It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the mainstream media starting to report ufo sightings again?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
There's a news lull every summer, and UFO reports increase because more people are outside when it's dark. So more reports come in, and more of them get on the news, because they're always good for a few chuckles.

The thing is, not many people are laughing anymore. They're asking questions.

Even news reporters aren't laughing nearly as much anymore. I can't wait to see the looks on faces of millions of people when the 'i told ya so' inevitably comes, and their chuckles become fits of panic and fear. Skeptics are fragile

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
BBC Radio 4 aired an afternoon play yesterday that, among other things, involved alien abduction.

Here is a synopsis of the show:

14:15

Afternoon Play

Life of Penguins

By Katie Hims.

Merle is a penguin keeper at London Zoo. When her sister Beth fails to make a date at the cinema, she goes searching for her. She soon realises that Beth has been abducted by aliens - not for the first time.

BBC Link

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

You're fearmongering. You don't know if the aliens are hostile or even what their agenda is. I side with the people that think they are probably benevolent, if probably very diferent to us. But diferent can be good, it's not like we're not in a hell of a mess already.

I think you may have watched too many hollywood alien invasion movies. Here's a reality check: If an advanced civilization comes here you can't guerrila them, because they are so far ahead of you tecnologically that they can basically just ignore you.

Now, I would be carefull with false aliens and false flags, I consider that a possible scenario, more probable than Independance day.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Excellent post. I was browsing nineMSN news, while there was nothing on the front page - I noticed that presently the most viewed/liked article amongst the people that browse the website was about UFO's. First time I've ever seen something like this on this news website, so I thought I'd come here for more information.

news.ninemsn.com.au... (the article for those interested...).

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
RATINGS = ADVERTISING DOLLARS

The better question is: Why is the general public increasingly interested in UFO's?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
all i know is the evil beings are already here and have been here for a long time....

the good beings of light are up there and are trying to save us...

major changes should be coming soon...

and on topic with the media and the elite....go do some searches on project Blue Beam...

much love to all

oh sidenote=we need NESARA asap.
www.nesara.us...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamesder
RATINGS = ADVERTISING DOLLARS

The better question is: Why is the general public increasingly interested in UFO's?

Thank you! I dont know why everyone is ignoring the facts, its not a government coverup as much as people are taking the time to watch these shows and its reflected in the networks ratings.

If there really was a superior alien race, that has traveled across the universe to get here, do you think they'd have any trouble making themselves known? They wouldn't be forcing the gov to do anything they'd just do it themselves. I'm not saying that there are no aliens out there or even that this isn't stuff flying overhead. I just think it is foolish to jump to the conclusion that there is a huge discloser coming because a T.V. station is trying to boost ratings or fill in slow news periods.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigdrew172
I just think it is foolish to jump to the conclusion that there is a huge discloser coming because a T.V. station is trying to boost ratings or fill in slow news periods.

I've never heard a satisfying explanation as to why people think major news organizations, whose reason for existence is to profit, are involved in some massive cover-up conspiracy.

It takes quite a leap of faith. We're getting to the point where people are fabricating elaborate stories to explain the UFO phenomenon instead of trying to explain the UFO themselves. It's not unlike ancient cultures attempting to create mythical gods and back stories to explain natural phenomenon which they didn't understand.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jamesder

If you look at it from the bottom up, ie, focusing on the agencies themselves it dosen't make much sense, but if you look at it from the top down, ie, following the flow of money, as credit, from the banking institutions into society, then it becomes much more obvious.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian

If you look at it from the bottom up, ie, focusing on the agencies themselves it dosen't make much sense, but if you look at it from the top down, ie, following the flow of money, as credit, from the banking institutions into society, then it becomes much more obvious.

are you suggesting the powers that be somehow influence the lowly reporter through a shady chain of command?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamesder

Originally posted by Zepherian

are you suggesting the powers that be somehow influence the lowly reporter through a shady chain of command?

