It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of Object Posted on Mufon I Want Everyone's Opinion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Take a quick look at the stars in the photo... when have you seen a star that oblong and not spherically sparkling.

It is clear that this photo is a long exposure, if a star is that much longer then an object closer to the camera could be expanded much larger.

All the colors exist on US planes, the red white and blue underneath when nearing or departing a runway, and sure it looks like a solid object because there is actually a plane there, throughout the exposure.

I am a believer and I like the effort to put out good pictures, and this one is quite believable but it doesn't take much thought to put this one together,

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I am curious about the 'angle' of 'climb' if it is an aircraft. Be interesting to know if there is an airport close to the photographer and did he not see/hear the aircraft?

H

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HukdUnFonixWerks

Yes well the person who took the picture said it was a long exposure, the shutter was open for 4 seconds.

I am just trying to make sure it's really a plane going by...crushing as that is

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
with long shutter speed you get lines of light.

this seems be stationary in the air, the lights aren't copies of each other when zoomed in.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
with long shutter speed you get lines of light.

this seems be stationary in the air, the lights aren't copies of each other when zoomed in.

Ok, Grey Magic and Havalon pulled me back onto the fence
Anyone else? Pro or con?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

If you tilt your head and cross your eyes slightly so that the groupings of lights 'come together', you'll see that they are perfectly situated the same way. This, together with the given info about the exposure, suggests that it was something that flashes for a tiny fraction of a second (otherwise it would be streaked), at a rate of almost exactly once per second, while changing colors.

I'm not sure what this says about the object, but don't lights on planes stay on? I can't picture a plane with 5 lights, all of them strobing in unison. I'm not saying it's not a man-made craft - I'm not suggesting anything, except that I'm pretty sure it's something with 5 lights that flash once a second.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Flashing lights would not appears a lines but a dots. They only expose during their brief flash on. The pattern looks quite consistent to my eyes.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
the lights aren't copies of each other when zoomed in.

If it is a long rectangular object with 18 lights on it, then it is situated perfectly perpendicular to the camera, which seems unlikely to me.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Also:

...Just something to think about. We're only assuming that this pic was taken while holding the camera horizontally. I'm off to look for more pics of this eclipse, just to see if the moon matches. Or perhaps some of you moon-watchers can verify that we're seeing the moon as we do with our eyes parallel to the horizon?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
My understanding is that there is a red light on the left and green on the right, plus some white. At least one or two of the dots appear to be a shade of green.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Hmm. I'll let you folks be the judge:

Edit to add: It looks to me like the pic on the MUFON site was taken by tilting the camera about 110 degrees counter-clockwise. Suggesting the object is nearer to the ground.

[edit on 7/1/2008 by Teratoma]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Teratoma

Nice move Teratoma!
turning the whole thing upside down!
did you alter the 'angle' of the lights or was it by rotation?

If I turn it upside down the 'angle is still there!

Oh and to the guy above: Thank you for your most constructive input, your value to this thread is only surmounted by your wonderful avitar!

[edit on 1-7-2008 by Havalon]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Macrotus

So, do you have something to add to this discussion? Or to ATS at all? If you have something to say about this picture, let's hear it. It doesn't really sound like you like ATS or any of us very much, judging by the posts you've made that I've had the displeasure of reading so far.

Ok, my rant is over... Back to the topic, my "gullible friends".

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Late....

I u2u'd you and then realized it wasn't your photograph.

nevermind the u2u.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I over-reacted. Something I actually saw in real life looked very similar to that, but this could definitely be long exposure...

The only thing is, why does the repeating yellow light pattern along the top turn blue at the end? does any running light flash different colors? I am asking sincerely cuz I don't know much about the types of running lights on airplanes... just that everything I see in the sky with running lights obviously looks plane-ish... so I don't see how people could mistake them for UFOs ever, except if it was in a long exposure photo.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havalon

Nice move Teratoma!
turning the whole thing upside down!
did you alter the 'angle' of the lights or was it by rotation?

[edit on 1-7-2008 by Havalon]

I rotated the whole pic, to see what it would look like if the lights were on the horizon. After finding other pics, I decided that the camera was in fact tilted. This is how I think this object/event looked from the ground in Ohio.

This is a weird angle too.

[edit on 7/1/2008 by Teratoma]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Macrotus

Thank you, too, for your valued, highly-regarded input dutifully expressing your intellect, opinion, mindset, maturity, emotional stability, self-control, etc.

You are a brilliant analyst and we are much obliged to have you.

out of 3.

Sorry, back to the topic:

When viewed upside-down as above, I wanted to say it looks like a road of some sort, but the different color lights are hard to explain. Also, that it is so isolated. That strange mark above it is also worth pondering.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Thanks for that Teratoma, I now see what you did more clearly. By lining up the moons crater dispersment on the op's original with a sample shot of the moon. As you say (and show) that 'angle' of the lights becomes more acute! So in effect the Ohio shot from Mufon has been rotated.

H

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I believe this is a long exposure of a plane - with the picture rotated.

You can do a search on "long exposure of plane" and get numerous photos as you see here:

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join