It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Has Alien Technology Progressed Since the 1950s?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I find it interesting, as several other posters have made aware, and with the recent footage released by NASA or stolen from NASA how alien technology has progressed since the 1950s.

An in-depth look will reveal that UFO's used to be easily visible, in the form of the disk shaped metallic objects. At least until the 1970s, 80s.

Now it seems the UFOs use some sort of light source to blend in with the stars. Even when they are hovering in our atmosphere, they try to make themselves unnoticeable. I do not understand though, if they are this advanced why don't they just make themselves invisible and mess around?

All of the new footage, recently seen on the History channel, and in the Secret Space documentary is fascinating. However, it is not impossible too pinpoint a UFO, especially in space. The light source they use shines 10x brighter than any distant star, or planetary system, and usually has a triangular shape. What, did they think we wouldn't notice? Sure, at first glance we're like "Oh that's just a star." Then it starts moving around and we're like "Dammit, you could just come down here and say Hi!" What else have you all noticed in recent sightings?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Well doc,

I saw my first "UFO" (for lack of a better word) July 4th 2008, about 11 at night. They sure picked the perfect time to do a fly by. After the fireworks died down and the people had cleared the street I was on my porch having a smoke and looking up at the stars through a clearing in the trees. Just then a glowing purple "boomerang" shaped something silently coasted over my house and over the trees in a strait line.

There was no sound. I saw it for about 3-4 seconds before it went out of site above the trees. It wasn't residual smoke from fireworks either. It was glowing and had a definitive shape. I could tell there was something solid about it. Because of it's glowing nature it was hard to estimate it's altitude, but if I HAD to guess... I'd say maybe anywhere from 100-300 feet overhead.

The impression that I got was that this object was actually invisible/cloaked and for some reason (my proximity to it?) I was seeing some kind of energy field along the leading edge of the thing, like some kind of plasma bleeding through the "cloaking field" or whatever you want to call it.

But, like I said, it happened on the 4th of July at night. I have no proof. So I haven't told anyone, other than my wife who actually saw a UFO do some crazy "manuevers" a while back.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Depends if you believe that it is Aliens first i guess. I believe in UFOs, you can't deny the sheer volume of people who see these things, but i think its more just Black projects and technology they dont want public coz it can get stolen. But its definately gettng more advanced, in movement etc, but i dont think invisibility is an option for them.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Flux,

Very interesting. It seems a lot of these are recently just light sightings. I wonder if UFO's have a new implemented version off fiber optics, making them hard to see to the naked eye?

Boniouk,

I agree 100%. I think a lot of these reports are just that, black projects. Experimental aircraft, etc. But I do think there's about a 30% margin that these AREN'T black projects, and they aren't [sarcasm] swamp-gas or weather balloons [/sarcasm]. I just find it interesting that 50 years ago we saw flying disks. Now all today we see are "starlike" objects (as coined by another member).

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
but does that not back up what we think? i mean, the technology inside these things is clearly amazing, but in the 50s, people still didnt have a clue for aesthetics haha, so it makes sense that we saw dodgy discs, where as now everythin is more shiney n streamlined n quicker... makes sense to me anyway

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Still in full agreement and you make a case with that fact....

But, how do you explain the ancient texts referring to "beings from the sky" i.e the Sumerians, Mayans, Himalayan cultures. I think they're out there, and I think they're waiting for us to once again return to the knowledge we used to possess...before they destroyed us

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
well maybe it ties in to some kind of world order. maybe this amazing technology has been around for centuries etc. but they keep it hidden to a select few. i dont know, good point with the ancient sightings, i was thinking around ww1 time with the top notch germans etc, but maybe they have just had it. i once heard a strange story that locals ancestors in egypt told them that the pyramids were made by raising blocks using sound waves.. who knows how much technology has been surpressed over the years. im stumped with ufos. but i'll play safe and say its black projects, not little green med.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I'm not too html savvy so please forgive me if this doesn't make a link. After scanning MUFON on and off lately I came across this...

mufoncms.com...

Took place in Colorado on the 4th of July too. The discription of the effect is fairly close to what I saw over my house that night here in California. Just thought I'd post it.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

My first sighting was at the age of 17 we lived near the mountains at the time and my father always was noticing lights in the sky and wondering what they were, this particular incident a ufo hovered over a mountain then swooped down near our house so we could clearly see it, the ufo was a disk shaped object flashed it's colorful lights then took off in an instant. Our family has went through alot since that time and we have had many experiences including personal encounters with the greys. My mother died of a heart attack after some of these experiences and our lives have never been the same, I committed my life to helping others and learning as much as I can about the greys and why they are here abducting people and now work with an organization that closely works together on abduction reports/cases world-wide.

I've been travelling alot and taking reports and working with abductees in person in many countries as I feel I can relate to them better than other investigators being an abductee myself. ET's are real and abductions really are taking place so I hope those reading this can think about it, do their own investigation and hopefully become aware of it and wake up as to what is happening in the world.

Thanks

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Malevolent_Aliens]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Most light-source UFOs are misidentified aircraft. You would be amazed how many aircraft are in the sky at any given time, and to what lengths even commercial craft go to reduce noise (it's rather difficult to hear those turbofans at cruising velocities and up above 5000ft).

And contrary to popular belief; top secret aircraft don't conduct test flights over residential areas unless it is absolutely necessary. While us military people love to screw around with civies - potentially crashing top secret technology into their living room gets a lot of people re-assigned to Alaska, Greenland, Antarctica, or some place just as desirable.

If you ask me, though, we shot down a few UFOs back in the 50s and 60s. This likely made them limit their 'manned' excursions to our planet, instead using some form of probe or remote evaluation. Doesn't mean they don't visit us anymore - but they have likely reduced their presence just like we are using more robots and technology to get a look at places we feel are hazardous.

There's that, and a few other possible reasons. Another could be that aliens using "stealthy" technology may have been visiting Earth for just as long as other alien species that use more easily seen vessels. It's only been recently that we've been able to see the lesser-visible designs (because we spend much more time in the air, have many more radars scanning the skies, have more ships on the sea, etc).

It's also possible that the "stealthy" designs are not trying to escape detection by us (or even care that we can see them) - perhaps it is one of their own personal matter - a war or interstellar arms race.

There's also the possibility that we've fallen under different territories due to a war, political agreement, etc - or simply that our galactic orbit has placed our system at a greater distance from the ports of another species - to the point where they have decided to visit us less.

Who knows, perhaps they are systematically evaluating our technological capability. There is the possibility that they are having trouble dealing with our rapid technological development over the past 200 years - with regards to analyzing our capability, capacity, and potential.

It's likely a combination of the above - and there are certainly more factors that may be involved.

new topics

top topics

join