It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

July 3rd, 2008- The day I went insane.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
July 3rd, 2008- The day I went insane.

I was balancing my checkbook this morning which was bad enough when it was announced on CNN that Rush Limbaugh had just renewed his contract for 400 million dollars.
$400,000,000.00

I started crying and I haven’t stopped since. 400 million dollars is what it pays to be an arrogant, high-handed, ignorant, close-minded piece of human garbage. Every day good and loving people all over the world- fathers and mothers and children suffer starvation and drink filthy water. People torture other people for being different. Hate and racism and people thinking that they are somhow better and smarter because of the language they speak? People spewing anger and fear because of a political party preference or a belief system that isn’t the same as theirs. People degrading and debasing others because their experieces have brought them to seeing things differently. I can’t believe it really matters …where your born, what country, what color you are, how much money you have, who you have sex with, what language you speak, where you went to school, what you think Jesus meant when he said that, and BTW… what brand of shoes are you wearing?
I read conspiracy theories about Nazis and Masons taking over the Denver airport, the world’s elite planning to enslave the masses when they’re not performing black arts and ritual sacrifices, alien overlords who feast on plasma and amniotic fluid. I see interchangeable politicians making promises that EVERONE knows they can’t keep and people wasting their passion arguing with each other about those promises like they’re actually made of something more than fairy dust and dog sh!t.
“I’m not going to make it”- that is the thought that runs through my head every time I balance my checkbook, fill up my car with gas, spend 45 minutes and $45 dollars at Wal-Mart and have only 35 lbs of cat litter and a box of saltines to show for it. “I’m not going to make it” is what occurs to me when I fear that the NWO is on it’s way and I’ll be shipped off to some FEMA camp. “I’m not going to make it” is the answer when I think about ….insert natural disaster, nuclear explosion, global warming or martial law here…
“I’m not going to make it”…I don’t know how to grow crops, purify water, build solar cells, hunt and gather. I don’t know the difference between poison oak and the plant that will cure cancer. I have no idea how to make a halloween costume out of twine and felt scraps how the hell will I figure a recipe to turn paper into concrete to fortify the straw bales I’m building my new hut with? Bear Grylls I am not.
I’m not going to make it.
I am the accountant for a small company and today I will pay the sales team their commissions. I’m not sure I’m cut out to know how much money everyone else makes. I’m not sure I’m cut out to know that I am the lowest paid and therefore the least valued employee at my company. The LVP if you will. I’m not going to make it. My office has a glass door, I hope there’s not a lot foot traffic ‘cuz today is going to be rough.
I'm don't know what my purpose is and I'm tired of feeling impotent and lost.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
$400 million is nothing..... a couple of years ago Howard Stern got $500 million for his radio show on Sirius Satellite Radio.

Fools and their money.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbydol
“I’m not going to make it”…I don’t know how to grow crops, purify water, build solar cells, hunt and gather. I don’t know the difference between poison oak and the plant that will cure cancer. I have no idea how to make a halloween costume out of twine and felt scraps how the hell will I figure a recipe to turn paper into concrete to fortify the straw bales I’m building my new hut with? Bear Grylls I am not.

I don't either so I'm learning, I'm leaving it all behind.... You can do it!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbydol

Arbydol, instead of crying, can I try to make you laugh??

OK, here goes.....What is the difference between Rush Limbaugh and the Hindenberg?

One is a flaming bag of hot gas, and the other is a ..... dirigible.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
$400 million is nothing..... a couple of years ago Howard Stern got $500 million for his radio show on Sirius Satellite Radio.

Fools and their money.

Wow, I had no idea Mr Stern was worth so much.
More worrying is the amount of money requested to rebuild New Orleans. If I recall correctly it equates to more than $500,000 per resident of the city! ROFL

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
don't let them crush you..........

I reside on the other side of the atlantic and feel the same pressures daily whilst watching time pass by.. the real fact is that time really is running out!

sit down, cry and then cry some more... get it all out and then focus on what future we can all create now we know what our controllers have in store for us.

learn how to grow crops, look at where you can be safe, work with other like minded individuals to create your futures... your future is an extension of the now. where are you now?

''they have my IP address now!!''

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
A while back, my father tought me the greatest lesson I will ever learn:

"There is no rest for the wicked."

Just keep plowing forward and don't stop. Thanks, ease or quality of living, don't expect these. You will NEVER be thrown a bone. I'm not saying you are wicked or repenting for your sins, it is simply the way he/I always said it. You have to choose to be happy, because the only thing anyone on Earth wants from you is... well... what they want from you.

This is pessimistic, but I still believe people can love each other, etc... just don't expect anything to be "just for being you/alive/whatever you are."

Remember: "No rest for the wicked." Frown and grumble as you wake up, sigh the day away when you lie down to sleep. Just never stop. If you don't stop, you don't ask questions. No questions makes you a good little sheeple, and that is the only way to survive in this world. Don't listen to Ayn Rand or whoever else tells you you deserve something. Struggle and you'll find you've made it at the end.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbydol

I think that someone has been seriously pulling your chain about all these events happening. If we all thought like this we would be in those FEMA camps as a result of rioting against the system, or begging them for free accommodation due to the cost of living (I just had a light bulb moment) - onwards and upwards I say.

Consider this, most of the issues you raise are a direct result of speculation (most of them anyway). Anyone listens to these theories will loose their mind sooner rather than later. THEY ARE NOT ALL TRUE -some are pure hearsay!!

You need to get your head cleared of all this garbage, ''

I’m not going to make it
, and start to focus on what you've got and what you could have.

