It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the mainstream media starting to report ufo sightings again?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I have a feeling they're desensitizing us. Although I'm not quite sure how it will be revealed

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by notyavgkat

Why would they want to desensitize us just now? Why couldn't they have tried this before?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I dont see alot of ufo stuff on the news, but its always on discovery and history channels.
What I do notice, and maybe its just I never noticed it before, or maybe me getting older.
but in general even to little minescule details we overlook on tv, there seems to be this atempt to meld a fantasy type way of thinking.
I figure its targetd to younger people and children, wich one could say have always been brought up on fiction/fantasy. But I feel like you can see it in a broader spectrum.
I wish I could think of an example, its just so transparent.
Maybe you could use that CG animated nature program about fire breathing dragons...
I hate to get off subject here, but theres also the element of luring teens into sexual ideas. that is really through the roof in my eyes, I wonder why? Its almost as if its intended to speed up our birthrates.
It could all be just so television can compete with the internet.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I dont want to start a whole new thread or change the subject on this one, but wouldnt it be great timing if we made contact with Aliens now. They could help us out of this oil and energy crisis we are in now. Wonder if they made contact and news came out they were going to share their technologies what gas prices would drop to. Probably go back down to 1$. I can dream cant I?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Hey! Just have a look at this page (note the date!)
I know it is th "Sun" and thais is one 'sensationalist' news paper, however it has one of the highest readerships of the 'blue collar' brigade - mainly because of page 3 !!

www.thesun.co.uk...

Still, even some of the broadsheets are uping their coverage,

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.independent.co.uk...

enjoy

H

Edit: cause I made a mistook!!

Edit: 'cause I found another link!

[edit on 26-6-2008 by Havalon]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I kinda knew this was coming, but I have conflicted thoughts about it because of my own personal experiences I am a bit on the fence at to what this all means. I saw it coming because there has been a steady increase in reported sightings in the last 6 months in the media. Also the internet has made people realise that it is a massive phenomenon seen by hundreds of millions of people. It's not cooks and the laugh factor is starting to be applied to debunker skeptics.

Now, I have a positive and a negative scenario, and I suspect the truth could even be a combination of both:

1) Positive: aliens are forcing disclosure, so we're being dragged into our galactic community, whether our governments like it or not. This would be a massive change and would make the rest of our life pretty interesting as we adapt to the change that is interacting with older, and hopefully wiser, civilizations that have survived the awakening dangers of a technological civilization, the phase we are now in.

2) Negative: Our elitist controllers are using tesla based technology and advanced media projection (possibly even satellite based) to either do a false flag op for yet more permanent war economy or/and to seed a new religion to replace the old monotheisms which people are losing faith in, which means less elitist mass control and the freedom of the common man from psychological servitude to dogma. In this version there might even not be any real aliens, and it's just a modern mythos being built by the same people that have lurked in the shadows parasiting of mankind.

Like I said, I suspect it's a combination of both and the real ET's could be calling the elites hand, because I think NO WAY would humanity fall for an ET false flag op or a false ET prophet based religion at this time. We are just too jaded after all the false flag bull# and all this capitalist exploitation and publicity bull#. I think there is a massive global soap opera going on behind all this, one which I would dearly love to know more about

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Interesting you bring this up. I too have noticed a huge increase in the amount of UFO reports over the last week or more. Check out the news from England today. Hundreds of sightings overnight. It's getting creepy folks!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I believe that this may be a case where the powers that be want us watching the skies instead of the prices at the gas pumps.

Eyes on the ball, folks!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I don't know why they do that. For awhile they were pulling UFO stories from all over the place. Now nothing. They are too busy trying to make white America vote for Obama.
Which aint gonna happen....I prefer the UFO stories to what color undies Obama has on.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Please go to CIA.GOV, type UFO into Search Field.

Read: CIA's Role in the Study of UFOs, 1947-90 (06/25/08)

Take Care
NotAnAgent

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I very much doubt Alien disclosure is on the horizon. There's only one UFO documentary on UK mainstream TV this week and it's all about debunking UFO'S and how anyone who claims to have a seen UFO is simply deluded or mistaken.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
obviously the flag ship or what have you is getting closer and they have numbers they didn't have 10 years ago... Phx lights was surely the arrival of one of the first larger ships...

