It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Powerful Weapon In The World

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
In my limited human scale, I'm gonna have to go w/whatever the most powerful nuclear weapon in the world is. Dunno exactly what that is specifically, but whatever the really nasty, high yield, American/Russian, cold war insanity, nuclear weapons are/were.

On a concept level, I think if you could devise a weapon with which you could create a singularity (black hole) at a specific location, that would be the single nastiest physical weapon I can comprehend. I think that would cause some destruction on an intergalactic level. I can't imagine how you'd get far enough awy to "fire" or "detonate" such a weapon, tho.

. . .Or, a little further out there, a weapon which could initiate "The Big Crunch"/"Big Rip," the theoretical end of everything in some "Big Bang" theories.

Hopefully, it'll be generations before we can scratch the surface of either of those last weapons.

So yeah, for now, when you absolutely postively have to kill everything, nuke it. . .

--J1M

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
the most powerful weapon is hope and patriatism
look at bannock burn,american revolutionary war or the battle of the mons even though they were out numbered and out classed they won or done some serios damage

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
the most powerful weapon is hope and patriatism
look at bannock burn,american revolutionary war or the battle of the mons even though they were out numbered and out classed they won or done some serios damage

The scots won at bannockburn because the stupid english commanders didn't use their archers properly and instead like idiots charged with heavy cavalery into the forest of scotish pikes.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
yes you are right there but what about american rev war ?
they were out classed by british forces but still won
the mons? the german army was the best in the world but the BEF held it off

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

sure you couls say that the human mind is the most powerfull wepon in the world, but as soon as we come up agianst a mind far superiour to ours then everything we make with our minds would be nothing more than the last step of the superiour mind. In that respect im talking about a better mind than onothers which still fasilitates your point hawever if someone were to kill someone with a phisical wepon such as a nuclear wepon and wiped out millions of people then those minds would be no good, yes ok someone could figure out a way to counter attack that nuclear missle but the same prinssiple applys. what im trying to say is the mind maybe the most powerfull wepon in the wourld but you could also say it is the most fragile wepon in the world.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
We are here looking for the most powerful weapon. I find this funny in away because their weapon is working! Think about this, you are looking for some that you can see, feel or touch, but it is what you are eating, drinking and breathing! They give water that is full of poison (fluoride, chlorine) even when we buy it and think we are safe (wrong). Example of control is that fluoride dulls the way you think and that what you end of doing! Thinking, nothing is every done, no weapon is ever stopped because we are to busy thinking about it! This is just one thing that fluoride does (besides being a toxin rat poison) and that is why they use fluoride in the prisons, and will make people more docile. Our food supply, they have human DNA in rice that is used in beer, not counting all the growth hormones in milk and the need to eat because that makes us think we need more food and gain more with while playing the war games on the Internet because aggression of all the chemicals we ingest on a daily intake. Then all big brother has to do is to give us a cause to start everything into a motion, not a direction. The military has it's own special foods also. All the other post are correct, but the weapons run deeper that one expects. So now you find out that you are chained dog, you really don't have a lot of say so on what you are eating! Air, there is not enough room to post on that.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I think your idea of picking the media as the most powerful weapon is a pretty good bet. I say that because it can weaken a nations resolve to do the right thing, if put in the right hands. Or would that be the wrong hands? Likewise, it can strengthen a nations resolve in any situation if handled right more than any military, political, or economic weapon could, even though they all play a part as well. In fact, if the other possibilities were used to enhance the power of the media, it becomes the most effective weapon of all. Just look at what "Triumph Of The Will" did for Nazi Germany in the 1930's, or "The Birth Of A Nation" did for KKK revival in the mid 1910's here in the United States. And there are countless other, more recent, examples that could be cited. Micheal Moore's "Farenheit 9/11" is another great example from this century.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join