It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of Object Posted on Mufon I Want Everyone's Opinion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Havalon

My angle is still a little off... I'm not using the best software for the rotation, but hopefully you can get the gist of what I'm going for. Here's another pic, taken that night:

So, even though I'm pretty sure the the MUFON poster was trying to be sneaky, I'm at a loss as to what that could be. The fact that he rotated the pic to make it look more anomalous suggests that it's something mundane, but still, what is it?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
If the photo is rotated to correspond to the angle in which the moon is normally seen, the object appears to be positioned at an angle unlikely for an airplane.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadoefax

Thanks for that! I was in the middle of digging out my laptop, with Corel Draw and Photoshop on it, just so I could do what you just did... Glad I checked back here before going through the trouble. Good work!

So... I ask again: What is it?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
If not fake,

then...

Very VERY nice. Satisfied me tonight

A star for you !

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Very interesting.

But here is a stupid question from someone who doesn't know a whole lot about photography or UFOs: If it is extended esposure, how come the lights don't have more of a repeating pattern? I would expect a sort of dragged effect but they seem clear and kind of random. Plus the angle is kind of sharp for a plane, even if it is landing, and helicopters sort of hover straight down until they land. Just asking.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
It's a plane.

See the faint line with the 2 white lights that repeat? Thats the fuselage. Either a tale or nose light.

The other 3 lights on the side that alternate would be on one of the wings.

It's simply a 4 second exposure of a plane flying overhead. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Please! Read the whole thread! It's only 3 pages long, and every one of your questions is addressed therein. Plus, it's very interesting!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

I beg to differ. We've proven that it's not on an angle likely for it to be a plane. It doesn't look like you bothered to read the thread either, or you would have seen that others here have spent time showing that the pic has been rotated. I doubt it's anything out-of-this-world as well, but the true angle suggests that it's not an airplane.

[edit - changed "possible" to "likely"]

[edit on 7/2/2008 by Teratoma]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
ok , what is the ` normal angle for a plane ` ?

as the report does not give a precise location or the vicinity of airports and or military training areas

planes often APPEAR to be at ` crazy ` angles because they are either flying towards or away from you - and or simultaneously turning / banking or changing altitude

go out and watch a few

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I was a vivd amateur astronomer since i was 12, tilli was about 17. I still d it today, but not aas much. I have seen 7 lunar eclipses in my life, and 2 solar. Ive nover taken a photo through my telescope, but i have with just a disposable camera.... and the stars come out in circles or streaks, taht go around th photo. Longer open shuttter shots, show semar streaks, and norrow the time down, lets say 15 seconds? yuo got still stars on film.
Its hard to tell, if it was 2 airplanes that passed by the moon or not....
IF yu were the one taking the pics, and watching, did yuo notice any aircraft or lights moving? If not, thne chances are yuo got something good here... the lights to me, make out 2 seperate craft, OR they also make out one giant craft. Ide place it at about 30,000 feet in hte atmosphere. 34,000 seems to be a better precise number, but im judging that on my own eye observation.
COOL pic regardless! DEF makes you think n wonder

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

You make a valid point, but don't you think that if this image showed an object approaching or retreating on that angle then it would be smaller (farther) on one end and bigger (closer) on the other?

Since the dot pattern is identical in all 4 'flashes', I think this is either an object that is somehow perfectly perpendicular to the camera lens (unlikely), or some kind of camera anomaly.

BTW, I live right under the flight path of Davis-Monthan AFB in Tucson, AZ. I've seen a couple of planes.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Teratoma

The original picture has not been rotated. You need to realize that the orientation of moon features depends on your latitude and the moon's position in the sky.

Compare this moon picture from South Africa to what you think is "normal".

The picture in the OP captured the strobing navigation lights of a passing airplane. Simple as that.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by IAttackPeople]

[edit on 2-7-2008 by IAttackPeople]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by IAttackPeople

I did think of that, believe it or not, but all of the pics used to compare it with were taken from somewhere on this continent.

I also thought that the time of night in which they were taken might reflect different angles too, but how long does an eclipse last?

I think you may be right though. I suppose we need another eclipse pic from somewhere near Ohio to know for sure.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I would like to see an answer to kosmicjacks question, because I would have thought that the lights would streak along with the rest of the object aswell.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by colz2000

From page 2:

Originally posted by Teratoma
it was something that flashes for a tiny fraction of a second (otherwise it would be streaked), at a rate of almost exactly once per second...

It does seem to me like they'd still streak, even if just a little though. Plus, do all of a plane's navigation lights strobe? Don't they have a couple that stay on?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by IAttackPeople

Doh! I stand corrected! Check out this page, everyone.

Of course we have no way of knowing how these folks were holding their cameras that night either!

But anyway. Yeah. I changed my mind. Probably a plane. Thanks everyone for the exercise!

[edit - spelling. It's late.]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   

It looks like a disc to me, i see the shape and outline, i'd outline it right now if i wasnt tired.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

I hate to be the skeptic in all the hype but did anyone notice it was ran thru photoshop CS2, or the date 2005. Upon further examination and using a color pixel program its clear an image that has been either photoshoped in, or lights that were doctored to be darker in the back giving it solidity.... Like I said sorry to be the same ole skeptic looking at another blurring photoshoped picture of someones idea of a joke. You can also see that time laspe was used and it was on a tripod, it was the wrong setting I blelieve, probably a novice, but you can see that the the aperture was open long enough for the world to rotate and blur the moon and stars....but not the UFO>....Ill keep editing my post as I noice more

[edit on 2-7-2008 by alienj]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   

I was also thinking for this to be a plane that is streaking it would also contain streaked light for the lights that don't strobe. The strobe arguement does seem possible thou.

Also, hasn't there been a few crop circled in recent years that suggest solar activity and patterns like future eclipses?

Could they be using those aledged methods of contact to give us opportunity to see them? Maybe this is a tried and true method they've been using with ancient civilizations who were masters of symbology and witnessing 'the gods' through their understanding of solar patterns?

Just a thought.

(I'm an old member from years ago who can't remember any details and currently using an iPhone - apologies for the anon posting)

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

The UFO lights are bright and clear because they were added in, if it had been a real UFO you would have seen blurred lines or even just a streak, I believe the reason we are having problems from the moon, now that I have ran it thru a color scanner is because i believe the moon was added in from another picture and then the whole picture was blurred thru photoshop. Not sure why they took the time to do that and then left the UFO so bright. Oh btw Your right Gorehound Larry, its not fake, thats the real moon, those are reall lights added in, just not the mothership coming to pick anyone up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join