seen truly happy people living with dirt floors and their only transportation the feet God gave them, their sign of wealth; a cow and two chickens. Yet "we" are unhappy because we have to cut back on our vacations due to gas prices. That is the only thing that makes me sad about our country, our expectations of wealth.

I came from poor, perhaps more poor than most of you can understand; yet this Great Nation gave me the will and the desire to rise up and make myself successful. I see others that are like I was when I was younger, working two jobs and refusing to give up and I have HOPE and PRIDE in this Great Nation.

I have spent the day remembering what I feel has made this Nation Great. The people that have NOT given up, the ones that spend their time improving themselves and those around them and not complaining because they can't afford their annual trip to Kalamazoo. Thinking of improvement and not revolution. I remember not taking a vacation until I was 35 years old and feeling guilty then because I did not have to get up for work.

Yes I read all of this negativity about America, and I remember.

I Love My Country

God Bless the U.S.A.

Semper

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tapped In
reply to post by jsobecky

I'm sorry you only read what your brain required. Of course I take care of my family and have never required the Gov't to provide my thoughts or safety.

Do you think that is the only part of your post that I read? No, I read all of it. But your tone really came out in that sentence; one of despair and fear.

Once again, I don't mean to attack you, but your type is becoming more and more prevalent.

I was not taught to curl up in a ball and cry at how unjust the world is. And it also goes against my nature as a man. Not to sound sexist, but the attitude you exude is one reserved for women and children.

I cannot relate to weakness in a man.

I am a man in my own right and know how to take care of mine. I am preparing for what is coming...

You don't know what is coming. Well, in a way, you do. You have already given up, and your weakness will certainly lead to your demise.

Are you? I hope so, because your bravado will fail soon enough as you see the people you love get hurt by what you cherish the most.

You do not know what I cherish. Don't be pretentious.

I am a father and a husband and know my responsibilities. I also know my responsibility as an American to try and expound to those who refuse to listen. I can take your abuse. I take no offense from ignorance.

You are calling me ignorant, because I do not buy into your Chicken Little view of the world? The sky is falling! All is lost! We are doomed!

Please save it for like-minded chickens. Meanwhile, stay out of the way of us who will protect you from the dark.

God bless you and yours...

Rather than give out impotent blessings, maybe you should start to think like a man:

"When I was a child I spoke as a child I understood as a child I thought as a child; but when I became a man I put away childish things."
I Cor. xiii. 11.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
From a Brit I would like to wish my American cousins a happy 4th July. I hope you all have had a great day

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Originally posted by ALightinDarkness

People can't get away from US bashing even 1 day a year to simply celebrate a great historical event. What a bunch of melodramatic political hacks.

The reason,

America's killing machine never stops... It's a 24-7, 365 affair... so why should "truth telling" take a day off?? Today's a perfect day to reflect upon our vision of the past and present. --- GOOD or BAD.

The problem with most Americans... they want to dust things under the rug too much... We always want to keep those skeletons in the closet...

A typical American on a US initiated war - "Well if I can't see the carnage with my own eyes... the war doesn't exsist.

A typical American on a country who does'nt fall in line - "Well if I can't see it with my own eyes... they must be making nuclear bombs.

Yeah the 4th is a great day! family, BBQ, and general relaxing. But what about the wars that rage on for no good reason as you watch the colorful fireworks from the safety of a lawn chair??

There are other holidays to milk people of there resourses, true, but now even decorated vets are looking at the American flag with a raised brow. If you don't believe me... ask them!

Food for thought, have a happy 4th of July.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by Level X]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Level X

Yep, good old Anti-US diatribe you've got going on there. You could insert any country where you have "America" or the citizens of any country where you said "American."

Just as I expected, more rambling propaganda from the US haters. You'll find only a minority of your vets who need something to be angry about buy into your propaganda, most of them are far smarter than that.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Level X

Shut up, jackass.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I was raised to be a Patriotic American. Said my pledge every day. Won an award once for an essay on why I am proud to be an American.

Found out about the actual actions of the US in Central and South America by reading John Gerassi way back in the late 60's. Came to know one aspect of the American Gov. when I heard 'fire' at KSU. After many years pursuing a Ph.D.

I became aware of the issue of 'false flags'. I realized what happened. I became aware of 60 years of secret, "deep" government actions. The overthrowing of democracies. The murder of innocents. The creation of "death squads". The utilizing of military force for corporatist's dreams.

I saw the false war against Afghanistan to ensure the building of a pipeline and the resurrection of the opium crop. The importation of coc aine and heroin via the CIA's pipeline. The dumbing down of the American people via Operations Mockingbird, MKUltra, Monarch.... and the rest. The invasion of Iraq to steal oil and create a military presence ("enduring" military bases) to confront Central Asia, Russia, China. I saw all these things.

