It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the mainstream media starting to report ufo sightings again?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I thought government agencies were supposed to make all kinds of cover-up stories for all that stuff. Has the government's agenda changed? Do they now want people to know that ET's exist and that they are flying in our skies and that we aren't alone in the universe? Do you think the government is setting us up for something big?

[edit on 26-6-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
First off, I'd like to say a big THANK YOU for starting this thread. I tried to post a comment about this in another thread and it never showed up. (I guess the mods are finally getting picky about the Anon ATS posts
)

That being said, I also find it strange that there seems to be A LOT of UFO-like coverage lately. Yes there's the MSM reports of flying saucers, but even the Discovery net works are airing (or reairing) shows on space, ufo's etc.

Maybe I'm jsut notice these thigns more cause I've been reading this site for WAY too long, but what I'm thinking is there may be a reason behind all of this, and the gov't is trying to desensitize us (or possibly make us aware) of these "out there" events in preperation for some kind of disclosure (or false-flag... that can be debated)

Ever since I read an article (i believe it was posted on here) about how the gov't will sometimes meet with movie/tv producers to give them certain information to put int her movies, I've been much more aware of these things (though some woudl call it paranoid from reading this site too much LOL)

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The History Channel is full of programs on UFOs (UFO Hunters, UFO Files etc) and it is partly owned by NBC and Disney. Larry King has guest on his show with UFOs as the topic. FOX showed the autopsy films claiming they were real. The media reports it as long as it gets ratings. They just don't take it seriously.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Do they talk about the 'free energy' driving the UFOs?
Or the possibility of man made UFOs?

I think they will just stick to the topic of sightings.
That has been successful for 50+ years in covering any technology release.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
the main stream media could make a better effort still to report and delve into the matter as well. theres plenty of great documentarys out there. i have heard a statistic that ufo articles in the newspapers alone have gone up 600% since 1997. thats saying something.

as the old generationers tricle off and die, the new/younger more educated and involved and dare i say aware, will start to show major signs of disclosure.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Yes...something is going on. But then look around you, we live in very interesting times. Our history books tell us that humanity has never lived through a time like this. Just think, a black man with the name Barack Obama could very well become President of the US. Meanwhile, the Internet has revolutionized everything. In the span of 15 years, the world has become unrecognizable from what it was. We are reaching a kind of tipping point, and will have to make some very grown up and mature decisions about were we want to go as a species. IMO, the increased UFO activity is a prelude to a more formal introduction that will be made, if we manage to avoid destroying ourselves over the next 5-10 years.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
There's a news lull every summer, and UFO reports increase because more people are outside when it's dark. So more reports come in, and more of them get on the news, because they're always good for a few chuckles.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

You have taken words from my mouth... I am also experiencing lot of news in mainstream media.

Are the sighting really increased or its ATS because of which people have started denying ignorance

[edit on 26-6-2008 by communicator]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
There's a news lull every summer, and UFO reports increase because more people are outside when it's dark. So more reports come in, and more of them get on the news, because they're always good for a few chuckles.

Actually with the Day light savings time fewer people are outside when the night is fully dark as it is late and they need to get ready for bed.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 38181
Actually with the Day light savings time fewer people are outside when the night is fully dark as it is late and they need to get ready for bed.

I beg to differ. People stay out later at night during the Summer -- particularly on the weekends -- because it's warmer, not because of the amount of light available. Ever since Thomas Edison invented a little thing called the light bulb, anyway.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
If the technology came to America after WWII with Nazi
scientists, it is still there and they haven't said anything.

Under lock down for sure all these years.
Let our 'free energy' go to the mass media.

I just got the hear their story knowing the real story.
NASA will develop it under the guise of some patent they develop.

If NASA just now developed the technology, how do the explain
50+ years of UFOs flying around.

Ooh yeah, the aliens.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

the beings of light would love to make full contact..so i hear

waiting for our gov. to drop its orders to have the air force attack any incoming beings

also waiting for humanity to raise its vibration,stop fighting each other and to grow up...

hugs for all

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Even FOX was laughing (all the way to the bank) when they showed the autopsy films. The reports of UFOs or any other supernatural phenomena is poked fun at in the media. Some even add the theme from "The X Files" to push the light tone.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
They want you to get used to the idea that these things are real, and that they acknowledge that they are real.
Then they will pull of their fake alien invasion.
You see the same old terrorist bombings are getting droll and just do not crank up the fear like they used to. Of course they knew this would happen and have been planning this for some time now.
I think it is overdue.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I'm thinking that it is really about the quality of the shows and the evidence they ridicule, that matters. Larry King recycles the same "old" people who tell storys only, while CNN shows the 'usual suspects' when it comes to UFO video and pictures.They ignore the NASA STS-75 "Tether" mission which is all over the video 'sights' and that's because it is "official" government footage! So nothing has really changed.The old narrative is just being re-cast.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by secretnasaman

i hear ya...

this website is getting a little stale imo...so many agents and debunkers here now..

i'm in the process of searching for more forums..

i noticed after linking this forum here
www.godlikeproductions.com...

that agents starting going there and posting up all kinds of BS...lol..oh well

maybe they will join humanity and help us out instead of doing what master tells them...would be nice

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
All about the soap opera syndrome.The media will do anything to get ratings and people paranoid to tune in for more garbage.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The optimist in me likes to believe that we are headed toward disclosure and that the increased media coverage is a pre-emptive form of conditioning to ease the transition. When the existence of extraterrestrial life is made common knowledge (for me and I'm sure for many others it is already undeniable) it will inevitably cause upheavel... the media is being used as a tool to gradually bring people around to the idea. Interestingly there was a section in a British tabloid today that said that bookmakers have cut the odds of alien life being found in the next year from 500/1 to 100/1. It does seem as if we are headed towards something.

Either that or it's just a hot topic that the media are using to blanket unsavoury news or fill a stagnant period. Either way, exciting stuff.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It all can be summed up into one word.

Everybody now...

Prostitution

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I think mainstream media is afraid of seeming redundant or conspiratorial if they fail to report on what is known to be out there by millions of people.

We're here on AboveTopSecret.com our honest (mostly) news. What does that tell mainstream news agencies?

So, they have to sprinkle their news reports with anomalous events to give the impression that they are free of reportage omission or corruption.

The powers that be are not gradually allowing the disclosure of knowledge just because they want to, but because they have to. I feel that extraterrestrials will start forcing evidence of themselves into public view against the wishes of the rulers of the world by increasing mass sightings to an ever increasing percentage of the population who will start questioning the rulers of the world.

The powers that be are just trying to soften the angry backlash that will be directed towards them by the eventual revelation that they have withheld evidence for years for none other than money or power.

So instead of an explosive, angry reaction, they will have an more muted or tamer reaction from people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join