It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

July 3rd, 2008- The day I went insane.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Put it this way. If he can do it then anyone can. It comes down to the decisions you make in your life. It comes down to the people you know and the friends you make along the way. Good for him, because only in America can you be a talk show host and get millions to do it.
He also brought in money for all the advertisers and people on the trickle down effect of his position. It all good and it won't affect my life at all.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
at least you can be comfortable knowing that you are a good honest person.

don`t worry about the riches of the N.W.O Elite....

they will have there day...and you will still be a good person and that is worth more than all the money in the world...

peace to you.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

DOcean- I was indeed replying to you... and you have made a very good point, I really do live in paradise.
I've been working on turning myself around today and counting my blessings has helped my perspective a lot. I appreciate all of the feed back I've received. I think I've just spent a little too much time researching conspiracy theories and too little time making pancakes.
Has that happened to anyone else on here?...it happened to me today...

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
You are correct. You will not make it with that negative attitude.

You do have a job. Be happy....very happy. Many good folks have lost their jobs and can't find another one.

Have you ever heard about borrowing trouble? Well, that's exactly what you are doing. You are letting speculative theories rob you of your joy.
Sweetie, don't allow anyone or anything take your joy away.

Each breath we breath is a gift.

So you don't know survival skills, so what are you going to do about it? Knowledge is power. At your fingertips you have a wealth of information that is yours for the taking. Go for it.

You don't know something..................research it....learn it.

You can't do something........study it........learn how to do it.

If you apply yourself and educate yourself yourself you will make it.

Please feel free to U2U if you need any assistance.

Best wishes,
Marilyn

edit to add: I had a day like you describe about 3 months after i became a member here. From that day on it's been all uphill.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by dizziedame]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
You are going to make it.
JULY 3 2008. THE DAY THAT DIDNT KILL ME IT MADE ME STRONGER.
Yin and Yang. At the moment you are experiencing a negative time through events happening around you.
You are not the cause of these events so dont let them create your enviroment .
Work through this time and a more positive period is sure to follow
Natural balance in everything .

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
It's Not Fair! It's Not Fair! It's Not Fair! - that's what I want to scream about it but I'm sure someone will shout... Life's not Fair!

I know how you feel. I have felt this way for some time now. I think the biggest problem that people like you and I face is the lack of purpose. I think that I have resolved myself to knowing that there is NO purpose. It hasn't made me feel better yet but I'm hoping it does. Maybe once I realize that there really is no purpose and quit looking for one I can get on to doing things that I enjoy.

I have a lot of morals and ethics that I follow and I feel that I would have to give those up if I am to be extremely successful (if you measure success with money) in life. I followed the rules, went to college, graduated with honors and it really did me no good. When you find the answers please U2U me and fill me in because I'm waiting for them to.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbydol

I've had days like that, when everything looks dark and foreboding. It passes like everything else.
The grip of fear can be ruthless and ugly, and difficult to throw off. However, once examined, fear dissipates and will never be as strong again.
Stress, coffee, low energy and listening to the MSM news will exacerbate insecurity and fear. So will reading too many conspiracy theories. The world is always going to be an unpredictable place, but then so what.
Eating healthy foods, turning off the news, getting lots of fresh air, sunshine and exercise will go a long way towards mitigating fearful feelings.
That chicken little voice in you head which keeps screaming "I'm never going to make it" is a liar. Why listen to a liar? That voice is not the real you. The real you is calm and joyful and content, you've just temporarily lost touch.
Starting to kick the imposters of fear, insecurity, doubt and anger out of your head and you will be surprised how much better life gets.
Hang in there.

Ted

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
by your definition then hun I'm already insane..

This has been bothering me for a long time, while I have to go out and get a job that takes way more patience, customer service skills and hard manual labor and get paid JUST enough to go back to work to be screwed by a system that threw us overboard ages ago [RIP George Carlin] ...