Like you mentioned before people try to come up with extremely elaborate reasons for being correct. Companies store money in a federal bank, they then pay for advertising with the money they were keeping in a federal bank, then the news station uses that money to pay the reporter. DON'T YOU SEE! the federal bank must be controlling what the reporter says! there is a direct link! obviously I am being sarcastic, but it is one of the things that bothers me about this sight. People will come up with ridiculous reasons to reject an explanation that makes perfect sense just because they want something else to be true.

I will say that these people may have a point if we lived in a country where the government ran the news stations (i.e. North Korea) but saying that a for profit company is being controlled by something else is just ridiculous. Hey I'm not saying that the government doesn't play a little part in controlling the media, we have censorship laws and other such things, its just an extremely small amount.

I know people are going to just ignore me and say that I'm either ignorant or a disinformation agent but I'm just asking for a little bit of logic and reason to be used.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Yes, I am suggesting that. Society is controlled by money, especially if there is a loan out. Sure, you guys probably think the banking system is just out for bigger numbers on their computer screens, but I think they want the whole cake. And to eat it. Call me paranoid I guess.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This is just my observation.

Over the last couple of years or so there seems to have been a move away from ufos and sci-fi in new films and TV programmes and a trend towards the paranormal.

Bringing back the dead, contacting them or going back in time to prevent a person from dying were among the most popular themes.

I wondered what we might be being softened up for, or being diverted from.

Now, suddenly UFOs are back in favour but being reported seriously in the mainstream media.

It makes me wonder if a plan (to change our views on / attitude to the nature of death?) has been thwarted or abandoned.

Are there arguments 'at the top' or are they being overtaken by events they really do have no control over?

I, of course, would not rule out the possibility that this is just another silly seaon, made possible because so many people now can take pictures with their mobile phones.

Or, if there really is bad news (!) 'they' want to bury, it makes you wonder why they need ufos now we've got Big Brother.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bigdrew172

I think you're right - it is about making money up to a point - and they have to constantly have a feel for where their market is heading

but the UFO chatter is definitely up -

and the change I see - that many other people have already mentioned - is that it's taken on a new tone - with a lot more respect being given - and the subject has got more credibility now than ever

maybe it's nothing more than - you can't afford to insult your audience - especially if you want the revenue generated by their interest

but the interest doesn't just spontaneously blossom out of nowhere - it's been building

the mass sightings aren't as easy to blow off, so - they are genuine bona fide news stories - not just human interest/slow news day stories

you get one guy out in the woods who happens to see something shiny in the sky (no offense to everyone who's seen something shiny in the sky - I have too) - that's a story you can poke fun at

you get a whole city and a governor who see something massive hang in the air for a serious amount of time - what else can you do with that? That's news

after that you have to reconsider how you're going to present the next story, and the one after that - because now that one guy and his shiny object isn't someone you can ridicule as easily

it makes it easier for the next person, and the next

then the Vatican jumps into the mix -

seriously - a major world religion just gave their blessing - you can go ahead now and discuss it amongst yourselves - you're not going to hell - you're not even crazy

they may even be without original sin

we may even like them - treat them as our brothers

doesn't get any better than that

even if the whole UFO thing is a bust - we were all wrong - nothing out there but empty space - it was worth it to hear something like that come out of Rome

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
True, there has been alot of media attention of late. Two things come to mind;

They are trying to prepare us for disclosure, desensitizing the public and letting everyone know it IS ok to believe (your NOT crazy) then maybe soon (2012)
Humanity will see the first public Alien-human communication on LIVE TV as we sit with our Friends and family and can proudly say what we have always wanted to say to the skeptics...I TOLD YOU SO!

