It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Powerful Weapon In The World

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Sure a nuke can do alot of physical damage....But os can the minds of people and thier actons.

Take for Instance the Rwanda Genocide killings. About 800,000-1 milion people died from these genecide killings in about 100 days or so...

The U.N did nothing to stop the killings. The U.S said that if their was a vote to do something the U.S would oppose it.

France sold the weapons, guns, etc to the Rwandans.

France went in to set up a safe zone for the Refugees.

This genocide happened because of the Plane crash of the Rwandan president (apparently missile shot out of the sky...i think...)
2 opposing groups blamed each other and went on to do genocide... that killed about 1 million people.

No matter which way you put it.

YOu can say yes the nuke is the most powerful weapon...it makes a huge explosion...KaBOOM.

But I say NO. The most powerful weapon is the Human mind. It creates the weapons, aids the weapons, and damn right it can be lethal on it's own.

Just take a look at the mob. The Mob can inspire fear to change other poeples views on life, the actions an individual does.

Have 1 leader inspire a nation enough, sieze control of that nation through poeple voting for them and thier band of goons, create a police state, get the whole country armed, go to war with other countries and invade them, get into alliances with other countries taht start wars too...

Have countries that force other countries to make war with them so they can go to war.
Get the scientist together to create more weapons to help kill people faster.

Trust me...I know it, You know it.

The human mind is the most powerful weapon in the world.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Fear is the most powerful weapon.

After that, it is probably the weapon that we don't even know exists right now....... being developed or highly classified.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Ok you people are missing that fact that, IF there are no people alive after several nuclear explosions, WHO ARE YOU GOING TO ENFLICT FEAR UPON? yourself?

Think about it for a minute, not too hard, my brain began to hurt.

Owwwweeee

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Well let's see,

I could be wrong but I doubt it. The most powerfull weapon is HAARP. It makes nukes obsolete. And it is very interesting.
Look into it.

Polar Bear

Title: Russian parliament concerned about US plans to develop new weapon

Document Number: FBIS-SOV-2002-0808
Document Date: 08 Aug 2002
Division: Russia, North America
Subdivision: Russia, United States
Sourceline: CEP20020808000087 Moscow Interfax in English 1009 GMT 8 Aug 02
Citysource: Moscow Interfax
Language: English

[FBIS Transcribed Text] MOSCOW. Aug 8 (Interfax) - The Russian State
Duma has expressed concern about the United States' program to develop a
qualitatively new type of weapon.
"Under the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP), the
U.S. is creating new integral geophysical weapons that may influence the
near-Earth medium with high-frequency radio waves," the State Duma said
in an appeal circulated on Thursday.
"The significance of this qualitative leap could be compared to the
transition from cold steel to fire arms, or from conventional weapons to
nuclear weapons. This new type of weapons differs from previous types in
that the near-Earth medium becomes at once an object of direct influence
and its component.
These conclusions were made by the commission of the State Duma's
international affairs and defense committees, the statement reads.
The committees reported that the U.S. is planning to test three
facilities of this kind. One of them is located on the military testing
ground in Alaska and its full-scale tests are to begin in early 2003. The
second one is in Greenland and the third one in Norway.
"When these facilities are launched into space from Norway, Alsaka and
Greenland, a closed contour will be created with a truly fantastic
integral potential for influencing the near-Earth medium," the State Duma
said.
The U.S. plans to carry out large-scale scientific experiments, under
the HAARP program, and not controlled by the global community, will
create weapons capable of breaking radio communication lines and
equipment installed on spaceships and rockets, provoke serious accidents
in electricity networks and in oil and gas pipelines and have a negative
impact on the mental health of people populating entire regions, the
deputies said.
They demanded that an international ban be put on such large-scale
geophysical experiments.
The appeal, signed by 90 deputies, has been sent to President Vladimir
Putin, to the United Nations and other international organizations, to
the parliaments and leaders of the UN member countries, to the scientific
public and to mass media outlets.
Among those who signed the appeal are Tatyana Astrakhankina, Nikolai
Kharitonov, Yegor Ligachev, Sergei Reshulsky, Vitaly Sevastyanov, Viktor
Cherepkov, Valentin Zorkaltsev and Alexei Mitrofanov.

[Description of Source: Moscow Interfax in English -- non-government
information agency known for its aggressive reporting, extensive economic
coverage, and good coverage of Russia's regions]

www.fas.org...

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
HAARP is easily out-powered by a weapon that is possible but (thank God) hasn't been built yet. A "schwarzchild bomb" capable of creating a black hole by compressing atomic nuclei could, on its own, destroy entire star systems. Fortunately, no-one will ever build one, as there is no way to escape its effects once you've set it off.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   
na u want a weapon that sets alight the atmosphere NOW thats a weapon!

