It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Government Watching YOU Online??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The government is watching me online. I downloaded VisualRoute and traced several ips back to the CIA, DEA, and NSA. Has anyone used VisualRoute before?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Flagged, starred, cut, copied, pasted and put into an excel database. Thank you very much. This is great information. Now to go play with the firewall.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Now FEMA is watching me as well. Great this makes me feel so safe. I hope im reading the program wrong but I don't think so. anyone know about tracing IPs using visualroute?

[edit on 11-10-2008 by The Revealer]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Another good one is snort.

It's a system that marks various ip's, much like peerguardian, and then will dynamically update your firewall/filter ruleset every time it gets new ip's to block.

If you have an old pentium 2 machine, download ipcop (ipcop.org) and install it on the machine.
You need at least 2 network cards in it and one goes to the modem (outgoing) and one to the internal computer(s) (internal).

This enables ipcop to make decision on how to filter incoming and outgoing traffic and turns it into a gateway/firewall/router.

You can then enable snort (intustion detection) feature and whalla, you have a physical machine in between your personal computer and the rest of the internet, blocking a hell of a lot of (potentially malicious) garbage that otherwise would have direct access to your machine, greatly detracting the exposure you have.

If you have the skills to install windows on a fresh computer and get things like the internet, correct drivers etc going, you should be able to get ipcop installed and running.

It is not all that hard and their is plenty of support and guides for installation and config.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
im sorry , the death star will be fully operational.

the govt is on ats, they are watching you now.
your phone is bugged when certain key words are said in the phone, like assassinate, bomb, russia, just to name a few words.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I even had Chinese Intelligence knocking at my firewall so I agree they are watching.

Just keep your secrets offline like they do...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Peerguardian is a very good program for looking at ip's that are trying to connect to your pc. Found FEMA, WHO, Boeing, Chinas education and research network and some random telecompanies. Im in northern europe ffs, and still got uncle sam and chinese watching me.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
this is all a giants commercial trick thats supposed to make you think cogent are bad and as u read along ur supposed to understand that its realy large and fast and big, and in the end u choose to belive what makes u feel safer, which will generaly couse you use cogent servecies after reading their privet policy which realy blocks out any possibility of selling/using or even viewing privet information, espessialy sensetive one.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by shoo

When it comes to phone lines, easy thing to sniff on specific connections. Problem is that there is a flaw in the system that allows the Mossad to trap nearly all US citizens as well. Ah damn, isn't supposed to be public

Actually, that is fairly well-known. However, it isn't Mossad that is doing it, it is the Israeli Unit 8200. Unit 8200 is Israel's equivalent of the NSA. About 80% of all US phone calls go through Israeli high tech companies in one way or another. There are several Israeli companies that are involved in what many consider highly suspicious activities. These include Check Point Software Technologies(founded by ex Unit8200 Israelis), Comverse, Verint, and PerSay Voice Biometrics. Of course, the Israeli government itself spies on the US more than some of our alleged enemies.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by spidster
the ones that say do not scan and israili do not scan made me laugh, scan them all you want there owned by a web hosting company called ripe, ooh scary

OMG. Ok appearantly nobody really does any research, just yells "It's this"..or it's that. In the real world, there is a huge shortage of IP addresses. Because of this shortage, unused ip blocks are being reassigned all of the time.

RIPE, is not a web hosting company. www.ripe.net... They are the people that assign IP addresses to the UK, Russia etc.

ARIN (American registry for internet numbers) www.arin.net... These guys provide IP addresses to North America. If you go to their site you can find the registered ip owners contact information. it is usually pretty valid.

LACNIC Latin America and Caribbean www.lacnic.net...

Afrinic www.afrinic.net...

APCNic www.apnic.net...
This is where a crapton of the spammers are coming from.

PSI or Performance Systems International.
Nobody really knows why these guys are scanning and scraping a ton of websites. If you have a website, you will often see these guys in your stats or logs. We block them by default, as they contribute nothing but take alot.

Peer guardian.
If you don't use this program and you share peer to peer, or use torrents, you really should. It is an excellent program that works extremely well.

If you are thinking you will just block anyone with an ip that routes to a .mil or .gov, you are wasting your time. It is so simple to jump on someone elses wireless and hack to your hearts content it becomes pointless to block IPs.

You can setup a process to block a bot or script based on its actions. ie: if a program accesses or scans a series of ports sequentially, or keeps connecting to "high" ports without a tcp connection to a "low" port, but I digress.