No, I cannot raise a flag. I am amazed by the naivete of some of the uber patriots. They remind me of the bumper stickers of the late '60's... my country right or wrong.... Oh wtf, you either believe in an ethics (however derived), or you believe simply in might makes right, or my country do or die. A Yanqui Doodle. Do or Die. In other words, What are you for? What are you against? If your government (not your country) has become a great evil... do you simply deny it and move on? Or do you acknowledge it and try to do something to right the very great wrong?

Thoughtless patriots. Get a Clue.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Your country gave you the right to come on this website and call it names, and I doubt you will be vaporised for doing so.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by medicis

Well said! I feel sorry for them, to tell the truth. I am grateful that I was able to crane my neck above the clouds to see a brighter light. So many are so affixed to what they believe MUST be right, that they have no tolerance for anything that doesn't fit their agenda.

I am also quite grateful that I have the ability to read such hatred with a smile. I understand what it takes to brake away from the norm. It's not easy...

No matter how difficult it may be, they will have to eventually see with their own eyes. I hope, for their sake.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Infidel 101

Who knows... The wolves are always lurking... Smelling for fear and fresh blood.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by medicis

First, your supposed PhD does not have any context in what you just said. I'm in the process of getting one myself, but it doesn't give you any fantastic new insight about being an America hater.

Your populist fantasies are nothing more than that - fantasies. The dreams of hippies, desperate to fight a system they did not understand and yearning to create an enemy that they could fight by demonizing "THE MAN."

The US is indeed a great country to allow overt propaganda agents spew this sort of irrational rant. If you did this in some countries, the government would be knocking on your door and taking you prison. That's why I raise a flag and laugh at the hippies - because the country is so great, even you people get a chance to have their say. And I wouldn't have it any other way - you can't deny the comedy value.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Originally posted by Johnmike
reply to post by Level X

Shut up, jackass.

Silence has never been golden my friend... but how could you possibly understand, being a product of the dark age.

Here is a perfect example of an attempt by the brainwshed to impose their fears to keep the skeletons in the closet. America is a great country... but it's a brainwashed one... and you've had a scrubbing all too well.

I'm not even sure what your point is...??

Come from behind the false flag of freedom and into the light of rightness for a change. And if your friends around the water cooler look at you funny because you don't support a cast of legalized murderers --- it's ok.

America gives you a right to think on your feet. Advocates of non-change abuse this privilege, and think with their rear-ends.

The flag on your avatar suggests you are "old school" America... Circa 1700's old school... thirteen colony O.S, but you can't bring yourself to challenge a constitution that has deviated from the original set up of that time...

What a waste of American pie

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I'm sorry I don't agree with your form of protest. The Forth of July is a day of celebration. It is the anniversary of the birth of our nation and should not be diminished by desecrating our flag. There is another holiday called Memorial day to remember those that have served and been lost.

I thank you for your service and I also feel your pain. I don't ever blame the soldier, but I do question our leaders. You should not accept the blame for bad foreign policy and try to reconcile your guilt. I believe that you feel responsible for your actions, but I would place the blame on the ones that put you in that position.

This is one of the reasons that ticks me off about this war. It makes those that serve question the reasons for serving. In my opinion, we should only go to war when there is no other option. That is not anyones fault but our leaders failure to find another way, and that is what we should keep in mind when it comes time to vote for them.

Do whatever you need to express yourself because you have earned it. But before talking to us, maybe you should talk your children. I'm sure they are very proud of you on this great day.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

They arn't as bad as you say. Otherwise your post would never have existed, just like you.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
As i browse through one of my favorite sites i am amazed at all of the people who critisize my home country and speak of peace. While creating trouble and threats for my country. All that want to rebel remember this the occupation in Iraq and Afganistan may be awful for the poor civilians over there and you may think everything our country does is wrong but you rebeling will cause you and your familys to suffer. If anything on this website is true (doubt it) goverment will find your info out and eliminate a homegrown terrorist. So dont rebel this isnt 1776 they will carpet bomb you to dust. And please i beg you as a freshly graduated High Schooler who is signing up in september to contribute my part to this unjust war so i can help out all the men and women already engaged. Please dont hate the country. Dont classify the people and dont throw away your lives with debating whos right whos wrong just cooperate. Unlikley as it is we need to all come together to bring justice there will always be unjust wars but thats human nature. See a man kill a man and take his stuff. O and if the goverment cared about Iraq/Iran oil why do our Abrahms Battle tanks and jets waste so much fuel to get a mile or 3 up the road.
Sorry i ramble alot.
God Bless America and You all
i mean it too im atheist

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join