OR

They are only building us up to knock us back down. I've noticed everyone i talk to who for so many years have laughed at my thoughts on the good old ET's, have recently been asking me more and more questions around the subject, someone i know who is the biggest skeptic even turned around to me and said 'you know what you were right! i see UFOs in the paper today'. Most people see the media as fact, The TV is fact, The Paper is fact. So when they see these 'Factual' Sightings in their favourite paper or on their favourite channel, they dont feel as stupid anymore talking about aliens and they get to ask the questions which have been bugging them in the back of their mind for years. Then in a few months when they release footage and articles of how all the summer 08 sightings were a big hoax or that there was a 'reasonable' explination (weather baloons, satelites) they hope humiliation will sweep across the nation and everyone will once again bury their thoughts that maybe, just maybe there is other life out there.

Disclosure *fingers crossed*

Edits for spelling
[edit on 28/6/08 by Licentia]

[edit on 28/6/08 by Licentia]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Here is an additional report about another sighting of a UFO over the UK.

Reporting on the topic of UFOs currently seems more prevalent in the UK than it has in the past.

I happened across this article, for instance, by typing a general statement into Google news for clarification on its wording.

UFO Article

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
There's another aspect about this which I forgot to mention in my posts:

It's possible they, the media, are using the whole UFO phenomenon, overplayed, to distract the populations from the neofascist powerplays currently going on in europe (lisbon treaty) and in the US (neocons and the american century agenda). In this context a few secret airframes and drones are being used in a massive global disinformation and distraction campaign. This idea also fits into common governmental practice. It also distracts us from the massive rip offs being done to us in the energy sector.

This is a possible scenario, but I do think it goes deeper than this tbh.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I feel I have to mention the poor credibility of UFO witnesses in the UK
They always seem to be MRS Miggins and MRS Bunn on their way to a
tea dance or a WI coffee morning and see a spinning plate then the
silver plate comes down and talks to them and an alien appears and cures them of their varicose veins and bunions. Then they both report to the media how awfully nice they were.
Or sometimes it maybe PC SMITH [PLOD] with a slightly crazy gaunt hollow eyed expression reporting been taken aboard a spaceship and
being told of amazing future events.
The UK media have the most sarcastic reporters anchormen/women going , any UFO TV Radio reporting is ALWAYS tongue in cheek and patronizing .
The poor old UK UFO community has little chance unless a different more serious approach is taken.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by headlightone
I feel I have to mention the poor credibility of UFO witnesses in the UK
They always seem to be MRS Miggins and MRS Bunn on their way to a
tea dance or a WI coffee morning and see a spinning plate then the
silver plate comes down and talks to them and an alien appears and cures them of their varicose veins and bunions. Then they both report to the media how awfully nice they were.
Or sometimes it maybe PC SMITH [PLOD] with a slightly crazy gaunt hollow eyed expression reporting been taken aboard a spaceship and
being told of amazing future events.
:

Mrs Miggins lol
mrs Bunn lol
going to the WI!! very funny and very true. This is British humour though isnt it, we love our Mrs Miggins ( I assume you are British to post Mrs Miggins lol) but they really dont have a place in UFO reporting and why the media ALWAYS chooses these characters I do not know.

Yer being told amazing future events is another classic media quote. I for one can still not talk about this out in the open in the UK I would be seen as a nut so its not really helping the general thinking behind UFO s this is it.

I only hope as more reports come in a more serious tone will be adopted and Mrs Miggins will be replaced by fighter pilots, police, army and other more credible witness reports.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The UFO cover up has been going on for more than 50 years now. Do you honestly believe that the people who have been lying and deceiving you all these years, are all of a sudden going to come clean and tell you the truth and nothing but the truth. I very much doubt it. It will be their version of the truth and that basically means more lies and propaganda. I'm personally not holding out for full disclosure anytime soon.

Source Reveals Secret UFO Meeting at U.N. Disclosure 2013

www.ufodigest.com...

Maybe someone should tell the Aliens that 13 is considered by most humans to be a very unlucky number. How about 2014......
We've waited over 50 years, what's another year...

[edit on 28-6-2008 by kindred]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join