It isn't much better here in Canada, as it stands I'm about to go to work in the next hour here, I work for an American company that has been outsourced to Canada,... the worst thing in existence right now is INTEREST ... borrowing money with interest.. it's like buying one apple and you have to produce one and a half apples for that ONE.. so you have to plant a seed and HOPE it grows so you can replace the half of an apple they demand from your original measly one apple .. it's dumb..

I'm trying so hard to work from home, or find some way of sustaining myself and being able to grow and learn and have time for my friends and I, along with my family.... Meanwhile there are "characters" flying all over the globe with practical immunity ... you know, .. just because you are a character doesn't mean you have character
.. see how great our programmers are? most of my one-liners come directly from movies or "celebrities" who are no more than you or I, but are paid handsomely because WE all enjoy seeing and hearing them, .. the jesters of past have become the masters of the present... the financial masters anyway, meaning that they have much more of it than us for doing a whole lot less in the grand scheme of it all, sure some of those movies are hard to produce, but perhaps movie stars are a bad example.. newscasters, writers, public speakers...

You know all I want is $3500 so I can go get trained, certified and actually do what I love but it's like going through hell just to keep things paid off and buy food (which is ever increasing in price) .. It's like they are slowly trying to drive us all NUTS!?!?@#

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbydol

Actually what I personally think is insane is thinking that money and possessions are what matter in the short time we are on this planet. I think our materialistic society based on human goals of wealth acquisition is what is crazy.

My perspective when I see a headline like this is of course concern for those less fortunate. However, I can't possibly start looking at money as something I really care about. I'm more concerned with helping to show people what is important. Caring for other people, enjoying family, and serving those around me is what makes life more enjoyable for me and more enjoyable for all people around me. It increases the quality of life 10 fold of what any amount of money can do in that regard.

I totally agree with your sentiment and it does anger me greatly that the amount of resources that are invested in entertainment far outweigh our investments in the lives of other people. I think we need to look at entertainment as a whole, however. We can't just focus on this one person but we must look at all the crazy money that is spent throughout this nation in the entertainment sector and how little we think about the people around us. This story is definitely a great example of how insane our materialistic and self-serving society has become. However, do not think it is anything but a perspective of what is important to the average person. Without the demand Rush wouldn't have this funding.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Seriously?

Pro athletes have been raking in hundreds of millions for decades upon decades so rich Americans could watch them throw a ball to each other down a field - all the while social workers put themselves through emotional hell day in and day out to cope with neglected and abused children and make next to nothing doing it.

If this in itself hasn't made you go insane yet, I don't see why a lucrative deal with Rush Limbaugh would be any different.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
What kind of jealous idiot "goes insane" because a celebrity earns more money than they do?

Why do you think he's pulling in all that dough? That's how much he's worth to Clear Channel. The man's ratings have been No. 1 for years.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

Your purpose is to live your life and grow. Your purpose is to find out who you really are. The rest is just window dressing.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by EverythingYouDespise
What kind of jealous idiot "goes insane" because a celebrity earns more money than they do?

Why do you think he's pulling in all that dough? That's how much he's worth to Clear Channel. The man's ratings have been No. 1 for years.

I think you can call it jealousy .. but that isn't exactly accurate.. it's like saying a monkey owner who has two monkeys in two separate cages, walks over and beats the living daylights out of only one of the monkeys each day, but leaves the other one alone.. now of course the monkey who gets beat everyday is going to be a bit jealous of the other monkey and his treatment... sure we can call it jealousy .. but it isn't exactly accurate within this context..

Should a starving Ethiopian be jealousy of a 400 pound glutton who eats at McDonald's 3-4 times a day? or jealous of the factories in large cities producing hundreds of thousands of bags of chips, which are not necessary...?

I think there are way too many ways of looking at each situation to say for certain what something is or isn't.. sure it may seem like jealousy but until you are eating Kraft Dinner everyday or mustard sandwich's because you have to go to work and cannot make it to the foodbank, then you might not ever know what it's like to be in the position where you can be "jealous".

