It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Vote For Obama is a Vote for Africa!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
pure Democracy is nothing more than "mob rule" with no provisions for the rights of the individual. so, yeah, maybe, i guess.

I'm not going to argue semantics with you. You know exactly what I mean.

how other countries are ran is and never was meant to be our business as a country.

I believe all countries should have a free society and a democratically elected government.

If by our business you mean achieving those goals through military or covert action, yes, it shouldn't be. It should be our business, however, not to let our own interests get in the way of the people of other countries to achieve those goals.

are you all so blind or uneducated as to the history of your own country?[...]
go learn for goodness sake

Whom are you talking to? And what are you talking about?
I don't understand why you are addressing to my post.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
"I'm not going to argue semantics with you. You know exactly what I mean."

**by no means was my purpose in pointing it out purely for arguement's sake. YOU may have understood what you meant. others may not have. you said democracy and bc of the misinformation that has been taught in schools and, hell, just saw a little cartoon on tv that was trying to teach my kids that we are democracy, i take it as my duty, as should you, to get the truth out there. we were not meant to be a democracy and there is a difference btw that and a constitutional republic.**

"If by our business you mean achieving those goals through military or covert action, yes, it shouldn't be. It should be our business, however, not to let our own interests get in the way of the people of other countries to achieve those goals"

**no arguements. glad we agree, but i feel like we may be in a minority for the most part. i wish we could lead by example, which would be the best action this country could take, but unfortunately, we are so far from it and unless ppl understand the difference btw what we have now and what we should be, we won't ever be able to lead by example again.**

"Whom are you talking to? And what are you talking about?
I don't understand why you are addressing to my post."

**you are right. i should have clarified. addressed yours to clear up the democracy vs constitutional republic confusion bc i do find that to be a very misunderstood part of our country's past, present, and could lead us to continue down the road we are headed should ppl not understand the difference. the rest of it just kind of poured out of my fingers due to the whole of this thread and every other thread debating about who is right and who is wrong. just kind of got to me as i was explaining the difference. nothing personal meant.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I would like to say that the amount of stars that the OP is getting is sick. Really, who supports such bigoted racism and ignorance?

[edit on 7/2/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Hmmmm. It seems eric ruined all hope of being credible.

I wonder if he will post in this thread again?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminist
Hmmmm. It seems eric ruined all hope of being credible.

I wonder if he will post in this thread again?

With any luck, he's taken my advice and is off somewhere getting the help he so obviously needs.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
What are you racist or something. I don't see why it would be a problem to help ANYBODY with all of the money the United States government has. You should be ashamed of trying to get people against Obama because he may or may not help black people. I'm sure McCain, in the event that he gets elected, will be doing a whole lot of things that help rich white people get richer. This isn't a problem for you? Why does this have to be about color anyway? Basing your opinion (which is most definitely negative) on someone because they are going to help black people seems a little racist.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by eric52081

You know what, this is just a prime example of desperation from the white right wing neo-facist set. You can't debate on anything, so you bring it all back to color and the "blacks". The sad thing is, this actually still works in the US, some people do see this [SNIP] and fall for it, because whilst not outwardly racists or prejudiced, they have a sub-concious fear.

Fun fact for the day, if you believe in God and Jesus, then that all started and is based in the Middle East. If you believe in science and the big-bang theory and evolution of life, then all life can be traced back to Africa, it is the "mother country". Either way, all our ancestory is there, so let's try and help them rather than kill 'em huh.

===
Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by o22a6ar
What are you racist or something. I don't see why it would be a problem to help ANYBODY with all of the money the United States government has. You should be ashamed of trying to get people against Obama because he may or may not help black people. I'm sure McCain, in the event that he gets elected, will be doing a whole lot of things that help rich white people get richer. This isn't a problem for you? Why does this have to be about color anyway? Basing your opinion (which is most definitely negative) on someone because they are going to help black people seems a little racist.

the "all of the money the united states government has" is OUR money. it is not theirs and they don't have the right to have all that money. it is not THEIRS to do w/ what they please. now, the $$ they have in their pockets is perfectly fine to give away.

"You should be ashamed of trying to get people against Obama because he may or may not help black people."

this is the most ignorant statement from someone who obviously knows NOTHING about these things.

obama isn't going to be helping the ppl....... IF (i say if bc you are buying into something you know very well could not be true) the africans get helped, it will be US who are helping and not obama. come on...... if obama cares about the africans so much, i want to see him write out a check from his own personal savings account that will match what we will be having to put out.

there is NOTHING respectable about a man that claims he wants to help a country w/ the money that is earned by the labor of citizens from another country. NOTHING!!

go back and study american history...... and not the watered down version you were taught in school.

americans ARE charitable, but they can only be such when they are allowed to be. taking money out of another's pockets to give to someone else is hardly charitable.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Thanks justamomma for clearing that up for me

I wasn't getting why you were addressing those things to my post heh

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

WOW, this is quite the piece of propaganda.