Their backup is getting closer.

Just be ready there is a fight coming, they will have to hit the ground to occupy that's where we have our chance to go guerilla on them...

get ready.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
sodom

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
obviously the flag ship or what have you is getting closer and they have numbers they didn't have 10 years ago... Phx lights was surely the arrival of one of the first larger ships...

Just be ready there is a fight coming, they will have to hit the ground to occupy that's where we have our chance to go guerilla on them...

get ready.

LOL....we have our chance to go guerilla on them... c`mon, you are making jokes are you?their backup? anybody say mothership?

sodom

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Sorry for the anon message, I've been here 12 months and never bothered to reply, so why I am replying to this is beyond me.
But I wish to draw your attention back to when Independence Day the movie was released. There was a huge media drive on reporting of UFO's 6 months prior to and right up to the release date. wasn't just newspapers, radio was having 1 hour specials all the time. Discovery channel and its imitators also made a huge event of ET subjects, time travel, lost worlds, etc.
The same happened when First Contact (Jodie Foster) was due for release.
It also happened when that terrible movie about giant insects on other planets,
and going further back, the movie that centered on old people rejuvenating their lives by having alien pods in the swimming pool.#

I'm no debunker, I'm just drawing parallels. Because of these parallels I have seen over the years , I am very sceptical of any "ufo publicity" that just happens to coincide with a sci-fi movie release date. And I'm guessing there is a big, Sci-Fi movie due for release sometime before Christmas.
If it stars Will Smith , then for sure be prepared to have your mind saturated with reported sightings from blue collar, Sun reading, Middle management people who have become bored with the pre-occupation of watching sport on TV.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

There's a news lull every summer, and UFO reports increase because more people are outside when it's dark. So more reports come in, and more of them get on the news, because they're always good for a few chuckles.

from that logic it could also mean that more people are outside to see the thing.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by capstan]

[edit on 27-6-2008 by capstan]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
We mustn't forget that the mainstream media is possibly the greatest tool at our leader's disposal to influence and sway public opinion. Everything they show us is for a calculated reason. Why would the PTB want to waste valuable airtime informing us of things that are irrelevant to their agenda? The fact that in Britain we've had two well-documented sightings by official personnel within a fortnight, plus dozens of others by civilians - I'm not saying we're on the verge of disclosure, just that I think it's likely that we're only hearing so much about this because the government wants us to - whatever their reason may be.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
the mainstream media has reported UFO load over the years, the big difference that I am noticing now is that the articles seem to be taken more seriously with less jokes about little green men and linking every thing to Mulder and Skully.

I keep asking my self why the MOD are releasing UFO files over the course of several years? why not just release every thing they have at once? Im sure its to warm people of the idea that we are not alone, Hmmm I wonder if the next releases will be more seroius.

Definatly trying to decensortise the public.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Just a thought, but could this maybe just marketing for the forthcoming x files movie, i want to believe?

As i said just a thought

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sodom
sodom

Originally posted by mopusvindictus

get ready.

LOL....we have our chance to go guerilla on them... c`mon, you are making jokes are you?their backup? anybody say mothership?

sodom

I figure thewy want the planet or they would just destroy it.. or want us, If anything wanted us dead, they could drop a single large bomb on one of the poles and any scout ships could probably do they job, if they didn't have what they needed they could having the right superior craft steal it...

so they want the world, don't want it destroyed want it in one piece... same reason we didn't "nuke Iraq"

the problem with all war isn't winning the war it's occupying the territory, that's a whole other can of worms no matter what tech they have.

We are a big massive bunch of strong apes... on a big planet, very hard to control outside of secrecy and deception which seems to be the method...

I don't think, mothership or not they could contain us... and I don't think they want to blow the planet...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
A TV channel is being launched in the uk channel 211.

Edge Media Television.

Our ultimate aim?

To provide information and viewpoints surpressed/ignored by mainstream media.

To DISCUSS these things in a respectful and intelligent way!

Any thing you think we would be interested in?

[email protected]

Please get in contact!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join