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I just want to clarify something- Rush and his money were just the tipping point.
How can anyone poke their heads out of their shells these days and NOT feel overwhelmed and impotent?
I KNOWW how lucky I am! ...yet I'm having one of those days where that thought is immediately followed by OMG if I'm this lucky and I'm THIS screwed how are the less fortunate gonna make it!?! America is so backwards- our values so twisted, our economy is damned!!! REPENT SINNER 'cause we're ALL GOING TO DIE! DIE! DIE!
Perhaps I was a bit hasty.

link   
When ever I start to get down over silly stuff, I think about people who have it so much worse than me. I have a roof over my head, a wife & kids, a job etc... That's rich enough for me.

link   
He gets that money because he is worth it to the station because of the incredible ad revenue he can generate. He can generate such enormous ad revenue because he can charge a great deal of money for the ads run during his show. He can charge that much money because so many people listen to his show.

He gets 400 million because a lot of people listen to his show.

Don't blame him, blame the millions of people who listen to his show religiously

If there was a no Limbaugh, there would be another person filling his role. Don't blame his antics, he is giving his fans what they want. He is a symptom, not the problem.

You are looking at this backwards.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
I take solace in knowing that eventually, things will even out. Judging by the way things are going, that 400M won't be worth any more than my $40.00 sooner or later. Do you think Rush knows how to farm his own food? Purify his own water? Hunt and gather? Build a shelter? Do you think in a situation where you will be relying on these things that his 400 million is going to be worth squat? I'd argue that if the crap hits the fan, he'll be worse off than most of us. After all, how much of that money do you think will go towards emergency preparedness? I'd wager not a cent. Some lucky individual may just get the opportunity to laugh at this lunatic when he shows up on their doorstep, offering fist fulls of worthless paper for a some clean water and a bite to eat.

I hate to burst your solace bubble, but Limbaugh's talked on air about emergency preparedness before. He lives in West palm Beach and his fortress of a house is decked out fully to survive through a hurricane and any extended aftermath ala Katrina in high levels of comfort. He's talked about his emergency generators, having long term feul to run them, water, food, "protection", etc. In the event of system collapse, he's likely to be one of the ones sitting in his still air conditioned bunker watching people on security cameras attempting to get in and failing, all while enjoying a fine cigar.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
I take solace in knowing that eventually, things will even out. Judging by the way things are going, that 400M won't be worth any more than my $40.00 sooner or later. Do you think Rush knows how to farm his own food? Purify his own water? Hunt and gather? Build a shelter? Do you think in a situation where you will be relying on these things that his 400 million is going to be worth squat? I'd argue that if the crap hits the fan, he'll be worse off than most of us. After all, how much of that money do you think will go towards emergency preparedness? I'd wager not a cent. Some lucky individual may just get the opportunity to laugh at this lunatic when he shows up on their doorstep, offering fist fulls of worthless paper for a some clean water and a bite to eat.

I can only pray that it's me. What I wouldn't give to use his money to light my fire.

Fear not Arbydol, you'll make it. If we stick together, we'll all make it. With a little love from our fellow humans, we'll not just make it, but enjoy the ride too!

Except that prick has his ticket out of dodge. When the next planned event happens that endangers all of our lives, they go underground to cities that have stores, restaurants, and agriculture, alot of it built at our expense.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Edit: Not worth it. I'll let the doom and gloom liberal propagandists have this one.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant
I'm willing to bet that 200 million dollars of that money is going towards paying people off for doing him favours.

Are you referring to the amount that will be taxed, because the fools in government are the ones doing him the most favors. Every scandal Clinton gets involved in, foolish bill McCain proposes or nutjob friend of Obama's just gives Limbaugh more to talk about and gives his listeners more reason to tune in.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join