Nevermind that the ONLY area Bush has been any good at has been Africa. I doubt that Obama will be shipping the US treasure there anytime soon :shk:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by eric52081
Let's keep this country going in the right direction please.

allafrica.com...

[edit on 1-7-2008 by eric52081]

Haha that's as far as I read. All I can say is meh.. Africa, Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel whatever doesn't matter anymore.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
this seems to be about people trying to force thier beliefs and what
they want on other people. i guess thats what politics is all about.

anyway, why not just let the people keep their money, everybody
donates to whomever they want. maybe somebody wants to help
Africa, maybe others Palestine, maybe others India.
hunger is hunger no matter where it is.

at the end of the day, everybody
feels good about where they donated, and its all fair.
thats the way it should be in this Republic of the USA.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Why bother voting in the first place? The majority of the voters are sheeple and believe that the govt gives a rats ass about them and their values and blah blah blah. Less than ten percent have a clue and they can't agree on anything either.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
It is sad that individuals such as yourself (SHORT SIGHTED RACIST BIGETS ) continue to find any excuse to to blame the world for any problem or discomfort that they may have. What you still don't understand and probably never will is that the world has become much smaller over the last few hundred years or so (eg. phone, space exploration, internet) and because of this the world is becoming for better or worse a Global Economy and someday soon a true global community. Therefore, it would be wise to look ahead not backwards and realize that in todays economy one countries problems usually means that its everybody's problem. If I were you I would ask myself why am I so angry at the world, you might discover that you have been the problem all along.

Warning: Ignorance has been known to cause shortsightedness a debilitating but curable disease.

AF

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
While I hate with all my heart and soul his yankee, IL, left wing, hippy, communist politics.....The idea he wants to "save" Africa is not the truth.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
The NWO wants control of Africa and the ME. Obama, they feel, already has Africa in his "pocket" because he is Black and has family in Kenya. Obama has also been to Africa numerous times to visit family.

On the ME coin, they feel that his Muslim heritage will get the majority of ME support. It is why his name was changed from Barry to Barack Obama. A move to get Muslims and Africans to identify with him. Barack is an African name, while the rest of his name is Arabic (Islamic).

The ME and Africa combined provide for 2/3 of the world's energy resources. The NWO wants contol of it.

They do not want China or Russia getting control of Africa or the ME.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jitombe

yeah.

Why bother?

Your philosophy should be applied to other corners of life as well.

Why go to work? I mean, obviously we're going to die, because ya know, paying those evil men their money that they ask for every month is really just worthless.

Why read? It doesnt change anything. I mean, your'e going to die anyways, so whats the point of reading? Nobody ever changed the world over reading a book.

Why exercise? It does not benefit everyone. I mean, you're going to die anyways, so why waste the time?

Why procreate? It just costs too much money to have a kid these days. The first several years -- all the child will be is clingy and needy. They're going to die anyways, so whats the point?

/end rant

Why vote? Because we can, thats why. Why dont you go ask the people of Burma if they'd rather have a 'vote' or 'no vote' system.

I wish people would stop kopping out. You vote because you can. You vote for the 'best' choice you have.

every year - you hear the same thing from different people.

"Is this really the best choice we have"?

YES - it is. If you think you can do better - you go run for office. If you dont think you can - then get off of your *snip* and do something about it. Go vote. Vote for anyone you want. I dont care. But to not vote, and then *snip* about who gets into office is to be a hypocrite. you dont wanna be one of them do ya?

Nobody will ever be the 'perfect choice' because there are soo many ideals in this country that no one person can suit them all

this is why we have represetnatives

they are in the house and the senate

you vote those people into power because they specifically represent you

you vote a president into power to equal out the playing field

why vote? Because if you dont, you have nothing to *snip* about.

[edit on 7/3/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Ok then, so was a vote for JKF a vote for Ireland?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisall

your post confuses me

Who is your question aimed at?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
I would like to say that the amount of stars that the OP is getting is sick. Really, who supports such bigoted racism and ignorance?

I've noticed in my short time here that the more ignorant the post is, the more stars it will get, while reasoned and logical posts are ignored.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join