It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry supporters, what do you think of this!?!?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonsOfLiberty
Thats the response... "Kerry is a politican," since when is "politican" a ticket to be a lying, spineless, flip-flopping coward!?

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by SonsOfLiberty]

Why don't you ask the president?

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
"Sons of Liberty" cannot distinguish protest against governmental policies with support of the troops.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
... but honey thats different from the hate your feeling for bush.

I don't hate Dubya. I don't want him to be my president. There is a difference.

I simply compared the writers uneasy feelings about Kerry to my uneasy feelings about another four years of Dubya. I don't think the comparison is too far fetched. But, if you want to know why I'm uneasy about Dubya...

recess appoint of racist Judge Pickering

refusal to acknowledge global warming

total disregard for civil liberties

embracing pre-emptive war

reliance on others for creative ideas

lying about the budget

lying about wmd in Iraq

(and we still don't know what happened to Aristide)

Hold on, you belive Bush to be a "bigot," how so?

His statements about "protecting marriage" proved his bigotry. (bigot: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices)

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
How is the statement about marriage "intolerant?" Marriage has always been for ONE man and ONE women...

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I think this article is very telling and fair.

Judge Pickering

As for being a bigot, well, you might as well sign up for that label as well as the rest of us.

You just discribed humanity

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Not just Pickering, how about Miguel Estrada, he is Hispanic...

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Yes, I am sure that Condi would also tend to disagree.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonsOfLiberty
Hmm, the silence is deafening, I guess it speaks for itself.

Very excellent post, sir.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   
on what side of the fence one is on. Many in this thread I'm sure were not old enough to remember the Vietnam era. If you weren't there or to young to remember you really have no idea.

This veteran was around at that time and I am a strong Kerry supporter.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
if you refuse to acknowledge all the rights of every citizen in this nation because of your personal prejudices and beliefs you are a bigot.

Pickering was disputed. His reputation was in doubt and congress wouldn't seat him. The President took it upon himself to ignore the questions about Pickerings racist judgements to give him a seat. Unlike the other's Pickering had been blocked from day one because he was once a noted racist--so I suppose he's seen the light...give me a break.

By the way, I didn't call the president racist because I don't believe he is, but he's most certainly a bigot and stubborn to boot. He has no fresh ideas of his own. Every remedy he has prescribe has been thought up years in advance by some think tank. His lack of vision is why the hawks are running our government.

His main goal is to retain power by any means necessary. If you can't admit that makes you uneasy you are lying to yourself. He's given everybody-everything. He's increased the size of the federal government and fudges the numbers by not including war spending. He wants to open the already porous borders with mexico. If his immigration policy goes through we'll have unskilled labor flowing in from all over the world. Not to mention his covert attacks on countries such as Venezuela and Haiti, and he's promising Casto's head to the Cubians. Are we going to pay for that--how can we pay for that and remake the middle east as well?

The dollar is being boosted by Japan because they don't want to lose their investments.

If it wasn't for their help we'd be up #-creek without a paddle cause Dubya dropped it. He has to propose something but he won't because he can't admit he was wrong. EVER. He isn't made of the right stuff. It's time we admit it and move on.

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by Saphronia]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Link

Here's a link to the dollar situation. Deficits are not a victimless crime.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
To What John Kerry Said about Nam,

My Father did 2 Tours and was a MSG.Sgt in Vietnam,
I myself was born at West Point and had other Sarges over the house all the time, There WAS people doing these things to the people over there, the Special Forces of the US are very respectable and take there job serious as my Dad did to help the people (bulid churches help familes with food etc,), but there was alot of people drafted and taking it out on the people that lived there, young kids 18 and 19.

SO there are 2 sides to all this, just as in anything else and what you hear on the news is usualy only one sided, and Both Dem and Rep both do it, it is sickening, they only tell you what you need to hear to beleive them. News has turned us all againt each other because we only hear what our respective parties tell us not the whole thing.

Now Should have Kerry Kept his mouth Shut. YES!!. There is a code, we did alot worse to some German and french in ww2, but it is WAR, when you see death, your freinds everyday dying in your hands, your judgement become very skewd until you have done this, you cannot say anything.

I will vote for Kerry because he is the lesser of 2 evils I believe. But to be honest they both suck.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
if you refuse to acknowledge all the rights of every citizen in this nation because of your personal prejudices and beliefs you are a bigot.

Pickering was disputed. His reputation was in doubt and congress wouldn't seat him. The President took it upon himself to ignore the questions about Pickerings racist judgements to give him a seat. Unlike the other's Pickering had been blocked from day one because he was once a noted racist--so I suppose he's seen the light...give me a break.

By the way, I didn't call the president racist because I don't believe he is, but he's most certainly a bigot and stubborn to boot. He has no fresh ideas of his own. Every remedy he has prescribe has been thought up years in advance by some think tank. His lack of vision is why the hawks are running our government.

