It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible AboveTopSecret security problem?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
If you would all be so kind as to go into the members list, and then sort the members by staff....and look at the last person: "phantom9". I don't know if he is legit or not, but an Administrator with 0 posts, and no personal information seems a little odd to me. I never remember seeing any info about him on here, so I think that he is a hacker or something. And if not, then sorry for bringing this up!

J.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This has been mentioned once before, but no one ever addressed it. I'd like to know the answer, too.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
YES, I seem to remember something about this, too. Information on this would be greatly appreciated!

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Doesn't the name say it all? "Phantom" It makes sense for an Admin to have more than one member account incase one gets corrupted doesn't it?

m...

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Doesn't the name say it all? "Phantom" It makes sense for an Admin to have more than one member account incase one gets corrupted doesn't it?

m...

Hmm. It doesn't appear to be a normal practice. Can we get an "Administrator" to clear this up? Thanks in advance.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Yes, but there is already Admin3, and at that, three other Administrators...so the corrupted account could probably just be replaced by the other's, and that would be all..right? Yeah, I would like to know...I didn't know that this was already done before, but this is really a disturbing thing...if you think about it...

Thanks,
J.

EDIT: Yes, please could an Administrator clear this up for us? Thank you...

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by Milton]

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Your question has already been answered. Springer is not just a member, he has access to Cosmic so he knows what he's talking about.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I never said that he didn't know what he was talking about, as far as I know that is just an assumption, Springer, is this an assumption or do you know that to be fact? I'm aware that he isn't just a member, I've been browsing these boards for months before joining.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Well can Springer explain it in full light instead of random guessings.

Should I create a spare account just in-case my account gets corrupted? >;P

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Well can Springer explain it in full light instead of random guessings.

Should I create a spare account just in-case my account gets corrupted? >;P

I don't think so, I think that's frowned upon. Oh, and Milton I think it was rhetorical question but to put you at ease yes, it is an acount for when an admins becomes corrupted.
I just think they obviously don't want to shout about it.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Rebel109 hijacked one of my posts about a month ago. My post came up under the name Rebel109 in my favorites list, and from that point, I couldn't access the thread.

Rebel109 also has 0 posts.

DC

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Just a little off topic. Do you find it interesting that this thread has had 12 posts and over 1200 views. Check out the main board. Lots of people watching.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm not so sure that phantom9 really is just a backup Adminstration account. What if that really a hacker who has that account here on AboveTopSecret? In that case Rebel109 may be the exact same person who has Phantom9. John, not to call you a liar or anything, but doesn't that strike you odd that if that was an Adminstratos account, and they didn't wan't people to know...why would they tell you? Could it be? Yes. But I don't honestly believe that it is, personally I wouldn't see the point in them having it...as I've said, they can probably just reset themselves anyhow, by having another Administrator do it, or they could just edit the members database and add themselves in as someone else. Really, would there be a point to this? I would still like an Administrator or Moderator to answer this mystery for us

Thanks,
J.

EDIT: Oh man
, now I'm getting stage fright...

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Well Milton obviously they can't win either way. If they don't want to say anything and don't, you claim conspiracy, hacker e.t.c. If they do tell you, then you'll ask why they're announcing a secret account and claim conspiracy, hacker e.t.c.

The reason you are probably not getting a response from Admin is because they've already addressed this issue, and have got better things to do than repeating themselves.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Ah, I figured it out myself....or at least came to my own conclusion.
Please disregard my request for clarification.

(I will not make any more posts in this thread)

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It is obviously not a secret as you can see the account simply by sorting the member list by "staff". It says "phantom9" right there, wouldn't you think that if it was really a secret then they would simply make a member account with Administrative rights? Wouldn't that make more sense than making a secret account in plain sight? I'm sorry if this is an Adminstrators account, but shouldn't we make sure that this isn't a hacker before just being ignorant and dismissing this?

J.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I remembered seeing a similar thread to this before. It took a while to track down

www.abovetopsecret.com...

this may be another secret account that has just been outed.

It might have been a good idea to have U2U'd a mod or admin about this rather than posting it on the board.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Milton
I'm sorry if this is an Adminstrators account, but shouldn't we make sure that this isn't a hacker before just being ignorant and dismissing this?

J.

I'll say it one more time and hopefully it'll get through this time. This has already been addressed. You have been told what the account is yet you continue to not believe or question it. It can't be made any clearer my friend.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Obviously Milton Administration is not concerned about it or I think that by now youd have gotten a comment on it from a mod or something, Im sure like JN said its been addressed.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
They own all your lawns.

LOL

NOTE: This is NOT a one-liner!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join