Read the thread on 'Law of Attraction',Law of Attraction and try it out. Try meditation Chakra Meditation. Think positive (avoid self-defeating behaviours).

But please stop thinking of FEMA and Aliens when you may have kiddies or kittens to feed.

Good luck anyway,

Breifne

Edit: spelling

[edit on 3-7-2008 by Breifne]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I take solace in knowing that eventually, things will even out. Judging by the way things are going, that 400M won't be worth any more than my $40.00 sooner or later. Do you think Rush knows how to farm his own food? Purify his own water? Hunt and gather? Build a shelter? Do you think in a situation where you will be relying on these things that his 400 million is going to be worth squat? I'd argue that if the crap hits the fan, he'll be worse off than most of us. After all, how much of that money do you think will go towards emergency preparedness? I'd wager not a cent. Some lucky individual may just get the opportunity to laugh at this lunatic when he shows up on their doorstep, offering fist fulls of worthless paper for a some clean water and a bite to eat.

I can only pray that it's me. What I wouldn't give to use his money to light my fire.

Fear not Arbydol, you'll make it. If we stick together, we'll all make it. With a little love from our fellow humans, we'll not just make it, but enjoy the ride too!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
So true my brother, but don't go postal yet, save that emotion up and turn it to something bigger better.

Google video 'Ian Lungold' and watch those lectures, they helped me a whole lot.

Good luck friend!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Maybe people receiving extraordinary amounts of money are a sign that the economic collapse is imminent, AND that there are those with preknowledge of the fact.

If I had large amounts of money and I knew it would all soon be worth nothing I would throw it around too (after I had stocked up on the necessaries).

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Never compare yourself to others, unless you are comparing yourself to the bum lying in the gutter. Anything else can be utterly depressing.

I have to disagree with you on something. It really does matter where you're from, what language you speak, who you have sex with, the color of your skin... these things all really do matter, to you. It is only a problem when these things become used to denigrate others.

They matter because we need people with differing points of view to make this world a better place. Everyone has talents and unique qualities that make them perfect for something... the real trick, of course, is to find out what that something is.

The problem comes about because of the very thing that is making you cry. People seem to somehow find satisfaction in comparing themselves to others, and then by making those others less in their mind so they feel like more. The only real cure for the racism and hatred you mention is for people to stop comparing themselves to others.

I try desperately to live this philosophy, but I'll admit it is hard. When I see others who have more, who have no problems getting a new car or a new house (I refuse to use credit), it bothers me. I drive a 1986 Chevy pickup truck. It's loud, it guzzles gas, and it tends to break more than I would like it to. My sister has always had a car less than 5 years old and rarely has a breakdown. But then I look at things another way. I know how to fix a truck that breaks down. She doesn't. She has a monthly car payment. I don't. I have money in the bank. She lives paycheck-to-paycheck. I also don't need a good mileage vehicle as much as she does, because I drive the semi to work, on the company's fuel (job perk
).

Even more important though, is what's important to me. I have two children who, while they don't have all the niceties of life like their cousin, are extremely smart, mature, kind, gentle, and tough. Their cousin can say none of those things, mediocre grades in school, little ambition, and spoiled. What was important to me, I got. What was important to her, she got. I am satisfied with that arrangement.

I suggest you, like me, concentrate not on the things you do not have, but what you do have. Do not think about what others have; life is a journey, not a race. Think about your own blessings, and if they do not merit your satisfaction, strive to improve yourself. You can never change your position by changing situations or others; only by changing yourself.

And Rush is an idiot.

WeedWhacker: You are a NUT!

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
wow, I didnt know he received that much money. he's so annoying.

Just hang in there, keep chugging along.

It would be priceless to have all the bills paid off and have no
money problems. You know, the rich don't have such a great
life after all. I hear they have higher suicide rates than
us regular people. i dont know if thats true though.

Anyway, thats not what lifes about, build your character and love your
family and do whats right.
you will make it, were with you man.
dont worry, be happy.
www.youtube.com...

and
hold on for one more day man..
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 3-7-2008 by josephine]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbydol

Turn to Allah.....

God has created this strife so that the lost may return.

And only if it were real, so real that it hits hard on mental, spiritual, emotional, physical levels, and most importantly the EGO, would we be stripped so naked that we may be reborn into the Garden.

the Kosmix Jihad has come to earth.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

Yeah, and he doesn't even have nearly as many listeners. LOL whatev...

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Jesus. Get a hold of yourself and get used to it. "Entertainers" are paid sums like this all the time. Take a look at pro-sports salaries sometime...They don't even "work" all year round.

Do you require anywhere near that amount of money to exist? No. So why?

You're been crying since you found out Rush Limbaugh makes more in a few years that you'll make in your life...? Really?

Seriously. No pep talk. No "Oh, you'll make it. It'll be ok". Just get a grip.

You make yourself.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DOcean

Aren't you sweet!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I started crying and I haven’t stopped since. 400 million dollars is what it pays to be an arrogant, high-handed, ignorant, close-minded piece of human garbage.

I'm willing to bet that 200 million dollars of that money is going towards paying people off for doing him favours.

He doesn't strike me as a man with the capabilities being exhibited by the event.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I sure wouldnt want to have to hand over $25 million-ish in federal taxes per year...just sayin...

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

reply to post by DOcean

Aren't you sweet!

Yes I am and so are you.

I know that wasen't directed at me but I'll take it anyway I can.

I know this sounds pollyanna, but you live in Paradise. So. Colo. is an outdoorsman/woman place of solace and wonder. With wonderful/beautiful people and landscape.
Dry those tears!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join