His main goal is to retain power by any means necessary. If you can't admit that makes you uneasy you are lying to yourself. He's given everybody-everything. He's increased the size of the federal government and fudges the numbers by not including war spending. He wants to open the already porous borders with mexico. If his immigration policy goes through we'll have unskilled labor flowing in from all over the world. Not to mention his covert attacks on countries such as Venezuela and Haiti, and he's promising Casto's head to the Cubians. Are we going to pay for that--how can we pay for that and remake the middle east as well?

The dollar is being boosted by Japan because they don't want to lose their investments.

If it wasn't for their help we'd be up #-creek without a paddle cause Dubya dropped it. He has to propose something but he won't because he can't admit he was wrong. EVER. He isn't made of the right stuff. It's time we admit it and move on.

What I don't understand, is how you can find fault with the president executing a legal power he has.

In addition, I have viewed quite a number of articles and investigations on the man and found the dissent left wanting.

Personally, I think he was chosen for his pro-life stance and nothing else.

Bush has again and again shown that he wants to push the pro-life agenda, and in that I support him.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
So Pickering is the only pro-life judge Bush could find in that district? It seems like he'll do anything to "push" his agenda even if it means putting someone who has been known to support racist views on the bench. He opposed the voting rights act of 1965. He consistantly voted against measures that would expand voting avenues for black americans. And as recently as 1994 he made a crucial judgement to reduce a sentence for a man who burned a cross in someone's yard. That's enough to say...no, this is as far as you go.

I believe this appointment had more to do with political cronyism than anything else. Beside that, the constitution gives the senate the right to say no to federal judges. Bush used the law for something it wasn't meant to be used a loophole because Pickering wasn't brought to a vote. Pickering had his chance to be confirmed, twice. If Bush is just going to appoint who he wants--why don't we just get rid of congress and the constitution.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

And believing that the course of world events would vary, even in the trivial details, as a result of who happens to have a couple extra million to throw at the special interest groups is completely moronic.

Out of curiousity, have you ever lived abroad? Have you ever lived in the Middle East? I have on BOTH counts. Let me assure you, the President of the US IS it's international face. If you have a buffoon and a warmonger as the pres, then that is how the rest of the world sees the US. Whether or not the Pres really has all that influence, in inconsequential....it is a matter of perception...and perception is everything in politics....

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Maybe you missed this part of the article I posted

"In a March 21, 2002, letter to Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, Pickering said he regularly gives leniency: "In drug prosecution cases, mostly involving African-American men, I have gone to lengths that I considered to be extraordinary to avoid imposing undue harshness on someone that I thought could be salvaged."

"Four defense lawyers sent letters as well, praising Pickering's fairness.

"On Wednesday, Cooper questioned the ethics of Pickering getting lawyers to write letters of support.

"Jim Herring, chairman of the Mississippi Republican Party, defended Pickering, saying he's been endorsed by the American Bar Association and many Democrats.

"He said Pickering has been involved in bringing the races together and served on the first board of directors for the Institute for Racial Reconciliation at Ole Miss."

Too bad you do not know the ins and outs of law and the cases themselves. The rulings on the voting measures might have had no legal president or merit.

Judges have not always had the view of some today, that they can rule to create law as opposed to only work within it.

Nothing brought forward besides your own conjecture has shown him to be racist.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The question is not whether you or I believe he is a racist today. He made decisions in his past that were racist. He shouldn't be allowed to serve on the federal bench or any bench in my opinion. Also, in fed cases there are manditory drugs sentences. There is no way he could "work around" those laws. Even though you attened to use these statements to make up for the wrong he's done in the past, that doesn't instantly wipe his slate clean. It just puts his judgement is in question.

My beef is not only with allowing these old racist to "transform" and become less racist but also with Dubya. Why would he appoint him even though he had such a jaded racial history, and he abused his position of power to the detriment of black folk? There should be a law, and Chief Justice Rehnquist should be subject to it too. Until they all die off no one who voted for or particpated in racist legislation and judgements should be allowed to work for the federal government or collect taxpayer monies.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The seeping wound that is John Kerrys' mouth will be his undoing.
His war record chest-beating will haunt him surely by July.

That letter was disheartening. JK has offended and slandered all military men and women by his opportunistic use of Vietnam for his personal goals and gains.
A real POS.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
honored those who actually earned their stripes/bars!?!?!

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
on what side of the fence one is on. Many in this thread I'm sure were not old enough to remember the Vietnam era. If you weren't there or to young to remember you really have no idea.

This veteran was around at that time and I am a strong Kerry supporter.

Unfortunately
I was around for Vietnam and really do not understand JK not raising a stink until he got home, got political goals and threw away someone elses medals- keeping his own Baby Killing medals in his office on display today no less???

It is a good question is it not?
How can a man be soooooooooooo proud of something that brought so much dishonor on a country in his eyes??

Flip-flopper extroidinare he is....does he land on one side of a fence ever?!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join