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   
As far as physical and quite real, it's a tie between the hydrogen bomb and the neutron bomb.
As far as things that are on the drawing board that is a tie between a Hafnium bomb or a weather creation system.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Definition: [n] instrument used in fighting or hunting; "he was licensed to carry a weapon"
[n] a means of persuading or arguing; "he used all his conversational weapons" It would have to depend on what your definition of Weapon is, and Powerful, HAARP in theory would be very bad indeed but right now I would have to say the NUKES since we have seen what they can do and the fact that firecrakers of WWII are nothing compared to what a 50 Megaton Hydrogen bomb can do.

Media excerts a tremendous amount of power and pressure over the world but that still comes from the Mind, along with NUKES, so that I think the most powerful weapon on Earth is an IDEA.

You would not have any Weapons with out the Idea behind it, nor a Media without an Idea to put out. Of course just because you have a Mind doesn't mean that you have any Idea>

Or at least any that make any sense.

[Edited on 5/6/2004 by Duke_Nukem]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
...... is the most powerful force. It will be here long after we've gone, and inflicts more damage per year than any man made device (IMO).

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by Koka]

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by Koka]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Excuse me,

But the most powerfull lethal all encompassing weapon in the world is HAARP
What in the world were you thinking. Do not believe me research the opinion of the Russian Dumas can be accesses at fas.com. Read more and think less till you are over the hill

TUT TUT

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
look u haarp is so powerful but tell me this can it obliterate solar systems?
can it drown an entire continent?
haarp may be the most powerful man made weapon but it is still insignifigent so nature
you bomb it,burn it,poison it or rip it apart but it still comes back
frankly your screw wi nature and nature will screw you over ten times worse atleast
any 1 seen jurasic park thats what happens when u screw wi nature

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The most powerful weapon in the world; IS THE WORLD ITSELF.

The energy contained within the Earth is so substantial, that it cannot be reproduced by man, ever....

Mr. M

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Errrm, you people are really missing the point, THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON IN THE WORLD IS A POINTY STICK!

Pointy sticks make excellent weapons at poking at, plus you can make the other person cry, it is not about killing or death, it is about humiliating another person in public(and not the other *kind*-you sick monsters).

Shattered OUT...

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
Ok you people are missing that fact that, IF there are no people alive after several nuclear explosions, WHO ARE YOU GOING TO ENFLICT FEAR UPON? yourself?

Think about it for a minute, not too hard, my brain began to hurt.

Owwwweeee

With fear you don't even need to use a nuclear weapon.
You make people scared enough of a nuclear war and you never need to have one.

The dude was correct. Fear is the most powerful weapon. Half the time you don't even know that it is being deployed against you. It's in your subconcious.
If you can make people afraid you have the power to make them do almost anything you want them to.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
but with fear comes anger and with anger comes hope if u push people too far then they will snap and then thats nasty

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Not if it is controlled.
And for the most part, the fear that is used against us is controlled. There is never enough to push you completely over the edge but there is always enough to keep you in check.
It's like a dull toothache, throbbing away.

Somebody here stated that the media is a powerful weapon. To me, the media is part of the fear control mechanism.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The mind is definitely the most powerful weapon. It invented the nuke, hydrogen bombs, fusion bombs, neutron bombs, etc.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
To be technical, there is no great/ultimate weapon, but our selves.

The human is a very complex system of cells and organs with a brain that allows it to think for itself. There is no real fear that can be inflicted, most human activity is mental, it is all in our heads, so therefore, there is no true ultimate weapon.

Shattered OUT...

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
To be technical, there is no great/ultimate weapon, but our selves.

The human is a very complex system of cells and organs with a brain that allows it to think for itself. There is no real fear that can be inflicted, most human activity is mental, it is all in our heads, so therefore, there is no true ultimate weapon.

Shattered OUT...

technicaly ur wrong most people think that cause humans built all this technology that humans are the greatest frankly thier wrong we got lucky BIG time
though i see what you mean and u have a very valid point
look at the ant it may be tiny but it can lift something 6 times its weight imagine 1 our size it could lift cars with ease and ants military tactics are sometimes better than ours seriosly they are
nature the worlds premier in warfare i wont repeat myslef with over 6 billion years of R and D time i think that they have come up wi some very good stuff take a star if it goes supernova it can take out a solar sytem

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
If you're talking in a knowledge is power type sense, then yeah, worldwide media is definitely the most powerful...now if you're talking a physically destructive weapon created solely for coverting matter into another form of matter, (since matter is neither created nor destroyed) I was watching a documentary I think on History channel that said the United States and Russia ALONE have the ability to destroy the world approximately 13 times using NUKES.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join