The Internet is changing fast, the ip ranges you used to be able to block have been reassigned to new potential customers and new potential friends. So random blocking based on old IP info really doesn't work.

By the way, you ARE being watched. We all are, but the watchers would use a non descriptive method of watching you that wouldn't let you know which IP they are coming from.

Thanks for reading
..Ex

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
what would you guys suggest as a good firewall? any other besides the ones mentioned?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mi5
Why did you post this list?
Dont you know how sensitive data like that is?
even if you dont agree with the aims of government or are suspicious of government, you surely arent that naive to think that broadcasting a whole array of data about sensitive military installations isnt wise, mainly for the reason that whatever you believe, dislike, are untrusting of, to do with government that information is not really any of your business to disclose.
I distrust government, and dislike government, but to put such information on the net seems like a lack of judgement - I wonder if you could enlighten me as to
the purpose you have in revealing it?

All of the information he posted is public access information. If the government really wanted it hidden, you would not have found it that way.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrLeary

Originally posted by Vasilis Azoth

Originally posted by mi5
Why did you post this list?
Dont you know how sensitive data like that is?
even if you dont agree with the aims of government or are suspicious of government, you surely arent that naive to think that broadcasting a whole array of data about sensitive military installations isnt wise, mainly for the reason that whatever you believe, dislike, are untrusting of, to do with government that information is not really any of your business to disclose.
I distrust government, and dislike government, but to put such information on the net seems like a lack of judgement - I wonder if you could enlighten me as to
the purpose you have in revealing it?

The data isn't sensitive. It's freely available on the net. When I was in college, years ago, we downloaded a HUGE file from internic that was a list of every ip range registered and who it was registered to. This was back when the net was young so the printout was only about 2 feet thick. You see my point though. We downloaded the exact same info from the organisation that compiles it. No biggie.

Vas

Okay, so who would like to volunteer to start hacking some of these IP's ??
Anybody? We need someone from a country that doesn't exchange criminals with the US... (Extradict? Something-something, can't find the word. Stupid foreigner)

Seriously though. Have you scanned any of these machines to see what services they are running and what ports they are using? You can try Look@LAN if you need the tools to do this. Would do it myself, but I'm sorta scared they might notice anyone snooping around to much. Need to figure out how to be completely anonymous online first...

WOW, that was really smart.....any of you that take Dr-I will go to jail up on that let me know, maybe I can send you some cookies in the federal pen. Smart hackers would not let people know that they did anything, smart hackers remain hidden in the 0's and 1's.......

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeta Home
I`m not in the USA, I`m far far away so...tell me how to hack and I will

Absolutely brilliant.......

There's always one!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeta Home

Originally posted by Lemon_Lover
So what exactly would happen if you traced one of the israelie isp's beside probably being put on a watch list? Anything?
nothing

Wow, what an interesting answer......nothing.....

Mind you, this is coming from the same person that wanted someone to teach him to hack earlier in the thread!

Believe me when I tell you, if you start running tracert, ping, and other well known command line tools on these sites, it will be noticed. You may not hear anything from anyone, but then again, you may hear from your ISP after the government called them. There are ways to do this without raising red flags, but from the looks of some wannabes in this thread, they should not be discussed.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by afaik
Another good one is snort.

It's a system that marks various ip's, much like peerguardian, and then will dynamically update your firewall/filter ruleset every time it gets new ip's to block.

If you have an old pentium 2 machine, download ipcop (ipcop.org) and install it on the machine.
You need at least 2 network cards in it and one goes to the modem (outgoing) and one to the internal computer(s) (internal).

This enables ipcop to make decision on how to filter incoming and outgoing traffic and turns it into a gateway/firewall/router.

You can then enable snort (intustion detection) feature and whalla, you have a physical machine in between your personal computer and the rest of the internet, blocking a hell of a lot of (potentially malicious) garbage that otherwise would have direct access to your machine, greatly detracting the exposure you have.

If you have the skills to install windows on a fresh computer and get things like the internet, correct drivers etc going, you should be able to get ipcop installed and running.

It is not all that hard and their is plenty of support and guides for installation and config.

Man, you are really gonna confuse a few people on this thread with Snort....lol

Most of them are having trouble using commercially available trace programs....lol

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by v3_exceed

Excellent post V3, you are correct, there are alot of people on here that think they know what they are doing, but really do not.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Starred and flagged......thanks!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join